• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 12 |OT| - A Fraud is Thankful

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Yeah, alongside "you shouldn't have been in a position for refs to decide the game" - the fact that injuries being a deciding factor is taboo is one of the most annoying thing in football.

Patriots are proving this true this season with all of their injuries.

Green Bay simply shouldn't be this bad with Nelson out.

TheFatOne

Losing Lewis hurt the Patriots the most by far.

It was killer. You could play the match up game all day with Lewis. I'm reading a lot of Pats fans being down after yesterday and I honestly don't see why. Pats played a tough game yesterday, but couldn't get it done late. A lot of that is the offense couldn't move the chains consistently. After yesterdays game I feel pretty damn good about this team against anyone. If the injured guys can come back relatively healthy.

xnipx

Yeah, alongside "you shouldn't have been in a position for refs to decide the game" - the fact that injuries being a deciding factor is taboo is one of the most annoying thing in football.

So if a Ravens fan complained about losing 75% of their team would you feel sorry for them? I'm a fan and i'm tired of hearing about it from the locals. Next man up. If the next man up isn't good enough then the blame needs to go on the organization for not properly preparing.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
There's an exception to every rule, and it helps to have one of the most tissue paper schedules in football.

Probably also helps that they're a team of cheating fucks.

2010 Packers were an absurdly injured team but we won the Super Bowl. I think generally speaking, all teams deal with injuries and the ones that manage to stay healthy are the outliers. That's generally why bitching about injuries is hard to empathize.

Except the quarterback of course. Don't think there's another single position in all of sports where you suffer a major injury and there's a good chance you're fucked.

MechDX

James Palmer ‏@JamesPalmerTV · 2m2 minutes ago
"I don't think I've ever been so pissed off after a loss. I think everyone felt the same way," Brady on sports radio WEEI.

Competitor. Leader of men.

Dragon

Banned
AFC North doesn't count? Pats have been getting free wins for years.

I'm assuming you mean the AFC East, as the Pats will only play the Steelers from the North this year.

I already argued about this with Mech yesterday, but the AFC South is right up there with the NFC East as the shittest division in football.

jmdajr

I'm assuming you mean the AFC East, as the Pats will only play the Steelers from the North this year.

I already argued about this with Mech yesterday, but the AFC South is right up there with the NFC East as the shittest division in football.

Yes my bad. And hey playing AFC East has always been great for the Texans for the most part.

I remember when AFC South used to be one of the best when Texans were total shit.
All the teams made the playoffs except the Texans.

MechDX

EP28cmP.png

AFC West and South currently have two teams heading to playoffs and the east/north have one.

Colasante

Well last night was terrible, but at least there were some positives from the Patriots. Logan Ryan and Alan Branch both played out of their minds, Malcom Brown looks like he's developing very quickly, and the offensive line wasn't as big of an issue as I thought it would be. If the team can get Gronk, Edelman, and Hightower healthy for the playoffs, they should be fine.

harSon

Banned
Probably also helps that they're a team of cheating fucks.

2010 Packers were an absurdly injured team but we won the Super Bowl. I think generally speaking, all teams deal with injuries and the ones that manage to stay healthy are the outliers. That's generally why bitching about injuries is hard to empathize.

Except the quarterback of course. Don't think there's another single position in all of sports where you suffer a major injury and there's a good chance you're fucked.

There's a pecking order to injuries a team can potentially overcome, as you mention within your own post. And not all injuries are the same, due to the fact that some players are obviously better than others. You can't just look at the word "injury" and dismiss it. You have to look at the details (What position, who were the players, was it during a tough stretch in the schedule, was it on short notice, etc.). It's obviously not the only reason a team is potentially underachieving, but to outright dismiss it as bitching is extremely disingenuous.

MechDX

Mech our Texans-Seahawks Super Bowl dreams may be coming true!!

*looks at Neogaf banner with tears in his eyes

BELIEVE

Two 6th seed teams. The Super Bowl NFL GAF deserves.

JJ vs Russell: Commercial palooza! Papa Johns, Verizon phones and Recovery water for everyone!

Godslay

Banned
The fluke to injury of two players on one play thing is pretty big for the Broncos, but they are not Gronk so we get no drama.

Troy Renck ✔ @TroyRenck
As said last night, #Broncos are bracing for Tj Ward and Sly Williams to miss some time. Will know more after MRIs today
7:36 AM - 30 Nov 2015

http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/...e-without-t-j-ward-and-sylvester-williams-for

Aside from CJ running through that gigantic hole that Stafford could fit in for the walk off rushing TD, these were probably my two favorite plays of last night. One for Shaq giving the effort and flying in, and the other because that's a throw Manning can't make anymore and Sanders torched some guy that plays CB.

Shaq flying in:
https://streamable.com/fwnr

Brock to Sanders:
https://streamable.com/1sa8

Line_HTX

The only really bad thing I remember between the Patriots and Texans was Welker's knee injury in the last game of the season...

Don't worry. That grass field will no longer be installed. NRG finally wised up on the shit grass.

Kirk Cousins needs to get the fuck out of Eli's way of the prophecy.

