• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 13 |OT| - A Fraud Gorged on Thanksgiving

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Stop throwing down the seams so much then, Tom.

Finley was a good player. Instant matchup problem anywhere you lined him up. It'd be great to have him.

(the unfulfilled potential was always the frustrating part)

He had so many bad games and pivotal drops. He had zero issue getting open and could have been our Gronk potentially

Definitely frustrating

No it isn't
Go root for the titans you fuck!
:jnc.. I wouldn't dare to watch a Chargers game there because it's garbage getting in the parking lot, worse getting in the stadium and lol more opponent fans than local. Same as PetCo fans. I'll just go as far as Del Mar and that's it.

squicken

For my friend ez

Good or bad, it's Chip Kelly at the Eagles' controls

AFTER MALCOLM JENKINS complained about not getting enough of an overview of how mistakes are addressed to be an effective leader outside of his position grouping, the veteran safety basically was told, "Yeah, and that's how we like it."

You can draw a direct line from Jenkins not feeling comfortable telling, say, a linebacker who needs to find his way into the correct gap just a tad more often, to quarterback Sam Bradford not really running a huddle, or controlling the offense in any tangible sense.

Control rests on the sideline, with the guy who decides which placards are thrust into the air for each offensive position group to read. Bradford can adjust plays postsnap, but he has neither authority nor capability to audible into a different play before he gets the ball.

This is a coach whose ideal is to have multiple players with the same physical traits at each position, so he can survive injuries with continuity. In theory, this makes sense. In practice, it amounts to more de-emphasizing of the individual player; the control-power pendulum swings harder toward the coach. (And then there's the whole thing about the NFL not really working that way - two mediocre guys with the same attributes don't equal one true playmaker, as anyone who watches the Eagles' wide receivers might tell you.)

Bread

Banned
:jnc.. I wouldn't dare to watch a Chargers game there because it's garbage getting in the parking lot, worse getting in the stadium and lol more opponent fans than local. Same as PetCo fans. I'll just go as far as Del Mar and that's it.
San Diego is a wonderful place and LA is dirty

Farooq

Banned
Want to discuss Luke's first INT.

Cowboys running a variation of a dagger concept out of 3×1 double slot formation. Witten runs a seam and Williams runs a dig in the vacated area and Beasley runs a Curl. Panthers are in tampa 2 coverage, Luke's zone is the deep middle.

The Dagger concept usually has a shallow cross running from the backside creating a hi-lo read of the cross and the dig. This concept is variation most commonly called "sucker". Mentioned Beasley's curl, against tampa 2 (or cover 2) it is suppose to hold the hook defender, while the vertical concept takes the Mike and the playside safety, opening up the Dig. It is a hi-lo read of the dig and curl assuming the vertical concept carries the Mike.

Intially it looks like Luke is carrying Witten up the seam, and Williams dig opening up in the vacated area. Luke anticipates the dig and passes Witten off to Harper. With Luke's amazing range he is able to make a play. Also shows how much trust the defense has in each other. Luke trusting Harper on the pass off so he can be aggressive and jump the dig. Conceptually the dagger concept is a good tampa 2 beater, especially if you get the Mike to open his hips while carrying vertical route. Luke probably knew the dig was coming. Also doesn't help that Romo was staring down Williams.

dSjNo6H.jpg

@RapSheet
Spoke to #Raiders owner Mark Davis, who reiterated he is not going to St. Louis, not going to Santa Clara. It's Oakland or LA for #Raiders.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
You and gata will be the only jag fans around here.
Calling me a jags fan? Fuck you!
Ooooohh tough guy in here. No CapriSun for you fella.

BE: that's cool of them to get you a microwave
pfft capri sun sucks

it doesnt actually but I'm gonna say it does now
@RapSheet
Spoke to #Raiders owner Mark Davis, who reiterated he is not going to St. Louis, not going to Santa Clara. It's Oakland or LA for #Raiders.

Poor Zeke

Beach

Cowboys running a variation of a dagger concept out of 3×1 double slot formation. Witten runs a seam and Williams runs a dig in the vacated area and Beasley runs a Curl. Panthers are in tampa 2 coverage, Luke's zone is the deep middle.

