• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 11 |OT| - A Fraud‘s Time

I think one of the worst things to happen to the long term future of the NFL is the CBA they signed. Players are basically forbidden from practicing; especially tackling.

They have mandatory days off constantly and can only have one contact practice a week during the year. Offensive linemen coming out of school can't prepare enough, which is evident in the horrible line play this year, pretty much across the board.

I have a feeling that the game will continue to devolve and it will not be pretty in the near future.

That's what the players wanted, it's their own stupid fault for being lazy

squicken

ESPN Insider: NFL Luckiest and Unluckiest Teams

Lucky:

ATL: The Falcons have benefited from opponents dropping their own passes (5.4 percent, third in the NFL) and Matt Ryan's passes (four dropped interceptions). Atlanta has turned the ball over 14 times without any touchdown returns, but its 14 takeaways have led to three touchdown returns. No team has been aided more by opposing kickers, who are just 10-of-15 on field goals with all five of those misses coming indoors. The Falcons have also faced below-average opponent performance on kickoff and punt distance.

CAR:
The Panthers have also had moderately good fortune in a few other areas. They rank seventh with 5.1 percent of opponent passes dropped. Opponents have missed four field goals (including a 29-yarder by Tampa Bay's Kyle Brindza, who has since been released) and three extra points (including one on a blown snap). And Panthers opponents have yet to score a touchdown on an interception or fumble return.

Unlucky

Kansas City Chiefs: Combining all three phases of the game, Kansas City has recovered only 36 percent of fumbles. Alex Smith has thrown only one dropped interception. And the Chiefs are 1-3 in games decided by a touchdown or less.

--
Philadelphia's opponents lead the NFL with an 84 percent touchback rate.

No opponent has missed a field goal or extra point against the Eagles or Rams this season.

Cleveland's opponents have a league-low 1.6 percent drop rate on passes.

Andrew Luck has 12 interceptions but, based on ESPN Stats & Information charting, no dropped interceptions.

Chicago's opponents have returned three of 11 turnovers for touchdowns; the Bears have eight takeaways but no touchdown returns.

I think one of the worst things to happen to the long term future of the NFL is the CBA they signed. Players are basically forbidden from practicing; especially tackling.

They have mandatory days off constantly and can only have one contact practice a week during the year. Offensive linemen coming out of school can't prepare enough, which is evident in the horrible line play this year, pretty much across the board.

I have a feeling that the game will continue to devolve and it will not be pretty in the near future.

If it helps prevent one or two guys from going into a CTE induced rage and killing themselves at 40 I'm okay with this.

Hindl

Against lesser teams, Sanchez was quite good last year. That was with Maclin, Shady and the better guys on the OL, but he still looked good last week at times. I wonder, if he just plays amazing the next two games, would Chip then start him vs New England if Bradford were healthy? Would seem almost cruel to ever let Sanchez play the Patriots again

I think unless Sanchez turns into 2013 27-2 Foles, he's sticking with Bradford. And Sanchez seems perfectly content with that. I've really grown to respect Sanchez taking his role with no big fuss. Especially since he didn't have to resign as the backup last offseason. But Sam is the guy, for better or worse.

Booty Sanchez starting, Mathews and Sam Bradford are out. Jason Peters is questionable.

Ryan Beardharvard will start for Jets, and Buster Skrine, Sheldon Richardson are both questionable. Dion Bailey is out.

Fuck. Sanchez is whatever, but Mathews missing extended time sucks. Murray has taken a while to get going in games, and Mathews has always been dependable to at least keep the chains moving while he warms up. Plus our O Line has turned from being held together with duct tape and prayers to utterly collapsing without JP. I haven't followed the Bucs, but hopefully their D Line isn't great. Otherwise it'll be a long day

squicken

I think unless Sanchez turns into 2013 27-2 Foles, he's sticking with Bradford. And Sanchez seems perfectly content with that. I've really grown to respect Sanchez taking his role with no big fuss. Especially since he didn't have to resign as the backup last offseason. But Sam is the guy, for better or worse.

