• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 12 |OT| - A Fraud is Thankful

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Lions remaining schedule:

Vs. Green Bay W

@ Rams W

@ Saints W

Vs. 49ers W

@ Bears W

Lions finish 9-7 and make the playoffs. I'm kind of being serious.

In Cooter We Trust

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

Vs. Green Bay W

@ Rams W

@ Saints W

Vs. 49ers W

@ Bears W

In Cooter We Trust

That's not enough to get in the playoffs. You also need the Vikings, Seahawks and Falcons to drop multiple games. Especially the first two since they hold the tie breaker over the Lions.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
That's not enough to get in the playoffs. You also need the Vikings, Seahawks and Falcons to drop multiple games. Especially the first two since they hold the tie breaker over the Lions.

Falcons are 6-4 playing the Vikings this Sunday, and two games against the Panthers.

Seahawks are frauds, and the Lions are IMO a better team (we're better than most of the NFL on paper IMO), and they still have to face the Cardinals in Arizona and Pittsburgh.

One of those three teams will get the 5th spot (Vikings probably), but the 6th WC seed could be an 8-8 team in the NFC.

Food for thought, I'm just throwing this out there. I kind of believe, especially with the momentum our team is playing with.

Records are meant to be broken.

cdyhybrid

Falcons are 6-4 playing the Vikings this Sunday, and two games against the Panthers.

Seahawks are frauds, and the Lions are IMO a better team (we're better than most of the NFL on paper IMO), and they still have to face the Cardinals in Arizona and Pittsburgh.

One of those three teams will get the 5th spot (Vikings probably), but the 6th WC seed could be an 8-8 team in the NFC.

Food for thought, I'm just throwing this out there. I kind of believe, especially with the momentum our team is playing with.

Records are meant to be broken.

:kas

Look at what your fraud-ass team brought onto this thread, Iggles-Age.

squicken

This was a solid top 10 D and a top 5 against the rush. Just 2 weeks ago they beat the Cowboys, were 4-4, and since then the D has completely stopped playing. I just don't get it.

It's not fair to say the defense didn't show up vs MIA. They forced a safety, and but for a deflected pass TD, hold on for a win.
I think the two turning points in the year were Hicks getting hurt and Sanchez's red zone INT vs MIA.

It's crazy to think how much Hicks meant to the defense. He is the only MLB worth a damn. Kiko is all sorts of bad, Ryans got old and Kendricks I think has Maxwell-Murray Disease. They cannot stop the run now and have no one to help on underneath routes

But the Sanchez INT vs MIA killed the team's soul. They were still fighting until that play. If he just throws it away they take a lead with a FG. Since then they have been brutal. The point differential with Bradford was +35, w/Sanchez -63. He doesn't play defense, but it speaks to the relative effort being given when each one has been in at QB

Chip has to do something about the effort. He can deny it all he wants be he has quitters on his team; the two biggest being Murray and Maxwell. It's going to take some guts and humility for him to admit his two big FA signings were bad, but it will also show he has no sacred cows.

The beat guys are kinda sorta hinting around Peters not being as hurt as he says but until there is more there it's hard to say. How was he Reid's last year?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I've been pretty high at certain points of my life but never on the level of Kas.

Like I said, I kind of don't believe, but anything is possible.

Momentum is certainly swinging our way as opposed to the Seahawks or Falcons, who have lost 3 straight in a row and play the Vikings this Sunday.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Seidel: Lions feast on triple helping of Stafford-to-Johnson

When it was over — this game that no one in Detroit wanted to end — Stafford had five touchdown passes, including three of them to Johnson, as the Lions won their third-straight game, rolling to a 45-14 victory over Philadelphia on Thanksgiving Day.

"Probably as complete a victory as we have had around here," Lions coach Jim Caldwell said.

What a strange, bizarre season. There was the 1-7 start. The day Caldwell fired his offensive coordinator. The day Lions owner Martha Ford took a hatchet to the front office.

And now, we have this: a stunning, three-game winning streak.

Give the Lions all kinds of credit, they could have folded after all of that turmoil. But it was the Lions who showed life Thursday, and the Eagles who rolled over and played fried turkey.

The biggest improvement has been on offense. Stafford just looks so much more comfortable in Jim Bob Cooter's offense. And by comfortable, I mean, he's standing upright, and not sprawled out on his back, moaning in pain after getting sacked.

"It's just been good," Stafford said. "Jim Bob and I have a good relationship. He's a smart guy. He communicates well with the guys on our offense. He's young in his job, but he's not afraid. He's aggressive. That's fun. That rubs off on guys when a guy is aggressive and trusts us to go out and make good decisions."

There are lots of things to like about this new offense, like how the Lions actually block and people get open. The line is suddenly protecting Stafford and giving him all kinds of time.

Stafford was sacked two times Thursday, but that's nothing compared to all of the abuse he took earlier this season. "I'll give our offensive line a ton of credit," Stafford said. "Those guys blocked it up today."

