• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 12 |OT| - A Fraud is Thankful

Mindlog

Yeah, but he's the poster child for smash mouth football in an age of player safety.
Player safety and short week games without scheduling the bye week in between because reasons.

Joei

For those that may be questioning the Browns decision, someone posted this on a Facebook feed that I think details his experience in Cleveland. I was interested to see how he would play the rest of the season, being a Cleveland fan and all, but am not at all shocked this happened and frankly didn't even want them to draft him.

Feb. 14, 2014 -- Before the draft, Manziel said many things about Johnny Football being gone and taking his job seriously.

May 9 -- Manziel texted the Browns during the draft and urged the team to take him so they could “wreck this league” together. After being taken 22nd overall, Manziel did his money sign as he walked on stage.

May 10 -- After the draft, Manziel partied the night away with magnums of champagne and celebrities.

May 26 -- Manziel appeared in several online photos in Vegas during a down time in the team's offseason work.

June 10 -- The infamous photo was taken of him on the floating swan with a bottle of champagne.

June 16 -- The “money phone” video appeared.

June 27 -- At the rookie symposium, Manziel spoke with the media and said he would not change his life for anybody.

July 4 -- A photo of Manziel rolling money into a small tube in a Vegas bathroom appeared.

July 25 -- The Browns admit they were “alarmed” by some of Manziel’s behavior.

July 26 -- The Browns called Manziel in the day before training camp and spoke pointedly to him about his off-field habits. Owner Jimmy Haslam said the team “expects better from him.”

Aug. 14 -- Manziel was late for a training camp meeting, saying he “misread the schedule.”

Aug. 18 -- Manziel extended his middle finger to the Redskins' bench in a nationally televised game, for which he was fined $12,500.

Aug. 20 -- Brian Hoyer was named the starter and Manziel admitted to not being ready.

Nov. 22 -- There was a lobby incident/fight between Manziel, a friend and a fan Manziel described as aggressive and intoxicated. The Browns expressed disappointment at the timing of the incident, at 2:36 a.m. the morning the team was flying to Atlanta for a game.

Dec. 1 -- Manziel replaces Hoyer in Buffalo and runs for a touchdown to end his first drive.

Dec. 12 -- Yahoo! posts a story detailing the crazed lifestyle Manziel had in college, and how he went from being a college player "to Elvis."

Dec. 14 -- Manziel started his first game against Cincinnati and threw for 80 yards as the Browns lost 30-0.

Dec. 21 -- Manziel pulls his hamstring and leaves the game just before halftime in Carolina.

Dec. 23 -- Manziel says he intends to take his job more seriously, that “it’s a job for me now.”

Dec. 27 -- Manziel did not show up for a team walk-through and treatment, with Browns security going to his home to find him. He later admitted to being out the night before.

Dec. 29 -- Manziel says he can't say anything more to prove himself, that he has to put his words into action. The team agrees.

Dec. 30 -- The Instagram video appeared with Manziel wishing LeBron James happy birthday.

Jan. 16, 2015 — Manziel and Josh Gordon spend time in Aspen, Colo.

Jan. 23 — ESPN.com story appears chronicling Manziel’s rocky rookie season.

Jan. 28 — Manziel enters treatment at the Caron Center outside Reading, Pa.

April 11 — Manziel leaves treatment after an extended 10-week stay.

June 1 -- Manziel throws a water bottle at a badgering fan at the AT&T Byron Nelson golf tournament in an incident that was dismissed as "fairly straightforward" by a police spokesman in Irving, Texas.

June 17 — Manziel meets media for the first time, promises to junk the signature “money sign” and says he will do all he can to tamp down the off-field hype.

Aug. 13, 20 -- Manziel has a running and passing TD in each of the first two preseasons games.

Aug. 23 — Manziel leaves practice with elbow soreness. He would miss the final two preseason games.

Sept. 13 — Manziel takes over after Josh McCown leaves the opener with a concussion and has poor results.

Sept. 20 — With McCown out, Manziel throws two long TD passes to Travis Benjamin in the Browns' first win of the season.

Sept. 27 — McCown returns to the starting lineup against Oakland.

Oct. 12 — Manziel is questioned by police after witnesses called reporting he had been driving dangerously on the shoulder. He parks his car in Avon, where his girlfriend tells a witness he had been beating her. Manziel admits to drinking downtown during the day. No charges were filed and the couple was allowed to leave together.

Nov. 5 — Manziel starts for an injured McCown in Cincinnati and struggles in a 31-10 loss.

