• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 12 |OT| - A Fraud is Thankful

DEATH™

CVCSex8U8AEGk2_.png

Lol

Bread

Banned
I just can't believe that the Pats blew a 14 point 4th quarter lead. It's really uncharacteristic.

Sort of pathetic to give it all you got for 3 quarters and then shit the bed at the end.
lol wtf

gronk was the entire offense, it was obvious what was going to happen once they weren't able to move the ball through him.

So much salt about the Pats, New England can collect it and we are set for a harsh winter...

You Anti-Pats folks are insufferable, lol

Yeah no perfect season, to bad it only took a pile of injuries and some shady reffing to get it done, good work.
Its all good lost allot of guys and 1 regular season game we will be back during the Playoffs. No excuses great win Broncos fans.

Milchjon

Felt wrong, but Pats are a good team. Thought we would get slaughtered when looking at everything.

I'll take that L.

You were either willfully blind or really insincere. The weaknesses of this team were obvious for weeks now.

I actually put you on ignore for the last week or so, a distinction you shared with only Bam Bam Baklava and Tabris. Gonna take you off now after the game is over.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
You were either willfully blind or really insincere. The weaknesses of this team were obvious for weeks now.

I actually put you on ignore for the last week or so, a distinction you shared with only Bam Bam Baklava and Tabris. Gonna take you off now after the game is over.

It was obvious what he was doing. I've already said it, if he couldn't see the weaknesses in the team, then he knows very little about football.

MechDX

#Texans D has allowed 3 TDs over its last 18 quarters.
#Eagles D has allowed 17 TDs over its last 18 quarters.

Revolutionary

Jopie

The offensive pass interference call might have been there worst officiating I've ever seen in an NFL game

Not even the worst call of the day. 49ers lost today because a routine sack was called roughing the passer. Overall, just a horrible day (season) for officiating. They are deciding outcomes every week and it sucks.

I get where Slay is coming from. The Pats are built to exploit Denver's aggressive D with their quick passes and slant routs. Nobody could have foreseen the injuries, or even the weather to a greater degree. Also helps that Bubba actually called a pretty good defensive game, which I wasn't sure if he could do, honestly.

Milchjon

I get where Slay is coming from. The Pats are built to exploit Denver's aggressive D with their quick passes and slant routs. Nobody could have foreseen the injuries, or even the weather to a greater degree. Also helps that Bubba actually called a pretty good defensive game, which I wasn't sure if he could do, honestly.
Maybe, but the people they relied on to run these exact routes (Lewis, Edelman, Amendola) have been dropping for weeks now. All they had left was Gronk.

Godslay

Banned
You were either willfully blind or really insencere. The weaknesses of this team were obvious for weeks now.

That's fine.

For 3 Qtrs of the game, the Pats had it on lock. They were doing what they always do, and Broncos tipped toed the line of being put away. Really wasn't a close game, Pats just never finished them off and the Broncos snuck in the W.

I still think the OL doesn't matter much, if Edelman/Amendola are healthy. They'll just pass short like it's a run and move the chains.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Umm... no the pats 3 quick out weapons were out for the game, that much we knew. Even if Dola was in, he's not what lewis or edelman were. The quick out game hasn't been there for the last 2 games and 3 quarters. Brady was getting hammered the last 2 weeks for that reason. The Line actually played really well tonight all things considered, the pats put up points I didn't expect them to at all, Hightower went out and they couldn't adjust given the lack of starting linebackers. The funny thing is the worst result of the injuries? That dumpster fire Harper out there fielding a punt in garbage weather when the game was all but over. He was in primetime, finally getting a chance to show his stuff, and that was the result lol.

Kiryu

I just can't believe that the Pats blew a 14 point 4th quarter lead. It's really uncharacteristic.

Sort of pathetic to give it all you got for 3 quarters and then shit the bed at the end.
Nothing can top Seahawks blowing leads in 4th quarter (except today game)

Not even the worst call of the day. 49ers lost today because a routine sack was called roughing the passer. Overall, just a horrible day (season) for officiating. They are deciding outcomes every week and it sucks.

