• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 12 |OT| - A Fraud is Thankful

I'd like to see an official stat regarding this, but it seems like there was a ton of empty set last night. Not a lot of max protect either from what I could tell.

It's almost like Pats said fuck your pass rush, we'll take the chance of Brady getting hit to get the chance to pick the D apart.

You'd have to ask someone like LJ to see what he saw. I'm just going off a few snaps that it stuck out.

That's kind of what they usually do; and usually either they pick it up or Brady has it out fast enough because someone got open just enough. If you can't get home with the 4 rushers Brady will generally find a hole in the defense to throw to.

The thing is, the Bills were getting home with just 4 rushers, and disguising it well. Brady had trouble setting the protection and the coverage was generally there. It's almost the same kinds of things the Pats used to get to Peyton last year.

Godslay

Banned
Pats go empty a lot, they didn't as much in the first half, but definitely did in the second (no numbers to back it up, just what I remember, which is never good, lol). Thing is, Rex was getting heat with 4 man fake pressure last night, I mean guys were coming clean. It was fun to watch. They count on Brady making the right call and read.

If I had Gamepass I'd watch it again to confirm. Then again I don't care that much. General jist of it remains the same in that Brady will make it work 95% of the time, even with pressure on.

Tom Penny

Pretty sure Bills played a ton if dime and their Oline did nothing to get the run game going so then you are throwing into tons of DBs

I'd like to see an official stat regarding this, but it seems like there was a ton of empty set last night. Not a lot of max protect either from what I could tell.

It's almost like Pats said fuck your pass rush, we'll take the chance of Brady getting hit to get the chance to pick the D apart.

You'd have to ask someone like LJ to see what he saw. I'm just going off a few snaps that it stuck out.

I'd have to see the stats to confirm too, but Gronk and Chandler were both in to block more often than usual last night... but that's just anecdotal watching the game.

They ran a lot of empty sets last night as well, more than I would have wanted, but also Bolden and White whiffed on blitz pickup a dozen times. On that final long play to Amendola which set up the Patriot's touchdown, White completely missed on the blitzer. Brady was able to shuffle to the side and not get clocked, but it was a free runner while white was chipping a guy already being blocked by 2 players.

Hindl

Romo misses 7 games, cowboys lose 7 games

Romo is back, they have their first 10 point lead of the season

It's obviously Romo

Romo needs to finish the season winning out. Then maybe he's in the talks. But beating up the Dolphins, Eagles, and Giants does not make an MVP.

I doubt he is in any danger, but we'll see how the season finishes out. It they actually quit on him then that will be something. I mostly think the Tampa game was just one of those days for the defense. There were so many blown chances for turnovers

There's an underlying issue with the LBs, though. Kiko is not right, Ryans is slow and Kendricks is inconsistent. Offense is going to have to start pulling more weight

Lurie is a patient guy, and he's not going to throw Chip out even if he loses out for the rest of the season. I think there would have to be a massive fuck up for Chip to not at least finish his contract (2017 season). Lurie will give him time and if things don't improve, he'll move on.

It's 2015 why do we still have encumbrance? Can't carry any more waifu pillows back to the homebase.

Encumbrance actually sucks in Fallout specifically given that game encourages you to pick up everything to scrap for materials. In games like Skyrim, sure. But with a crafting system so heavily embedded into the game, encumbrance doesn't make sense. Luckily on PC you can just open the console to give unlimited encumbrance.

I hope y'all are excited as I am!

PRIMETIME!

PRIMETIME!

PRIMETIME!

I am going to enjoy this Monday night game, I've been waiting years for this!

And yes I know the season is done with and has been since 5 games ago but I don't care!

Kave_Man
come in my shame circle

Yeah, Kas seemed OK.

On the other hand, Bread really is a racist* Trump supporter

*Is there any other kind?

No
I didn't want to say anything cause I was scared. But bread has said some very questionable things to me on live. I hope I'm safe right now...

Also u can take me off auto pilot if I'm not already. Your brother just sent me a message

Go Steelers

hE9OCxB.gif

Godslay

Banned
@Pats fans:

I'm not sweating it.

