• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 12 |OT| - A Fraud is Thankful

We usually handle the Rams at home, so those middle three games should all be wins unless we shit the bed (which is a real possibility). Vikings and Cards games will determine if we make the playoffs, I'm guessing. Hopefully the Cards sit people in that game and make it easy for us.

Also could potentially see us back our way in if the people behind us (Bucs, Falcons, Bears, Racists/Giants, etc.) keep losing games.

Yea I really think we should win 3 of those 5. The two road vs Cards/Vikings really gonna say how fraudulent we are or just how unlucky we've been. I mean all 5 of our losses we've had lead int he 4th fucking quarter.

So I'm totally sports superstitious, and I've worn my 2003 NFC Champions shirt every Panthers game this year (yes I wash it, I'm not that gross.) It's faded, unlike the memories of a John Kasay kick out of bounds and an Adam Vinatieri field goal. I have legit beef with the Patriots, but not because of conspiracy theories, video taping practices, deflate gate or anything else they've been accused of. I dislike them because they're generally as good as advertised, and they beat my team in the Super Bowl.

Thus far, the year has been surprising. When KJ got injured, I had little hope. I'm still nervous every game. But tonight, I was out with a friend and when I got home, my 13 year old son, who has taken an interest in football this season, was quick to say, "And now the Panthers are the only undefeated team!" I knocked on wood, because you can't just say shit like that, and I told him, "Being undefeated means nothing if you're team is sitting at home on Super Bowl Sunday." It's like a bad consolation prize. Why am I saying all this here? Because just like being undefeated, having losses also doesn't matter if you make it to the big game. Patriots still have a great shot, despite being depleted in key areas at the moment. They'll get people back, they'll adjust, and they'll continue to win. I can only hope that my Panthers make it there to meet whatever AFC team makes it.
Id have a beer with this guy, sounds like a true genuine fan. I am pulling for the Panthers to go 16-0 but as far as Super Bowls go as a Pats fan I am spoiled and I want another one.

Line_HTX

Id have a beer with this guy, sounds like a true genuine fan. I am pulling for the Panthers to go 16-0 but as far as Super Bowls go as a Pats fan I am spoiled and I want another one.

I just want to see another Giants Pats one for the pure 50 gold.

Now if only Kirk could get out of the way...

Kiryu

Yea I really think we should win 3 of those 5. The two road vs Cards/Vikings really gonna say how fraudulent we are or just how unlucky we've been. I mean all 5 of our losses we've had lead int he 4th fucking quarter.
NFC WEST title or not... All we have to worry about is playoff spot because we're capable of beating anyone in playoff IF we don't blow another 4th quarter lead.

NFC West title is just best scenario because home field advantage would be nice.

Best Season

Hope you get bit by a squirrel with rabies

nt00fgC.gif

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Jimmy with the patellar tendon injury at 29... is his career over? Pretty unfortunate, was having his best game of the season from what I was able to watch.

The whole officiating thing is stupid, that's really not what decided the game. Sure the gronk play was ticky tack, but so was a holding against the broncos earlier in the game. The gameplan and the offense in progress was the main problem. It was also being forced to play Harper out there and he made a mistake you VERY rarely see made on the patriots.

My complaints about officiating are not due to the outcome of this game (well, they've stoked this instance of it), but most debates around the NFL season this year have been about the bad officiating... Questionable catch rules, ticky-tack penalties in key situations, late hits that don't make sense (the SFvsSEA game), a total misunderstanding of the clock, missing eligible receiver calls, missed penalties or assessed penalties that are legitimately game deciding penalties (e.g., the Baltimore loss two weeks back when whoever they lost to on a 0:00 field goal did not have enough players lined up on the LoS, yet a defensive penalty extended the game on a play that shouldn't have happened; or Sammy Watkins being called down for forward progress and letting the game expire last week against NE on MNF).

The NFL has an officiating problem, but it's one that the league doesn't take seriously. This year is the first year where the recurring storyline during the week is bad calls, even more so than the scab refs a couple years back. They haven't addressed the problems from that labor strike, but maybe they will this off season.

