• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 10 |OT| - A Fraud is Not Clearly Better Than Blaine Gabbert

Hindl

Yes it is.

Unless they release Uncharted 4, a Gran Turismo or a new Elder Scrolls, I don't see who else would deserve it.

Driveclub is a good second for me personally

Not in a year with bloodborne, mgs v, witcher, splatoon, Mario maker, rocket league, etc. There were too many good games for another fallout to win

Herbs

Banned
Star Wars up on EA Access. Who's all picking it up?

Halo 5 is pulling too much.

Trejo's new internet love interest:

CSIPXiOUEAAITsJ.jpg:large

@tia_texada

NFL Today on CBS voice over woman

Tia+Texada+Screening+Girl+Progress+Arrivals+Koc3NdPvV43l.jpg

Texada_JS5310715.jpg

pnBMz2L.png

nwJWrGm.png

u0TUtU3.png

ViIeidy.png

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I haven't played MGS V, Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Mario Maker, or Bloodborne.

I still need to upgrade my graphics card for Witcher 3 and Fallout 4. Rocking that 6970 after all these years. I'm also only like 2 hours into the Witcher 2.

I didn't like Dark Souls 2 hence no Bloodborne; and I don't have friends that game to torment for Mario Maker.

MGS V is just a glaring omission...going to pick it up Black Friday.

Hindl

Dark souls 2 is ok but it didn't really capture why those games are good. And I quit dark souls but after playing bloodborne I went back to it. But those games aren't for everyone.

Mario maker on the other hand is fantastic even if you know no one. Fire it up and just play some random person's level

squicken

Reading/listening to lots of things on midseason awards. Mostly Brady or Cam as MVP. Do either of those teams go winless w/o those guys? I'd guess they go at least .500. You can see with Pittsburgh how a team can manufacture some wins with shaky QBs

Tony Romo is the MVP. He was holding that circus under control, making his idiot owner and coach look like they knew what they were doing

Hindl

Reading/listening to lots of things on midseason awards. Mostly Brady or Cam as MVP. Do either of those teams go winless w/o those guys? I'd guess they go at least .500. You can see with Pittsburgh how a team can manufacture some wins with shaky QBs

Tony Romo is the MVP. He was holding that circus under control, making his idiot owner and coach look like they knew what they were doing

Maybe if the cowboys win out. But with their schedule remaining I see them dropping another 3-4. It's not like in the 2 games he played they were dominant

squicken

Maybe if the cowboys win out. But with their schedule remaining I see them dropping another 3-4. It's not like in the 2 games he played they were dominant

No Dez in those games and he did bring them back from a 10 point deficit in the first game. Everyone remembers Eli's clock screwup, but Romo had to drive the field to make him pay for it

Sanjuro

I heard someone tell me the new Kings Quest was trash. Kind of fell though the cracks, but it was one of the games I was looking forward to the most.

eznark

Banned
I heard someone tell me the new Kings Quest was trash. Kind of fell though the cracks, but it was one of the games I was looking forward to the most.

Was it someone who thinks the Telltale games are good games? Because if so that person is an idiot and probably born in the 00's.

Sanjuro

Was it someone who thinks the Telltale games are good games? Because if so that person is an idiot and probably born in the 00's.

Actually come to think of it, yes. I didn't mind the first version of Walking Dead. I then looked at their entire library and decided they were the pushing nostalgia and quantity over everything else.

eznark

Banned
Actually come to think of it, yes. I didn't mind the first version of Walking Dead. I then looked at their entire library and decided they were the pushing nostalgia and quantity over everything else.

Kings Quest is an actual game, with puzzles and movement and choice and divergent paths. It's not an interactive novel. It also requires a brain.

Striker

No Dez in those games and he did bring them back from a 10 point deficit in the first game. Everyone remembers Eli's clock screwup, but Romo had to drive the field to make him pay for it
Against zero pass-rush and most yardage going to Witten and the running backs. They could've done that drive without Dez.

BigAT

Calvin Johnson and Stafford take up a combined $46M in cap space for Detroit next year. That's almost a third of their cap space on two players.

Farooq

Banned
To give squicken a break. Joe Thomas breaks down 6 plays for MMQB.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/11/11/joe-thomas-cleveland-browns-nfl-offensive-line-play-film-study

There are essentially three ways for an offensive tackle to pass-block: a quick set, where he immediately steps into the pass rusher; an angle set, where he widens out to a 45-degree drop; and a vertical set, where he drops almost straight back. As far as how a blocker chooses which set to use…

“It all depends on the protection, the quarterback’s drop,” Thomas says. “You’re really probably not going to quick set ’em unless it’s a quick throw, which is generally a three-step drop. If you’re going to take an ‘angle set’, usually you need to have a guard or the guard and the center sliding with you. (Otherwise) you expose yourself to twists and stunts.”

On the play we’re watching, Thomas goes with a vertical set against outside linebacker Arthur Moats, dropping nearly straight back.

“In this protection, when you get that double-A gap look, there’s a high probability for stunts and twists and things like that. So a lot of times here, you’re going to set vertically instead of on an angle or a quick set.”

A1_2.jpg

A2_2.jpg

More at the link.

squicken

To give squicken a break. Joe Thomas breaks down 6 plays for MMQB.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/11/11/joe-thomas-cleveland-browns-nfl-offensive-line-play-film-study

[url]http://cdn-jpg.si.com/sites/default/files/images/A1_2.jpg[/url][/ig]

[img] [url]http://cdn-jpg.si.com/sites/default/files/images/A2_2.jpg[/url][/ig]

More at the link.[/QUOTE]

I thought that was really good. Two interesting things were Shanahan's protections with the backs, and the linemen using cut blocks as sort of a option of last resort. It makes sense, but at the same, the guy going past an offensive linemen would seem to be the most susceptible to injury. Tough world. There's really no way to not cut block and run the ball or throw quick passes

Hindl

Weird stunt but whatever. But holy shit that thread on gaming side about it went to shit in like 10 seconds. People in there talking about how this is disparaging to the homeless and everyone is just a corporate shill. When PC people wonder why everyone is turning against them, it's because they turned a fun stupid marketing stunt into an indictment of capitalism and western society. Fucking shit

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Calvin Johnson and Stafford take up a combined $46M in cap space for Detroit next year. That's almost a third of their cap space on two players.

A 27 year old franchise QB and a first ballot HOF command about $20 Million a season? Shocking.

Dragon

Banned
Weird stunt but whatever. But holy shit that thread on gaming side about it went to shit in like 10 seconds. People in there talking about how this is disparaging to the homeless and everyone is just a corporate shill. When PC people wonder why everyone is turning against them, it's because they turned a fun stupid marketing stunt into an indictment of capitalism and western society. Fucking shit

I would say it's more the corporate shill stuff that's indicative of where these people are coming from. They don't like Microsoft, they shit on them and make up reasons why this thing is anything more than it is, just PR. If people are going to volunteer themselves to do this, it's just like Fear Factor or any other silly TV show.

A 27 year old franchise QB and a first ballot HOF command about $20 Million a season? Shocking.

Calvin isn't the same player he was, if you're smart, you pay people for what they give you, not what they have given you. As far as Stafford, talking to you about him is like talking to yankee about Bradford. No point!

Top Bottom