• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 12 |OT| - A Fraud is Thankful

It's hard not to be swayed by your passion for the Romo.

NS_30COWSA9_32384206.jpg

@MikeSilver 3m3 minutes ago
A Rams source confirmed to me that Stedman Bailey was involved in shooting incident & suffered a head wound. Not considered life-threatening

cdyhybrid

jbug617

Banned
Rapsheet with more info

@RapSheet: #Rams WR Stedman Bailey was shot twice in the head while sitting in a car with 2 young relatives & his cousin. He is stable in a Miami ICU
@RapSheet: Stedman Bailey will have surgery tomorrow. The driver was shot many times, shielding the kids from bullets. His wounds are life threatening

squicken

e: dang there were kids in the car? That's messed up

------
http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/11/24/cleveland-browns-johnny-manziel-nfl-partying-demotion-mailbag

Did not expect Peter King to come out in favor of playing Manziel, but his thoughts are actually the same as mine.

Let me say first I understand that Manziel is quite a knucklehead, who tells authority figures what they want to hear about being serious in his responsibility as a quarterback in the NFL. Then he goes out and does what he darn well pleases. The Browns, quite possibly, already have decided there is no chance Manziel is the quarterback of the Browns’ future.

If they have decided this, Cleveland should immediately cut Manziel.

If they have not decided this, Cleveland should play Manziel for the last six weeks of the season.

The only reason for the 2-8 Browns to show up and play out the end of another miserable season is to see if Manziel has any chance to be the quarterback going forward. There are many reasons to like McCown, who is a better quarterback than you think but only a short-term answer to the quarterback quandary at age 35. But he is going to be the same quarterback next September—presumably the Cleveland caretaker, if the franchise is smart—as he is now. That’s why the only smart thing is to see if Manziel has the chance to be more than that.

I think it’s a mistake to play the last six weeks of this season for some noble cause about showing to your team and to your immature quarterback that some principal about being a good citizen and non-partier on the bye weekend is going to trump the most important task the franchise has. That task is finding the quarterback for the next decade.

This just doesn’t help that. That’s why it’s a mistake.

Play him or cut him

When you OK to fly again

I'm good again. Flew to Oslo a couple of weeks ago and everything was okay, so I'm probably good again.

Doctor still has no clue about what it is, and I have to get a check up next month again, but they currently think that it's nothing harmful and I should be good.

Rbk_3

Man that is horrible.
He is serving a 4 game suspension for weed too. So if he doesn't get that bullshit suspension, this would never have happened to him.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
When are the Starship Trooper aliens scheduled to take out Florida? I hope it's soon.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/11/24/cleveland-browns-johnny-manziel-nfl-partying-demotion-mailbag

Did not expect Peter King to come out in favor of playing Manziel, but his thoughts are actually the same as mine.

Play him or cut him

The Browns, quite possibly, already have decided there is no chance Manziel is the quarterback of the Browns’ future.

If they have decided this, Cleveland should immediately cut Manziel.

I stand by my position. And I actually think King agrees with me here even if he doesn't realize it. There IS a chance that Manziel is the qb of the future, IF he gets his shit together. While he's under contract with a guaranteed salary, why do you cut him? Treat him like the spoiled child that he is and see if he grows up.

squicken

I stand by my position. And I actually think King agrees with me here even if he doesn't realize it. There IS a chance that Manziel is the qb of the future, IF he gets his shit together. While he's under contract with a guaranteed salary, why do you cut him? Treat him like the spoiled child that he is and see if he grows up.

Part of his premise is that Pettine and Farmer will be gone at the end of the year. So does the next coach come in and evaluate Manziel? Or does he look to get his own QB? Probably the latter. Is Manziel still worth a roster spot then? When is a better time to see if he is worth the hassle than now, when the year is lost? It's not like McCown is some gigantic upgrade

I think this is CYA by Pettine. He wants to be able to say "my GM screwed me by drafting this guy. It's proof he never gave be good players and I never had a chance to succeed"

Narag

I think this is CYA by Pettine. He wants to be able to say "my GM screwed me by drafting this guy. It's proof he never gave be good players and I never had a chance to succeed"

This reminded me that I'm curious if Andre Johnson's snaps will have fallen off a cliff by the end of the season starting around the time Chud took over.

edit: actually looks like it already has

Top Bottom