Yep, another week of terrible officiating. The Sunday night game is prime time, so calls like that O-PI and the very weak holding on a key smothering sack just stand out, but the whole day was packed with terrible calls... Just like last week.

I'd love to use that "whynotboth.gif" for why the NFL can't crack down on Tom Brady in the off-season and also train it's officials in the off season, but it's obvious that the NFL is incapable of doing both. Officiating has gotten worse and worse over the years, and during the 2014 playoffs two games where decided on really questionable calls (Lions loss and Cowboys loss on basically identical non-receptions), and yet, despite having these grave officiating questions... The NFL spends 6 months, hundred of millions of dollars, and a limitless measure of energy on a failed effort to suspend Tom Brady. Had they spent 6 months and hundreds of millions of dollars on referee training, or perhaps, paying and hiring full time refs who will accurately call a game and be held to some modicum of standards, then we wouldn't be having the shitty officiating that we've had this year.

Again, I'd love to say "whynotboth" to cracking down on Tom Brady and enforcing a high standard of officiating, but it's clear the NFL can't do both of those things.

Narag

The offensive pass interference call might have been there worst officiating I've ever seen in an NFL game

Colts were able to put the Bucs game away today thanks to two calls extending one of the last drives. One was a holding call when there was zero holding. The other was hands to the face where the defender clearly had both hands on the offensive player's pads the entire time.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Yep, another week of terrible officiating. The Sunday night game is prime time, so calls like that O-PI and the very weak holding on a key smothering sack just stand out, but the whole day was packed with terrible calls... Just like last week.

I'd love to use that "whynotboth.gif" for why the NFL can't crack down on Tom Brady in the off-season and also train it's officials in the off season, but it's obvious that the NFL is incapable of doing both. Officiating has gotten worse and worse over the years, and during the 2014 playoffs two games where decided on really questionable calls (Lions loss and Cowboys loss on basically identical non-receptions), and yet, despite having these grave officiating questions... The NFL spends 6 months, hundred of millions of dollars, and a limitless measure of energy on a failed effort to suspend Tom Brady. Had they spent 6 months and hundreds of millions of dollars on referee training, or perhaps, paying and hiring full time refs who will accurately call a game and be held to some modicum of standards, then we wouldn't be having the shitty officiating that we've had this year.

Again, I'd love to say "whynotboth" to cracking down on Tom Brady and enforcing a high standard of officiating, but it's clear the NFL can't do both of those things.

This salt is amazing.

This salt is amazing.

Wait, you think the officiating has been good this year? I've complained about horrible officiating in almost every game, every thread, every week. Everybody has.

I don't think it's a tough ask to request that the NFL hire full time officials and have standards and performance reviews for games. My Junior high Math teacher is an NFL ref. He's in his 50s and was out drinking with us last weekend. He's still a junior high math teacher. The NFL makes enough money to pay 100 full time referees $100,000/year to focus on refereeing games.

Godslay

Banned
I'm kind of wondering if Squicken is on to something with letting Brady take some garbage deep shots. Once that started happening, the offense of the Pats went to hell.

Feels disrespectful like teams started doing to Manning, but he never overcame it because he couldn't make the throws with any consistency.

Probably won't carry forward because Belichick will adjust, but it's interesting.

squicken

At the start of the 4Q the Pats took a 21-7 lead. The Broncos ultimately won the game. So Brock Osweiler has more double-digit second-half comeback wins tonight than Aaron Rodgers has in his career

cdyhybrid

Maybe if Brady hadn't been deflating footballs the NFL could have focused on fixing the officiating.

Not that it would have mattered as long as that clown Blandino is in charge, but yeah.

I'm kind of wondering if Squicken is on to something with letting Brady take some garbage deep shots. Once that started happening, the offense of the Pats went to hell.

Feels disrespectful like teams started doing to Manning, but he never overcame it because he couldn't make the throws with any consistency.

Probably won't carry forward because Belichick will adjust, but it's interesting.
No idea why they kept throwing deep to chandler. If you do that at least do it with Gronk. Some really questionable play band e at times.

Top Bottom