• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 12 |OT| - A Fraud is Thankful

Narag

So I was curious about Andre Johnson and wondering if he was shoved into the lineup due to Griggson mandating or some such.
Week - Snaps - % total offensive snaps
Wk. 1 63 82.0%
Wk. 2 44 69.0%
Wk. 3 40 68.0%
Wk. 4 52 66.0%
Wk. 5 40 62.0%
Wk. 6 67 84.0%
Wk. 7 58 92.0%
Wk. 8 67 78.0%
Pep Hamilton fired, Chud takes over.
Wk. 9 33 41.0%
Bye
Wk.11 30 47.0%

Looks like snaps dropped considerably once Pagano presumably put his foot down and got his guys in place. Probably equal parts diminished performance on AJ's part and running more 2 TE sets if I actually had to guess since I think squicken linked me an article indicating Chud was using them 50% of the time rather than 30sh% like Pep did.

Full year's snaps for Indy WRs for anyone curious:
XL0lLkA.png

squicken

So I was curious about Andre Johnson and wondering if he was shoved into the lineup due to Griggson mandating or some such.
Week - Snaps - % total offensive snaps
Wk. 1 63 82.0%
Wk. 2 44 69.0%
Wk. 3 40 68.0%
Wk. 4 52 66.0%
Wk. 5 40 62.0%
Wk. 6 67 84.0%
Wk. 7 58 92.0%
Wk. 8 67 78.0%
Pep Hamilton fired, Chud takes over.
Wk. 9 33 41.0%
Bye
Wk.11 30 47.0%

Looks like snaps dropped considerably once Pagano presumably put his foot down and got his guys in place. Probably equal parts diminished performance on AJ's part and running more 2 TE sets if I actually had to guess since I think squicken linked me an article indicating Chud was using them 50% of the time rather than 30sh% like Pep did.

Full year's snaps for Indy WRs for anyone curious:
XL0lLkA.png

Chud and Pagano were MIA guys who had a role in recruiting Dre. But who knows if that is Grigson's guy or their guy. I really think it has more to do with two TEs. But Chud and Pagano are going to be less beholden to playing guys with big contracts than Pep was, so it's probably a factor too

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Part of his premise is that Pettine and Farmer will be gone at the end of the year. So does the next coach come in and evaluate Manziel? Or does he look to get his own QB? Probably the latter. Is Manziel still worth a roster spot then? When is a better time to see if he is worth the hassle than now, when the year is lost? It's not like McCown is some gigantic upgrade

I think this is CYA by Pettine. He wants to be able to say "my GM screwed me by drafting this guy. It's proof he never gave be good players and I never had a chance to succeed"

Sure, let the next guy evaluate him. Why not? He's guaranteed money. Let him languish on the tail end of the roster. I still haven't heard a compelling argument to cut him. You want him to go so he'll end up on your Cowboys.

Narag

Chud and Pagano were MIA guys who had a role in recruiting Dre. But who knows if that is Grigson's guy or their guy. I really think it has more to do with two TEs. But Chud and Pagano are going to be less beholden to playing guys with big contracts than Pep was, so it's probably a factor too

god reading the colts.com article about pagano landing AJ and there's some choice hindsight quotes

Johnson’s play still showed Pagano a productive receiver who hasn’t seen a major regression in his numbers.

“You still see a guy who is more than capable of stretching the defense, certainly somebody who our opponent can’t just line up and say, ‘Don’t worry about Andre Johnson.’” Pagano said.

Line_HTX

e: dang there were kids in the car? That's messed up

------
http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/11/24/cleveland-browns-johnny-manziel-nfl-partying-demotion-mailbag

Did not expect Peter King to come out in favor of playing Manziel, but his thoughts are actually the same as mine.

Play him or cut him

This whole exercise in power is pointless. Just cut Johnny already because this organization is so far gone it's a complete joke that they even exist with everything that's happened this season. All of their picks wasted, all of their shit is futile. If they're dead set on keeping Johnny at 3rd string instead of looking at the remainder of another lost season, then send him packing now.

They are beyond a disgrace.

LeonSPBR

This whole exercise in power is pointless. Just cut Johnny already because this organization is so far gone it's a complete joke that they even exist with everything that's happened this season. All of their picks wasted, all of their shit is futile. If they're dead set on keeping Johnny at 3rd string instead of looking at the remainder of another lost season, then send him packing now.

They are beyond a disgrace.

Says the Texans fan....

Hindl

Bailey news is awful, glad he's pulling thru.

Holy shit…also, shot twice in the head and not life threatening?

It can happen, as long as specific centers of the brain are undamaged he'll live. Only in addition to the obvious functional damage, his personality might change. The famous example is that dude in the 1800s, who had a rail spike go thru his head from his lowe left side to his upper right temple. He lived but his personality changed for the worst due to brain damage.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phineas_Gage

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Bailey news is awful, glad he's pulling thru.