Best of all, Cooter is aggressive and isn't afraid. Late in the second quarter, Cooter called for a play that featured a bunch of slant routes. But then he changed it. "He said, 'Ah, screw that. Let's be aggressive,' " Stafford said. "Then, he gave me four verticals. I was fired up for it."

"I loved it," Stafford said. "Jim Bob called a great game, put us in position to win, in a position to make plays."

Let's just say, Stafford didn't say that kind of thing about Joe Lombardi's offense.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...ons-philadelphia-eagles-jeff-seidel/76438390/

Joe Lombardi was such a disaster with his playcalling it's unbelievable. Calling 5-7 step drop backs out of center, combined with a overly complicated playbook for rookie offensive lineman had Stafford getting killed before the 3rd drop back step.

No more substituting RBs every play and disrupting the flow of the offense.

Now our offense is similar to what we had under Scott Linehan. I don't think I saw more than 5 passes out of center, everything has been under pistol or shotgun formation.

Combine that with quick screen passes to playmakers like Golden Tate or throwing it up to Megatron out of shotgun like we used to do.

Get the ball in playmakers hands and let the playmakers make plays. Stafford did not have time nor the running game under Lombardi's offense to do anything.

Seriously though credit to Matthew Stafford, Megatron, Golden Tate, Ziggy Ansah, Darius Slay, Theo Riddick, Ameer Abdullah and the whole Lions team. Stafford did not demand a trade after being benched. He's come out, focused on his game, filtered out all the media nonsense and has played better than Aaron Rodgers these last 4 games.

The team could've folded and started throwing each other under the bus like what's happening in the Dallas or Philly locker rooms but this team has stuck together. That says a lot about the young team we have.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
kas you're fat and your team has no Super Bowl wins.

Those Raiders Super Bowls in the 70s are about as meaningful as the Detroit Lions Championships in the 1950's.

The Raiders have been largely irrelevant the last 25-30 years.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400791636

Derek Carr: 13/25, 169 Yards, 0 TDs

Derek Carr at best will be a Alex Smith game managing QB. He doesn't possess the arm strength, acumen, leadership or God given talent to be a QB like Matthew Stafford.

Just my personal observations but Carr will be a journeyman QB in a few seasons like Ryan Fitzpatrick or Kyle Orton.

He doesn't have the vision or arm strength to even glimpse into Stafford window.

squicken

kas, I am happy for you. But in back to back weeks Winston and Stafford have thrown for 5 TDs vs Philly. So either those two have announced their arrival at the top of the QB heap or the Eagles are bitch made and you don't really know anything about Winston and Stafford other than they can take advantage of a prostrate defense

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
kas, I am happy for you. But in back to back weeks Winston and Stafford have thrown for 5 TDs vs Philly. So either those two have announced their arrival at the top of the QB heap or the Eagles are bitch made and you don't really know anything about Winston and Stafford other than they can take advantage of a prostrate defense

Difference is Stafford has proven himself since he's been a rookie taking over the worst team in NFL history. The guy is a seasoned vet at 27 years old. Stafford has seen it all in his young career. The Eagles had a garbage defense today but Stafford has been playing at a high level for years now.

Marcus Mariotta threw 4 TDs in his first game but both are rookies. Let's see them drop numbers for 5 years like Stafford has consistently. Jameis throwing 5 TDs is also impressive but let's see these guys do this for 5 years and playing with the stupid pressure the media and fans give Stafford.

Stafford is on pace to break Peyton Manning's passing record and has broken a ton of records already including 19 4th Quarter game winning drives.

Give Stafford at least 3 seconds to throw the ball and some semblance of a running game and look what he does.

Plus this fact is undeniable: neither Winston, Carr or Mariotta have anywhere near the arm Stafford has.

Everyone saw those perfect spirals Stafford was needling into double coverage or over DBs shoulders today. Winston, Carr, Mariotta will never be able to make those throws. You can't coach that.

Those Raiders Super Bowls in the 70s are about as meaningful as the Detroit Lions Championships in the 1950's.

The Raiders have been largely irrelevant the last 25-30 years.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400791636

Derek Carr: 13/25, 169 Yards, 0 TDs

Derek Carr at best will be a Alex Smith game managing QB. He doesn't possess the arm strength, acumen, leadership or God given talent to be a QB like Matthew Stafford.

Just my personal observations but Carr will be a journeyman QB in a few seasons like Ryan Fitzpatrick or Kyle Orton.

He doesn't have the vision or arm strength to even glimpse into Stafford window.

i'm not in the biz of defending the raiders but the lions have been largely (and by largely, i mean completely and totally) irrelevant since like 1957. i'm sorry kas :(

i hope the lions make the playoffs and win the superbowl so you may find peace brother

You really think you guys have a shot at beating the 49ers?
A few weeks ago I thought that was the only sure win on the schedule. Now that we're playing better I'm even more confident about it.