NFC WEST title or not... All we have to worry about is playoff spot because we're capable of beating anyone in playoff IF we don't blow another 4th quarter lead.

NFC West title is just best scenario because home field advantage would be nice.

I kind of hope we get that "no one believe in us" crap going and win on the road. Last two years we've had #1 seed to the SB.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
My complaints about officiating are not due to the outcome of this game (well, they've stoked this instance of it), but most debates around the NFL season this year have been about the bad officiating... Questionable catch rules, ticky-tack penalties in key situations, late hits that don't make sense (the SFvsSEA game), a total misunderstanding of the clock, missing eligible receiver calls, missed penalties or assessed penalties that are legitimately game deciding penalties (e.g., the Baltimore loss two weeks back when whoever they lost to on a 0:00 field goal did not have enough players lined up on the LoS, yet a defensive penalty extended the game on a play that shouldn't have happened; or Sammy Watkins being called down for forward progress and letting the game expire last week against NE on MNF).

The NFL has an officiating problem, but it's one that the league doesn't take seriously. This year is the first year where the recurring storyline during the week is bad calls, even more so than the scab refs a couple years back. They haven't addressed the problems from that labor strike, but maybe they will this off season.

While I completely agree with you, this is nothing new. Almost every major sport has massive issues with officiating. Hell the NBA officiating is driven by either guessing or star power, mostly the latter unfortunately. Unfortunately it happens in sports, it's frustrating, but it seems inevitable.

Jimmy with the patellar tendon injury at 29... is his career over? Pretty unfortunate, was having his best game of the season from what I was able to watch.

Probably. At best he's back sometime in 2016, and even then it likely won't be start of the season (if he is, he'll be hit with a drug test and miss more time because seriously).

I think he's had his last full healthy season.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
While I completely agree with you, this is nothing new. Almost every major sport has massive issues with officiating. Hell the NBA officiating is driven by either guessing or star power, mostly the latter unfortunately. Unfortunately it happens in sports, it's frustrating, but it seems inevitable.

I truly believe that the most vocal complainers don't watch any other sport.

I truly believe that the most vocal complainers don't watch any other sport.

Maybe you guys are right and we shouldn't question the NFL hiring part-time, underpaid, elderly refs until there is a major betting scandal on games like the NBA.

Speaking of baseball empire why do they all have their own personal strike zone? What kind of dumb ass shit is that?

TRADITION!!!

It's one thing I do credit the NFL for, especially compared to MLB... When something sucks in the NFL they generally take a solid shot at fixing it. In MLB, the rules committees hold onto "TRADITION!" like people holding onto the original framing of the Constitution. In MLB, nothing can buck tradition... and why? "because it's the American past time!"

TRADITION!!!

It's one thing I do credit the NFL for, especially compared to MLB... When something sucks in the NFL they generally take a solid shot at fixing it. In MLB, the rules committees hold onto "TRADITION!" like people holding onto the original framing of the Constitution. In MLB, nothing can buck tradition... and why? "because it's the American past time!"

They have these god damn high tech equipment now that shows exactly where the ball cross the plate. We the viewers at home see exactly if it's a ball or strike and yet it's not official and is based off the umpire very own subjective strike zone.

Stupid!

Line_HTX

They have these god damn high tech equipment now that shows exactly where the ball cross the plate. We the viewers at home see exactly if it's a ball or strike and yet it's not official and is based off the umpire very own subjective strike zone.

Stupid!

There's also the 3D strike zone as shown in this year's postseason. That was pretty neat.

Injuries suck
Dobson on IR
Wonder what status of Hightower is and what kind of illness Collins has. At this point I wonder if he's battling cancer or something srsly. Hope he doesn't go to IR as well

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Well, the offseason has officially began. Small comfort that we don't have to hear any more Pats perfect season shit, but that's sort of like winning the 5 dollar lottery after the bank repos your home.

Top Bottom