Nov. 7 — Manziel is honorary captain at Texas A&M and parties that night in College Station. Photos appear on social media early the following week.

Nov. 15 — Manziel starts in Pittsburgh and plays well, throwing for 372 yards in a 30-9 loss.

Nov. 17 — Mike Pettine names Manziel the starter for the rest of the season. In doing so, he tells Manziel he has to live up to the responsibility. Manziel promises he will do nothing the bye week to embarrass the team or the organization. Later that day, the NFL announces Manziel will not be disciplined for the Oct. 12 incident under the league’s Personal Conduct Policy.

Nov. 23 — A video appears online on bustedcoverage.com and TMZ.com showing Manziel singing a hip hop song while holding a bottle that appears to be pink champagne at an Austin, Texas, club. Other photos appear from his Thursday and Friday evenings in Austin.

Nov. 24 — Pettine expresses his disappointment and frustration with Manziel’s actions, then announces he has lost the starting job. Pettine says McCown will start Monday night against Baltimore. Manziel is made the team’s third quarterback.

Godslay

Banned
PFF: Teddy Bridgewater faced pressure on 59.6% of dropbacks against the Packers, the highest percentage of any QB this week.

Looks like Ed Werder was wrong.

jnc

vy6Ubt8.png

I just flipped to Inside the NFL and Marshall is like "I know Fitzpatrick. When his helmet came off. That wasn't brain trauma that's just who he is!"

eznark

Banned
For those that may be questioning the Browns decision, someone posted this on a Facebook feed that I think details his experience in Cleveland. I was interested to see how he would play the rest of the season, being a Cleveland fan and all, but am not at all shocked this happened and frankly didn't even want them to draft him.

Feb. 14, 2014 -- Before the draft, Manziel said many things about Johnny Football being gone and taking his job seriously.

May 9 -- Manziel texted the Browns during the draft and urged the team to take him so they could “wreck this league” together. After being taken 22nd overall, Manziel did his money sign as he walked on stage.

May 10 -- After the draft, Manziel partied the night away with magnums of champagne and celebrities.

May 26 -- Manziel appeared in several online photos in Vegas during a down time in the team's offseason work.

June 10 -- The infamous photo was taken of him on the floating swan with a bottle of champagne.

June 16 -- The “money phone” video appeared.

June 27 -- At the rookie symposium, Manziel spoke with the media and said he would not change his life for anybody.

July 4 -- A photo of Manziel rolling money into a small tube in a Vegas bathroom appeared.

July 25 -- The Browns admit they were “alarmed” by some of Manziel’s behavior.

July 26 -- The Browns called Manziel in the day before training camp and spoke pointedly to him about his off-field habits. Owner Jimmy Haslam said the team “expects better from him.”

Aug. 14 -- Manziel was late for a training camp meeting, saying he “misread the schedule.”

Aug. 18 -- Manziel extended his middle finger to the Redskins' bench in a nationally televised game, for which he was fined $12,500.

Aug. 20 -- Brian Hoyer was named the starter and Manziel admitted to not being ready.

Nov. 22 -- There was a lobby incident/fight between Manziel, a friend and a fan Manziel described as aggressive and intoxicated. The Browns expressed disappointment at the timing of the incident, at 2:36 a.m. the morning the team was flying to Atlanta for a game.

Dec. 1 -- Manziel replaces Hoyer in Buffalo and runs for a touchdown to end his first drive.

Dec. 12 -- Yahoo! posts a story detailing the crazed lifestyle Manziel had in college, and how he went from being a college player "to Elvis."

Dec. 14 -- Manziel started his first game against Cincinnati and threw for 80 yards as the Browns lost 30-0.

Dec. 21 -- Manziel pulls his hamstring and leaves the game just before halftime in Carolina.

Dec. 23 -- Manziel says he intends to take his job more seriously, that “it’s a job for me now.”

Dec. 27 -- Manziel did not show up for a team walk-through and treatment, with Browns security going to his home to find him. He later admitted to being out the night before.

Dec. 29 -- Manziel says he can't say anything more to prove himself, that he has to put his words into action. The team agrees.

Dec. 30 -- The Instagram video appeared with Manziel wishing LeBron James happy birthday.

Jan. 16, 2015 — Manziel and Josh Gordon spend time in Aspen, Colo.

Jan. 23 — ESPN.com story appears chronicling Manziel’s rocky rookie season.

Jan. 28 — Manziel enters treatment at the Caron Center outside Reading, Pa.

April 11 — Manziel leaves treatment after an extended 10-week stay.

