• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 12 |OT| - A Fraud is Thankful

Sanjuro

smh

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...layoff-simulator.html?team=phi#phi-tb-11=loss

If the Eagles go 3-2 down the stretch, losing to AZ and NE, they have a better than 50% chance of winning the division. The Eagles aren't a 4-12 team unless they really are quitters. People said the Texans had quit and look where they are now. Still time to turn it around and at least give themselves a chance.

And if the Pats don't have all their players next week, then that is not the auto-L that it looked like previously

The Eagles are auto l on a week to week basis.

eznark

Banned
1-4 in the last stretch. I know drops aren't systemic by themselves but I'm not optimistic that the offense will get fixed by the end of the year. I'd rather have one bad year from Rodgers to retool and rethink our game plan instead of limping into the playoffs. This team really needs to sit down and figure this shit out.

I hear Philbin is looking for work

Packers can fix the offense by removing Davante Adams. He is a massive, massive drain on productivity especially since Rodgers is still constantly targeting him. On all passes to receivers other than Adams, Rodgers is still Rodgers. On passes to Adams he is Mallett.

Hindl

smh

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...layoff-simulator.html?team=phi#phi-tb-11=loss

If the Eagles go 3-2 down the stretch, losing to AZ and NE, they have a better than 50% chance of winning the division. The Eagles aren't a 4-12 team unless they really are quitters. People said the Texans had quit and look where they are now. Still time to turn it around and at least give themselves a chance.

And if the Pats don't have all their players next week, then that is not the auto-L that it looked like previously

I think they are tho. Could they surprise me? Yes, but after back to back domination by the Bucs and the Lions, I feel like the defense has quit. I haven't really seen anything these past two games to give me hope. Hopefully Bradford returning will provide a boost, but it seems like this team has given up. And this is the hardest part of our schedule that we're entering now. Maybe if Gronk is out we have a chance against the Pats, but another loss would completely demoralize the team. We'll see

You aren't accounting for the W next week?

If Gronk is out, it's possible. But the Eagles don't even seem like they really wanna play anymore

Phins fired their OC. Dunno if Campbell will call plays or what, but not sure who is there to do that now
Holy shit... didn't see that coming. But why? Season is going nowhere, why not just ride it out?

Loved the Lazor hire and I still like some of his ideas but it just never came together like it needed to.

squicken

What a joke org

Baffling thing is they just don't adjust. Don't run the ball, still, after all the talk. And Grimes on Marshall didn't work but they kept letting that beat them. Besides Rex letting Maclin beat him, it was the most frustrating thing to watch yesterday

eznark

Banned
Holy shit... didn't see that coming. But why? Season is going nowhere, why not just ride it out?

Loved the Lazor hire and I still like some of his ideas but it just never came together like it needed to.

It's a super shitty thing to do to Tannehill. Makes me think they are ready to move on.

Baffling thing is they just don't adjust. Don't run the ball, still, after all the talk. And Grimes on Marshall didn't work but they kept letting that beat them. Besides Rex letting Maclin beat him, it was the most frustrating thing to watch yesterday

I was driving all day yesterday so I only say the night game. I doubt I'll go back and watch the Dolphins - Jets. how did Tanny play?

It's a super shitty thing to do to Tannehill. Makes me think they are ready to move on.

I was driving all day yesterday so I only say the night game. I doubt I'll go back and watch the Dolphins - Jets. how did Tanny play?
There are reports that the organization is split on him. I expect some competition to be drafted by the next regime at the least.

I was also traveling during the game but I listened to some of it and it sounds like Tannehill sucked. He put up some garbage numbers late but couldn't move the offense when it mattered, even with great field position. Then again, Dolphins leading rusher had 6 yards and they killed themselves with offensive penalties all day, as usual.

squicken

I think they are tho. Could they surprise me? Yes, but after back to back domination by the Bucs and the Lions, I feel like the defense has quit. I haven't really seen anything these past two games to give me hope. Hopefully Bradford returning will provide a boost, but it seems like this team has given up. And this is the hardest part of our schedule that we're entering now. Maybe if Gronk is out we have a chance against the Pats, but another loss would completely demoralize the team. We'll see
e

I would not pick them to win any single game the rest of the way after the past two games. I guess I am sort of relying on them having some pride and professionalism and not repeat these performances

I also don't think it was quitting. It was more like a loss of confidence. Kind of like what has happened to the Rams defense the past couple of games. Quitting is a bit more malevolent than what I think is going on

eznark

Banned
I would not pick them to win any single game the rest of the way after the past two games. I guess I am sort of relying on them having some pride and professionalism and not repeat these performances

I also don't think it was quitting. It was more like a loss of confidence. Kind of like what has happened to the Rams defense the past couple of games. Quitting is a bit more malevolent than what I think is going on

Eagles D flat quit on Thursday.

squicken

Same as usual. Stats are mostly from garbage time. It's not all his fault, or even primarily his fault, but he is more of a problem than a solution

Eagles D flat quit on Thursday.

