• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 11 |OT| - A Fraud‘s Time

cdyhybrid

Rather his only miss of the season be now rather than the super bowl. Best possible scenario for the Pats right there.

He's going to kick one from the stands?

Or are the Texans going to sign him before the playoffs?

I have been to a few Raiders Pats and Niners games and the noise was there for all of those games I attended. You don't believe everything you read on the internet, also im not calling them liars I have attented games where sometimes fans was louder then others.

I don't have to read it on the internet, I'm seeing and hearing it live on TV.

They're not loud compared to some other places in the NFL. It's okay. There's nothing wrong with it.

Don't know what's weirder, that shit with the refs or Gostkowski missing. Great game though, I dearly hope Sexy Rexy gets to coach a team with an actual offense once in his lifetime.

brentech

game changer right there. Should have an easy TD, but the Pats get nothing instead. Fuck the refs.
At least 2 defenders just stopped as soon as the whistle went, including the defender covering him. There is a chance he breaks from him, but a also a chance he gets dropped where he caught it.
There is absolutely no given that it was a TD.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
http://static.nfl.com/static/conten...k/pdfs/10_2012_BallInPlay_DeadBall_Scrimm.pdf
(n) when an official sounds his whistle erroneously while the ball is still in play, the ball becomes dead immediately;
(i) If the ball is in player possession, the team in possession may elect to put the ball in play where it has been
declared dead or to replay the down.
(ii) If the ball is a loose ball resulting from a fumble, backward pass, or illegal forward pass, the team last in
possession may elect to put the ball in play at the spot where possession was lost or to replay the down.
(iii) If the ball is a loose ball resulting from a legal forward pass, a free kick, a fair-catch kick, or a scrimmage kick, the ball is returned to the previous spot, and the down is replayed.

ball should have been put back at the original line of scrimmage.

ColdPizza

Banned
http://static.nfl.com/static/conten...k/pdfs/10_2012_BallInPlay_DeadBall_Scrimm.pdf
(n) when an official sounds his whistle erroneously while the ball is still in play, the ball becomes dead immediately;
(i) If the ball is in player possession, the team in possession may elect to put the ball in play where it has been
(ii) If the ball is a loose ball resulting from a fumble, backward pass, or illegal forward pass, the team last in
possession may elect to put the ball in play at the spot where possession was lost or to replay the down.
(iii) If the ball is a loose ball resulting from a legal forward pass, a free kick, a fair-catch kick, or a scrimmage kick, the ball is returned to the previous spot, and the down is replayed.

Good fine.

They shouldn't have given the Pats the spot. Refs even tucked that up. Doesn't change the fact they completely changed the game with their ineptitude

Good play from Rex then. Technically he was immune from penalty because the inadvertent whistle should have been a complete do-over.

There's no such thing in football as "immune from a penalty," especially unsportsmanlike conduct. Like saying Tomlin preventing that TD a year or two ago was a good play by the coach (though this isnt in the same league as Tomlins obv)

TD on the field, not enough to overturn. Let them get loud, who cares? They take after their QB in whining.

Looked like a TD to me

brentech

looked like he had just caught the ball when the whistle went off, but hadn't started to turn up field yet.

TheFatOne

I have to see the numbers but it seems like the Pats run defense is ok up the middle, but can't hold the edge. Would have to check to make sure, but that's what it looks like to me generally. Could be just a case of confirmation bias though.
game changer right there. Should have an easy TD, but the Pats get nothing instead. Fuck the refs.

Nah not an easy TD, but if Amemdola could break one tackle it's a huge gain. Ref took away that opportunity.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
He's going to kick one from the stands?

Or are the Texans going to sign him before the playoffs?

I don't have to read it on the internet, I'm seeing and hearing it live on TV.

They're not loud compared to some other places in the NFL. It's okay. There's nothing wrong with it.

To be fair, noise level has more to do with stadium design and acoustics, that stadium is one big tunnel. Either way crowd noise is a ridiculous thing to argue over.

aceface

'Way before' .. the 0.8 seconds that it takes for a ball to travel 15 feet in the air, meanwhile, play would have been a touchdown.

Yeah, before he caught it. And no, it would not have been a TD because the safety stopped when he heard the whistle.

The refs messed up by blowing the whistle and then again by giving the patriots 30 yards for made up reasons.

There's no such thing in football as "immune from a penalty," especially unsportsmanlike conduct. Like saying Tomlin preventing that TD a year or two ago was a good play by the coach (though this isnt in the same league as Tomlins obv)

He was immune from that penalty though. No way that was unsportsmanlike based on what I saw

Top Bottom