• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 11 |OT| - A Fraud‘s Time

Beach

It's crazy how bad the Jags were in the redzone especially when Greg Olsen had the highest Redzone touchdown percentage with the Raiders last year

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I got a 970 and the only thing I played on it was Arkham Knight. What a waste :(

Come on Winky, get an Xbone and play Madden with me and Bread!

No Fallout 4? Witcher 3?

I'm curious to see if Battlefront is any better on PC.

Brady is timeless. Just keeps getting better like a fine wine

Absolutely disgusting. You should be ashamed.

Even your dog Dega is ashamed of you.

More probable than not

:jnc

No Fallout 4? Witcher 3?

I'm curious to see if Battlefront is any better on PC.

I got a code for the Witcher 3 with the 970 too but after playing Dragon Age and Arkham Knight I am done with open world games for a while. Will pick up Fallout on PC for sure, but will wait for a Steam sale next summer or something.

Madden and Halo will take up enough time in between studies for the next few months.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I got a code for the Witcher 3 with the 970 too but after playing Dragon Age and Arkham Knight I am done with open world games for a while. Will pick up Fallout on PC for sure, but will wait for a Steam sale next summer or something.

Madden and Halo will take up enough time in between studies for the next few months.

All I got was a code for Rainbow Six Siege.... :(

MechDX

Brady will be a Texan and Mech will be begging us to let him back in the fandom. Nope!

Nope, don't want Brady. They will get Brees next year. Just a gut feeling. I will only be ok with it if they also draft another guy behind him.

Also the NY media talking trash about TJ. You bitches gonna make him go to 11 . You don't want TJ amped up.

Yaters gonna yate.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Just wanted to publicly state that, after the news of the Lions hiring yet another Ford family friend to be Team President, if the team keeps Caldwell as HC and Sheldon White as GM (which I firmly believe they will), I'm officially done with the franchise until the Fords sell the team. Life is too short to be spent cheering for an inept team like this that keeps making the same mistakes repeatedly. I'll remain an NFL fan but not cheer for any one team individually.

The news today about them switching radio stations is crazy. Beat writers are lambasting them right now on Twitter, stating that the reason the team switched stations is because the commentators on their previous station were "too negative." Radio station execs are quoted as saying the team's ownership called the station constantly and complained about it and were trying to "control the message." Awful.

Le Batard show talking about something we bring up often in here: the NFL product deteriorating, yet the ratings not.

The quality of play at the median is garbage
The QB and O-line play is WOAT
No one knows what the fuck a catch is anymore
Other various ref fuckups
Cats getting serious debilitating, life-changing injuries
Well-known employer of scumbags

And no one seems to care. We still guzzle it up like hotcakes.

Even trash matchups on Thursday nights are getting play.

So what event, singular or protracted over a period of time, could finally bring the league down?

LevelNth

Banned
It's crazy how bad the Jags were in the redzone especially when Greg Olsen had the highest Redzone touchdown percentage with the Raiders last year
I've seen Olson now call straight run plays with backup running backs on 3 separate occasions from inside the 5 (but farther than the 2 to start) this season, and one of those times he also ran it yet again on 4th down, again lining up identically to the previous runs.

Whatever he's trying or thinking he's doing, it's beyond embarrassing.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Le Batard show talking about something we bring up often in here: the NFL product deteriorating, yet the ratings not.

So what event, singular or protracted over a period of time, could finally bring the league down?

I think ratings probably lag the quality of the product on display.

Then again everyone will tune in next season thinking "it can't be as shitty as last year!"

So there's going to need to be several consecutive seasons of awful play before the ratings go down.

ampere

Father time is undefeated.

I can't help but feel that the neck injury/nerve damage fast tracked this.

Definitely. Brady has been luckier health-wise. ACL vs severe neck injury

Manning should have hung it up after last year, but that SB thirst was too great I guess

Fantasy football somehow being banned is the only thing that would really plummet ratings.

Things like the catch rules, refs fucking up, and other things rule related won't make a long-term affect on the game because the NFL is proactive in making the game more watchable, especially compared to other sports organizations that refuse to change rules to improve the watchability of the games (MLB, I'm looking at you).

THe quality of the play being mediocre and the injuries are the biggest problems this season, but they're mostly unique to this season so I don't think they'll have a long term affect. I think the overall poor play compared to past years is indicative of how so many teams took the pre-season off. This pre-season was really the first one in ages where honestly no teams showed up for 4 games, no first team offense or defense played together at all, and so now teams are just starting to put together some semblance of cohesion.

An issue for many fans, though, is that the teams that are just now putting their seasons together are teams that nobody considers perenial powerhouses... Minnesota, Arizona, Cincinnati, and Houston* are leading their divisions, when everybody is expecting the powerhouses -- Green Bay, Seattle, Pittsburg/Baltimore, and Indianapolis* -- to be leading. So the narrative is "wow, play is really down because those three powerhouses are shit," but if you're a fan of Cincinatti, Carolina, and Arizona having remarkable years... that's a good thing, it gets more skin in the game and more fans interested. Hell, even Chicago and Jacksonville are quietly sneaking into the playoff conversation, something that hasn't happened in years.

But, some perennially excellent teams are fading. Baltimore is having the worst season they've had since moving to Baltimore. Dallas and Philly, the two teams that we're supposed to be competing for the NFC East title and two teams that some picked as Super Bowl dark horses, are in 3rd and 4th place in the worst division in the NFL.

Finally, from a player perspective, it hurts that Andrew Luck, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and Matt Ryan are having bad seasons. Even the untouchable Aaron Rodgers has looked human with Jordy Nelson out and a lack of a running game. Meanwhile, you're getting great seasons from less likely stars, Carson Palmer, Andy Dalton, and Cam Newton have been in the middle of the pack the last 3 - 5 years, but this year are at the top of their game. It's also worth throwing out there that one of the best QBs in the league, having a career year, is playing for the 2-7 San Diego Chargers, destined to leave for LA within the next 2 years.

All this is to say that the combination of shitty play from perennial league leading teams is making a lot of NFL fans who are fans of those teams jaded, while fans of recent loser teams are getting more interested as their teams play playoff relevant games in late November.

Oh yeah, Brady is still the GOAT and the Patriots are undefeated, but that didn't fit my narrative of powerhouses underperforming and star QBs having down seasons

There are some good things that have come out of this season:
  • An 18 game season seems out of the question for now. We're seeing what happens with a bad pre-season and a long season as it is. Injuries and bad performance with key players means you have Brock Osweiller, Matt Hasselbeck, and Mark Sanchez starting games this weekend.
  • The London experiment has been a real success, with most of the games being watchable this year AND the 9AM thing for every game is just awesome.
  • Thursday night football sucks and the NFL will not consider expanding game days. I'm hoping in 2016 they consider moving December Thursday Night games to Saturday night. It'll make the end of the season much better.
  • The Catch Rule will likely be totally re-written by 2017.
  • The NFL has uploaded highlights of games to YouTube thank god, so you can actually watch highlights in a functioning videoplayer as soon as a game is done
  • The NFL Around the League podcast has broken the shackles of it's old ~30 - 40 min format and opened up to be as long as it needs to be, thank god.

Crisco

Banned

When Cam Newton plows over the Patriots defensive line for the game winning score in the Super Bowl, then proceeds to dab for 3 full minutes, Goodell will cancel the 2016 season.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
U29xqTY.gif

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
I said these exact words last night at the bar.

Fucking Packers

These recipes have gone from "super easy and tasty" to "that's a lot of work". It'd probably take an hour and a half to make those counting the mashed potatoes.

What kind of mashed potatoes you making?

Top Bottom