• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 10 |OT| - A Fraud is Not Clearly Better Than Blaine Gabbert

Dragon

Banned
Yes because this thread is littered with serious football discussion.

1/3 of this thread is animu
1/3 of this thread are perverts
1/3 of this thread are SNES alts

Some of us just want to watch things burn.

east_10-6fd1875f.gif

Gigglepoo

I think that the Jags would have still went with Bortles.

Good call. I wasn't looking at team needs. That makes it more complicated, doesn't it? In a vacuum, Carr would go first, but not to the Texans. Would they have taken Bortles? And the Jags would have grabbed Carr at 3?

eznark

Banned
Good call. I wasn't looking at team needs. That makes it more complicated, doesn't it? In a vacuum, Carr would go first, but not to the Texans. Would they have taken Bortles? And the Jags would have grabbed Carr at 3?

Yes he would. What are you talking about? You think the Texans would pass on Carr (or Bortles) given the opportunity today?

Godslay

Banned

I think if Houston had to do it all over, Carr or Bortles would have been snatched up. Most likely Bortles given the history with the older Carr, but it almost would have certainly been Bortles/Carr as 1/2.

The other guys are pretty damn good, but we all know what's important.

MechDX

I think if Houston had to do it all over, Carr or Bortles would have been snatched up. Most likely Bortles given the history with the older Carr, but it almost would have certainly been Bortles/Carr as 1/2.

Bortles. There was a video from the draft that year on NFL.com that showed the Texans having two cards ready to turn in. One was Clowney the other was Bortles.

Gigglepoo

The Rams were still stuck with Bradfrod in 2014. They would have drafted ODB to save his career. And failed.

1) Bortles to Houston (because of the Texans history with Carr)
2) ODB to St. Louis
3) Carr to Jax
4) Mack to Buff
5) Donald to Oak

Maybe? I'm happier with how things really turned out.

eznark

Banned
The Rams were still stuck with Bradfrod in 2014. They would have drafted ODB to save his career. And failed.

1) Bortles to Houston (because of the Texans history with Carr)
2) ODB to St. Louis
3) Carr to Jax
4) Mack to Buff
5) Donald to Oak

Maybe? I'm happier with how things really turned out.

Carr is very clearly the better QB today. You really think the Texans would take Bortles over Carr if you gave them the choice right now because his brother failed 10 years ago?

Farooq

Banned
So you swear by combine numbers?

I still think tape trumps all, but it really seems like KEI is more prevalent than ever. Steelers bookends are a perfect example. Bud Dupree vs. Jarvis Jones - former is raw as hell but had amazing numbers, latter had amazing tape at Georgia but poor numbers (didn't work out at the combine). Dupree leads the team in sacks his rookie year and Jarvis, while sporting great technique, can't beat his man in time.

There are always exceptions, but I think superior athletes win out. At the very least combine numbers can minimize the risks involved with drafting pass rushers.

I don't know about Dupree's 3 cone or short shuttle but I do know he jumped through the building.

MRSA

Banned
Hey you fuckin degenerates, don't fuck around with the 2014 draft, clearly the Raiders were the winners of that draft class.

Gigglepoo

Carr is very clearly the better QB today. You really think the Texans would take Bortles over Carr if you gave them the choice right now because his brother failed 10 years ago?

Well, they would have drafted him in 2014 still. That's why I still think they'd go with Bortles. Management wasn't strong enough to convince the fanbase that this Carr is different. There's a reason that franchise has been irrelevant almost every season since their inception.

Bridgewater is going to Oakland in revisionist draft.

Poor bastards

MRSA is right, we shouldn't mess with that draft!

Godslay

Banned
Well, they would have drafted him in 2014 without any knowledge that he would turn out to be this good. That's why I still think they'd go with Bortles. Management wasn't strong enough to convince the fanbase that this Carr is different. There's a reason that franchise has been made almost every season since their inception.

I agree with you, but I also agree with Ez.

Texans shackled themselves to some degree by letting the past taint the future.