It can happen, as long as specific centers of the brain are undamaged he'll live. Only in addition to the obvious functional damage, his personality might change. The famous example is that dude in the 1800s, who had a rail spike go thru his head from his lowe left side to his upper right temple. He lived but his personality changed for the worst due to brain damage.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phineas_Gage

They didn't say it went into his brain. I assume it didn't honestly. Seems unlikely to be that lucky. I have a buddy who was shot in the head, but it just chipped his skull as it grazed past.

Hindl

They didn't say it went into his brain. I assume it didn't honestly. Seems unlikely to be that lucky. I have a buddy who was shot in the head, but it just chipped his skull as it grazed past.

Fair enough that's an even better scenario for Bailey and the driver if it just grazed. Still pointing out that the brain can get severely damaged without killing the person

So...does that leave the door open for him to come back and start after that? Having a hard time seeing that. Brock gives them the best chance to win from the little I've seen him play.

Depends on Brock. Broncos win those two games and Manning may as well submit his retirement papers.

;)

While you're here, I have to drive through Charlotte around 5 PM today. Am I going to die?

You'll probably see me getting out of Dodge.

Fun Fact: If you take 29 through Spartanburg instead I85, you'll pass through both Gaffney, SC (as in House of Cards Gaffney) and the little hamlet of Grover, NC

But yeah good luck driving through Charlotte on today of all days

You'll probably see me getting out of Dodge.

Fun Fact: If you take 29 through Spartanburg instead I85, you'll pass through both Gaffney, SC (as in House of Cards Gaffney) and the little hamlet of Grover, NC

But yeah good luck driving through Charlotte on today of all days
I was just around there a week or so ago! I had to go up to Blacksburg, SC for work and took 29 on the way home.

We have a 5 hour trip tonight assuming no traffic... I'm thinking 6 or 7 is more realistic but I hope it's not worse than that.

No, some dumb team will probably sign him next year.

I really don't think so. The NFL is stupid on a whole but the one thing they are VERY good at is freezing out old or troubled players.

edit: Not to mention Peyton clearly can't be trusted anymore when it comes to disclosing injuries and is affected more than ever by them..

Dragon

Banned
;)

While you're here, I have to drive through Charlotte around 5 PM today. Am I going to die?

Haha well you picked the wrong time. Charlotte traffic has gotten pretty bad on regular days, it's why I try not to drive. I mean it's not Atlanta but when I used to live about 15 miles from the city, there would be a point on 77 where I would just sit a dead stop every day coming north. Same spot, stupid two lane roads! I would try to avoid taking 77 if you could.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The benching of Peyton does have some benefits for us NFL GAF peeps...like no Tabris posting in here :)

So...does that leave the door open for him to come back and start after that? Having a hard time seeing that. Brock gives them the best chance to win from the little I've seen him play.

Eli Manning is still a thing and primed to win the NFC East

Haha well you picked the wrong time. Charlotte traffic has gotten pretty bad on regular days, it's why I try not to drive. I mean it's not Atlanta but when I used to live about 15 miles from the city, there would be a point on 77 where I would just sit a dead stop every day coming north. Same spot, stupid two lane roads! I would try to avoid taking 77 if you could.
Yeah it's a terrible time but I'm not sure we can avoid it. We should be leaving around 3 but that means we'll be hitting Charlotte around 5. We can go 77 to 81 or just stay on 85 to Greensboro, either way is about the same distance. I'll stick with 85 on your recommendation!

deejay8595

my posts are "MEH"
Chip Kelly has lost the team!

Chip Kelly has lost the team," said the agent, who requested anonymity because of fear of retribution against his client. "Between the losses and his bull[bleep] methods that aren't working, I can tell you that the players have tuned him out.

The agent also raised the possibility that at least one player was using an injury to stay off the field, because "he won't play hurt for Chip." The player, he said, could play with the injury but has chosen to stay on the sideline.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/...has_lost_the_team_sou.html#incart_river_index

Yeah 77 will probably be a parking lot at 5.

Rush Hour+Holiday Traffic? Nope

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis

Thought you were from NE.

Seems most fans of them aren't..

Hindl

If it was ESP reporting this I'd throw it away, Lombardo has had some decent insight occasionally though. I'd be surprised if the veterans feel that way, because they're essentially abandoning the system that was working the previous two years because it's going bad now. I could see some of the new acquisitions feel that way though, especially after how the team was hyped up in the preseason. I forget what loss it was after, maybe the Panthers, but I remember a few of the defensive players getting pissed off at the offense for blowing it when they were doing everything they could to keep the offense in it, so I could see some tension

Dragon

Banned
Eli Manning is still a thing and primed to win the NFC East

True enough I suppose!

Thought you were from NE. Seems most fans of them aren't..

I lived in New England for the first 22 years of my life (barring the three years I spent living in Japan when I was seven)

Yeah 77 will probably be a parking lot at 5.

Rush Hour+Holiday Traffic? Nope

Picking up a buddy from New York in Matthews at 9 or so, I'm sure it will have died down by then.

Top Bottom