• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 10 |OT| - A Fraud is Not Clearly Better Than Blaine Gabbert

bionic77

Will you cheer for them when the Steelers are eliminated?

Also Joseph Randle suspended for 4 games.
I would only cheer for the Bungles if they were playing the Pats or Ravens.

Otherwise fuck them. Especially this year after they took our my boy Bell.

Speaking of shit that can bring you to tears, check out this nostalgia quote from Wade and Bosh on Kobe.

Ask Wade and Heat forward Chris Bosh for their defining Bryant moments, and they simultaneously drift to the summer of 2008. It was 10 days after the Lakers lost to Boston in the Finals, and Team USA had convened for its first mini-camp meeting in preparation for the Beijing Olympics. Spoiler alert: It's quintessential Kobe.

"We're in Las Vegas and we all come down for team breakfast at the start of the whole training camp," Bosh said. "And Kobe comes in with ice on his knees and with his trainers and stuff. He's got sweat drenched through his workout gear. And I'm like, 'It's 8 o'clock in the morning, man. Where in the hell is he coming from?'"

Wade chimes in along memory lane.

"Everybody else just woke up. We're still stretching and yawning and looking at [Kobe] like, 'What the f---?'" Wade said as he squinted into a frown and then burst into laughter. "We're all yawning, and he's already three hours and a full workout into his day."

Bosh interrupts.

"You never forget stuff like that," Bosh said. "I felt so bad. I'm like, ‘What is he trying to prove?' But he was just doing his normal routine. We're all supposed to be big-time NBA players, Olympians and stuff. And then there's Kobe, taking it to another level from Day 1. And I had been off for like three months."

Bryant's approach spoke volumes that morning, although he never uttered a word to Wade, Bosh, LeBron, Carmelo or anyone else.

To Kobe, it was no big deal. After all, who doesn't get in a grueling workout before sunrise on the opening day of summer camp?

"We're all sitting there thinking, 'Man, I've got to reevaluate what I'm doing as a player,'" Wade said. "That set the tone for pretty much everybody. But that's always been Kobe."

And to his fiercest peers, that always will be Kobe.

Narag

Hasselbald revenge tour will just continue. We'll welcome cdy and westernheretic as honorary fans since the Seahawks season is already over.

Raiders OLB Ray-Ray Armstrong is under investigation for taunting a police dog at Heinz Field last Sunday.
Jesus fucking Christ of course we have a big game from Carr and still lose, and then more stupid stuff has to happen.

xnipx

Why do none of the stories about Mizzou ever say what the racial incidents were that the university didn't respond to? Were they like so heinous they can't be mentioned or so mundane as to be unworthy of mention?

One of them involved a fecal swastika.

MechDX

CTehp-SWwAA5sT7.png

Pats haters , here is your saviour to stop the Patriots from another Super Bowl.

JNC!

Eleuin

Overall there does seem to be a trend to winning the battle in the middle and horizontally being a key to success.

Packers replaced Nate Palmer with Jake Ryan in the 2nd half and the defense played so much better overall (too bad it isn't a permanent change)

Spinluck

Dubious honor since every team in the Afcs is shit.

Colts are the white speck on top of chicken shit.

Don't worry you guys will dominate the division once we lose Luck and Hasslebald.

Since Luck will be peeing blood for the next couple of months, I'd say it will happen sooner rather than later.

Godslay

Banned
As much as I like your team, those fucks came to kill Luck. I know it is our fault for the shit line, but there was a late hit on a concerning amount of plays.

Apparently Luck has been known to play with injuries that most QBs sit on. Had to backfire at some point, those injuries pile up.

Why didn't they flag it? Those refs weren't holstering the flag for anything, aside from the VD PI.

Spinluck

Why didn't they flag it? Those refs weren't holstering the flag for anything, aside from the VD PI.

Idk.

He also got hit in the head multiple times and can confirm on rewatch. League is just shit at officiating. Has been a joke for a while now.

