• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 10 |OT| - A Fraud is Not Clearly Better Than Blaine Gabbert

eznark

Banned
Man, Eddie Lacy just does not give a single fuck.

"I honestly don't know what it is," Lacy said. "Definitely, I'm off to a different start. I'm not playing how I was the previous two years. Later on in the season, maybe it'll pick back up. But as of right now, this is just the move that is going to be.

"This season (Starks) has definitely been the better player between the both of us. That's just the move."

"Oh well, Starks is better, good move coaches"

Dude just doesn't like football.

Striker

So much for reinforcements on the O-line. I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop on Cruz and for them to give up on the possibility of him making it back.
Dan Graziano ‏@DanGrazianoESPN 2m2 minutes ago

Tom Coughlin says Will Beatty will remain on PUP, have rotator cuff surgery, season is over.
I don't get how this wasn't discovered sooner.

He was only in limited practices. Or was this something caused by a bad setback?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
New Hot Shots Golf game is going to be playable at PSX. GOTY 2016.

TWkZzTc.gif

gutshot

That's a real dumb comp considering Lacy was actually awesome for 2 years and is a super cheap late second rounder.

It's a pretty fair comp considering they both went to the same school, have similar running styles, share a fondness for fatty foods and are seemingly apathetic about football.

Lacy has slightly better numbers but that probably has a lot to do with being in a much better offense.

squicken

Rescuing Peyton Manning, and passing records, from the Stat R 4 Lozerz crowd

Quarterback statistical achievements make us uncomfortable. We're conditioned to think of them as consolation prizes for quarterbacks who generate gobs of yardage but don't win (or rarely win) Super Bowls. We downplay passing records at best, denigrate those who set them at worst. There's even a dirty word to sling around in arguments: stat compiler. Your guy was busy chasing personal glory while our guy was winning a ring. Grind that narrative wheel hard enough and an all-time passing record can be honed into a mark of selfishness instead of greatness.

It's ridiculous. Manning is breaking one of the most prestigious records in American sports Sunday. It's a mark that has been passed from undisputed Hall of Famer to undisputed Hall of Famer since professional football rose to prominence. Manning is further cementing his status as one of the titans of professional sports history. We shouldn't act like he is grubbing after some kind of runner-up trophy.

eznark

Banned
It's a pretty fair comp considering they both went to the same school, have similar running styles, share a fondness for fatty foods and are seemingly apathetic about football.

Lacy has slightly better numbers but that probably has a lot to do with being in a much better offense.

#3 pick vs. #67 pick.

OK!

Also...those aren't "slightly" better numbers unless you ignore games played and ypc. Relatively important....

jbug617

Banned
Patrick Willis might come back next year to play for the 49ers.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ws-rumors-speculation-on-lbs-potential-return

Bleacher Report NFL insider Jason Cole reported Willis hasn't ruled out taking his place in the middle of the 49ers defense once again next season. He noted, however, the decision to come out of retirement would only happen if he feels confident his foot injuries are no longer an issue. Nothing is set in stone.

The 30-year-old linebacker talked about his lingering foot problems during his final press conference back in March. He didn't feel his performance would be good enough due to the issues, as Tyler Emerick of the team's official site noted.

"You've seen me break my hand on Sunday, have surgery on Monday and play on Thursday with a cast on," Willis said. "But there's something about these feet. And those are what made me who I am. They had you all saying, 'Wow, where'd he come from?' I know I no longer have it in these feet to go out there and give you guys that kind of 'Wow.'"

gutshot

Lacy has a full extra Y/A than the Truck. It's not really a close comparison.

Yeah, but like I said, Lacy has been playing in a much better offense.

And if you look at Richardson's numbers his Y/A fell off a lot after the trade. He was averaging 3.6 yards per carry with the Browns, which is only 0.1 yards less than the 3.7 Lacy is averaging this season.

Greg

Yeah, but like I said, Lacy has been playing in a much better offense.

And if you look at Richardson's numbers his Y/A fell off a lot after the trade. He was averaging 3.6 yards per carry with the Browns, which is only 0.1 yards less than the 3.7 Lacy is averaging this season.
I'd be concerned if the offense was playing well recently

and Lacy wasn't carrying an obese child around with him after the ankle injury

Outer space seems fitting
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1139168

Fox318

Mannings record speaks more to rule changes, softening of defenses, and protecting QBs as marketing figures of the game.

Top Bottom