Yeah I can't really defend that game. There were moments in the TB game where I could argue it being close to being a game, but vs DET it was dreadful effort all day

Kind of wish that Chip Kelly's season wasn't a dumpster fire because Pats v Eagles would have a lot of build up of Kelly's new offense vs. Belichick's defense. But Kelly's new offense is stanky garbage water.

Dolphins be all "I'm firin my Lazor!!"

Steelers lost, leave me alone.
Yeah but the Pats lost so technically we all won.

Early reports are Gronk's knee has no structural damage, is going through an MRI today but may miss minimal time. Seriously, fuck all these injuries. Are there more this year or does it only feel that way because it's so many big name guys?

Hindl

Yeah that's what I'm saying, I guess quitting was a little harsh, but the team as a whole just seems shook. And with our hardest games coming up, I'm not seeing improvement. I'm not mad at Chip, like I said in the preseason, there's a chance every move we made blows up, which it kinda has. But sometimes you gotta risk that to make a truly great team. It didn't work out but that's ok, better than being mediocre-above average but never going anywhere.

Kind of wish that Chip Kelly's season wasn't a dumpster fire because Pats v Eagles would have a lot of build up of Kelly's new offense vs. Belichick's defense. But Kelly's new offense is stanky garbage water.

Yeah I was really looking forward to that game in the offseason, especially living in Boston with all my friends being Pats fans. I almost tried to get tickets for that game. Glad I didn't do that

bionic77

Early reports are Gronk's knee has no structural damage, is going through an MRI today but may miss minimal time. Seriously, fuck all these injuries. Are there more this year or does it only feel that way because it's so many big name guys?
There are always injuries.

You are a Steelers fan and we got seriously fucked by injuries so it feels like there are more.

I said it in a previous post but I feel like injuries are what usually separates the real contenders from the frauds. I am not sure of what the Panthers injury situation is, but they are certainly the best team right now.

eznark

Banned
Where is Slo? No matter how bad football in Wisconsin gets, I'l always be heartened by the fact that it is far worse in Minnesota.

Caja 117

Hightower believed to have sprained MCL.

How much time this could mean? I dont care about the lost yesterday, Broncos played good, the real turning point was that fumble on a punt by the Pats. but Man, its really hard to watch football and see every week one player go down due to injury, we basically have an offensive weapon going down once every week for the past 4 week...it sucks

I think there are more this year. I remember... 3 or 4 years ago being a bad year for injuries as well. I remember it mostly from fantasy though, because I was forced to start Blaine Gabbert.

I wonder if someone has done some quantitative analysis on this to see whether there have been more serious, derailing injuries in past seasons.

How bad is the state of football when the Packers can lose at home to Detroit and Chicago and still be a playoff team?

About as bad as Matt Hasselbeck, Brock Osweiller, Brian Hoyer, and Landry Jones being starting QBs for 4 of the top 6 teams in the AFC.

Dragon

Banned
There are always injuries.

You are a Steelers fan and we got seriously fucked by injuries so it feels like there are more.

I said it in a previous post but I feel like injuries are what usually separates the real contenders from the frauds. I am not sure of what the Panthers injury situation is, but they are certainly the best team right now.

Their best WR has been out all year, but besides the Kuechly concussion early in the season, I don't remember a ton of significant ones for them.

eznark

Banned
Jeff Darlington @JeffDarlington
I asked a Miami assistant if Tannehill will be able to audible with Lazor gone: "I hope so. It is the NFL, right?" ...Succinct as it gets.

philadelphia-eagles-head-coach-chip-kelly.jpg

SonnyBoy

Most definitely and it all stems from the front-office. Having a vision and enabling quality drafting. It's the one thing that's impressed me about Washingtons season thus far. They're endured a ton of injuries but they've had backups step up and rookies fill gaps. They do it week after week and they compete. Regardless of the win/loss column this is the most competitive and resilient sqaud I've witnessed as a fan.

And I truly believe it has everything to do with the arrival of Scott Mccloughan.

eznark

Banned

There is usually a very strong inverse relationship between games missed by starters and wins. It's one of the reasons I sort of discount Harbaugh's success in San Francisco. They had almost literally no starter injuries the year he made the Super Bowl, and very few the year after.

Of course, then there are teams like New England, Pittsburgh and Green Bay who win games despite tons of annual injuries (thanks to generally shit divisions) and teams on the flip side like the Jets and Lions who are historically healthy but suck shit anyway.

How much time this could mean? I dont care about the lost yesterday, Broncos played good, the real turning point was that fumble on a punt by the Pats. but Man, its really hard to watch football and see every week one player go down due to injury, we basically have an offensive weapon going down once every week for the past 4 week...it sucks
They say 2-4 weeks

Top Bottom