MechDX

Don't worry you guys will dominate the division once we lose Luck and Hasslebald.

Since Luck will be peeing blood for the next couple of months, I'd say it will happen sooner rather than later.

Texans will be lucky to win 2 more games this year.

Of course someohow McNair will spin that into something good. "They tried really hard!"

Godslay

Banned
Idk.

He also got hit in the head multiple times and can confirm on rewatch. League is just shit at officiating. Has been a joke for a while now.

Maybe so.

I just know that for most QBs, they'll throw the flag if it's even close. Maybe luck falls in the Big Ben tier?

Spinluck

Maybe so.

I just know that for most QBs, they'll throw the flag if it's even close. Maybe luck falls in the Big Ben tier?

I guess, not blaming the Broncos, ultimately it was Luck's decision to come out there and play with whatever ailments he had. Just think the league let's him get FUCKED up a lot. Kind of funny with all the golden boy bullshit you see on here.

bionic77

Maybe so.

You are mistaken because you watch a lot of Peyton. The rules are clearly different for Peyton and Tammy.

The rules are worst for any qb who is remotely athletic. They will not get any call for roughing unless it is helmut to helmut. Ben gets his legs taken out in the pocket all the time and they never call it. He also gets crushed by defenders and they don't call it. Luck is even more athletic so he probably gets even less protection.

Gigglepoo

Giving an ETA for a lacerated kidney is kind of insane. Why even put pressure on Luck to return? It's a lacerated kidney! Same thing with head injuries. League caring about player safety is such bullshit.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Texans will be lucky to win 2 more games this year.

SWEET! still get my jack daniels!

Also holy shit at the Luck news. I don't remember anyone ever having a lacerated kidney, now two players in two weeks are out with them?

Spinluck

Luck is out for the rest of the year. No question about it to me with that ab tear too.

Colts too afraid to come out and say it. Especially since O-line has been an issue for 4yrsv and they've done little too nothing to fix it.

Gigglepoo

SWEET! still get my jack daniels!

Also holy shit at the Luck news. I don't remember anyone ever having a lacerated kidney, now two players in two weeks are out with them?

Closest I can remember is when Chris Simms had a lacerated spleen. Though I'm sure there are doctors shaking their heads that I equated a lacerated kidney with a lacerated spleen. Whatever. An organ is an organ.

squicken

Luck is out for the rest of the year. No question about it to me with that ab tear too.

Colts too afraid to come out and say it. Especially since O-line has been an issue for 4yrsv and they've done little too nothing to fix it.

That'd be some shit if they won't IR him to play PR games. Losing Anderson was already a huge blow. I swear if ever one of those crappy other AFCS team can't win the division this year then they should just quit

eznark

Banned
Closest I can remember is why Chris Simms had a lacerated spleen. Though I'm sure there are doctors shaking their heads that I equated a lacerated kidney with a lacerated spleen. Whatever. An organ is an organ.

Darrell Bevell won a Rose Bowl with a lacerated kidney

Wait a minute... beat the shit outta your girlfriend and get off free and play football again, but exposing your gut, pounding your chest and barking at a police dog is a fucking felony?

fuck this shit.

Gigglepoo

That'd be some shit if they won't IR him to play PR games. Losing Anderson was already a huge blow. I swear if ever one of those crappy other AFCS team can't win the division this year then they should just quit

I'm not even sure how good the AFC South rejects would be if they merged rosters. Such a horrendous division. Three teams that barely try to compete and one that lucked into two franchise QBs but has no skill in developing a team around him. Ugh.

But they signed Herrimans. Man it was crazy at the start of the year hearing people say how dumb Chip was to let him go. He was so finished last year. I cant believe no more Luck this year, this really is the worst season ever.

Spinluck

I'm not even sure how good the AFC South rejects would be if they merged rosters. Such a horrendous division. Three teams that barely try to compete and one that lucked into two franchise QBs but has no skill in developing a team around him. Ugh.