The Dagger concept usually has a shallow cross running from the backside creating a hi-lo read of the cross and the dig. This concept is variation most commonly called "sucker". Mentioned Beasley's curl, against tampa 2 (or cover 2) it is suppose to hold the hook defender, while the vertical concept takes the Mike and the playside safety, opening up the Dig. It is a hi-lo read of the dig and curl assuming the vertical concept carries the Mike.

Intially it looks like Luke is carrying Witten up the seam, and Williams dig opening up in the vacated area. Luke anticipates the dig and passes Witten off to Harper. With Luke's amazing range he is able to make a play. Also shows how much trust the defense has in each other. Luke trusting Harper on the pass off so he can be aggressive and jump the dig. Conceptually the dagger concept is a good tampa 2 beater, especially if you get the Mike to open his hips while carrying vertical route. Luke probably knew the dig was coming. Also doesn't help that Romo was staring down Williams.

dSjNo6H.jpg
Thanks for posting this. Romo didn't look off of Williams at all since the snap.

squicken

Also doesn't help that Romo was staring down Williams.

dSjNo6H.jpg

-Is Tyron Smith hurt? Few games this year I have seen get beat in ways I haven't before.

-Garrett is fired, right? Lots of teams are able to manage their way to a few wins w/o the starting QB. He can't? Disappointing

-Who would take that job having to work for Jerry if they did fire him?

Farooq

Banned
Thanks for posting this. Romo didn't look off of Williams at all since the snap.

True, but Luke has this amazing ability to close on gaps in between zones. Throwing to the middle is fucking dangerous with Panthers LBs.

Luke's second INT, the way he carried Witten was a like a DB.

-Is Tyron Smith hurt? Few games this year I have seen get beat in ways I haven't before.

-Garrett is fired, right? Lots of teams are able to manage their way to a few wins w/o the starting QB. He can't? Disappointing

No way Garret is getting fired. He's Jerry's boy.

And yeah something is definitely up with Tyron Smith lately, he was injured in preseason and could possibly have been playing hurt all year.

Garrett's not getting fired. Record's got to be disappointing, but nobody could win with a depth chart of Weeden/Cassel starting games while you let your franchise QB die twice in a year

MechDX

Garrett could be fired if Sean Payton hits the open market. I think the Saints may trade him before they just let him go

They need to rebuild and cut major cap and I can't see Payton wanting to stay

Farooq

Banned

Don't know about Tyron. Had a strained bicep in the preseason I think.

I don't really fault the offensive coaching as much as the FO for not having a quality back up for Romo. Every game during the losing streak there were plays to made. Correct concepts called against the defensive coverage but the QB couldn't see the field and made the wrong reads. The Cowboys lost by a score or less in 6 of of those 7 games. Missed opportunities cost them a lot.

I don't know who would want the job. I don't know. I think Garrett is here until Romo retires though.

I should be better. I do have Scam as QB & Patriots D. Just proof they're frauds!!

You autodrafted Leveon Bell and LeSean McCoy.. and besides half the freaking league is like 4-7.. I think Me, PD, and Shia were the only ones with a record above .500

I need to beat Stranga's ass this week to not lose the top seed to PD

So we can either watch tomorrows game, or The Game Awards 2015.....sorry Rodgers I don't think you can win this match up either.

We need to support the Detroit Lions Printer... If they win, they will take away Cleveland's future QB
bust
and we can't have that, can we?

tom brady wants a penalty for going low on receivers now too? if you can't hit them high, and you can't hit them low.... what is the defense supposed to do? what a fucking baby
Seriously. Between that and the constant bitching at the refs, the guy just comes off as a complete pussy. Does he realize he's playing tackle football ffs?

You autodrafted Leveon Bell and LeSean McCoy.. and besides half the freaking league is like 4-7.. I think Me, PD, and Shia were the only ones with a record above .500

I need to beat Stranga's ass this week to not lose the top seed to PD

I was set at RB's. Shady, Bell & Freeman. I still got 2 Weeks to sneak in.

Top Bottom