June 1 -- Manziel throws a water bottle at a badgering fan at the AT&T Byron Nelson golf tournament in an incident that was dismissed as "fairly straightforward" by a police spokesman in Irving, Texas.

June 17 — Manziel meets media for the first time, promises to junk the signature “money sign” and says he will do all he can to tamp down the off-field hype.

Aug. 13, 20 -- Manziel has a running and passing TD in each of the first two preseasons games.

Aug. 23 — Manziel leaves practice with elbow soreness. He would miss the final two preseason games.

Sept. 13 — Manziel takes over after Josh McCown leaves the opener with a concussion and has poor results.

Sept. 20 — With McCown out, Manziel throws two long TD passes to Travis Benjamin in the Browns' first win of the season.

Sept. 27 — McCown returns to the starting lineup against Oakland.

Oct. 12 — Manziel is questioned by police after witnesses called reporting he had been driving dangerously on the shoulder. He parks his car in Avon, where his girlfriend tells a witness he had been beating her. Manziel admits to drinking downtown during the day. No charges were filed and the couple was allowed to leave together.

Nov. 5 — Manziel starts for an injured McCown in Cincinnati and struggles in a 31-10 loss.

Nov. 7 — Manziel is honorary captain at Texas A&M and parties that night in College Station. Photos appear on social media early the following week.

Nov. 15 — Manziel starts in Pittsburgh and plays well, throwing for 372 yards in a 30-9 loss.

Nov. 17 — Mike Pettine names Manziel the starter for the rest of the season. In doing so, he tells Manziel he has to live up to the responsibility. Manziel promises he will do nothing the bye week to embarrass the team or the organization. Later that day, the NFL announces Manziel will not be disciplined for the Oct. 12 incident under the league’s Personal Conduct Policy.

Nov. 23 — A video appears online on bustedcoverage.com and TMZ.com showing Manziel singing a hip hop song while holding a bottle that appears to be pink champagne at an Austin, Texas, club. Other photos appear from his Thursday and Friday evenings in Austin.

Nov. 24 — Pettine expresses his disappointment and frustration with Manziel’s actions, then announces he has lost the starting job. Pettine says McCown will start Monday night against Baltimore. Manziel is made the team’s third quarterback.

Literally none of this matters. Pettine doesn't think he is good, so he isn't playing.

In the NFL if someone thinks you are talented you can LITERALLY tear open the scrotum of a four year old child and still be praised and paid.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Literally none of this matters. Pettine doesn't think he is good, so he isn't playing.

In the NFL if someone thinks you are talented you can LITERALLY tear open the scrotum of a four year old child and still be praised and paid.

Its weird how they've seemingly done everything in their power from mentioning what he did. I remember the first game back and they kept mentioning his lost season the year before, but that was it, no reasoning, nothing. Instead they heaped praise on how great he is.

.....Do my Jags get a second bye or something...since I can't see how the fuck that would work out.
I can see them playing over there in back to back weeks then getting a bye.

HOF semifinalists:
Morten Andersen
Steve Atwater
Tony Boselli
Isaac Bruce
Don Coryell
Roger Craig
Terrell Davis
Tony Dungy
Alan Faneca
Brett Favre
Kevin Greene
Marvin Harrison
Torry Holt
Joe Jacoby
Edgerrin James
Jimmy Johnson
Mike Kenn
Ty Law
John Lynch
Kevin Mawae
Karl Mecklenburg
Sam Mills
Terrell Owens
Orlando Pace
Kurt Warner

15 finalists rounded down in early January, final class will be revealed day before SB

I would vote in Atwater, Boselli, Owens, Pace, Greene and Favre

HOF semifinalists:
Morten Andersen
Steve Atwater
Tony Boselli
Isaac Bruce
Don Coryell
Roger Craig
Terrell Davis
Tony Dungy
Alan Faneca
Brett Favre
Kevin Greene
Marvin Harrison
Torry Holt
Joe Jacoby
Edgerrin James
Jimmy Johnson
Mike Kenn
Ty Law
John Lynch
Kevin Mawae
Karl Mecklenburg
Sam Mills
Terrell Owens
Orlando Pace
Kurt Warner

15 finalists rounded down in early January, final class will be revealed day before SB
That's an interesting list. Favre and TO are locks, everything else is tough.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
There is no one coach or GM that is the "answer". And that is Miami's problem. They are looking for a quick fix, magically plucking a Belichick out of the Ether rather than controlling the process themselves.

