• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 12 |OT| - A Fraud is Thankful

Yeah, Cam Newton's a total moron but perfectly tailored to the modern day football crowd.

I'm actually happy the Panthers are doing so well despite him and his awkward antics.

Maybe it's because Stud Olsen used to be a Bear but probably just because no one expected this and it's not a handful of teams people wouldn't be surprised about that is winning every game.

Godslay

Banned
Grats to us godslay *Hi Five*

Brock is green as hell. Looks promising though. Best part is he hung in there and the team didn't give up.

Had some luck (as all teams do), calls were terrible both ways, and it was a pretty exciting game. Would have even be okay with a loss, considering how they battled back.

Hi Five of course, I'll take that win any day of the week.

JABEE

Holy shit it's awesome

I also think it's hilarious that one pats win "exposes pats as frauds" hilarious. What's that make everybody else again?

This win didn't expose the Pats as frauds, but my position on this matter has already been stated a few times in the past.

Bowser

Yeah, Cam Newton's a total moron but perfectly tailored to the modern day football crowd.

I'm actually happy the Panthers are doing so well despite him and his awkward antics.

Maybe it's because Stud Olsen used to be a Bear but probably just because no one expected this and it's not a handful of teams people wouldn't be surprised about that is winning every game.

VCEhxKV.gif

TheFatOne

Pats gonna rush gronk back so he can go back out there and get a real season ending injury.

Nope. They did this once already and learned their lesson. Won't happen again, and you can pretty much book it.

Edit:Should have been more specific after his arm injury Pats rushed him back, and he got hurt. They won't do it again.

Milchjon

Not getting my hopes up yet.

Any news on Hightower?

It's crazy they even made it a close game with a large amount of their best players being out.

Hope Collins comes back soon.

squicken

His own coach said it is a generational thing. You see it in baseball with all the bat flipping. The problem comes when you lose and opponents rub it in our teammates' faces. Then they have to pay his freight. Right now, all is good. But nothing lasts forever

Holy shit it's awesome

I also think it's hilarious that one pats win "exposes pats as frauds" hilarious. What's that make everybody else again?

Well the serious answer is they looked pretty vulnerable against the Giants and Bills, and now just lost to Denver. There comes a point where the cost of attrition is just too high to pay.

Jopie

If Hightower, Collins, Gronk, Edelman, and Amendola are all back by postseason then there's no question who will be representing the AFC. That's also looking past numerous teams that are easily capable of beating Denver.

Of the other playoff teams, I still like Denver as the 2nd best in the AFC. I also like Houston because of their D. I don't trust the Bengals to play well in the playoffs and I don't think the winner of the AFC South will make it past 1 game in the playoffs.

jman2050

The Pats have had the easiest schedule in the history of forever, that's why they've been touted as frauds up to this point.

They have a solid win against the Steelers and a close loss against Denver, otherwise it's been nothing but beating up on the shitty East teams in both conferences.

As long as the pats get the #1 seed and if everyone is back then I like their chances

Dumbass Josh might convince bill to rush back players to get more practice in and not get rusty

Godslay

Banned
New England Passing
Tom Brady 23/42 280 3TDs 0 Ints

Denver Passing
Brock Osweiler 23/42 270 1TD 1 Ints

Difference today was a run game.

Bread

Banned
The Pats have had the easiest schedule in the history of forever, that's why they've been touted as frauds up to this point.

They have a solid win against the Steelers and a close loss against Denver, otherwise it's been nothing but beating up on the shitty East teams in both conferences.
where do you come up with this shit

Jopie

The problem is that most of the league is shitty this year.

Tom Penny

As long as the pats get the #1 seed and if everyone is back then I like their chances

Dumbass Josh might convince bill to rush back players to get more practice in and not get rusty

Not going to be easy now. It definitely helps that the Bengals and Denver play each other so someone with a good record will be getting screwed. They can probably afford 2 losses if they want a bye that might not get them the number 1 seed.