During his appearance on PFT Live Monday, Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald said that the decision to fire offensive coordinator Bill Lazor was made by interim head coach Dan Campbell and not executive vice president for football operations Mike Tannenbaum or anyone else in the front office.

Campbell said the same thing during his Monday press conference while discussing Lazor’s departure from the team. Campbell called it 100 percent his decision and that it came after he shared his feeling with Tannenbaum and team owner Stephen Ross. Campbell pointed to the team’s lack of balance offensively — 61 called passes in Sunday’s loss to the Jets and nine runs — as the reason why he wanted to make a change.

“We have to find a way to become a more physical offense,” Campbell said, via Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald. “We need more of a physical presence. How ever we establish that, that’s what I’m looking for. I don’t think we scare anybody in the AFC East and that bothers me. We need to find a way, even if it is two yards and a cloud of dust. … I am a more run-oriented person. I want to be more balanced. I like a more balanced approach.”

Campbell certainly isn’t the first to point out the lack of balance on offense for the Dolphins, but, then, you’d have to be blind not to pick it up. Excluding penalties that resulted in no official play, the Dolphins have dropped back to pass more than twice as often as they’ve run the ball this season and those numbers weren’t much closer during the 2014 season under Lazor either.

New offensive coordinator Zac Taylor said Monday he’s on board and that the team will “streamline what we do” to create more balance on offense moving forward. If the results aren’t any better, the end of the season will likely bring more changes to the coaching staff in Miami.

So Campbell fired Lazor? the interim HC?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/30/dan-campbell-firing-lazor-was-my-decision/

Well last night was terrible, but at least there were some positives from the Patriots. Logan Ryan and Alan Branch both played out of their minds, Malcom Brown looks like he's developing very quickly, and the offensive line wasn't as big of an issue as I thought it would be. If the team can get Gronk, Edelman, and Hightower healthy for the playoffs, they should be fine.

There could've been worse losses than last night's.

SonnyBoy

I'm so unaccustomed to find my team on the left hand side of the projected playoff chart that I took offense to what I assumed to be a slight by Fox Sports. They had the Giants "in the hunt" after we beat them, but no sign of my team.

It wasn't until the chart was discussed later in the program that I noticed my team on the left hand side. LOL I felt like an idiot and then I got really sad.

Colasante

So Campbell fired Lazor? the interim HC?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/30/dan-campbell-firing-lazor-was-my-decision/

There could've been worse losses than last night's.

Yeah, I'm still reconciling myself with the idea that Gronk won't be out for the season after I resigned myself to that fate last night. If there are no major injuries stemming from the game, then it'll just be a loss, not a catastrophic one as it seemed like during the time.

lol you think play calling is the biggest problem?
Gameplan + playcalling, yeah. Vanilla as fuck, and can't get the play in fast enough half the time.

I've been complaining about this since the Denver game!

Leaving Clements home wouldn't fix everything (I imagine our gameplans don't fall on any one guy), but it could only help.

Bread

Banned
Yeah, I'm still reconciling myself with the idea that Gronk won't be out for the season after I resigned myself to that fate last night. If there are no major injuries stemming from the game, then it'll just be a loss, not a catastrophic one as it seemed like during the time.
Yup, if Gronk and Hightower are only out 1-3 weeks then we are still the top team in the league once the playoffs roll around. That Denver team really wasn't scary if you think about all the guys we were missing that will be back in January.

Hunter S.

Aside from CJ running through that gigantic hole that Stafford could fit in for the walk off rushing TD, these were probably my two favorite plays of last night. One for Shaq giving the effort and flying in, and the other because that's a throw Manning can't make anymore and Sanders torched some guy that plays CB.

Shaq flying in:
https://streamable.com/fwnr

Brock to Sanders:
https://streamable.com/1sa8

This hit was pretty hard, despite not an incredible amount of sacks I did notice Brady took a lot of hits. The depth here has really paid off. It is great!

The Broncos are much better even with a hurt Sanders on the field. Doing the job DT has not quite done. Beauty

Edit: Manning, ugg... the dilemma that is shaping out.

eznark

Banned
Gameplan + playcalling, yeah. Vanilla as fuck, and can't get the play in fast enough half the time.

I've been complaining about this since the Denver game!

Same people are doing the game planning, like...literally the exact same group of people for the exact same amount of time as last year. Well, Edgar Bennett is allowed to speak this year, so that's a tweak.

As for play calling, I haven't noticed much of if any difference from last year. It's down to execution. If Adams plays replacement level on Thanksgiving the Packers win going away.

Same people are doing the game planning, like...literally the exact same group of people for the exact same amount of time as last year. Well, Edgar Bennett is allowed to speak this year, so that's a tweak.

As for play calling, I haven't noticed much of if any difference from last year. It's down to execution. If Adams plays replacement level on Thanksgiving the Packers win going away.
'execution' is the company line, but the Pack's offensive issues are way past that. Scheme is stale and predictable.

If Adams plays better we beat the Bears at home, so what?

Godslay

Banned
Top Bottom