• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 12 |OT| - A Fraud is Thankful

So if Amendola is out the Patriots only have 2 healthy wide receivers.

Neat.

I think one of those wide receivers was signed off the practice squad on ... Wednesday too.

BRING BACK KENBRELL 2015

Gronk is the piece that makes the Pats offense work. As long as he's healthy, they're fine.

Yep, Gronk is the key to success or failure for NE. When Gronk is healthy, they've been good, when Gronk isn't, the offense can't move the ball. Although their offense is definitely not what it was... 3 games ago, without the #1 RB, #1 WR, #2 WR. Although the offensive line is still made of shitty nonames from your local YMCA. At least that's consistent.

Godslay

Banned
There's a difference between having subpar weapons and no weapons.

You've got the atom bomb in Gronk.

I'm sure they'll manage with a potential GOAT TE that commands double teams at a minimum.

Yep, Gronk is the key to success or failure for NE. When Gronk is healthy, they've been good, when Gronk isn't, the offense can't move the ball. Although their offense is definitely not what it was... 3 games ago, without the #1 RB, #1 WR, #2 WR. Although the offensive line is still made of shitty nonames from your local YMCA. At least that's consistent.

That OL you complain about, is pretty much the most average OL in the league according to the actual numbers. It's enough to get the job done, and consequently go 10-0 against stiff competition.

I think one of those wide receivers was signed off the practice squad on ... Wednesday too.

BRING BACK KENBRELL 2015

He's on the Jets. Pretty sure the Pats are going to have to look elsewhere when scraping from the barrel. Maybe they can overlook Reggie Wayne's trash talk on the way out. Or just sign three more tight ends.

Crisco

Banned
Patriots are 10-0 and play in the AFC East, they've practically got the #1 seed already locked up. Who cares if a couple receivers miss a few games and they don't finish the regular season undefeated. They'll be back for a playoff run through a craptastic AFC. I think the Steelers are the only team with a chance to go to NE and win in January.

That OL you complain about, is pretty much the most average OL in the league according to the actual numbers. It's enough to get the job done, and consequently go 10-0 against stiff competition.

PFF Ranked this offensive line the 31st worst in the league for pass blocking going into the season. I think Brady effectively getting rid of the ball quickly and their offensive scheme designed around quick plays makes a difference.

I think it could improve though with Volmer and Cannon back once they get settled with another game under their belt.

Patriots are 10-0 and play in the AFC East, they've practically got the #1 seed already locked up. Who cares if a couple receivers miss a few games and they don't finish the regular season undefeated. They'll be back for a playoff run through a craptastic AFC. I think the Steelers are the only team with a chance to go to NE and win in January.

A pretty big part of me doesn't want them to go undefeated as it is, even though that's defeatist, and also I just assume they'll lose at least one game down the stretch. I'm with you on Pittsburgh, but also I think Denver with Brock could be more effective than Denver with Manning.

MechDX

Its the NFL playoffs where anything can happen. Always get a couple teams who shouldn't even make the playoffs but get hot and get in. No one wants to play them and they become a disruptive force.

Its the NFL playoffs where anything can happen. Always get a couple teams who shouldn't even make the playoffs but get hot and get in. No one wants to play them and they become a disruptive force.

Yep this too... Going into the playoffs last year Pittsburgh looked like the dominant wild card team in the AFC, and they got bounced by Baltimore, who then also almost beat NE. And then Denver looked to be a mismatch for Indy, and Indy pretty easily rolled them as Manning really looked weak, only to get trounced in the championship game.

Playoffs are a reset.

Tom Penny

Steelers are a problem. Brown is just crazy good. No team can eliminate him when Ben plays.

Ravens signed WR Chris Matthews to their practice squad.

Matthews blew up for 109 yards and a score for the Seahawks in last year's Super Bowl, but he caught just four passes for Seattle in nine games before being waived last week. In a decimated receiver corps, perhaps Matthews can get a shot later in the season.
A little surprised other teams didn't give him a look.