Dicer

Banned
A fraudulent team

CVCNcSYWsAAM_oy.jpg

with a fraudulent leader

So much salt about the Pats, New England can collect it and we are set for a harsh winter...

You Anti-Pats folks are insufferable, lol

Yeah no perfect season, to bad it only took a pile of injuries and some shady reffing to get it done, good work.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Well the serious answer is they looked pretty vulnerable against the Giants and Bills, and now just lost to Denver. There comes a point where the cost of attrition is just too high to pay.

You don't have to convince me, I was saying it all week. This team is shredded right now. The o-line shift worked well tonight with Vollmer switching to LT, but for whatever reason McD went away from what worked and tried to ground and pound. Calling a player and team a fraud for a regular season loss given the circumstances is hilarious to me.

The team hasn't been the same for the last few weeks now. They've lost literally their entire list of opening day starting recievers. I expected 1 maybe 2 of them to go down given the nature of the players, all of them have pretty significant injury history, but all 4 is pretty devastating.

On top of that it's leaking over now. Jamie Collins has been out a few weeks, but now hightower out that was absolutely devastating. At this point the only thing is time, hoping gronk is ok, hoping Edelman can somehow come back, hoping Amendola comes back and can stay healthy, hoping Hightowers season isn't in jeopardy, but damn the list is long.

Chiggs

Gold Member
If Hightower, Collins, Gronk, Edelman, and Amendola are all back by postseason then there's no question who will be representing the AFC. That's also looking past numerous teams that are easily capable of beating Denver.

I just can't believe that the Pats blew a 14 point 4th quarter lead. It's really uncharacteristic.

Sort of pathetic to give it all you got for 3 quarters and then shit the bed at the end.

listening to WEEI is going to be interesting tomorrow.

Listening to The Sports Hub will be unbearable. Felger and Mazz considered this team dog shit at 10 - 0, so at 10 - 1, without Gronk, it'll be worse than dog shit.

I just can't believe that the Pats blew a 14 point 4th quarter lead. It's really uncharacteristic.

Sort of pathetic to give it all you got for 3 quarters and then shit the bed at the end.

Yeah, I'm not shocked by it. The muffed punt was the biggest play of the game, and then Denver almost gave it back by muffing their own punt but the Pats didn't fall on it. Had they not muffed the punt, it wouldn't have ended that way.

Biggest loss was Gronk though. Like, you can lose to Denver and still be 10 - 1, full game ahead in home field, and it's fine, but when you lose your only remaining offensive skill position player, especially if it's a grave injury as it looks, the season is gone.

THat's, simply, factually false. GOing into week 8 or something, they apparently had the hardest or 2nd hardest schedule in the league, when comparing performance of their opponents versus other opponents. For instance, a 6-5 Jets team is not the same as a 6-5 Redskins team.

Beach

And the Panthers have played against the AFC South and NFC East. Can't decide who plays in front of you.

And who has touted them as frauds? lol

Jopie

Welcome to the modern NFL where officiating is shit. What goes around comes around, even for the Pats.

Still cannot believe the roughing the passer call against the 49ers from earlier today. Has the league used an ill defined rule that no one is aware of to justify that call yet?

It's hilarious how Broncos fans are being fooled into believing this team is going somewhere based on this win. They'd be lucky to get one win in the playoffs and do better than last year.

Unless every game has numerous questionable calls at the end, numerous star players injured on the opposing team, and some weather luck going their way each time. Then by all means, plan that parade.

0X8CJpq.jpg

His own coach said it is a generational thing. You see it in baseball with all the bat flipping. The problem comes when you lose and opponents rub it in our teammates' faces. Then they have to pay his freight. Right now, all is good. But nothing lasts forever

Yeah, all that makes sense.

I'm just oldschool and even hate when anyone(even players on the team of my choice) celebrate after every regular tackle or score.

I loved Barry Sanders despite hating the Lions.

Recently, DeMar DeRozan of the Raptors threw down a dunk on a known shotblocker that might be the best dunk this year and he just ran back without yelling or taunting.

I thought that made it even more badass but people like that dramatic crap.

Top Bottom