• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 12 |OT| - A Fraud is Thankful

Usually when I see meals like this it's inside a trailer house on a domestic violence call.

Is that what they eat in Wisconsin?

7c32aaa23f34a147a840d609856e0c94.jpg

Einstein Brothers?

squicken

Finished Man in the High Castle. It's good but not must-watch. Most interesting thing about it are some of the "protagonists". There's no way something like this even makes it to HBO. I hope we get more risky programming like this as more providers are out there pushing content

MRSA

Banned
Finished Man in the High Castle. It's good but not must-watch. Most interesting thing about it are some of the "protagonists". There's no way something like this even makes it to HBO. I hope we get more risky programming like this as more providers are out there pushing content

Is it better than Jessica Jones? Because that was garbage, Krysten Ritter while hot is a terrible actress.

Tom Penny

That suck i was going to waych it. Guess ill do Fargo season 2 and retry penny dreadful

squicken

Is it better than Jessica Jones? Because that was garbage, Krysten Ritter while hot is a terrible actress.

I have no interest in ever seeing that show so I can't tell you. I've tried to watch the TV superhero stuff but it just doesn't work for me. Pretty certain it is an old thing

I have no interest in ever seeing that show so I can't tell you. I've tried to watch the TV superhero stuff but it just doesn't work for me. Pretty certain it is an old thing

Watch Daredevil.. Seriously.. If you will continue to read shitty Grossi without heeding BG's and my own words.. Fine. But give Daredevil a try.

Slo

Let's share the moments that caused each of us as individuals to feel for him.

Mine was the off-brand ramen noodles

Generic ramen? So let me get this straight. There's at least one company out there that said "ramen is great and all, but the problem is you're overpaying for the name !"

That's so BG.

squicken

Watch Daredevil.. Seriously.. If you will continue to read shitty Grossi without heeding BG's and my own words.. Fine. But give Daredevil a try.

That or Narcos are my next shows to try. Though I gave Arrow multiple tries and it never took

As far as Man in High Castle, it gets lots of good reviews. I stayed away from all the hype and only saw the trailers, so I had no expectations. I won't just keep watching a show if I don't like it, and MiHC made me want to move on to the next episode every time I finished the previous one, so that's something

LJ11

Is cornerback the hardest position in the league to hit on in the draft besides QB? It seems the league is starved for good ones.

It's up there. Rules in CFB are different, you can grab more before the throw. I know squicken mentioned FS/S, but that might be a supply problem. If we look at Alabama for example, their corners have been garbage in the NFL, and they love playing single high press man. Bama Safeties have gone high in the draft, but how much range do they need in the SEC playing against those god awful QBs? Other teams just play a lot of two deep and all its variations, don't need a true center fielder if you're playing that way. Another issue is the tweener, guys that can run are just moved to LB. Thompkins for the Panthers is a good example, running back, to safety, to LB. You need athletes to chase down these shallow crossers. Mark Barron was a guy I thought would be better served playing LB in the NFL, played LB on passing downs, but somehow got in the top ten as a S.

CB is a tough position, some teams coach them up better, but you can say that about other positions as well. Some teams are incapable of putting together offensive lines or WR core, while other have no issue at all. Ronald Darby was smoked all game by Martavis Bryant in preseason, I'm like this kid is done, his confidence looked shot, and teams came out throwing at him because he was an easy target. Darby has been amazing, even when you catch a ball on him you're covered, he's been nuts, but the kid works hard which brings me to my last point. A lot of times we laugh when commentators bring up veteran presence, but you need vets to get the young guys up to speed. Darby has a bunch of proven NFL DBs on the roster to learn from. Contrast that with Watkins, no established vet at WR, no one to really learn from. Another factor why some teams just fail to develop talent, when you have trash around young players they tend to rot as well.

Edit: I thought Daredevil was a great comedy, Netflix has some good ones, intentional or not. Got done with the new Aziz show, hilariously bad, so forced. Maybe I'm getting to old.

Narag

Generic ramen? So let me get this straight. There's at least one company out there that said "ramen is great and all, but the problem is you're overpaying for the name !"

That's so BG.

Come over next week, we can watch arrow together.
We can eat Bamon noodles together. The B isn't a mistype, that's what I bought from the dollar store yesterday.

I still marvel at this post of his every time I see it.

squicken

It's up there. Rules in CFB are different, you can grab more before the throw. I know squicken mentioned FS/S, but that might be a supply problem. If we look at Alabama for example, their corners have been garbage in the NFL, and they love playing single high press man. Bama Safeties have gone high in the draft, but how much range do they need in the SEC playing against those god awful QBs? .

I think the best way to get a good FS is convert a CB with good ball skills who just isn't quite fast enough. The Rams are actually listing Barron as a LB now. He took over Ogletree's position

Good point about the vet presence. I just don't know if that always works. The Rams have tried EVERYTHING to fix their OL. Drafting high. Mid rounds. FAs. Developmental guys. Nothing works. They never stay healthy unless they suck

LJ11

I think the best way to get a good FS is convert a CB with good ball skills who just isn't quite fast enough. The Rams are actually listing Barron as a LB now. He took over Ogletree's position

Good point about the vet presence. I just don't know if that always works. The Rams have tried EVERYTHING to fix their OL. Drafting high. Mid rounds. FAs. Developmental guys. Nothing works. They never stay healthy unless they suck
Yeah, some of the better FS are/have been cornerback conversions. And vet presence isn't a panacea, but it certainly helps, unless the vets are selfish malcontents like Manning.

You can make some really good food for really cheap...I don't understand struggle food. Pork shoulder will feed for days and isn't expensive at all for example.

You can make some really good food for really cheap...I don't understand struggle food. Pork shoulder will feed for days and isn't expensive at all for example.

People are just lazy or in Spins case, can't cook. Even when I had very little money I still managed to eat healthy quality food, you just have to try.

Brah you can't say that and then hold out. Likes like what I did as a kid.

"Hey I just thought of something!"

"What?"

"Nevermind"

People are just lazy or in Spins case, can't cook. Even when I had very little money I still managed to eat healthy quality food, you just have to try.

Yeah...I mean potatoes are cheap, onions are cheap, bananas are cheap, pasta is cheap, chicken thigh is cheap, whole chicken is even cheaper. Vinegar is really cheap, as is flour...I'm done.

Slo

I can buy fresh chicken quarters for $0.99/lb. Frozen chicken nuggets can't be had for that.

Top Bottom