• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 11 |OT| - A Fraud‘s Time

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
looked like he had just caught the ball when the whistle went off, but hadn't started to turn up field yet.
espn played it again live and the whistle was clearly blown while the ball was in the air.

How so?

It was a legal pass and Amendola had the possession. Seems to me that the call made was correct.
because the ball was in the air.

cdyhybrid

To be fair, noise level has more to do with stadium design and acoustics, that stadium is one big tunnel. Either way crowd noise is a ridiculous thing to argue over.

I agree.

I don't hold it against fans anyway (unless you're piping noise into the stadium). Going to games is not a great experience. You get gouged left and right, the weather sucks, and you have to sit through a billion commercial breaks.

Good call on the TD here

Did you uhh.. miss that last Patriots drive where a would be 70 yard TD pass was blown dead by an inadvertent whistle?

Did you miss the part where the defender had stopped playing because of a whistle?

Listen people, I know people are upset. But next week, we get to see America's trainwreck known as Cleveland fuck up and lose a game to a team that is down a qb, wr, hb, and basically name a position that is the Ravens.

TheFatOne

Seriously? That fucked them over. Look at the space he had after the catch. The only defender that gave up was all the way down at the end of the field

Nah if that was Edelman that would have been a TD easy no problem. Not sure if Amendola is quick enough to beat the corner who was covering him. No doubt he gets extra yards, but not an automatic td.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
If the Pats lose this game those refs should probably fear for their lives. Get the secret service to whisk them out of the stadium somehow.

It's happened in real futbol, it can happen here. >>;

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I agree.

I don't hold it against fans anyway (unless you're piping noise into the stadium). Going to games is not a great experience. You get gouged left and right, the weather sucks, and you have to sit through a billion commercial breaks.

Foxboro is a nightmare. I'm pretty sure this pulls my man card, but god I hate making the trek out there once winter rolls around.

He was immune from that penalty though. No way that was unsportsmanlike based on what I saw

Not that it matters, but the Penalty would have been called while Rex was blocking the Ref from the play, during the play, before the ref had the whistle in his mouth. Rex was between the ref and the field on the white. Obstructing the ref from making the call is the penalty... He did it while brady still had the ball.

ALthough I agree, whistl was blown while ball was in the air. But Penalty would have been before that, while Brady still had the ball.

Godslay

Banned
I agree.

Did you miss the part where the defender had stopped playing because of a whistle?

I love going to games.

WHat a charming Dick's Sporting Goods commercial to bring us all together

#WhistleGate

Christmas commercials and it's not even thanksgiving

Was at the supermarket a day before Halloween getting some candy, and they already had Christmas and New Years shit out. May as well just not pack it up.

Tirico being blind to Darby stopping before that "catch" is infuriating. How many times does he have to see it to notice?

I dunno, he had a lot of green in front of him john. Could've taken that one the distance. It's almost as if everyone else on the field stopped playing.

Top Bottom