• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 12 |OT| - A Fraud is Thankful

Bread

Banned
breads is saying he was here first
tumblr_ms9az7tJn91r8bxs1o2_250.gif

Thanks for posting these. It is unreal how bad the Rams offense is. If they don't finally fire Fisher then they are crazy

Reports are he's gone if they don't make the playoffs

They play the Bengals and Cards next. If they don't win both, or if they lose Sunday, dagger

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Thoughts from the Lions-Raiders game which I watched, enjoyed but also saw some problems that need to be fixed via draft or free agency.

1.) Darius Slay has now turned into a legitimate shutdown Top 5 corner in the league, especially given his skill set, speed and size (very important note). He fits that mold of shut down your big, physical receiver like he did Dez Bryant in the playoffs holding him to 0 catches and the same with Amari Cooper.

Ever since Rashean Mathis got hurt, Defensive Coordinator Teryl Austin has switched Darius Slay's role from covering one side of the field to covering whoever the best WR is on the opposing team.

He was shutting down Megatron in training camp and other than some stupid, rookieesque mistakes like going for an INT against Peyton instead of batting the ball down, he has turned into a legitimate shutdown corner that will be crucial to the Lions defense going forward.

2.) Riley Reiff our Left Tackle needs to go yesterday, or be moved to Right Tackle where he is solid. But I saw quite a few one on ones where he got blown the fuck up and it wasn't by Khalil Mack either. It was whatever no name scrub defensive end the Raiders had starting Sunday. Drafting a Left Tackle will be a priority in the draft.

3.) The offensive line and running game as a whole improved, though not at the level that is anywhere near acceptable if this offense is to reach its potential.

We've gotten a ton of help from Theo Riddick who leads all NFL RBs in receptions this season with 52 and is second in receiving yards.

theo-riddick-fifa-celebration-against-atlanta.gif

gw3.gif

Riddick was huge for us at key moments last year and it's nice to see the offense focus on him more. He, like Ameer Abdullah, is a dynamic dual threat back but Riddick has more experience under his belt so I think the offense so focus more on him on 3rd downs.

Also, Jim Bob Cooter and Stafford have gone back to more Pistol formation/Shotgun on passing downs as opposed to under center giving Stafford just an extra second to throw.

4.) Stafford came through in crunch time as expected. He is the future of this franchise if we have any chance of winning a SuperBowl these next few years.

GGs RaidersGAF but truth be told our record does not indicate how good our team actually is and IMO your team still has a lot of positions to fix. I honestly haven't been impressed with Derek Carr when I've seen him play (which is often) but he's still young and he can be a solid game managing QB going forward.

As for the Eagles tomorrow I expect the Lions to give them a beat down. We haven't had a nice solid ass kicking win in awhile and I think we're due one given the circumstances.

4-7 after tomorrow, fuck tanking for a draft spot, we have plenty of picks next year. Take it one game at a time and who knows maybe we'll be 7-7? 8-8 should be enough to get into the playoffs in the NFC this year.

squicken

Perfect haha

In all the years he has been there, aside from Gurley, have they drafted an offensive player that you know will give them 5 productive years? Tavon is the closest one, but his rookie year was pretty meh. And he's still really just a punt returner and gadget player

Did Bread ever try and cheat?

Yeah but he couldn't even get that right.

He paid BOB's Texan thugs to injure half of my starters but it backfired as he ended up blowing a last minute lead to Miami Hurricanes legend (and best QB on the Eagles roster) Stephen Morris and perpetual cripple Danario Alexander.

Say what you will about Belichick but at least he is smart enough to cheat successfully.

Perfect haha

In all the years he has been there, aside from Gurley, have they drafted an offensive player that you know will give them 5 productive years? Tavon is the closest one, but his rookie year was pretty meh. And he's still really just a punt returner and gadget player

Nope. Robinson is shaping up to be one of the all time busts, Tre Mason, Pead, Givens, Quick, nobody has turned out to be good.

It's also why I expect Gurley to be struck down by career ending deep vein thrombosis on the flight to London next season. The Rams aren't allowed to have anything good, hopefully the public at large doesn't notice that Donald is incredible or he'll be next.

Kas, it's crazy that Riddick is #1 in receptions in the fourth quarter. He should just be the starter now since Matt has tons of confidence to throw the short ball to him.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
A blog post about my weekly readings.. looking over the importance of equity in education. If I wasn't asked to bring up each chapter, I'd write it and then go to bed.

Give the hispanic kids all the good shit since we gonna rule this place soon enough and it's best if they aren't so dumb.

EQUITY!

Top Bottom