Oh I disagree that he has accepted his role. I think he played that game out to prove that he is the one that should be playing. I think that is why he threw that INT. He wanted to "win" the game. It happens with backups or guys in QB competitions all the time. It's why Rosencopter happened. It's why McCowncopter happened. Guys who have a tenuous hold on the job or a chance to take it know they can't play it safe; they have to seize the opportunity

I saw a report that it is really Bradford's shoulder that is keeping him out, which I am sure is true. We've seen Rodgers and Romo get planted in recent years the same way. If a defensive player can get a running start and drive the QB into the ground, he's getting hurt. The way to not get hurt is to be too big to plant

Oh I disagree that he has accepted his role. I think he played that game out to prove that he is the one that should be playing. I think that is why he threw that INT. He wanted to "win" the game. It happens with backups or guys in QB competitions all the time. It's why Rosencopter happened. It's why McCowncopter happened. Guys who have a tenuous hold on the job or a chance to take it know they can't play it safe; they have to seize the opportunity

I saw a report that it is really Bradford's shoulder that is keeping him out, which I am sure is true. We've seen Rodgers and Romo get planted in recent years the same way. If a defensive player can get a running start and drive the QB into the ground, he's getting hurt. The way to not get hurt is to be too big to plant

Hindl

I dunno, I mean every QB wants to "win" the game. I get your point though. But looking at the Sanchez situation in particular:

He was brought in last year on a one year deal with the express plan of being Foles' backup. He took that fine.

Then, Foles gets injured, and Sanchez goes in. And I know we all love to laugh at buttfumble, but he had a career year last year. The collapse of the Eagles was more on the Defense than Sanchez. He performed well enough to be a starter on some lesser teams in the league. I'm not sure if he was courted at all, but he chose to stay with the Eagles, presumably as Foles' backup. Two days later, Bradford signs the deal, and Sanchez must have known about that while his contract negotiation was in place. And even though he was promised a "QB competition" in the offseason, it was pretty clear Bradford was the guy. And yet he's never said a word about it, or expressed any hard feelings.

Maybe I'm wrong and he just wasn't wanted anywhere else but the Eagles. But I've just never gotten that vibe from Sanchez. Would he like to be the starting QB? Of course. But to me it seems he knows his job and sticks to it

squicken

Maybe I'm wrong and he just wasn't wanted anywhere else but the Eagles. But I've just never gotten that vibe from Sanchez. Would he like to be the starting QB? Of course. But to me it seems he knows his job and sticks to it

Well I think he knew Foles was out, so he'd possibly get a shot in a system he was at his best in. I don't have a problem with him. Like I said earlier, he is an excellent QB in Chip's system but only if he doesn't turn it over. Which he has never shown he can do

But there's lots of reasons to think they can still win the division. Sturgis isn't going to get better, but opposing kickers should start being mortal. They've lost 3 games by 3 points or less in games where they have missed FGs. I'd expect them to win the next two pretty comfortably. The goal is really just to have a win and in for the last two games vs WAS and NY

squicken

Breer's notes have some interesting tidbits on the Vikes and Cards coaches, as well as Ortwaller (was roommate of Elway's kid at ASU)

1) It will be interesting seeing how Nick Foles reacts to his benching in St. Louis -- considering that teams had serious questions about how competitive he was coming out of Arizona. One thing that was spotted on college tape was how, after interceptions, he would simply jog off the field rather than trying to go after his interceptor and make the tackle. And then, there was the fact that he bolted from Michigan State after being beaten out for the starting job by Kirk Cousins.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ebook-mike-zimmer-bruce-arians-head-nfl-trend

e: Rapsheet says Peyton and Ware won't travel to Chicago. Nice of Ware, I think

Hindl

Decided to rent Battlefront on Ps4, already tired of playing as Vader as the game installs so just gonna wait it out now.

