• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 12 |OT| - A Fraud is Thankful

squicken

Fox is conservative for sure, but they've got a nice little coaching staff there in Chicago with Gase and Fangio. Not sure how long they'll all stick together, and clearly Cutler isn't going to win you a Super Bowl (he's too inconsistent), but if their GM can get a decent draft then they can make some noise in North.

Funny thing about Fangio; with both Jim Mora and Dom Capers, their reluctance to fire him in Indy and Houston hastened their departures. Another coach that has been been brilliant to awful and back again

Faroq! Good to see you back. Sorry about your boy.

Farooq

Banned
Funny thing about Fangio; with both Jim Mora and Dom Capers, their reluctance to fire him in Indy and Houston hastened their departures. Another coach that has been been brilliant to awful and back again

Faroq! Good to see you back. Sorry about your boy.

NFL-GAF is a drug, someone posted I would be back, he was right.

Yea, the football gods have not been kind. I only wish Weeden was here to deliver the promise of a top 3 pick.

I posted when the schedule came out that Thursday games are tough for Tony and I already anticipated a loss. He can't practice 3 days in a row because of his back, how is he going to prepare for a game in 4 days? He had 3 ints against the Eagles last thanksgiving as well. Panther employed a lot of trap coverage. Baited him into 2 interceptions at least. Shouldn't have surprised Romo, that is what the Panthers do. Still, he was physically limited, and not mentally sharp.

It's time to build for the future. Although part of me hopes they trade back and compile picks for a final run at the title. There will be a lot of talent in the top 10 (apart from the QBs) however, so giving up a impact player might not be the best idea as well.

Line_HTX

Jets and Dolphins kick themselves into a 0-0 tie. Then the whole planet will laugh at them for being like the English Premiere League.

Could say the same thing to you!

I guess somebody has to win

or tie

Jets season was over once Fitz got injured. Honestly would rather see Geno at QB just to get the run game going.

The dolphins will be up 21-19 in the 4th and the game will go into overtime with a Tannehill safety followed by consecutive 3 and outs until the game ends in a tie

As Romo lay on the field this Thursday, I turned to the Bible for guidance, it provided me a path for what I needed. I have decided to come out of my self imposed exile to post it.

Jared Goff future. Quoted text is from Bill Walsh's book Finding the Winning Edge, AKA The Coaching Bible.

Welcome back brother! And yeah Romo is cooked. Can't stay healthy.

TheFatOne

Does he have anything left even?

I think he may be done with his injury history. A lot changes after an injury at his age plus he'll be a year older next season.

This is the million dollar question right now. Who knows. Either way they have to take get a qb either through the draft, by trade, or by free agency. I wonder what's his contract situation though. Wonder what the ramifications would be if they cut Romo either next year or the year after.

Farooq

Banned
FAROOQ! Back from detox, now to pollute your football soul once more.

Yes. Leaving this thread was too hard, I couldn't do it. Anyway, I'll have more time for draft prospects. The draft has always been the best time of the year for me, the unbridled optimism and hope for the future. No need to face the reality of shitty coaching decisions*, injuries and the team not being as talented as initially thought. Soon I'll have to face the reality that the Cowboys wasted the career of a good QB. I love the draft because I don't have to deal with that shit.

*Garrett is down 20...Garrett elects to kick a field goal to still make it a 3 score game? I guess those 2 yards are insurmountable.

Look forward to your posts though.

Welcome back brother! And yeah Romo is cooked. Can't stay healthy.

Thanks man. Yea, broken bones can't really be prevented but I do wonder if Romo has an underlying condition like Hyperparathyroidism that affects the density of his bones. Are calcium and PTH levels checked when conducting NFL physicals? I am only half kidding.

cdyhybrid

I think most coaches in the NFL are actually good coaches. It's just that there's a lot more to succeeding in the NFL than being a good coach (a lot of it that is out of their control).

Yea, the football gods have not been kind. I only wish Weeden was here to deliver the promise of a top 3 pick.

Cassel can deliver. Believe in Cassel.

Thanks man. Yea, broken bones can't really be prevented but I do wonder if Romo has an underlying condition like Hyperparathyroidism that affects the density of his bones. Are calcium and PTH levels checked when conducting NFL physicals? I am only half kidding.

I've actually thought of that. Seems the majority of Romo's injuries are of that variety. Though perhaps he has checked and wants to keep it on the low - I doubt that's something you would want to disclose to NFL defenses.

Either way if I was him I would be ODing on calcium pills. Or are they against the CBA?

Striker

Just dont see it. Giants defensive line isn't what it was during their Super Bowl seasons, and their receivers are Beckham plus a bunch of dudes. Those upsets in the past weren't accidents, the Giants had very talented rosters. Not this year.
The 2011 squad was practically Eli, Nicks, Cruz (who was in his second official season), and JPP. Guys like Osi and Tuck weren't every-day starters because Osi was a liability against the run and Tuck's wheels were falling off. Throw in a non existent run game, although the OL is much better now given Pugh and Richburg are healthy. The WR's and TE position is bothersome I do agree about that, and if JPP had two hands, etc.

It's Carolina and Arizonas' spots to lose.

Top Bottom