• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 10 |OT| - A Fraud is Not Clearly Better Than Blaine Gabbert

Here's what I can't get. Brady can't throw a ball more than 15 yards unless it is to Gronk and his giant catch radius. On that last drive, after the Collins drop, I'm pretty sure McDaniels told him to never ever ever throw deep again or Jimmy would go in

But the Pats can move the ball just fine dinking and dunking all the time, but Peyton is out there throwing 40 yard ducks. Why aren't they running that Pats 5 yard pass pick game all day? They have the talent to do it. You can say teams dare them to go deep, but do they not with NE?

Are McD and BB really that much better at crafting a short passing game than anyone else?

dude he threw a bomb to lafell in the giants game

MechDX

im sorry mech

its not your fault

HAHAHA!!! No way is he in a position to ask for more control.

You guys just don't know how the Texans operate. O'Brien is not getting fired. PERIOD. McNair just does not do that. If this slide this season continues someone will have to be a sacrificial lamb to appease the fans. The one constant through all of the shitty drafts and under achieving the last few years is Rick Smith.

If rumors are true then O'Briens guy for GM already works for the organization in Brian Gaine. "Promote" Smith and give the GM powers to Gaine. Who will just basically answer to O'brien

Miami has 5 games at home, so no need to really worry about the cold.

Probably won't matter, anyway. there are like, what? 10 teams in the AFC that has a 4-5 record? I really don't care how awful we are. It'd be nice to make the playoffs.

Don't do this to yourself friend, we are at best looking at 7-9/8-8. We won't sniff the playoffs and don't deserve too. Honestly the best scenario is a top 10 draft pick for the next staff.

DMczaf

You guys just don't know how the Texans operate. O'Brien is not getting fired. PERIOD. McNair just does not do that. If this slide this season continues someone will have to be a sacrificial lamb to appease the fans. The one constant through all of the shitty drafts and under achieving the last few years is Rick Smith.

If rumors are true then O'Briens guy for GM already works for the organization in Brian Gaine. "Promote" Smith and give the GM powers to Gaine. WHo will just basically andswer to O'brien

its not your fault

Farooq

Banned
Go routes arn't really challenging for QBs with diminishing arm strength.

It is the intermediate/deep out breaking routes. Hardest throws in football.

rando14

If you need help picking an avatar for him, you know where to find me.

AEPEFGN.gif

Hmmm hey wait a minute, is there some sort of beef here, I never knew.....

Godslay

Banned
It's one issue. Well two - the other being the ever present I want to win a Super Bowl.

Sure, but the chance at a Super Bowl doesn't include hurting the team by hiding an injury.

If the guy would have just sat and healed (just like Elway did with Brister), it would have still been his team to take over when he was well. He still could have set the records, been healthy and fresh, and maybe play better long term.

Instead, we had to struggle to stay in games due to turnovers and it has finally caught up.

At least it was bad enough game to force the hand, and now everything is coming out in the open. Better late than never, and the record in the AFCW and timing of the season gives Brock sometime to acclimate so he's not completely raw if we make the playoffs.

Sure, but the chance at a Super Bowl doesn't include hurting the team by hiding an injury.

If the guy would have just sat and healed (just like Elway did with Brister), it would have still been his team to take over when he was well. He still could have set the records, been healthy and fresh, and maybe play better long term.

Instead, we had to struggle to stay in games due to turnovers and it has finally caught up.

At least it was bad enough game to force the hand, and now everything is coming out in the open. Better late than never, and the record in the AFCW and timing of the season gives Brock sometime to acclimate so he's not completely raw if we make the playoffs.

C'Mon Godlsay.

Manning discloses that he's FUBAR with his arm, his planting foot, and his ribs, and you think Elway gives him a victory lap? He would have told Manning "Either retire or we cut you".

If this timetable is to be believed then wouldn't that put all this at or just after Manning's renegotiated contract?

squicken

H
Brady can still throw intermedia to deep, obviously not on the level of Rodgers or any other stud passer, but deep enough. Manning, even in earlier games this year, just can't get it there... Maybe from injury, maybe from age, or over-use, or whatever. It means teams can exclusive play short on them. On the deeper passes Manning has made this year, he's thrown his whole body into the throw, taking several steps up and hurling it. Kansas City got good pressure and prevented Manning from making those step up throws, and he short armed most of them.

He also seemed to lose the ability to read defenses. Not just bad throws, but bad throws to defenders he clearly didn't see. It's part of what is so nice about the short throws; no levels to read. That's a very good breakdown. Thanks for taking the time to really lay it out like that

Hindl

AC Sprain and concussion. I saw a rumor that Bradford couldn't remember the first half of the game because of the concussion.

Yeah saw that. That's pretty rough hopefully he gets better.

Truly a miracle that the Dolphins won yesterday. They were without two of their best defensive players (Wake, Grimes) and many supporting defensive players, to the point where they were throwing out UDFAs signed from the practice squad just last week into action consistently. On an already bad defense it's a lot to ask for those guys to stop the opponent on occasion, much less for 3 quarters. I know Sanchez played a part in all of it but it was still shocking to see.

Dolphins o-line sucks and Tannehill's pocket presence has regressed (and it was never great to begin with). Despite the talented skill position players this offense is just hard to watch a lot of the time.

