• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 10 |OT| - A Fraud is Not Clearly Better Than Blaine Gabbert

Greg

Why doesn't the robot call me by name, Tedward. This is bullshit.
image.php

squicken

CTexd2CWEAAiiiY.jpg

Clutch Encounters: Week 9

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/clutch-encounters/2015/clutch-encounters-week-9

Naturally, the blame can be shared amongst coach Mike McCarthy, the defense, and kicker Mason Crosby. However, the other odd part is when you consider the Packers went 2-4-1 in this situation with other quarterbacks since 2008. In a four-game stretch of 2013 alone, behind Matt Flynn the Packers had a 16-point 4QC tie against Minnesota, an 11-point second-half comeback against Atlanta, and a 23-point second-half comeback in Dallas. But they're 0-25 with Rodgers when down two scores in the second half.

Even if Rodgers was 3-22, that still would stand out among his highest peers. Andrew Luck is already 8-20 (.286) when trailing by multiple scores in the second half. Peyton Manning is 21-60 (.259) and Tom Brady is 19-37 (.339). It's not as if Rodgers cannot play well in such situations, but you can find a bunch of situations where Rodgers has the best efficiency stats, Brady's team wins the highest rate of games, and the Indianapolis-drafted quarterbacks overcame the longest odds. Ultimately, people are going to remember the triumphs best and not worry what your interception rate is. Why do you think Brett Favre is remembered more for 45 game-winning drives instead of 54 turnovers in 72 failed opportunities? Whether Rodgers is too "scared" to throw interceptions from behind or whatever it may be, "almost comeback" endings like Sunday's have been there for Rodgers his whole career.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Giving an ETA for a lacerated kidney is kind of insane. Why even put pressure on Luck to return? It's a lacerated kidney! Same thing with head injuries. League caring about player safety is such bullshit.

Don't they have to give an estimate for return?

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I assume so. That's why I said the league doesn't really care about player safety. It's dangerous to even put expectations on players who have suffered injuries so severe.

Sorry, I assumed you were criticizing the team. Yeah the injury report rules are odd, and seemingly made for betting. But perhaps there are better explanations for them.

squicken

So you're telling me HoFlynn > Fraudgers.

I really think that peak Rodgers is as good as any QB has ever been, at least that I have seen. But this comeback things is not just some random stat. Scott goes into detail that it isn't the defense continuing to give up scores. With Rodgers, the offense just doesn't come back and win when down 2 scores

e: "Peak" I just mean when he is at his best. His best is better than any other QB's best. Is he in decline? No idea. I don't think so. But it seems strange to see game writeups where he has not seen open WRs

I really think that peak Rodgers is as good as any QB has ever been, at least that I have seen. But this comeback things is not just some random stat. Scott goes into detail that it isn't the defense continuing to give up scores. With Rodgers, the offense just doesn't come back and win when down 2 scores

Is "peak rodgers" like "peak oil"? Is it all down from here?

How is it? I just saw the GB Quick Look but it looked pretty sweet. I'm thinking about grabbing it when it comes to PC next year

Still quite early on but it feels like the previous game, so if you liked that then you'll enjoy this I guess. Was looking around the settings and there is an option which allows Twitch viewers to interact with the game or something, no idea wtf that does.

Dragon

Banned
Still quite early on but it feels like the previous game, so if you liked that then you'll enjoy this I guess. Was looking around the settings and there is an option which allows Twitch viewers to interact with the game or something, no idea wtf that does.

The Definitive Edition of the previous game allowed twitch viewers to revive a player if they died, etc.

Godslay

Banned
Talib lost his appeal.

Bunch of shit.

You can have guys like Suh directly stomp on Rodgers and win appeal.

A guy like Gosder Cherilus, unload two uppercuts on JJ Watt and only get a $5K fine.

Not to mention shit like Pacman, Wilfork, Jernigan and the like all taking cheap shots, all getting fines.

And don't even get me started with the integrity of the game like how Brady got off.

No suspensions for any of those guys, yet Talib gets it.

FUCK YOU RODGER, YOU CLOWN ASS BITCH!

Whichever coach doesn't win the AFCS this year should be automatically fired

If Pagano wins it isn't there a good chance he's fired anyway? Barring a complete turnaround where the Colts win out the rest of the season and wins playoff games, or something of that nature.

Tom Penny

Bunch of shit.

A guy like Gosder Cherilus, unload two uppercuts on JJ Watt and only get a $5K fine.

Not to mention shit like Pacman, Wilfork, Jernigan and the like all taking cheap shots, all getting fines.

And don't even get me started with the integrity of the game like how Brady got off.

Agreed. Incidental contact

poke.0.gif

Gigglepoo

I agree if we're talking team wide talent.

The 04-05 Colts teams were insane offensively.

Very true, and even the last couple Broncos teams were better offensively than this one. But defense does win championship. He's surrounded by solid talent on offense and extraordinary talent on defense. Not too shabby. If he had this team a decade ago, they would roll to the Super Bowl. Not even cold air would stop them.

