• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 12 |OT| - A Fraud is Thankful

It's not fair to say the defense didn't show up vs MIA. They forced a safety, and but for a deflected pass TD, hold on for a win.
I think the two turning points in the year were Hicks getting hurt and Sanchez's red zone INT vs MIA.

It's crazy to think how much Hicks meant to the defense. He is the only MLB worth a damn. Kiko is all sorts of bad, Ryans got old and Kendricks I think has Maxwell-Murray Disease. They cannot stop the run now and have no one to help on underneath routes

But the Sanchez INT vs MIA killed the team's soul. They were still fighting until that play. If he just throws it away they take a lead with a FG. Since then they have been brutal. The point differential with Bradford was +35, w/Sanchez -63. He doesn't play defense, but it speaks to the relative effort being given when each one has been in at QB

Chip has to do something about the effort. He can deny it all he wants be he has quitters on his team; the two biggest being Murray and Maxwell. It's going to take some guts and humility for him to admit his two big FA signings were bad, but it will also show he has no sacred cows.

The beat guys are kinda sorta hinting around Peters not being as hurt as he says but until there is more there it's hard to say. How was he Reid's last year?

That's a lot of dead flesh to cut away. And All of it brought in by Chip.

Lest we forget, Chip won a power struggle with Roseman for this GM job. Is just having humility about it going to be enough?

Happy Capitalism Day!

tumblr_n2jzooiY4s1tvyxvwo1_500.gif

I have more Panthers Disrespect!

This time its sent from the Panthers to their doubters tho. Namely Dez

Josh Norman: Cowboys should get the money they paid Dez Bryant back

Norman and Bryant spent plenty of time jawing at each other during the game, including during Kurt Coleman’s early interception return for a touchdown, and Norman was flagged for an extended celebration of knocking a ball away from Bryant in the end zone in the second half.

After the game Norman explained that his saltiness toward Bryant was fueled by what the Dallas wideout said about him to his teammates in the secondary.

“They came back, told me, I put my thinking cap on and I went to work,” Norman said, via the Dallas Morning News. “I went to a dark place. I went to the bat cave. I went Dark Knight on him. The thing is, the crazy thing about all that is, he started from the first play and after that, it was nothing. There’s no pact between lions and men between the white lines. None. And if my intensity is all out four quarters and the other opponent is not, that’s not my fault.”

Video of Interview Here

They came back, told me, I put my thinking cap on and I went to work,” Norman said, via the Dallas Morning News. “I went to a dark place. I went to the bat cave. I went Dark Knight on him. The thing is, the crazy thing about all that is, he started from the first play and after that, it was nothing. There’s no pact between lions and men between the white lines.

Hope he doesn't get tested any tine soon because these are the ravings of a lunatic

Oh sure he definitely deserves the backlash for being a total douche.

And to me he just reminds me of an older version of Konka. That college kid who went to Europe for the first time and won't shut the fuck up about it.

Honestly if I want to hear "interesting stories", I'd go visit a nursing home. I find what old people have to say far more fascinating than whatever self indulgence a wealthy 30 year old is getting into.

Where's Konka anyway? Was he permed?

All this talk about bringing in TO, when nobody is talking about bringing in John Cena. Can't see any downside there.

Cena wishes he had the charisma of Hogan..

Happy Capitalism Day!

tumblr_n2jzooiY4s1tvyxvwo1_500.gif

I have more Panthers Disrespect!

This time its sent from the Panthers to their doubters tho. Namely Dez

Josh Norman: Cowboys should get the money they paid Dez Bryant back

Video of Interview Here

Damn..

Chip is learning Talent>Scheme in the NFL, the hard way..

Yup.. GM Chip fucked Coach Chip and both will be fired.

Burn this motherfucker to the ground..

Go Ravens!! Nothing stops our quest for number one..

Cardale , we comin for you!!

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 40m40 minutes ago
As of late night, #Cowboys officials were adamant Tony Romo's tests were inconclusive. Not giving up (slim) hope for a return. CT scan today

Even if the Cowboys had a half a chance of making the playoffs (which I mean never say never in that division, but they pretty have to run the table and hope the Gigantes implode at this point), why risk it for Romo at this point?