Godslay

Banned
PFF Ranked this offensive line the 31st worst in the league for pass blocking. I think Brady effectively getting rid of the ball quickly and their offensive scheme designed around quick plays makes a difference.

I think it could improve though with Volmer and Cannon back once they get settled with another game under their belt.

PFF is far from perfect mind you.

The are dead middle in the league for giving up sacks, hits, and hurries.

As I've said prior (going back to towards the beginning of the season when these injuries started happening) the OL doesn't matter much when you have Brady's quick release, Gronk mismatch, and the quick short dink/dunk routes that develop quickly. The Patriots know how to disperse the pressure in many ways. Plenty of Pats fans, and other fans alike laughed at that statement. Yet here we are, the #1 offense keeps rolling.

We're talking about an autistic idiot savant football coach combined with HoF TE and HoF QB with a perfect record and the #1 D in the league?

Good luck Brock and Broncos, you are going to need it.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I hope y'all are excited as I am!

PRIMETIME!

PRIMETIME!

PRIMETIME!

I am going to enjoy this Monday night game, I've been waiting years for this!

And yes I know the season is done with and has been since 5 games ago but I don't care!

Milchjon

Ed Werder:

Rex Ryan defense pressured Tom Brady on 20 of his 40 dropbacks, highest pct QB under duress in 7 years. Still #Bills couldn't beat him

MechDX

i

Yaters gonna Yate

bionic77

Ed Werder:

Rex Ryan defense pressured Tom Brady on 20 of his 40 dropbacks, highest pct QB under duress in 7 years. Still #Bills couldn't beat him
Wow Tammy doesn't get pressured much if that stat is true.

I remember when Ben only getting pressured on 50% of his dropbacks was a good stat for our offensive lines.

Fuck the Pats and their facist qb.

Godslay

Banned

I remember when Ben only getting pressured on 50% of his dropbacks was a good stat for our offensive lines.

I'd like to see an official stat regarding this, but it seems like there was a ton of empty set last night. Not a lot of max protect either from what I could tell.

It's almost like Pats said fuck your pass rush, we'll take the chance of Brady getting hit to get the chance to pick the D apart.

You'd have to ask someone like LJ to see what he saw. I'm just going off a few snaps that it stuck out.

squicken

I doubt he is in any danger, but we'll see how the season finishes out. It they actually quit on him then that will be something. I mostly think the Tampa game was just one of those days for the defense. There were so many blown chances for turnovers

There's an underlying issue with the LBs, though. Kiko is not right, Ryans is slow and Kendricks is inconsistent. Offense is going to have to start pulling more weight

Line_HTX

So who are the MVP choices this year again?

Cam
Brady
Watt

I don't mind someone else getting it. Maybe Carson Palmer?

So, I was way outside of the city for Renaissance Festival, so even through the radio I didn't get to hear much of the 3rd quarter. How did Revis get out?

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
So with WW3 starting soon Watt can get his three-peat world war champions t shirt in a few years.

LJ11

I'd like to see an official stat regarding this, but it seems like there was a ton of empty set last night. Not a lot of max protect either from what I could tell.

It's almost like Pats said fuck your pass rush, we'll take the chance of Brady getting hit to get the chance to pick the D apart.

You'd have to ask someone like LJ to see what he saw. I'm just going off a few snaps that it stuck out.

Pats go empty a lot, they didn't as much in the first half, but definitely did in the second (no numbers to back it up, just what I remember, which is never good, lol). Thing is, Rex was getting heat with 4 man fake pressure last night, I mean guys were coming clean. It was fun to watch. They count on Brady making the right call and read.

Milchjon

For comparison, last year's stats.

AFAIK, this year Brady gets the ball out about as quick, if not quicker, on average as that number they have for Peyton last year (don't have the numbers for yesterday, of course. But it wasn't like his passes were especially deep.). Still, he was pressured about 2.5x as much.

Top Bottom