• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 12 |OT| - A Fraud is Thankful

squicken

re2pect-0137jsz8.gif

Yeah, some of the better FS are/have been cornerback conversions. And vet presence isn't a panacea, but it certainly helps, unless the vets are selfish malcontents like Manning.

MRSA

Banned
Yeah, some of the better FS are/have been cornerback conversions. And vet presence isn't a panacea, but it certainly helps, unless the vets are selfish malcontents like Manning.

Tebow bless Charles Woodson

Why didn't Champ Bailey convert to FS other than pride?

Godslay

Banned

He was in meetings with Brock this week.

Supposedly helped him with some stuff he thought Belichick would do.

Could be a trap though.

It's up there. Rules in CFB are different, you can grab more before the throw. I know squicken mentioned FS/S, but that might be a supply problem. If we look at Alabama for example, their corners have been garbage in the NFL, and they love playing single high press man. Bama Safeties have gone high in the draft, but how much range do they need in the SEC playing against those god awful QBs? Other teams just play a lot of two deep and all its variations, don't need a true center fielder if you're playing that way. Another issue is the tweener, guys that can run are just moved to LB. Thompkins for the Panthers is a good example, running back, to safety, to LB. You need athletes to chase down these shallow crossers. Mark Barron was a guy I thought would be better served playing LB in the NFL, played LB on passing downs, but somehow got in the top ten as a S.

CB is a tough position, some teams coach them up better, but you can say that about other positions as well. Some teams are incapable of putting together offensive lines or WR core, while other have no issue at all. Ronald Darby was smoked all game by Martavis Bryant in preseason, I'm like this kid is done, his confidence looked shot, and teams came out throwing at him because he was an easy target. Darby has been amazing, even when you catch a ball on him you're covered, he's been nuts, but the kid works hard which brings me to my last point. A lot of times we laugh when commentators bring up veteran presence, but you need vets to get the young guys up to speed. Darby has a bunch of proven NFL DBs on the roster to learn from. Contrast that with Watkins, no established vet at WR, no one to really learn from. Another factor why some teams just fail to develop talent, when you have trash around young players they tend to rot as well.

Edit: I thought Daredevil was a great comedy, Netflix has some good ones, intentional or not. Got done with the new Aziz show, hilariously bad, so forced. Maybe I'm getting to old.

Good point on the veteran presence. I think that's in part why Cortez Allen fell off a cliff - confidence was shot and had nobody to help build him back up.

Loved DD until half way through when he
met the blind guy.
haven't been back yet. Netflix needs to learn how to make shows that don't ramble.

squicken

Rockets already lost to the Nets and are losing to the 76ers. I know what a star player looks like, and James Harden is not a star

rando14

Hello Gregory

I hope you had an amazing Thanksgiving!! (Not talking about the game I mean the holiday and family and food)

Hmmm that gives me an idea

Next year I should make wings for Thanksgiving!! Greg come on over!!

Top Bottom