Sad but pretty much sums it up

Spinluck

But they signed Herrimans. Man it was crazy at the start of the year hearing people say how dumb Chip was to let him go. He was so finished last year. I cant believe no more Luck this year, this really is the worst season ever.

He made some moves and I backed that signing in the off season. I would've much preferred he drafted a couple linemen.

Godslay

Banned
I guess, not blaming the Broncos, ultimately it was Luck's decision to come out there and play with whatever ailments he had. Just think the league let's him get FUCKED up a lot. Kind of funny with all the golden boy bullshit you see on here.

It was a noble effort. lesser QBs probably would have shit themselves and left the game.

You are mistaken because you watch a lot of Peyton. The rules are clearly different for Peyton and Tammy.

The rules are worst for any qb who is remotely athletic. They will not get any call for roughing unless it is helmut to helmut. Ben gets his legs taken out in the pocket all the time and they never call it. He also gets crushed by defenders and they don't call it. Luck is even more athletic so he probably gets even less protection.

Whatever the case may be, I just think they need to call it consistently.

squicken

He made some moves and I backed that signing in the off season. I would've much preferred he drafted a couple linemen.

I still remember everyone ripping him for Eric Walden. That was a great signing. Totally shored up the run defense along with Anderson. Werner was a bad pick but he's mostly done okay with defense. I read something that he is from the Eagles front office, that during the Reid era believed in not draft OL high since they had such success developing guys. So Grigson views the OL failures as coaching issues since it was their job to coach up guys, not his job to draft them high. He drafts guys that score the ball and stop the ball

e:
Drop % from Gil Brandt

1. Ginn Jr. 25%
2. Mike Evans 17.9%
3. N.Washington 16.1%
4. A.Cooper 13.5%
5. J.Edelman 12.3%
6. R.Matthews 9.8%

lowest

1. T.Benjamin 0%
2. K.Allen 1.5%
3. L.Fitzgerald 1.8%
4. S.Smith Sr. 2.1%
5. B.Cooks 2.2%

bionic77

Whatever the case may be, I just think they need to call it consistently.
I would be fine with that but if Peyton and Brady had to endure the hits guys like Ben, AFraud, and Luck did they would not make it to October. Especially Peyton.

I think it is unfair that Peyton and Brady know they won't get killed the way other qb's will but it doesn't appear that most fans or the NFL agrees with me or cares enough to do anything about it.

Godslay

Banned
I would be fine with that but if Peyton and Brady had to endure the hits guys like Ben, AFraud, and Luck did they would not make it to October. Especially Peyton.

I think it is unfair that Peyton and Brady know they won't get killed the way other qb's will but it doesn't appear that most fans or the NFL agrees with me or cares enough to do anything about it.

Peyton fetals up at the first sign of a sack. That and the quick release prevent most sacks. He wouldn't survive those hits over the duration of a season, that's why you don't really see him outside the pocket. He's taken some low hits that they haven't called as well.

It's just inconsistent from crew to crew.

Can't speak for Brady.

bionic77

Peyton fetals up at the first sign of a sack. That and the quick release prevent most sacks. He wouldn't survive those hits over the duration of a season, that's why you don't really see him outside the pocket. He's taken some low hits that they haven't called as well.

It's just inconsistent from crew to crew.

Can't speak for Brady.
Brady and the entire of New England throw a huge shit fit over any hard or low hit to Tammy.

Brady also goes down immediately usually, but I also notice the defenders seem to tackle him with kids gloves. Maybe there is an understanding that if you get a grip on him he will lie down like the bitch we all know him to be.

Ben fights like one of his victims and is very hard to bring down so I can sort of understand the refs letting defenders do whatever is necessary to bring him down.

BigAT

Was Mike Evans' drop percentage equally awful last year? I was shocked to see him so inconsistent on Sunday.

Top Bottom