• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 12 |OT| - A Fraud is Thankful

Happy Thanksgiving!

giphy.gif

JABEE

The backlash against Chip Kelly has reached an exaggerated state.

Chip Kelly went 10-6 in both of his first two seasons with a combination of Bradford/Vick/Foles/Sanchez/Barkley at QB.

He is currently 4-6 this season with a legitimate, chance to win the NFC East in two out of his first three seasons as an NFL coach.

People are out there calling him a snake-oil salesman and everyone is getting their barbs in, but Kelly has been fairly successful as a new coach on the league.

Everyone seemed to expect that Kelly would win in the playoffs with slop at QB? I had great expectations this season with Bradford and what I saw in the preseason, but it's clear Bradford is not a quality QB.

All you have to do is see what other teams have done when their backups have come in and compare that to what Lelly did with Foles in 2013.

When Rodgers went down, when Romo went down etc.

So many teams are propped up by QB play.

Kelly has won a division and is 24-18 as an NFL Head coach in spite of this defeciency.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Raptors wearing these OVO inspired jerseys for #DrakeNight

Kave! What a time to be alive!
My boy got a whole night :")

Late as hell but my friend this isn't even the first time.

This is the third annual Drake night. These are the perks we get for having Drake repping the 6ix.

Those black and gold jerseys are hot as hell.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Found one for gata too

https://djemir.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/hushteenpartysanfranciscocaliforniaflyerthanksgivingedition6x9.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Those are 14-18 year olds?

[quote="Kave_Man, post: 186862679"]Late as hell but my friend this isn't even the first time.

This is the third annual Drake night. These are the perks we get for having Drake [B]repping the 6ix[/B].

Those black and gold jerseys are hot as hell.[/QUOTE]

Is that like 7torm?

The backlash against Chip Kelly has reached an exaggerated state.

Chip Kelly went 10-6 in both of his first two seasons with a combination of Bradford/Vick/Foles/Sanchez/Barkley at QB.

He is currently 4-6 this season with a legitimate, chance to win the NFC East in two out of his first three seasons as an NFL coach.

People are out there calling him a snake-oil salesman and everyone is getting their barbs in, but Kelly has been fairly successful as a new coach on the league.

Everyone seemed to expect that Kelly would win in the playoffs with slop at QB? I had great expectations this season with Bradford and what I saw in the preseason, but it's clear Bradford is not a quality QB.

All you have to do is see what other teams have done when their backups have come in and compare that to what Lelly did with Foles in 2013.

When Rodgers went down, when Romo went down etc.

So many teams are propped up by QB play.

Kelly has won a division and is 24-18 as an NFL Head coach in spite of this defeciency.

It's not without warrant in my opinion. You don't banish everybody on the fucking roster, replace them with notoriously hurt and/or bad players, and promise you'll fix them and make playoffs, and have a losing record while looking this bad 10 games in and failing to fix any of them, and expect no criticism for any of it.

JABEE

It's not without warrant in my opinion. You don't banish everybody on the fucking roster, replace them with notoriously hurt and/or bad players, and promise you'll fix them and make playoffs, and have a losing record while looking this bad 10 games in and failing to fix any of them, and expect no criticism for any of it.
I understand criticism, but run someone out of town, label as a failure/college reject after going 4-6 after 10 games is a bit over-the-top.

I'm not happy. Kelly should face criticism, but the readiness everyone has to run Kelly out of town is nuts. He will find another job in the NFL if the Eagles let him go. Kelly won't have any issue.

ed: ^^ They shouldn't have given him all that power. It's never worked in NFL history to make a guy both coach and GM. He clearly wanted that, so he needs to face the consequences of failure. If he doesn't improve next year (he won't), he should be on his ass. As for running him out of town, a decent vocal part of the fanbase to this day doesn't regret running McNabb out or how poorly they treated Reid for years

@NBCSports 5m
An anonymous agent reportedly says @Eagles coach Chip Kelly has "lost the team." http://tw.nbcsports.com/X70

Indy's probably getting Payton, and I could see Pagano trying to make one last run in Tennessee or somewhere

There would be options, but Chip's not any team's #1 option (or #2 if Pagano isn't retiring). Hell, may not even be #3, Peyton's considering coaching if no team wants him to play next year

Striker

I understand criticism, but run someone out of town, label as a failure/college reject after going 4-6 after 10 games is a bit over-the-top.
The schedule so far hasn't been very good, so that's the test. They should beat the Lions, but we saw how last week went. After that there's the Patriots, Bills, Cardinals, Redskins (who already beat them), and the Giants again (a number they have). It could be 8-8 eventually, it could also be 5-11 or 6-10.