Nothing I saw yesterday told me that the Dolphins are in any kind of playoff hunt. If anything it just showed me how bad the Eagles are.

This is why I'm thankful for the loss. This season, like all the others, has been awfully inconsistent. One week this team is garbage, the next they are world beaters. But what I saw on the field yesterday was an undisciplined team that let an amazing start slip away. Yes we had injuries to Bradford, JMatt and Mathews, but a well-coached and disciplined team would've kept that lead regardless. Every major play the Eagles made, there was an inevitable penalty bringing it back, and on the flip side, I had to hold my breath on each 3rd and long we stopped, because someone was always holding in the secondary. The team has talent, as seen in those two opening drives, but they fuck up too much and make too many mistakes to be considered a good team. Even if we luck out and win to the finish and make the playoffs, those other teams would eat us alive

Don't do this to yourself friend, we are at best looking at 7-9/8-8. We won't sniff the playoffs and don't deserve too. Honestly the best scenario is a top 10 draft pick for the next staff.

Teams that don't deserve playoffs can still make it in. They just play slightly less shitty than the others who don't.

There's still hope!

If Brock starts next week I think the Bears run the table and win the division. That 12/20 game against Minnesota will be huge if Minnesota keeps playing so well.

But you clearly stated the NFC North is Terrible, that the Packers should just have been gifted a play-off spot and a first round bye. No need to play those meaningless regular season games right?

Godslay

Banned
C'Mon Godlsay.

Manning discloses that he's FUBAR with his arm, his planting foot, and his ribs, and you think Elway gives him a victory lap? He would have told Manning "Either retire or we cut you".

If this timetable is to be believed then wouldn't that put all this at or just after Manning's renegotiated contract?

Manning renegotiated in March.

Foot injury supposedly happened at his camp in July. Was good and bad over that time period (this season), but it was an issue the whole time apparently. Ribcage happened Saturday of this week, no timeline on shoulder, but I think it's recent. Report is turf at Indy inflamed foot last week.

Deal was done several months prior to the injury, so really wasn't in danger of being cut because the Broncos aren't going to eat $22M in dead money for doing so.

So for all intents and purposes, it was his team this year. He should have played it straight and healed up. Now he can heal up and I don't think anybody will want him back. Transition is underway, and I don't think they turn back.

cdyhybrid

Isn't it going to be wild when the Hawks lose to him?
Not really, anything can happen when two awful teams play each other.

I just think it's hilarious that Niners fans are celebrating the potential to match our record in our worst season since Jim Mora was the coach. Have some pride in your team.

diffusionx

Gold Member

Would he have healed? Manning has one of the worst QBs in the league from week 1. He has had a few good games but has mostly been really bad and Denver has been winning on the strength of their defense.

Manning renegotiated in March.

Foot injury supposedly happened at his camp in July. Was good and bad over that time period, but it was an issue the whole time apparently. Ribcage happened Saturday of this week, no timeline on shoulder, but I think it's recent. Report is turf at Indy inflamed foot last week.

Deal was done several months prior to the injury, so really wasn't in danger of being cut because the Broncos aren't going to eat $22M in dead money for doing so.

So for all intents and purposes, it was his team this year. He should have played it straight and healed up. Now he can heal up and I don't think anybody will want him back. Transition is underway, and I don't think they turn back.

Ah sorry, my timetable was way off.

Still. Peyton is on borrowed time. He goes out for any length of time and there is no guarantee he's ever allowed back. It's pretty clear he's on thin ice with the FO as it is. Plus Plantar Fasciitis doesn't "heal". It just improves.

As it is, the Broncos are 7-2 and there are rumblings that this is it for Peyton. He's not stupid.

The NFC North is terrible! When have I contradicted that?

You never talked about your beloved Packers though. You said that it was a cake walk for them, whilst making fun of how terrible the Lions and Bears are.

Whilst in the meantime talking about how Rodgers is the greatest QB of all time, making everybody around him better.

And how do you feel about all these meaningless regular season games now?

eznark

Banned
Rodgers is a fraud!

Have you changed your position at all on good QBs making bad WRs good? Mr. Munn seems to miss Jordy an awful lot this year.

I'll let you know if Rodgers ever has a good game. He has played pretty awfully the last two weeks in particular.

Gigglepoo

Peter King said:
5. Peyton Manning’s nine drives on the worst day of his NFL career: Interception, three-and-out, three-and-out, interception, three-and-out, interception, three-and-out, three-and-out, interception. Yanked. Yes, Peyton Manning removed from a game; coach’s decision. Final: Chiefs 29, Broncos 13.

Brutal seeing Peyton's day spelled out like that.

jmdajr

The wheels have just come flying off the Packers and Broncos. Yeah, who the fuck knows who wins those divisions now.

Only AFC East is set in stone. Maybe NFC South.

AFC North Bengals derailment starts tonight!

hur hur hur

Cruz is now Elijah Price...after being cleared for practice last week, Cruz tore his calf on Saturday. .
Paul Schwartz ‏@NYPost_Schwartz 14s14 seconds ago
Cruz tore the calf again on Saturday, Reese said.

Top Bottom