• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 11 |OT| - A Fraud‘s Time

Line_HTX

I missed that Andy Dalton retracted his comments and squashed the beef.

Turns out it was Bengals.com fault all along.

Stupid imbecile media framing that useless question. Take his privileges away.

:p

jakncoke

Banned
"Lions' Rashean Mathis wonders if concussions should be called brain injuries to convey their seriousness."

I dunno if people would take them more serious or not, what do you think gaf?

DEATH™;186072797 said:
Is it fair to assume that no wildcard this year will go deep come playoff time?

With the 4th seed in the AFC being an AFC South team?

Considering the Texans are right there to possibly win the division, I don't think its fair to assume no wildcard team can advance and I'm not sold on the Bengals either after that embarassment.

TheFatOne

"Lions' Rashean Mathis wonders if concussions should be called brain injuries to convey their seriousness."

I think it would help some. Giving the term a more severe unambiguous name wouldn't hurt.

Edit:Overall it's just a case where we don't fully understand the long term effects which is the real issue.

Dragon

Banned
THIS IS FOR JAK:

Stats of the Week. Andy Dalton is 4-8 in games played after sundown, 44-16-1 in daylight.

Andy Reid is 15-2 after a bye week.

Tennessee is on an 0-10 streak at home.

Minnesota leads the N.F.C. North at 7-2, but has not beaten a team with a winning record.

Pittsburgh is on a 27-4 stretch versus Cleveland.

The Rams are on an 8-for-51 stretch on third downs.

Jacksonville broke an 0-13 road loss streak (Jax was the home team of record for its London victory).

Since the start of the 2014 season, the Bills are 6-1 versus the Jets and Dolphins, 8-10 versus all other teams.

Baltimore, Denver, Green Bay and Seattle, 2014 playoff teams, all lost at home.

Since the start of the 2013 season, at home Russell Wilson is 1-2 versus Arizona, 20-2 versus all other teams.

At 3-6, Jacksonville is one game out of first place.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/18/upshot/win-in-todays-nfl-lend-me-a-tight-end.html

squicken

Grossi warning, but this is great stuff. The Browns were surprised the Steelers ran one-gap against them, even though they have done so all year. Montgomery is the Browns' RB coach

How do you explain the number of negative runs in the Pittsburgh game?

Montgomery: “I was shocked at Pittsburgh because Pittsburgh was never a penetrating defense. They were always a key-read defense, a two-gap defense. They saw where you were going then they would run and make tackles. They played fast. This Pittsburgh defense was different. They penetrated, and that was the difference in the ball game because now, they’re getting you off your spot, they’re getting you off your landmark and that becomes a trouble for the backs and for the offensive linemen and the tight ends.

“Now, you work against something that you thought they were and then you get in a game, they’re doing something totally different. Those guys were big and strong and explosive, and they were getting up field on us.”

This is a fairly amazing admission. Our scouting report on the Steelers made a point of new defensive coordinator Keith Butler switching to a one-gap, penetrating scheme up front. Montgomery’s comments suggest the Browns did not do a good job of advance scouting the Steelers.
http://www.espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=51821

e: same article, Justin Gilbert a healthy scratch for a bad week of practice

Hunter S.

I love PM, he's done a lot for the Broncos and for Denver. It just feels like the time to transition is right.

As far as Brock, you have to look at him like a rookie. He's going to make mistakes, probably be confused at times. I want to see if he can handle pressure type of drives like PM pulled off this year, and the ability to limit mistakes. Mainly just progress going forward.

I am also so happy that we won't have to hear about the cold weather horseshit. Dude is from Montana, and being a fellow Rocky Mountain Man, we all know he can handle the wind and cold.

The spotlight on Peyton's back for being the best will be gone. For some time at least. I think as long as Brock is in charge the media, etc. will look at the team as a team more than just following its leader. And, yeah, I do think he will be a work in progress as normal for a new QB.

Peyton is great I own both his home and away jerseys. The time to reflect on his greatness might not be here, yet. Next week is certainly exciting though.

Montana is wild and free and cold just like here in Colorado!

Line_HTX

Someone should smack him in the face and see if concussions are serious.

And then tie him onto a chair and watch that upcoming Will Smith movie Concussion.

Grossi warning, but this is great stuff. The Browns were surprised the Steelers ran one-gap against them, even though they have done so all year. Montgomery is the Browns' RB coach
That's a pretty deep organizational blunder. Shows how Browns Miss the small things.

I always wonder how a team that gets annual high picks can stay this poor for this long. This is how. Nothing extra. 9:01 to 4:59 type work ethic.

TheFatOne

Thats still tshirt and shorts weather. Get hard or go home like a cali surfer boy

Fuck that noise. 40 degrees is not tshirt and shorts weather. Maybe during the end of the winter when there finally is a sunny day in high forties sure. In general though hell no.

jakncoke

Banned
Try riding your bike downhill away from mountains towards work, or gym in 40 degrees. That be some cold shit. Riding uphill is warm though you fuck.

lol mountains, there is no mountains here only hills created by the ice age

Same, but I'm constantly shoveling asphalt for like 8 hours of my day so I stay warm.

Im always throwing garbage or walking to the next stop so its easy to stay warm. But even not working I stay pretty warm

squicken

That's a pretty deep organizational blunder. Shows how Browns Miss the small things.

I always wonder how a team that gets annual high picks can stay this poor for this long. This is how. Nothing extra. 9:01 to 4:59 type work ethic.

And how do you expect players to get better when the coaches don't prepare them for what they are going to see? Why would Cam Erving possibly look good when when all week he was told the DL was going to two gap?

I really think the losing just gets to them. They don't consciously want to cut corners, but going that extra mile starts to seem pointless, and it gets easy to just punch the clock

squicken

http://nfl.nbcsports.com/2015/11/19/andy-dalton-and-the-problems-of-familiarity/

Interesting read on Andy Dalton. He's very good against teams that have not faced him recently, but much worse against foes familiar with him. It's not just facing better defenses; it really is a function of opponent familiarity

Andy Dalton is a much better player against teams the Bengals have not faced recently. In particular, he is sacked much less frequently and is a much more effective downfield passer. This is one reason the Bengals have fared so well in interconference play and why he could do well against the Cardinals on Sunday night and the St. Louis Rams the next week. The bad news is, the Bengals still have four common foes left to play in the regular season, and most of the likely AFC playoff teams — New England, Denver, Pittsburgh, and even Indianapolis — are common foes. After an inspiring start, Cincinnati could be looking once again at a disappointing result and another fast playoff exit.

Top Bottom