Man, people really go hard against the Eagles for no apparent reason.

The schedule so far hasn't been very good, so that's the test. They should beat the Lions, but we saw how last week went. After that there's the Patriots, Bills, Cardinals, Redskins (who already beat them), and the Giants again (a number they have). It could be 8-8 eventually, it could also be 5-11 or 6-10.

Sure. And if they had a good kicker or another teams kicker would actually miss a kick against them they'd probably be 7-3 right now.

effzee

Not so sure about that, honestly.

I think he's better off going back to college

I hear this often but don't get it. Why is he better off in college? He won 10 games in year 1 and 2. That's after taking over a 4-12 team that Reid had run into the ground. In fact if not for the NFL rules that division winner gets in automatically, Eagles make it into the playoffs over the Panthers last year. They finished 10-6 and missed playoffs.

The main problem, as is with most teams, is that unless you have an answer at qb you only go so far. Chip the GM failed by taking the risk and picking up Bradford and not replenishing the oline when veterans weren't retained.

But he has improved the D (outside the Bucks game).

I still believe in him as a coach and wish he stays. People wanted McNabb gone after year 3 and Reid gone after year 5. You have to give a new regime/coach a chance. Had he been 2-12 or 1-15 his first two seasons I'd understand the rush to get rid of him.

Team is relatively young. They need the oline to be improved and find a QB, not easy obviously, but I don't see how or why Chip has to leave or that he isn't fit to coach in the NFL.

Typical overreacting. This is really his first year as gm/coach and he has yet to find his QB. He deserves more time. In fact they are still only 1 game out of the divisor lead with games against the Redskins and Giants left.

Hell if they still can't draft a QB, possible big names might be available. Kaep and RG3 come to mind. He'll had he picked up Tyrod Taylor they would be 2 games better.

effzee

Anyway for the Eagles to win D has to get back to forcing turnovers. They dropped 3 picks against Winston and another 2 against the Dolphins the week before.

This offense is too inconsistent D needs to be the difference and force at least 2 turnovers

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I am hoping to be thankful for Cowboy and Eagle losses today.

ed: ^^ They shouldn't have given him all that power. It's never worked in NFL history to make a guy both coach and GM. He clearly wanted that, so he needs to face the consequences of failure. If he doesn't improve next year (he won't), he should be on his ass. As for running him out of town, a decent vocal part of the fanbase to this day doesn't regret running McNabb out or how poorly they treated Reid for years

@NBCSports 5m
An anonymous agent reportedly says @Eagles coach Chip Kelly has "lost the team." http://tw.nbcsports.com/X70
It worked for Parcells with the Cowboys and is currently working for the Pats. They won the SB last year and are 10-0 this year.

Parcell's coaching tree is the GOAT

Indy's probably getting Payton, and I could see Pagano trying to make one last run in Tennessee or somewhere

There would be options, but Chip's not any team's #1 option (or #2 if Pagano isn't retiring). Hell, may not even be #3, Peyton's considering coaching if no team wants him to play next year

You think teams would prefer Chuck Pagano to Chip Kelly?

effzee

I am hoping to be thankful for Cowboy and Eagle losses today.

It worked for Parcells with the Cowboys and is currently working for the Pats. They won the SB last year and are 10-0 this year.

Parcell's coaching tree is the GOAT

And whether it works or not can't be determined 3/4 of the way of the first season. He replaced one mediocre QB with another but luckily he is a FA after this season so there is no long term commitment.

effzee

You think teams would prefer Chuck Pagano to Chip Kelly?

Lol WTF I don't think any team would want Pagano over Chip.

If Chip leaves, going to Tennessee would be ideal for him. Reunites with Mariota and can run his offense to its fullest capabilities.

But all I've heard from people who are knowledgeable, meaning local guys and not the national media types, is that Chip likes the NFL, likes it in Philly, and the owner loves him.

If he leaves I'll be shocked.

If that's the case, Giants should be 9-1.

Well thats the point isn't it. People need to be able to look beyond purely just the record when evaluating a coach who has had two 10-6 seasons in his first two years. Bradford was a massive miss, but Foles wasn't the answer, Sanchez clearly isn't the answer. He swung on Bradford and missed, but you can't just fire a coach the second you aren't winning.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Happy Thanksgiving you fucks!

edit: How has Chip Kelly lost the locker room when they're...half a game out of first? They have the tiebreaker right now with New York....

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Happy Thanksgiving you fucks!

edit: How has Chip Kelly lost the locker room when they're...half a game out of first? They have the tiebreaker right now with New York....
Someone brought me McDs breakfast. Kicked them out. Day ruined.

Top Bottom