Dolphins need a plan. Hire a GM with the idea that this rebuild is going to take 5 years or more. draft to a philosophy, and stick to it no matter what. Make sure you nail the first and second round pick, even if they are at positions that won't immediately help your team. Get a pipeline of players and depth consistent with the team's selected vision, and STICK TO IT. Fans bitch but these things take time.

Do this and the coach hired is almost inconsequential. Most successful coaches around the league walked into (and likely will leave) a stable organization that will soldier on without them in a slightly altered direction.

The best teams in all the major leagues stick to that philosophy.
do you even watch football? Good lord. The vast majority of organizations are blown up every three to five years.

Off the top of my head the only winning teams that have had the same coach for 5 years or more are:
Ravens
Steelers
Patriots
Giants
Packers

Seriously, what fantasy world are you living in where coaches inherit a good situation and leave (Aka get fired) and it's still a good situation. They wouldn't have been fired if the situation was good.

eznark

Banned
Its weird how they've seemingly done everything in their power from mentioning what he did. I remember the first game back and they kept mentioning his lost season the year before, but that was it, no reasoning, nothing. Instead they heaped praise on how great he is.

Joe Buck is the worst with this. Didn't even say he was suspended. Said that Peterson "unfortunately missed a year on the commissioners exempt list" as though he was hurt or something.

brentech

Joe Buck is the worst with this. Didn't even say he was suspended. Said that Peterson "unfortunately missed a year on the commissioners exempt list" as though he was hurt or something.

I feel like during the packers game he eluded to getting into it later, or maybe he was saying that's a topic of another time...just seems a like a real shit thing to never talk about. I know he's been a better player than Greg Hardy, but dude deserves to be exposed just as much.

Joei

To some degree I agree. And while I think if he showed himself to be a great player then those issues happened, no one would bat an eye. But he hasn't shown himself to be good nor get better and has been a headache during the evaluation process that they had to say enough.

cdyhybrid

Vague, but you're probably right.

Edwerderespn: Rex Ryan defense pressured Tom Brady on 20 of his 40 dropbacks, highest pct QB under duress in 7 years. Still #Bills couldn't beat him

For Tom Brady, it was the worst day in 7 years.

For Russell Wilson, it was every Sunday.

#PatsOLProblems

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Vague, but you're probably right.

Edwerderespn: Rex Ryan defense pressured Tom Brady on 20 of his 40 dropbacks, highest pct QB under duress in 7 years. Still #Bills couldn't beat him

Hurrr duuurrr 15th ranked o line. Obvious is obvious and all that.

Godslay

Banned
Mad? Not the word here, its more baffled that anybody could actually buy into that.

2nd in Most Points Scored (323)

1st in Fewest Points Allowed (182)

1st in Highest Point Differential

1st in Highest Margin of Victory

1st in Score Pct (Score on just over 50% of all drives)

Still undefeated

All in the back of an 'atrocious' OL.

Hurr durr indeed.

Meanwhile Broncos are bringing in stay at home dad Ponder for a look.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
2nd in Most Points Scored (323)

1st in Fewest Points Allowed (182)

1st in Highest Point Differential

1st in Highest Margin of Victory

1st in Score Pct (Score on just over 50% of all drives)

Still undefeated

All in the back of an 'atrocious' OL.

Hurr durr indeed.

Meanwhile Broncos are bringing in stay at home dad Ponder for a look.

Keep beating that drum.

Furyous

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

WAIT, I'm sorry for his pain and I agree with him.

TALK ABOUT IT, CALLER. I feel his pain and empathize with my fellow fan and countryman. You're no jerk, you don't go out with the prostitutes (strippers okay tho), drinking in bars, and don't act like a jerk. This is *TO voice* my team yo and we're better off without some primadonna future SEC analyst solid college quarterback.

BG, which QB do you think we should take in the draft next year? I realize it's early but who are you looking at?

bionic77

For Tom Brady, it was the worst day in 7 years.

For Russell Wilson, it was every Sunday.

#PatsOLProblems
He is a spoiled ass bitch. Not to mention a cheater and probably racist and facist.

Speaking of which. When Trump takes over and gives the entire Northeast to the Pats do you guys think they will throw me in a cell to rot or just shoot me in the face for my past comments?

He is a spoiled ass bitch. Not to mention a cheater and probably racist and facist.

Speaking of which. When Trump takes over and gives the entire Northeast to the Pats do you guys think they will throw me in a cell to rot or just shoot me in the face for my past comments?

Do what I'm doing and jump in a river or off the ESB

I ain't giving him a chance to castrate me

Man God

Non-Canon Member

They'll feed you piece by piece to the best basketball player to ever lace up, Micheal Jeffrey Jordan.

Top Bottom