I've had this one pegged as a loss ever since the decline of Manning became a solid reality.

#2 Den D vs #1 Pats O
#32 Den O vs #1 Pats D

Should be a walk in the park for the Pats.

Encumbrance actually sucks in Fallout specifically given that game encourages you to pick up everything to scrap for materials. In games like Skyrim, sure. But with a crafting system so heavily embedded into the game, encumbrance doesn't make sense. Luckily on PC you can just open the console to give unlimited encumbrance.

Fast travel and stash. I don't see what the problem is. I've been playing it on Xbox and it really hasn't bothered me. Only real issue I've had with the game is the companion AI are dumb as fuck. Really irritating at times.

Line_HTX

I didn't want to say anything cause I was scared. But bread has said some very questionable things to me on live. I hope I'm safe right now...

Also u can take me off auto pilot if I'm not already. Your brother just sent me a message

Bread makes you unsafe?

:O

I'll do it next time I'm on Madden. If you get on before I do then you should be able to take yourself off auto-pilot.

Gonna give the Rainbow Six Beta a go now, it's open to everyone so you can download it as well and we can teach those naughty terrorists a thing or two.

Don't worry about Bread, we'll be fine as long as us minorities stick together.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis

Stay strong BG

squicken

Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot
The #Browns Manziel party video couldn't have been that old. The song he was singing, March Madness by Future, came out in mid-March

There's like 8 things that cracked me up about this. MKC tweeting about a Future song is pretty damn awesome

After playing halo with Kas I can confirm he sounded like a reasonable human being who only referenced Stafford once when provoked by Yankee. This is refreshing. Restore the Roar.

You joined late. The second I got in the party kas started saying some nonsense about fatford. Even worse was boban trying to talk smack about Foles and Bradford.

I doubt he is in any danger, but we'll see how the season finishes out. It they actually quit on him then that will be something. I mostly think the Tampa game was just one of those days for the defense. There were so many blown chances for turnovers

There's an underlying issue with the LBs, though. Kiko is not right, Ryans is slow and Kendricks is inconsistent. Offense is going to have to start pulling more weight

The LBs have been by far the biggest disappointment this year. Kiko looked like he might be something against Atlanta but then he got hurt in the 2nd game and has been totally invisible since he came back. The DL is completely carrying the D, so I guess it was just a matter of time before they had a bad game and the D fell apart. Hopefully they remember how to catch on Thursday, I am sure fatford will try and serve up some ints.

Hindl

Fast travel and stash. I don't see what the problem is. I've been playing it on Xbox and it really hasn't bothered me. Only real issue I've had with the game is the companion AI are dumb as fuck. Really irritating at times.

I'd be fine with that if it wasn't for the loading times. Or if you could fast travel from within buildings. I've often run across encumbrance when I'm in some dungeon or building or whatever, so then I have to drop my stuff, travel out of the building and wait for that load time, Fast travel and that load time, dump it off, fast travel load time back, load time back into the building, and then navigate my way back down. It's not a huge issue, but it takes about 3-5 minutes each time, and it just started aggravating the hell out of me. So I just said fuck it and gave myself unlimited encumbrance. I understand for a lot of people it's not a big deal, and for others it's part of the immersion, having decide what to take and what to leave. But it's just annoying for me, and I wish there was an official toggle for it or something for people who don't want to play with it, while allowing the people who don't mind it/like it to use it.

I'll agree with the AI though, it's still a Bethesda game so that stuff is just always bad

I'd be fine with that if it wasn't for the loading times. Or if you could fast travel from within buildings. I've often run across encumbrance when I'm in some dungeon or building or whatever, so then I have to drop my stuff, travel out of the building and wait for that load time, Fast travel and that load time, dump it off, fast travel load time back, load time back into the building, and then navigate my way back down. It's not a huge issue, but it takes about 3-5 minutes each time, and it just started aggravating the hell out of me. So I just said fuck it and gave myself unlimited encumbrance. I understand for a lot of people it's not a big deal, and for others it's part of the immersion, having decide what to take and what to leave. But it's just annoying for me, and I wish there was an official toggle for it or something for people who don't want to play with it, while allowing the people who don't mind it/like it to use it.