The Packers are struggling but I don't expect us to beat them on Thursday. I could also see us losing to the Rams and being out gunned by the Saints. I'd rather lose some games than go 9-7 and still miss the playoffs. I want to ensure Caldwell is gone come January...

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
i'm not in the biz of defending the raiders but the lions have been largely (and by largely, i mean completely and totally) irrelevant since like 1957. i'm sorry kas :(

i hope the lions make the playoffs and win the superbowl so you may find peace brother

Oh, I know we have. But we've been more relevant the last 15 years and have a far better group of young talent going forward than the Raiders do, starting at the most important position, Quarterback.

A few weeks ago I thought that was the only sure win on the schedule. Now that we're playing better I'm even more confident about it.

The Packers are struggling but I don't expect us to beat them on Thursday. I could also see us losing to the Rams and being out gunned by the Saints. I'd rather lose some games than go 9-7 and still miss the playoffs. I want to ensure Caldwell is gone come January...

I don't think we're losing to the Rams but the Saints game is the toughest on our remaining schedule no doubt.

Fire Caldwell, promote Teryl Austin to HC and keep Jim Bob Cooter as OC. Austin will be a head coach elsewhere soon enough anyway.

Mrbob

Would be nice if the lions get to 8-7 with a playoff shot on the line. Then lose their last game in Chicago to get knocked out. Best case scenario for maximum pain.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Would be nice if the lions get to 8-7 with a playoff shot on the line. Then lose their last game in Chicago to get knocked out. Best case scenario for maximum pain.

If they actually missed the playoffs by one game than that MNF screwjob is something that Lions fans will never let go of. At least unlike their playoff loss last season they'd have a real point.

Man Kas must be on some really, really good drugs to dump on Derek Carr like that. Carr is probably going to have a better, longer career than Fat Stafford.

Spinluck

CUyuRt_WwAANG4Y.jpg

This was caught right? I didn't see much of the game. Was just checking the live feed from my phone. Did the team let Aaron down again?

Playoffs Peyton has more legitimate Superbowls then Tom Brady.

Hahahahahaha

Honest to god, I didn't think I could have any less respect for you to begin with, but then I saw your thread.

Peyton was part of an 18 point comeback against the Pats in the 06 AFCC.

We will be rotting in the ground before Aaron leads something like that.

You are still not far off, but how the fuck Rodgers? *Brett Favre chuckles*

I knew you were gonna bring up that game....

Either way, fuck Rodgers

Hammer24

Banned
Good morning overfed friends!
In my turkey induced near coma I wasn´t sure: were this real games yesterday or some kind of Madden esports coverage?

Bread

Banned
Tabris is the person everyone worries about becoming, deep down. Old and out of touch, getting rejected by beautiful woman every day, can't get it up, idolizing the Manning's.

Pray for Tabris

Vs. Green Bay W

@ Rams W

@ Saints W

Vs. 49ers W

@ Bears W

In Cooter We Trust

Bitch, Sean Mannion is going to show Fatford who the real best QB under 30 is.

It's neither of them :(

Also, I just ventured into that Tabris thread and :jnc

Shopping? Fashion Shows? You listed a bunch of shit which is so interminably dull that it makes me look forward to my Land Law lectures next week.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
No real beef with Tabris personally. I think the responses in his thread pretty much sum up most of my feelings on all that better than I could. His thread overall reads like an Onion article.

Y'all know that I'm in my mid 30s and the vacation to go sit on the beach, have BBQ, drink some beers, and watch television sounds amazing even without kids. I think that's just more preferences changing with age and I don't give a fuck what kinds of stories I can tell later.

Edit: I also hate football and hope the packers miss the playoffs. This team is obviously the worst in the Rodgers era so let's get a draft pick that doesn't suck and restock a bit.

It's not a question of having any beef, I haven't chatted with the guy at all on here but he deserves ridicule after trying to disparage chilling at the beach and then writing 500 words to say "I went to a restaurant and some celebrity I'd never heard of came in".

If he wants to do that shit then cool, more power to him but don't try and call other people out for doing what they want to do just because their interests are different. Because then everyone else is well within their rights to point out that he's the 30 year old version of the college freshman who buys a guitar as a prop to fool young girls into thinking he's interesting.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It's not a question of having any beef, I haven't chatted with the guy at all on here but he deserves ridicule after trying to disparage chilling at the beach and then writing 500 words to say "I went to a restaurant and some celebrity I'd never heard of came in".

If he wants to do that shit then cool, more power to him but don't try and call other people out for doing what they want to do just because their interests are different. Because then everyone else is well within their rights to point out that he's the 30 year old version of the college freshman who buys a guitar as a prop to fool young girls into thinking he's interesting.

Oh sure he definitely deserves the backlash for being a total douche.

And to me he just reminds me of an older version of Konka. That college kid who went to Europe for the first time and won't shut the fuck up about it.

Honestly if I want to hear "interesting stories", I'd go visit a nursing home. I find what old people have to say far more fascinating than whatever self indulgence a wealthy 30 year old is getting into.

Top Bottom