Jerruh making him come back too soon to make it in time for Thanksgiving got him hurt again in the first place. Do you really want to rush him back twice in one season? Especially if he's going to throw the ball over the yard like he did yesterday?

brentech

Win or lose last night, the Packers aren't a team that can compete at a high level, so whatever.
But man, James Jones dropping the TD in the endzone and Adams dropping everything including letting that last ball go right through his hands is the summation of the Packers receiving corp this year.
Rodgers has had some bad games, no doubt, but the receivers had the ball in their hands and let it go far too many times the last two games.

Maybe Jordy used to supply stickum

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Kinda funny how many teams have trouble catching this year. Think the Texans have the most dropped. Just after deflategate too? Coincidence? The Cheats are up to something.

Crisco

Banned
On the flip side, Panthers receivers are playing much better as of late. Had a couple catchable balls yesterday that should have been TDs, but from the GB game on they've really been playing well. Still the weakest point on the roster though.

Hope he doesn't get tested any tine soon because these are the ravings of a lunatic

Josh Norman is a different dude. That country craziness makes him great at his job though...

Speaking of different dudes, I present to you, maybe one of the few pictures ever of one Gregory Hardy cracking a smile.

CU0ViG7UsAA7Gnm.jpg

It's clear based off of the postgame yesterday that Hardy still has love for his former teammates in Carolina and the teammates still have love for him. It's no secret that some in the locker room campaigned for the Panthers to resign him in the offseason even after all of the DV stuff. Even with all the baggage and bullshit, they had his back.

I honestly think Gettleman would have let him walk even had the Holder incident never happened though. I don't think he was willing to commit the type of money to a pass rusher long term that Hardy was commanding. He picked Kony Ealy with his 2nd pick in the 2014 Draft, publicly saying it was for DE depth, but it was always going to be to replace Hardy. And based off of yesterday's game (and the rest of the season before it), Getts got it right even just on the field. Kony Ealy got his fifth sack of the year playing just as a situational pass rusher. Greg Hardy has been a loud non-factor for the Cowboys.

squicken

Chip is learning Talent>Scheme in the NFL, the hard way..

I still remember Reid's Eagles quitting on him. And he's back to being a good coach in KC. I don't know if there is something about the Philly market or it's just the perils of missing badly in the draft and FA. But I have no idea what is in store for the Eagles or Chip.

People keep talking about college but he never liked that stuff. Belichick would hate recruiting and all the media obligations that come with the job too. It's not for everyone.

I still remember Reid's Eagles quitting on him. And he's back to being a good coach in KC. I don't know if there is something about the Philly market or it's just the perils of missing badly in the draft and FA. But I have no idea what is in store for the Eagles or Chip.

People keep talking about college but he never liked that stuff. Belichick would hate recruiting and all the media obligations that come with the job too. It's not for everyone.

Eagles Quit on Reid after he was the 3rd (?) longest tenured coach in the league, not 3 seasons like with Chip, they are not at all comparable.

squicken

Eagles Quit on Reid after he was the 3rd (?) longest tenured coach in the league, not 3 seasons like with Chip, they are not at all comparable.

Chip was 20-12 his first two years. He isn't Joe Philbin. I still think he's going to one day be a very good coach in the NFL. But that's one of those things that can take 5-10 years to ever work itself out. He killed himself with personnel errors. He flubbed the draft and and missed on retaining and acquiring big money free agents

And like I said, he has to prove himself now. If he thinks nothing is wrong then he really isn't capable of being a good coach. He can't lose like this and think he still has a locker room united to a common cause

Chip was 20-12 his first two years. He isn't Joe Philbin. I still think he's going to one day be a very good coach in the NFL. But that's one of those things that can take 5-10 years to ever work itself out. He killed himself with personnel errors. He flubbed the draft and and missed on retaining and acquiring big money free agents

And like I said, he has to prove himself now. If he thinks nothing is wrong then he really isn't capable of being a good coach. He can't lose like this and think he still has a locker room united to a common cause

I honestly think he's past the point of no return with the Eagles. These are his personnel hires that are quitting on him, personnel that he gambled the future on with, and can't win on the field with. Both GM Chip and Coach Chip are fucking up, and neither problem is immediately solvable.

The only thing that could possibly save Chip from being fired is the Eagles financial commitment to him, assuming of course he doesn't take the coward's way out and run back to a college program.

squicken

I honestly think he's past the point of no return with the Eagles. These are his personnel hires that are quitting on him, personnel that he gambled the future on with, and can't win on the field with. Both GM Chip and Coach Chip are fucking up, and neither problem is immediately solvable.