I'll agree with the AI though, it's still a Bethesda game so that stuff is just always bad

I've been finding the ecumbrance pretty annoying too. I've used my companions to take a lot of junk for me, and also if you have power armor on I think you get another 100 weight points to use, although power armor itself takes up a lot.

I find going back and forth pretty annoying.

Another thing you can do is to setup supply lines, which you can do if you're a local leader perk 1, and that allows you to share resources in all of your settlements/homes, so maybe you don't want to fast travel back to sanctuary when you're in Boston, so you can go to your home in dIamond city, drop your junk off, and then it's shared everywhere.

But I agree, it's annoying because f hiow you're encouraged to collect junk... and I do love the crafting system.

At least modders can fix Bethedas game. Not sure how that works on console.

Xbox One is supposed to get PC mods before the end of 2015... but unsure of which ones they'll include. Obviously no graphics upgrades, but I can imagine they'll have some like this.

Godslay

Banned

I usually dump everything after I clear an area, mission, etc.

Haven't really ran into troubles with being overloaded. Happened a couple times, but just ended up dumping some junk and going on.

It does require some active management though, which I think is more of the issue for some gamers.

Character also revolves around Perception, Luck, Agility, more so than Strength.

MechDX

I usually dump everything after I clear an area, mission, etc.

Haven't really ran into troubles with being overloaded. Happened a couple times, but just ended up dumping some junk and going on.

It does require some active management though, which I think is more of the issue for some gamers.

I hate managing a ton of shit in games. Still have not opened my copy yet.

Still may trade it off

Godslay

Banned
I hate managing a ton of shit in games. Still have not opened my copy yet.

Still may trade it off

Really you just dump all the invaluable stuff or if you have room just sell it or scrap it.

Store the stuff you want to keep in chests or workstations.

It's like anything else, where a little organization goes a long way.

squicken

Man this .gif cracks me up:

https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/NW4Eegydq6nHkYb6AAoUZx25Zlc=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4218887/kapwat.0.gif[/IM][/QUOTE]

For some reason the media has it in their heads that he is Chip's next QB? Why would Chip want him?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Yankee I apologize but it looks like I might finally get a PS4.

I hope that you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

eznark

Banned
For some reason the media has it in their heads that he is Chip's next QB? Why would Chip want him?

I bet they will bring him in. He'll be a cheap as hell free agent, is too dumb to think for himself so he will be perfect for the QB-from-the-sidelines approach Chip likes and keeps the read option run threat viable.

Plus Chip traded for Bradford, he has proved he doesn't care about actual QB talent.

Yeah it makes no sense. Every time I have heard chip speak about QBs he says that accuracy is the most important quality. Kap has terrible accuracy, and also makes horrible decisions. People complain about Bradford, but he is completing 64% of his passes to this garbage WR group. Kap completing 50%, but also running 5 times a game, is not going to help the offense at all.

Yankee I apologize but it looks like I might finally get a PS4.

I hope that you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

I bought a PS4 day one. Your post makes no sense.

MechDX

Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot · 8m8 minutes ago  Ohio, USA
#Browns Pettine is obviously considering benching Manziel for #Ravens game: "it's disappointing. very"

Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot · 3m3 minutes ago  Ohio, USA
#Browns Pettine on Manziel: "when it's a repeated pattern of behavior, it's a concern"

Johnny, Johnny, Johnny...there comes a point you just realize you screwed up and cut your losses.

Schaub vs. McCown on MNF. the game NFL GAF deserves.

He's signed a lot of hurt/bad players with the mentality that they can be fixed. Not that much of a stretch that if he's able to continue doing it, Kaep would be next

@Pats fans:

I'm not sweating it.

I've had this one pegged as a loss ever since the decline of Manning became a solid reality.

#2 Den D vs #1 Pats O
#32 Den O vs #1 Pats D

Should be a walk in the park for the Pats.

I think the broncos win

Top Bottom