If Carr was the QB today, all the toxicity around the past would have been swept away with each game Carr played like he has. Problem is, I think a lot of Houston fans are on this QB carousel and have no patience. From what I saw of Raiders fans, they have knocked Carr when necessary, but the flashes from him made them patient and shut them up. I don't think they have that in Houston (or maybe it's just Mech). Maybe that would have been different with Bortles, but it wouldn't surprise me if we saw calls for some lower round bum to replace Bortles the second he fucked up.

If Carr was the QB today, all the toxicity around the past would have been swept away with each game Carr played like he has. Problem is, I think a lot of Houston fans are on this QB carousel and have no patience. From what I saw of Raiders fans, they have knocked Carr when necessary, but the flashes from him made them patient and shut them up. I don't think they have that in Houston (or maybe it's just Mech). Maybe that would have been different with Bortles, but it wouldn't surprise me if we saw calls for some lower round bum to replace Bortles the second he fucked up.

Bob flipped on the QB that he picked to be the starter one game into the season. It isnt the fans, it is the HC who is the problem when it comes to the QBs in Houston.

MechDX

There is no patience here and rightfully so. The Peyton wanting to go to Houston thing combined with Schaubs epic meltdown just broke the majority of the fan base.

You had a future HoF QB who had a few good years left wanting to come here to stick it to his former team twice a year combined with the guy you kept, Schaub, completely melting down in 2013 and Kubiak just kept rolling him out there. It was basically a giant "fuck you" to the fanbase

Bob flipped on the QB that he picked to be the starter one game into the season. It isnt the fans, it is the HC who is the problem when it comes to the QBs in Houston.

Hold up on that thought process. There are murmurs that Mallett being put in at starter after game one was not on O'Brien. That decision was made higher up.

There is no patience here and rightfully so. The Peyton wanting to go to Houston thing combined with Schaubs epic meltdown just broke the majority of the fan base.

You had a future HoF QB who had a few good years left wanting to come here to stick it to his former team twice a year combined with the guy you kept, Schaub, completely melting down in 2013 and Kubiak just kept rolling him out there. It was basically a giant "fuck you" to the fanbase

Hold up on that thought process. There are murmurs that Mallett being put in at starter after game one was not on O'Brien. That decision was made higher up.

The GM told him to play Mallet and he went along with it? I cant believe that Bob would would sign a contract where he didnt have final say of on field personal.

Godslay

Banned

I understand the team has the final call, but pressure from the fanbase is a weird thing in that some teams bow to it.

The GM told him to play Mallet and he went along with it? I cant believe that Bob would would sign a contract where he didnt have final say of on field personal.

BOB and Smith have split duties with McNair having the tiebreaker.

The one thing I've always questioned, and I guess we'll never know is if BOB is McDaniels 2.0 in that he thinks he can take these Patriots cast offs and turn them into something at the QB position. It's easy to think that when Brady is leading the offense, like you are doing something special, but when you have just a guy there reality starts to set in.

eznark

Banned
I think you changed the rules of your game gigglepoo. Who the Texans would draft now is the best QB available. Doesn't matter what was going on then.

Spinluck

Dega after reading this:

tumblr_mwahx3I2Gs1qewacoo3_400.gif

So where is he trying to go?

Doyle is just trolling for clicks. I think it's just Luck being wreckless, I don't think I've heard of a player trying to injure themselves to leave a franchise. We aren't THAT bad. I can understand if it was a Browns QB.

Spinluck

Considering all three teams (DEN, HOU, IND) haven't won dick? Fine.

Question is out of all three, who gives him the best shot at finishing on top when you consider the roster, coaching staff, and GM/Executives?

I mean wanting to stick it to his former team, just shooting a joke at Mech. Denver has been more successful than us overall since Peyton got there.

I don't think revenge was a huge incentive for him, might've been, idk. I actually don't like the fact that Irsay loves coming out and talking shit every time we play Peyton, just no respect for a guy who was the franchise for years. His failures are also your failures, I'm disappointed that we didn't win more, but I'm a fan; and I can't make front office decisions. Him and Polian gave us Jim Caldwell after Dungy left, downgrading from Dungy is quite a feat

Top Bottom