• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 12 |OT| - A Fraud is Thankful

I missed the last two games...I can't believe I have to watch more Cassel. This is cruel. Wish I could have watched the Bears win, although I 'm sure the actual game was terrible.

THE TANKS BACK ON BABY!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
throw the ball 43 times when the running game is working

play goodson over gunter, palmer over ryan, janis the manis gets no shine

Passing game could work if our guys could, you know, catch a fucking pass.

Either Rodgers is the best QB in the league or he's not. I don't think the solution is really to take the ball out of his hands so much as fixing the scheme or our receiving corps.

Novoitus

Banned

Either Rodgers is the best QB in the league or he's not. I don't think the solution is really to take the ball out of his hands so much as fixing the scheme or our receiving corps.

This game came down to coaching, and the Bears have the superior coaching staff.

Eleuin

the solution should be sending clements, adams and richard rogers into the sun

Godslay

Banned
Nah, that's what Patricia is here for. McD will replace Kubes and be welcomed back to Denver with open arms!

Patricia will head off to some team like Oakland and try to be Belichick 2.0. He'll fail like the rest of them and come crawling back to the hairy, greasy, silver dollar sized tit of Bill. From which McD will throw him from the nest when it's time for Bill to go ly down.

McD will reign for 3 years before being named as sole owner in Kraft's will.

He'll move the team to his home town in Ohio and you'll cry. Not like a small tear that runs down your cheek. Like those fat tears that fuck up your vision.

They'll be worse than the Browns!

Novoitus

Banned
I hope you're joking. Typical Bears playing to hold on and not lose rather than playing to win. Fox sucks. I was seriously expecting them to lose there at the end and it wouldn't have been unfair.

Gase and Fangio are pretty phenomenal playcallers. While Fox has some downside, he puts together an AMAZING staff. You're fucking blind if you don't see that. Look at what Fangio has done with nothing. Look at what Gase has done with an offense that has been severely injured all year.

Fox's value is his ability to bring in these coordinators while being a positive influence/leader on the team.

Gase and Fangio are pretty phenomenal playcallers. While Fox has some downside, he puts together an AMAZING staff. You're fucking blind if you don't see that. Look at what Fangio has done with nothing. Look at what Gase has done with an offense that has been severely injured all year.

Fox's value is his ability to bring in these coordinators while being a positive influence/leader on the team.

I like the coordinators but hate the head coach and think he stifles them to a certain degree.

I wanted them to hire Gase as head coach.

tmdorsey

Looks like I'm gonna have to rely on Palmer and that Arizona D to take down Cam and the Panthers. This truly is the dark days of NFL.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Why isn't RBH here to pass out the lighter?

1hYwXIU.jpg

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Lions CB Darius Slay gets the best of another matchup, but Amari Cooper's drops didn't hurt

DETROIT -- As the last of his four targets slipped through his fingers, all Amari Cooper could do was pound his fists on the Ford Field turf.

The Oakland Raiders receiver finished the most frustrating day of his rookie season — with just one catch for four yards — in an 18-13 loss to the Detroit Lions. Part of the problem was drops. Cooper couldn't hang on to a pair of slants. His other issue was Lions cornerback Darius Slay, who has been locking down everyone who lines up across from him for more than a month.

Slay gave up just one reception in the contest, and it wasn't to Cooper. Michael Crabtree, another former first-round draft pick, got the best of Slay on a hitch route for an 8-yard gain in the third quarter.

Slay arguably is playing as well as any cornerback in the league right now, but he rarely is mentioned in that conversation. Asked if he feels he deserves Pro Bowl consideration, he uncharacteristically sidestepped the ability to lavish himself with praise.

Well mostly.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2015/11/detroit_lions_darius_slay_6.html

This article was from last week.

Slay once again had a shutdown day today. IIRC he did not allow one catch today and stayed with whatever no name WR the Eagles he had to cover. He is a Top 5 DB in the NFL right now and he's only in his 3rd season.

Rodgers isn't throwing his way next Thursday I guarantee you that.

Godslay

Banned
I like the coordinators but hate the head coach and he think he stifles them to a certain degree.

He's a good coach, predictable and conservative sure. At the same time he stays out of the way of Gase and is pretty good on the defensive side of the ball.

Lacking a killer instinct was my main complaint. He'll play field position, make you beat the defense to win, go Foxball to minimize risk, etc.

But that's not always bad. Might not win you a SB, but he'll make the team competitive or at the very least competent.

MRSA

Banned
People probably said the same thing about you when you got addicted to opiates after the tuck rule game and Jamarcus Russell.

Still better than animu.

RBH, write wienku an Rx for 5 grams of sodium thiopental IV, 10 mg Versed IM, and 40 mg of Dilaudid.

I'll do the rest.

Novoitus

Banned
I like the coordinators but hate the head coach and think he stifles them to a certain degree.

I wanted them to hire Gase as head coach.

He doesn't though. Without Fox, you would not see Fangio or Gase in Chicago.

He might have questionable time management, he might be too conservative, but he brought these guys here. And he is a leader. This team has an identity, something it has lacked for quite some time.

Nobody thought the Bears would be any good. Look at their team. Gotta give Fox major props.

They aren't that good.

I mean, they are getting better but this game didn't change the fact that they are a middling team that can compete a lot of the time but not be able to defeat great teams.

The way the Packers were playing, the Bears should have won this game by at least 10 points.

I think getting White on the field next season(looks that way) will make them sort of dangerous but I don't expect them to be that good next year either.

I can't see them making the playoffs in the next couple of years.

He doesn't though. Without Fox, you would not see Fangio or Gase in Chicago.

He might have questionable time management, he might be too conservative, but he brought these guys here. And he is a leader. This team has an identity, something it has lacked for quite some time.

"Identity" doesn't win games, it's a term.

Actually, they were fairly close to hiring Gase as head coach or he was high on their list.

You can bring up that intangible jargon when they make the playoffs.

Nobody thought the Bears would be any good. Look at their team. Gotta give Fox major props.

Their defense is legit too. As a Niners fan, I was more bummed out when I heard we lost Fangio than when I found out we lost Harbaugh. As a DC, the dude is an evil genius and I predicted they'd when division. Probably not likely now but it seems like they are finally finding their rhythm.

Novoitus

Banned
"Identity" doesn't win games, it's a term.

Actually, they were fairly close to hiring Gase as head coach or he was high on their list.

You can bring up that intangible jargon when they make the playoffs.

With a strong draft/free agency, this is a playoff team next year.

Kind of amazing to see someone complain about what John Fox has done after witnessing Marc Trestman the last 2 years.

With a strong draft/free agency, this is a playoff team next year.

Kind of amazing to see someone complain about what John Fox has done after witnessing Marc Trestman the last 2 years.

Trestman was awful so anyone would have been better.

I hope so, dude, but I don't see that happening.

Pernell McPhee has been a great addition though, maybe they will get someone like that again.

I still like watching the team though and always will, can't wait to see what White will do.

I could see him being inconsistent but can't see him being a bust.

oh geez

what if

what if cutting Clausen made the Bears better

oh geez we're fucked monday fucked fucked

or as rodgers would say, F-U-C-K-E-D

Jopie

Fox is a good head coach who will never be a great head coach. He will always be the head coach on teams that run draws on 3rd and 8. He will always be the head coach on teams that take a knee with a minute left in the first half when they still have 3 timeouts. He will always bet on his defense when all he needs is one more play on offense to get a victory.

A punt is a good play Foxball can keep you competitive but his lack of a killer instinct will always be his downfall.

Top Bottom