The only thing that could possibly save Chip from being fired is the Eagles financial commitment to him, assuming of course he doesn't take the coward's way out and run back to a college program.

Barnwell has something up just now which is more or less my thoughts on Chip
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...phia-eagles-coach-gm-talent-fair-question-nfl
In truth, it's tough to really judge any head coach without seeing what he can do with a competent quarterback. It's also true that we're -- both fans and league decision-makers alike -- really awful at figuring out whether head coaches are any good. Virtually every current top coach, as I've mentioned in the past, was let go ignominiously by a pro team in the past. The Browns ran Bill Belichick out of town. The Patriots dumped Pete Carroll to bring Belichick in years later. The Bears let Ron Rivera go because he wanted to interview with teams. Heck, the Panthers were about to fire Rivera before 2013. The Steelers forced Bruce Arians into retirement. Even if the Eagles fire Kelly, it wouldn't be proof that he (or his concepts) don't work in the NFL.

As a general manager, though? Kelly's first offseason was so distinct and so disastrous that you could make a credible case that he doesn't deserve a second go. Remember, it's not as though Kelly made a series of universally acclaimed moves that failed to work out. These were acquisitions with warts that were obvious at the time in March. Bradford didn't fit Kelly's scheme. Maxwell was a massive overpay coming from a cornerback's dream home. Murray was a massive case of paying for the outlier. These were all bad ideas before the ink was dry.

The backfire in Tabris' thread fuels me.

It's amazing.

I'm sure Jesus takes toilet selfies too.

How would you know? You are a goddamned communist heathen. Damn Euro.. :)

David basically did though.. And stole a guy's pants while he took a shit. (The guy, not David.)

The hockey bastards are trying to pawn sole custody on us of Tabris.. We need to make sure he becomes a ward of the state.

RBH

What did you guys get for Black Friday?

I ended up getting nothing (as usual). :)

But I saw the Microsoft Surface Book for the first time and was very impressed. Not enough to let go of my MacBook Air, but still impressed nonetheless.

Drakeon

But I saw the Microsoft Surface Book for the first time and was very impressed. Not enough to let go of my MacBook Air, but still impressed nonetheless.

MGS 5 for $28 (after GCU at Bestbuy online), still waffling on whether or not to get divinity original sin enhanced edition for ps4. I want Tomb Raider, but have yet to find any deals on it.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
=/ Seems like a waste to talk about the guy. Either he is a troll or just incapable of understanding he has a problem so nothing said to him really matters or he loves the attention.

Anyway, think I might look for an SSD.

Gears of war ultimate. Monitoring deals but nothing so far. Almost bought transformers devastation last night but cancelled my order last minute

Destiny taken king, majoras mask 3d, witcher 3, god of war 3 ps4.

Going out for more today.

Godslay

Banned
Him making a goddamn clown of himself just further proves what a dumpster fuck trust fund baby he is.

He's lunchbox without being a good guy and without being funny.

I've never really read anything he's been involved in outside of this thread. With that said he's been cordial to me here.

After reading through that thread, it almost feels like it's a total different person than the one I interacted with here.

Very strange.

I've never really read anything he's been involved in outside of this thread. With that said he's been cordial to me here.

After reading through that thread, it almost feels like it's a total different person than the one I interacted with here.

Very strange.

Peyton tanking broke him. He had all these excuses for why "no actually he's still great", they all went to ash, and he has nothing left. So his brain hit Reset, and this is what we get now

Spinluck

There's a GAF defense force for people who take really deceiving pics and practically lie about their physical appearance on dating sites.

jbug617

Banned

Gears UE, The Witcher 3, MGS V, Onechanbara from PSN sale and Dragon Quest Heroes from Amazon price mistake.

Godslay

Banned
Peyton tanking broke him. He had all these excuses for why "no actually he's still great", they all went to ash, and he has nothing left. So his brain hit Reset, and this is what we get now

To be fair I struggled with it as well. There is always that voice in the back of your head saying what if he heals up and comes back and plays well? Or he'll get it figured out next game.

It's still there, but I think watching through the games he played this year really make it more of a dream scenario than anything that will happen.

I'm fine with turning the page at this point, even if we struggle. Love the work PM did for the Broncos, but at the same time glad we don't have to hear the normal baggage associated with him.

Top Bottom