Generate

Banned
Bunch of shit.

Dude, normally I can understand emotions getting in the way BUT HE GOUGED THE DUDES EYE

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
They are stacked at a lot of positions. Bengals and Panthers especially.

Hawks have great LBs. If we could've just found a great TE we'd be undefeated too 😢

I think this is probably a good counter argument to squicken's observations. Or it might be that Jimmy Graham just isn't that great outside of New Orleans playing with a HOF quarterback. On the other hand, Seattle is still a top 5 defense in points allowed.

Either way, I still think it's an overall evolution to how the game is played.

Unfortunately, the Cheats have the best TE in the league. Fuck those guys.

Bowman and Willis were also amazing. Bowman seems to be back but I haven't seen enough of SF to really say. There's definitely merit to the idea that the DL is the key; they keep those guys clean. But I watched a ton of James Lauranitis in STL. He's smart and he has a great DL in front of him. But he's just a tick slower in reacting than the top guys, and he isn't as quick or fast as they are. Blockers get to him and he isn't big enough to shed them. Kuechly is gone before the guards and centers can get to him

I think the ILB position is undervalued overall. It's usually your defensive captain back there making pre-snap adjustments so it's important to have a solid player in that role. Clay Matthews has been doing really well in that position and it may even extend his career a bit hopefully.

Packers replaced Nate Palmer with Jake Ryan in the 2nd half and the defense played so much better overall (too bad it isn't a permanent change)

I must be a really bad fan this season because I had to look both of these guys up to remind me who they are. I'm not sure if that says more about me or more about the defense we've cobbled together.

Line_HTX

Colts O-Line aren't good.

Sure... on any given Thursday... What a fucking joke.

2-6 weeks, huh... Time to get revenge on Hasselshit and sandwich him like a rag doll.

MechDX

Colts O-Line aren't good.

Sure... on any given Thursday... What a fucking joke.

2-6 weeks, huh... Time to get revenge on Hasselshit and sandwich him like a rag doll.

He was on his deathbed, @ Houston with so much dysfunction going on and the Texans still lost. Why will it be different the second time?

And @Indy of all places where the Texans are the Colts life long bitch?

Optimism is one thing but I have seen nothing from this Texans "team" to give anyone one iota of hope.

Line_HTX

Yeah, I know... I'm just so frustrated that I want to have them start hitting them so hard it hurts. Fucking hate those road games so much.

Fucking body slam that old motherfucker please.

I don't even care about hope. I just want this stat to go the fuck away and beat the fuck out of them at their place for once.

Godslay

Banned
Dude, normally I can understand emotions getting in the way BUT HE GOUGED THE DUDES EYE

That's not the point.

The point is, that the league is inconsistent in their rulings.

All of those guys dropped dirty plays on the field, and all got fined. Some got suspensions, but they were appealed and overturned.

Nothing Talib did was any different than who I mentioned specifically in that post.

Jernigan, no fine, no suspension
EZqR2YP.jpg

Cherilus $5K fine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AylsVaykCLc

Wilfork, eye-gouge, fined, suspended, appealed, suspension overturned:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBTSugoc6rM

Suh, fined, suspended, suspension overturned:
https://youtu.be/6fl0XffpBsIhttps://youtu.be/6fl0XffpBsI

Pacman Jones:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uClHy9gs5A#t=10s

So what's the difference?

If the NFL says that any dirty play like that is a suspension going forward, then that is fine. Otherwise they need to rule consistently against Talib as they have the others.

Spinluck

I still remember everyone ripping him for Eric Walden. That was a great signing. Totally shored up the run defense along with Anderson. Werner was a bad pick but he's mostly done okay with defense. I read something that he is from the Eagles front office, that during the Reid era believed in not draft OL high since they had such success developing guys. So Grigson views the OL failures as coaching issues since it was their job to coach up guys, not his job to draft them high. He drafts guys that score the ball and stop the ball

To a fault I'd have to agree, we have absolutely failed at developing guys, not at just the O-line. I'd say DB is the only position where we've had the most success developing guys. Outside of Werner Grigson has done well drafting for defense, Anderson and Parry showed so much promise :(.

tmdorsey

Lol your asking alot from the Titans..

Got to have faith!

I'm sorry for what we did :(

I used to know how it was to be a good team and lose a game to a trash team because you let your guard down

IMO it wasn't even a matter of letting their guard down. Your front seven dominated our line most of the game and the coaching staff had no answers plus made boneheaded decisions.

Freaking terrible. Mech, TDR, I'm starting to change my stance. I might be ok with you guys taking Shanahan off our hands.

Spinluck

Very true, and even the last couple Broncos teams were better offensively than this one. But defense does win championship. He's surrounded by solid talent on offense and extraordinary talent on defense. Not too shabby. If he had this team a decade ago, they would roll to the Super Bowl. Not even cold air would stop them.

No question.

Top Bottom