• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 12 |OT| - A Fraud is Thankful

Bowser

Panthers signed vet CB Cortland Innigan* for slot depth as CB Charles Tillman is expected to miss a few more weeks.

*cause Andre beat the F out of him

MechDX

Houston GAF free tacos at Jack In the Box today. Just say Touchdowns for Tacos and praise Brian Hoyer and you get a free monster taco.

While we took care of business by winning a game we were supposed to, I'm pretty disgusted with that performance. We should have blown them out again but decided to leave tons of points on the field instead. Reffing was awful which makes it feel even worse that the game was so close. Worst of all, we had another three starters go down...sigh. We are falling apart, significant injuries three weeks in a row and they are really adding up. We're now down to our third string RB, third string CB opposite Peterson, third/fourth string OLinemen and our DLine was already decimated from the previous two games. Then there are a bunch of guys banged up like Peterson, Floyd and John Brown. Now we get to play the most physically violent team in the league right before a short week against the Vikings weeeee. Just have to hope guys will come back here soon. Really need Frostee Rucker back and hopefully CJ and Ellington will be ruled day to day after the MRI results come through. Powers hasn't had a good year but we have no depth after Bethel so hopefully he isn't out long either. We need to get healthy, this is our year!

Anyway, injury bitching aside, 9-2 baby! That was sadly the first time we've won in SF since 2008 so good to get that monkey off our backs. Division games, man. The Palmer scramble for a TD was hilarious, felt like it was in slow motion and the SF defense should be embarrassed. The spike was terrifying for a split second but now I can laugh as he didn't injure himself. yeesh. Peterson had another shut down game, Torrey didn't have a single catch against him (his roughly 50 yards were against other defenders). Run blocking is atrocious, we really need to fix that and get the run game going again. Larsen sucks :(

Onto the Lambs. Go Cardinals!

MechDX

NFL morning after: J.J. Watt remains the NFL’s best defensive player
If Watt doesn’t win the award this year, it’s mostly because the voters think it would be nice to see a little variety rather than giving it to Watt for the third time in the last four years. It’s not because there’s actually a better defensive player than Watt.

Are there other candidates? Sure. Josh Norman and Luke Kuechly have both had good years for the Panthers. Patriots defensive end Chandler Jones has had a good year. If you’re looking for a dark horse candidate, Ziggy Ansah of the Lions has really come on of late.

But none are as good as Watt. In yesterday’s win over the Saints, Watt logged two sacks and two tackles for loss and was hitting Drew Brees as he passed all day. The Texans’ 24-6 win was the first time the Saints have ever failed to score a touchdown in any game with Brees as their quarterback. Watt now leads the league with 13.5 sacks, and he has 70.5 sacks in his 75 career games. Since sacks became an official statistic in 1982, only Reggie White has reached 70 sacks faster.

Bullshit again

Hindl

They could have drafted someone like Brett Hundley. They could have signed someone like Tyrod Taylor. Instead they drafted Matt Barkley, signed Mark Sanchez and traded for Sam Bradford.

It's almost like Chip is trying to prove everyone wrong about needing a running QB, instead of just getting the best guy for his system. It's weird.

Yeah I dunno. I agree with you about the package plays, I think Chip's scheme works, since usually when looking at the All-22 this season there's always been someone open. The talent just isn't there to execute. So I still think he's a good coach. But his drafting/GM abilities have left a lot to be desired. What happens next? Does Lurie take GM control away from Chip? Or keep letting him do his thing? I don't think he's a great talent evaluator, our only decent draft pick in the last 3 years was Lane Johnson. But taking that power away from Chip will cause some tension I'd imagine. It'll be interesting seeing what happens in the next year

Well....
tf35YgA.gif

c9QvpNa.gif

qFvenXG.gif

Too little too late but whatever

J.J. Watt deserves an award since I think his frustration has pulled the defense into being something respectable again. If they make the playoffs I don't see how he doesn't get DPoTY again.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
JJ deserves all the awards. They'll give them to less deserving players like Rodgers last year though.