From what I've heard, the game is fun for like 10 hours. Most people got their fill on EA Access for the week before the game launched

Well I think he knew Foles was out, so he'd possibly get a shot in a system he was at his best in. I don't have a problem with him. Like I said earlier, he is an excellent QB in Chip's system but only if he doesn't turn it over. Which he has never shown he can do

But there's lots of reasons to think they can still win the division. Sturgis isn't going to get better, but opposing kickers should start being mortal. They've lost 3 games by 3 points or less in games where they have missed FGs. I'd expect them to win the next two pretty comfortably. The goal is really just to have a win and in for the last two games vs WAS and NY

Oh I agree. Sanchez is fine in the offense, his turnovers just kill him. But it's absolutely possible we still win the division. The Cowboys are pretty much out, even with Romo back I don't think they will win out with the Panthers, Packers, Jets and Bills still on the schedule. And they still have Redskins twice, who always seem to split with divisional opponents. The Giants are probably the frontrunners now, but we'll see how their injuries catch up to them. And the Redskins are quietly making a push. This division may suck, but at least the division winner won't be decided in early December

MechDX

I believe it, gotta love Redbox for having all the new big games available to rent! Saves me money.

Yeah it's a very shallow game until the $50 season pass content drops......

I'll just get a GOTY edition at that time with all content included.

EA just making bank on star wars die-hard nerds

Iupati is good to go which is great but Cooper got injured which came out of nowhere and will likely miss the game so scrub Larsen will be back in :( I'm concerned about how the line will hold up against the Bungle's DL but Carson bounced back in SEA after getting nailed and fumbling two possessions in a row so I know we can still make plays. Floyd out sucks, he had such a great game against SEA but John Brown is finally practicing so I think he'll return after not playing the last few games. He's a huge part of our offense so if he's good to go, that will largely make up for no Floyd but it's so deadly when we have Fitz, Floyd and Brown all healthy at the same time. Our WR group is deep as fuck though so not too worried there. The rest of the league learned who Jaron Brown was last Sunday and we still have our rookie JJ Nelson who's even faster than John Brown...

Anyway, I'd be extremely confident if the line were healthier but still love our chances for winning this game, especially in our house. Don't the Bungles choke every single time they play in primetime? Well, at least all the playoff games and now MNF so probably a good chance they choke this Sunday, yeah? Feast on the ginger, secondary! #noflyzone

Hindl

Seems very similar to Nintendo with Splatoon, except those updates were free. Splatoon is fantastic but there wasn't a lot there at launch. Thankfully they've expanded it since then

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Pretty much my strategy at this point

Problem is that it's a shooter and I'm not sure if those player bases actually get larger as time goes on since there's always a new one coming around the corner.

jakncoke

Banned
My redbox is a pos for gaming they always trying to get me to rent nba 2k15 along with the movies I rent. I like fuck off. I dont want that game. They always have like 4 shitty old games lol

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
My redbox is a pos for gaming they always trying to get me to rent nba 2k15 along with the movies I rent. I like fuck off. I dont want that game. They always have like 4 shitty old games lol

Well you live in a one horse town.

Who even has electricity much less a game console?

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
blockbuster needs to come back

I used to rent games for 50 cents for 3 days at my local rental place. ); And I walked there! In the snow!

Malalaw

Yeah Battlefront is nothing special, just a reskinned Battlefield with Star Wars people, returning tomorrow.

Games are not that fun to me anymore :(

Bring back old school Battlefront and Socom damnit.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man

completely disagree.

The problem linemen face is the fact that they are more unprepared than ever coming out of college. Same with QBs.

You see the best teams have little to no problems with their offensive lines or tackling. So the less practice thing is just an excuse to me.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Yeah Battlefront is nothing special, just a reskinned Battlefield with Star Wars people, returning tomorrow.

Games are not that fun to me anymore :(

Bring back old school Battlefront and Socom damnit.

Pfft, old school Battlefront is nothing special either. ;P

If you need any further proof of the Falcons' luck, look at the QBs they've faced this season.

Especially one "Blaine Gabbert"!

Top Bottom