• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 10 |OT| - A Fraud is Not Clearly Better Than Blaine Gabbert

Hindl

That's not what I'm saying at all, and I'm actually baffled at how you and Konka both arrived at that conclusion. Although you both root for Sam Bradford, so that might explain a bit of it.

I'm just not interested in paying $50 for a game I can finish in a weekend, and I'd prefer it if that didn't become the norm.

You burning out on average-length RPGs sounds like a you problem.

You literally said

Honestly, you shouldn't even be making a video game that only lasts 20 hours, especially if you're selling it at full price.

If you shouldn't make a game that only lasts 20 hours, then games under 20 hours wouldn't exist. It's not this massive logic leap. It's your own words

cdyhybrid

You literally said

If you shouldn't make a game that only lasts 20 hours, then games under 20 hours wouldn't exist. It's not this massive logic leap. It's your own words

My own words that you didn't even bother to read.

Honestly, you shouldn't even be making a video game that only lasts 20 hours, especially if you're selling it at full price.

especially if you're selling it at full price.

Konka

Banned
That's not what I'm saying at all, and I'm actually baffled at how you and Konka both arrived at that conclusion. Although you both root for Sam Bradford, so that might explain a bit of it.

I'm just not interested in paying $50 for a game I can finish in a weekend, and I'd prefer it if that didn't become the norm.

You burning out on average-length RPGs sounds like a you problem.

I think my parents paid like $80 for Super Mario Bros 3. What's the game time on that one? I can still play it over and over and over and enjoy it.

cdyhybrid

I think my parents paid like $80 for Super Mario Bros 3. What's the game time on that one? I can still play it over and over and over and enjoy it.

Replay value is still value. That's a fine investment. Shorter games inherently means less replay value though - less chances for the game experience to vary. SMB3 also doesn't have 10 minute long animu cutscenes every hour like modern RPGs.

MechDX

Forgot to tell everyone:

Getting some property in Maine from my father in law and building a cabin to live in, off the grid. Going to build a small shack nearby for Milj to live in so my kids can have a crazy German uncle.

We're going to drive to Boston and meet up with Bread and Sanjuro bat their respective bars see what happens.

?

Forgot to tell everyone:

Getting some property in Maine from my father in law and building a cabin to live in, off the grid. Going to build a small shack nearby for Milj to live in so my kids can have a crazy German uncle.

We're going to drive to Boston and meet up with Bread and Sanjuro bat their respective bars see what happens.

Make sure you bring some popcorn and brown face paint

cdyhybrid

Forgot to tell everyone:

Make sure you bring popcorn.

Hindl

My own words that you didn't even bother to read.

That doesn't change anything. Adding that on means that you believe if a game has under 20 hours of content, it isn't worth $50 right? Well a large majority of those under 20 hour games are developed with that price point in mind. So to be perfectly clear, if you claim that a game under 20 hours shouldn't be made if its sold at full price, that would result in a massive amount of games never being made, or in a best case scenario, their scope and technology would be massively reduced

cdyhybrid

That doesn't change anything. Adding that on means that you believe if a game has under 20 hours of content, it isn't worth $50 right? Well a large majority of those under 20 hour games are developed with that price point in mind.

I'm aware, and I find it shitty. Why don't you?

So to be perfectly clear, if you claim that a game under 20 hours shouldn't be made if its sold at full price, that would result in a massive amount of games never being made, or in a best case scenario, their scope and technology would be massively reduced

Sounds fine to me.

The only people who would miss bullshit like The Order are console warriors on sites like this one.

Mindlog

Have you ever got in trouble for a GAF thread?jnc
I got in trouble for not remembering my firsts tha happened in a movie theater in favor of my favorite experiences in a movie theater. Ridiculous.

Go Bucs!

Hindl

I'm aware, and I find it shitty. Why don't you?
Sounds fine to me.

The only people who would miss bullshit like The Order are console warriors on sites like this one.

Because I'm not talking about The Order. If those guidelines were in place (under 20 hours can't be $50) that would result in these series either not existing or being drastically reduced:

Mario
Zelda
Half Life
MGS
Doom
Wolfenstein
Metroid
Sonic
Bioshock
Bayonetta
etc I could go on but I don't want to fill the page

I'm right there with you about The Order, I hate super cinematic games that only focus on graphics and some stupid bullshit. But I'm just saying that that restriction eliminates a lot more games than just The Order type stuff

Sanjuro

The worst part of a bar rescue bar, are crack whores criticising a shit drink.

Some fisherman going back on duty this evening bought the bar 4 rounds. Impressive!

cdyhybrid

Because I'm not talking about The Order. If those guidelines were in place (under 20 hours can't be $50) that would result in these series either not existing or being drastically reduced:

Mario
Zelda
Half Life
MGS
Doom
Wolfenstein
Metroid
Sonic
Bioshock
Bayonetta
etc I could go on but I don't want to fill the page

I'm right there with you about The Order, I hate super cinematic games that only focus on graphics and some stupid bullshit. But I'm just saying that that restriction eliminates a lot more games than just The Order type stuff

Those games all have replay value, though. I'm not saying the story mode has to be longer than 20 hours every single playthrough - I'm saying if you exhaust all the entertainment value of the game in a weekend, you're getting ripped off. And shorter games inherently damage the replay value of the game, especially in RPGs. If you do a completionist runthrough of an RPG, you're done - you want that run to contain as much content as possible.

Besides, that was a different era. It's easy to look back now and say Super Mario Bros. wouldn't be worth $50 today, but that's because standards have risen (as they should).

Narag

"Stop yourself right there. Just stop. ... No comment," Harbaugh said when asked about a possible vacancy with the Indianapolis Colts, according to MLive Media Group's Nick Baumgardner.

Jim Harbaugh has made it clear that it's never a good time to ask him about whether he might be interested in another coaching job, and that especially includes a postgame news conference immediately after a double-overtime win over Indiana.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...just-stop-no-comment?campaign=Twitter_nfl_cfb

2UJ5KQB.gif

Fuck that, that's the kind of attitude that leads to games being artificially inflated with utter bullshit that is nothing but dull busywork in the name of providing "value".

Hey I would to just remind you guys that.

FUCK YOU

#GoHawks

Oh and you can go back to whatever the fuck it is you're talking about. Yo CDY you know Beast mode was up on Cap Hill last night? Lol

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Forgot to tell everyone:

Why ain't I their uncle instead?

edit: oh its cause I'm mexican

Hindl

Those games all have replay value, though. I'm not saying the story mode has to be longer than 20 hours every single playthrough - I'm saying if you exhaust all the entertainment value of the game in a weekend, you're getting ripped off. And shorter games inherently damage the replay value of the game, especially in RPGs. If you do a completionist runthrough of an RPG, you're done - you want that run to contain as much content as possible.

Besides, that was a different era. It's easy to look back now and say Super Mario Bros. wouldn't be worth $50 today, but that's because standards have risen (as they should).

Well alright I was thinking you weren't including replay, since any game can technically have replay value and that's a hard thing to judge. But still I've played games that were under 20 hours once and got my fill of them. They were still really enjoyable. I'm probably never going to play through Bioshock again, but I still love that game. And as for the different era, they are still putting out Mario games at full price, and they are still as good as ever. And Rise of the Tomb Raider, which just came out, looks really interesting to me. It looks fantastic, and even once I play it through once I probably won't return to it, it's still worth that full price to me

Top Bottom