=)

TheFatOne

If the pats can get healthy before the playoff's they should be able to beat anyone in the AFC home or away. Just have to get those injured guys back. Good news is that it seems to be minor injuries that happened yesterday. Hopefully the initial reports aren't wrong.

Yeah I dunno. I agree with you about the package plays, I think Chip's scheme works, since usually when looking at the All-22 this season there's always been someone open. The talent just isn't there to execute. So I still think he's a good coach. But his drafting/GM abilities have left a lot to be desired. What happens next? Does Lurie take GM control away from Chip? Or keep letting him do his thing? I don't think he's a great talent evaluator, our only decent draft pick in the last 3 years was Lane Johnson. But taking that power away from Chip will cause some tension I'd imagine. It'll be interesting seeing what happens in the next year

If the Eagles improve the OL, and find guys that can catch I think they are in great shape. Definitely bring Chip back, no question at all. Let him be the GM again, and just hope that he can find some OL and WR's in the offseason. Biggest thing is resigning Bradford though. If he had guys that could catch he would be putting up really good numbers, cant lose him and have to start all over again with another QB. I wouldnt be surprised to see Billy Davis go, the defense is much more talented this year then last, and yet they are doing so much worse.

SonnyBoy

If the Eagles improve the OL, and find guys that can catch I think they are in great shape. Definitely bring Chip back, no question at all. Let him be the GM again, and just hope that he can find some OL and WR's in the offseason. Biggest thing is resigning Bradford though. If he had guys that could catch he would be putting up really good numbers, cant lose him and have to start all over again with another QB. I wouldnt be surprised to see Billy Davis go, the defense is much more talented this year then last, and yet they are doing so much worse.

How long are you willing to give him?

Should be the wake up call for that poorly executed RB rotation going on but they'll stick with it, and will get like two yards total against the Jets next week.

Not terribly indicative as they were behind almost immediately. Usually you won't run the ball much when you turn it over as much as they did

Our only decent draft pick is Lane Johnson? I mean, Matthews isn't a world beater or anything but he's a good receiver and was well worth a 2nd round pick. Jordan Hicks certainly looked pretty awesome until he got injured too. Wish we could have gotten to see JaCorey Shepherd. I actually think the Eric Rowe pick was good too, despite him getting torched. He's a rookie transitioning from safety to CB, so obviously the transition is going to be really tough for him. I think Agholor would be good with a halfway competent QB as well.

While we took care of business by winning a game we were supposed to, I'm pretty disgusted with that performance. We should have blown them out again but decided to leave tons of points on the field instead. Reffing was awful which makes it feel even worse that the game was so close. Worst of all, we had another three starters go down...sigh. We are falling apart, significant injuries three weeks in a row and they are really adding up. We're now down to our third string RB, third string CB opposite Peterson, third/fourth string OLinemen and our DLine was already decimated from the previous two games. Then there are a bunch of guys banged up like Peterson, Floyd and John Brown. Now we get to play the most physically violent team in the league right before a short week against the Vikings weeeee. Just have to hope guys will come back here soon. Really need Frostee Rucker back and hopefully CJ and Ellington will be ruled day to day after the MRI results come through. Powers hasn't had a good year but we have no depth after Bethel so hopefully he isn't out long either. We need to get healthy, this is our year!

Anyway, injury bitching aside, 9-2 baby! That was sadly the first time we've won in SF since 2008 so good to get that monkey off our backs. Division games, man. The Palmer scramble for a TD was hilarious, felt like it was in slow motion and the SF defense should be embarrassed. The spike was terrifying for a split second but now I can laugh as he didn't injure himself. yeesh. Peterson had another shut down game, Torrey didn't have a single catch against him (his roughly 50 yards were against other defenders). Run blocking is atrocious, we really need to fix that and get the run game going again. Larsen sucks :(

Onto the Lambs. Go Cardinals!

