• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 10 |OT| - A Fraud is Not Clearly Better Than Blaine Gabbert

No way, Houston lost to the nets?!

QoqOby7.gif

How?

Star Wars up on EA Access. Who's all picking it up?

I'll probably play it for the free trial period, not buying it though. Didn't think the beta was particularly impressive, the sound design is incredible but it wasn't that fun to play. Would much rather play Battlefield 4 if I want that kind of game.

So when does Sam Hinkie actually start caring about winning?

I appreciate the thought of saying "Fuck it we're not going to be mediocre and pretend we care" and wish more teams would embrace that, but there is so much luck involved in either A) getting a number 1 pick in a year there is a transcendant, generational talent available that can turn your franchise around or B) having that same kind of talented player become available via trade so you can use these assets you have been collecting and acquire him. This shit can theoretically go on for another 5 years without paying off. It's ballsy as fuck but I just don't think it's going to work out for him. It'd be like an NFL team intentionally going 1-15 every year until they either draft or trade for the next Brady/Peyton/Rogers...odds are it's not going to happen.

Fox318

I appreciate the thought of saying "Fuck it we're not going to be mediocre and pretend we care" and wish more teams would embrace that, but there is so much luck involved in either A) getting a number 1 pick in a year there is a transcendant, generational talent available that can turn your franchise around or B) having that same kind of talented player become available via trade so you can use these assets you have been collecting and acquire him. This shit can theoretically go on for another 5 years without paying off. It's ballsy as fuck but I just don't think it's going to work out for him. It'd be like an NFL team intentionally going 1-15 every year until they either draft or trade for the next Brady/Peyton/Rogers...odds are it's not going to happen.

problem is eventually you have to buy or trade those assets.

not to mention that its unrealistic to expect your customers to simply buy in to your system with no timeline.

If they don't get cousins they are just going to hope that they get lucky in the draft and you don't need to suck that much to do so.

DMczaf

Going to a conference, so most my time will be in that. For me it's really about networking and such for the job search. On our free time and nights not sure what will happen yet haha. If anyone has Any advice shoot!

I'll be back by Friday.

I'll get you your Johnny Football experience

MechDX

Finally found Star Wars BF, you have to go to the Xbox storefront to get it. Why it isn't just in the app is dumb.

Either way downloading now.

squicken

The Rockets, before Harden, were getting that 9th seed. It's the worst thing. It's like winning 75 games in baseball. Tanking sucks, but fielding a team that's ceiling is the 8th seed is useless.

Current Rockets, idk. I've never been a Howard fan and they seem to be way too reliant on Harden for scoring. Morey has some work to do

squicken

I read something that Stafford would be the first QB in history with 90+ career starts to have two 2-win seasons, if that's how things continue this year. Speaking of:

Rodgers on Detroit's 0-24 streak in Wisconsin

“That’s a good question, but I don’t really think it does because there are probably some guys on both teams who weren’t born when that streak began,” Rodgers said, via Carlos Monarrez of the Detroit Free Press. “I’ve been a part of a lot of the games. There have been some close ones over the years, some battles. It’s just kind of fell our way the last 20 times or whatever but it’s always been very competitive.”

There was then a pause for laughter from the questioners, but Rodgers was trying to be nice.

“Come on now,” he said. “Keep it together. Keep it professional.”

Top Bottom