Yup- I feel like your Cards are fulfilling last year's destiny. Damn good team.
As much as I'd like my Vikes to put a W on you in a couple Thursdays, I'm already writing that off as an L... and I'm ok with that. Cards are for real.
Enjoy the ride. :)

Yup- I feel like your Cards are fulfilling last year's destiny. Damn good team.
As much as I'd like my Vikes to put a W on you in a couple Thursdays, I'm already writing that off as an L... and I'm ok with that. Cards are for real.
Enjoy the ride. :)

I wouldn't write your team off man, I'd feel pretty good about our chances at home but we're pretty banged up and will be coming off a Rams bloodfest game and you're playing good football. Hopefully we get a few guys back to make it an interesting match, both teams will have a lot to play for with the Vikings only a game behind. Great year for both our teams and AP is killing it. Diggs a pleasant surprise too. Congrats on your season and I look forward to our big match up. Neither team should be ashamed if they lose.

How long are you willing to give him?

The cheat had a losing record 5 of his first 6 seasons. People forget what terrible shape Reid left the Eagles in, but they were 4-12 his last year. Chip should have traded everyone worth anything when he took over and did a full rebuild, instead he tried to win with Andy's guys which was impossible. They are doing the rebuild now but it obviously takes more then 1 year. I would definitely give him another year at the least. 2 positions are holding the team back this year, OL is a complete disaster, and WR. If they could block better the running game would be great, and if the WR could catch the offense would be so much better.

eznark

Banned
The cheat had a losing record 5 of his first 6 seasons. People forget what terrible shape Reid left the Eagles in, but they were 4-12 his last year. Chip should have traded everyone worth anything when he took over and did a full rebuild, instead he tried to win with Andy's guys which was impossible. They are doing the rebuild now but it obviously takes more then 1 year. I would definitely give him another year at the least. 2 positions are holding the team back this year, OL is a complete disaster, and WR. If they could block better the running game would be great, and if the WR could catch the offense would be so much better.

He went 10-6 with Reid's guys. This is now undoubtedly his team. Think he'll go 10-6 this year?

Hindl

We have to target OL I agree with that. And Bradford is most likely coming back, there's no one else available that would be worth restarting for. The problem is that we've spent 3 picks in the last two years on WR, and Matthews is doing well. Huff and Agholor show flashes, but that's about it. Though I suppose they need more time to develop.

Our only decent draft pick is Lane Johnson? I mean, Matthews isn't a world beater or anything but he's a good receiver and was well worth a 2nd round pick. Jordan Hicks certainly looked pretty awesome until he got injured too. Wish we could have gotten to see JaCorey Shepherd. I actually think the Eric Rowe pick was good too, despite him getting torched. He's a rookie transitioning from safety to CB, so obviously the transition is going to be really tough for him. I think Agholor would be good with a halfway competent QB as well.

Yeah I guess that was a stretch, Hicks was a monster and his absence has really hurt this D. Shepherd had a ton of hype, I'm just worried that missing his rookie season might hurt his development. Same with Rowe, those two are at one of the toughest positions to transfer over to, so I'll give them probably 3 years to develop. Agholor is kinda in a similar spot, where he's shown flashes like Rowe, but I'm worried that the injuries and drops might hurt his development. There's a lot of young talent on this team, but I'm just concerned with how this season will affect them. It was out of line to say Lane was the only decent draft pick, you're right. I just hope the potential here develops into something

SonnyBoy

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Chip have two 10 win seasons with Andy's team? They had an amazing amount of success. How would it have been impossible for him to build off of that solid foundation?

From the outside looking in, these "me first" guys just happen to be adults with opinions and lives. And Chip is not and has not adjusted to having to deal with these men as adults and not as kids. Again, that's from the outside looking in so correct me if I'm wrong.

jmdajr

Bradshaw IR'd

Colts season over

So how the fuck do the Colt's win?

You know the Texans is a simple answer. D finally playing like we thought they would.

But what do the Colt's do well? Pretty average in all the stats but I guess... they just find ways to win.

I'm gonna be pissed if Steelers lose! But that AFC South is going strong man.

He went 10-6 with Reid's guys. This is now undoubtedly his team. Think he'll go 10-6 this year?

Probably not. Again though the main problem is the OL. The guys that played well last year when filling in are playing terrible this year, and the few good starters that they have are hurt the whole year. Just yesterday an Eagles beat reporter said he saw Jason Kelce at the teams complex and that his knee is swollen up to twice its normal size and that he can barely walk with it. Peters has a bad back and has had to leave 3 of the last 4 games early. Gardner got hurt and put on IR early in the season. How many team could have injuries like that on their OL and not skip a beat? Your hate hard-on for Chip is just so odd.

MechDX

You know the Texans is a simple answer. D finally playing like we thought they would.

But what do the Colt's do well? Pretty average in all the stats but I guess... they just find ways to win.

Irsay is sexing up Satan. It is the only logical answer

Narag

Hasselbald has intangibles.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Chip have two 10 win seasons with Andy's team? They had an amazing amount of success. How would it have been impossible for him to build off of that solid foundation?

From the outside looking in, these "me first" guys just happen to be adults with opinions and lives. And Chip is not and has not adjusted to having to deal with these men as adults and not as kids. Again, that's from the outside looking in so correct me if I'm wrong.

Those teams were also some of the oldest in the entire NFL. I guess it would have been better to ignore that they were all aging though.

eznark

Banned
Probably not. Again though the main problem is the OL. The guys that played well last year when filling in are playing terrible this year, and the few good starters that they have are hurt the whole year. Just yesterday an Eagles beat reporter said he saw Jason Kelce at the teams complex and that his knee is swollen up to twice its normal size and that he can barely walk with it. Peters has a bad back and has had to leave 3 of the last 4 games early. Gardner got hurt and put on IR early in the season. How many team could have injuries like that on their OL and not skip a beat? Your hate hard-on for Chip is just so odd.

Maybe, but your inability to look at him critically is significantly more strange, given how much you hate Andy Reid. The 2015 Eagles are significantly worse than the 2013 Eagles. He has no one to blame but himself. That offensive line? His choice. He is in charge of all personnel decisions. You don't get to blame "these guys aren't playing well" and escape the fact that it's a talent evaluation issue. Who is doing the talent evaluation? Chip.

Maybe, but your inability to look at him critically is significantly more strange, given how much you hate Andy Reid. The 2015 Eagles are significantly worse than the 2013 Eagles. He has no one to blame but himself. That offensive line? His choice. He is in charge of all personnel decisions. You don't get to blame "these guys aren't playing well" and escape the fact that it's a talent evaluation issue. Who is doing the talent evaluation? Chip.

You are not making sense. Are you saying that Chip should have looked into the future and saw that Kelce, Peters, and Gardner would all be hurt this year? You say I am not critical enough but this board is more then critical enough when it comes to the Eagles, no need for me to also pile on.

So, Billy Davis terrible coaching aside, do you think Chip did a good job rebuilding the defense? They have good talent in pretty much every position group on the defense at this point. That's where Chip focused almost all of his energy trying to improve the team this offseason. I think he made some really good personnel decisions on that side of the ball. The last personnel decision he needs to make on that side is firing Billy Davis and replacing him with literally anyone.

This off-season he needs to rebuild the offensive side of the ball. Given that I thought he did it well on the defensive side when he focused most of his efforts there I am just going to assume he can somewhat competently do it. Then again, he might resign Bradford. With some OL help and signing a nice veteran WR things could be much better though. There's just not a ton you can do when you don't have a franchise QB.

LevelNth

Banned
Does Gronk have the lowest pain tolerance of any human on the planet?
The internet.

Didn't see that Graham has the same injury as Cruz had, that is awful. He'll likely be a write-off all next year and then turning 31 the following. Just brutal, it's going to be a grueling road back.

Top Bottom