• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 13 |OT| - A Fraud Gorged on Thanksgiving

Generate

Banned
Posted already?
CVW_vZTWoAAQQdj.png:orig

Just like the Browns game and one other one this year I cant remember.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'm over "ignore is for weaklings". Used to think so for years, but it's totally pointless.

You wouldn't want hang out with dipshits, lowlifes and psychos in real life either, and it's harder to avoid it on the internet.

If a dog took a shit on your living room carpet, would you also not clean it up just to show how tough you are?

Tabris and some others are that pile of poo on the NeoGAF carpet.

image.php

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Matt Maiocco Verified account
‏@MaioccoCSN

Source: Paraag Marathe is being reassigned from president of the 49ers. He’ll still be team’s cap guy and lead contract negotiator.

Hammer24

Banned
I'm over "ignore is for weaklings". Used to think so for years, but it's totally pointless.

You wouldn't want hang out with dipshits, lowlifes and psychos in real life either, and it's harder to avoid it on the internet.

If a dog took a shit on your living room carpet, would you also not clean it up just to show how tough you are?

Tabris and some others are that pile of poo on the NeoGAF carpet.

The problem with this approach is, that when someone else quotes a poster you have on ignore, you´ll see said post anyway.

Now please someone quote me so Milch can read it!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I don't care what anyone says this is a great team that can beat any team in the league. We have a solid young team with playmakers and a nice amount of draft picks.

At this point I'm against trading Megatron unless we get some ridiculous deal. I think Megatron has at least two Pro Bowl seasons left in him. He's been apart of the franchise and community so long I think his contract is worth it provided we draft a couple of studs in the draft:

The next GM has to keep Matthew Stafford, Calvin Johnson, Tate III, Riddick and Abdullah together. We can change the last couple of players I listed but trading Megatron almost gives the signal we're in rebuilding mode.

Megatron still has a few years of balling left so let's ride it out with him instead of wasting a high pick on a WR (unless it's worthy).

The question remains what to do with Coach Caldwell. IMO you fire Caldwell, promote Teryl Austin to HC and Cooter to OC and continue things.Though I'm not sure Austin would go along with that because of loyalties but who knows. One way or another he's going to be a great Head Coach, mine as well be with us.

Either way, keep Megatron, Larry Fitzgerald style and have him retire a Lion. He still has miles on him. I would've preferred keeping Suh but Megatron is not a bad #2 option. This team has a bright future with Stafford leading the way.

Buckethead and PackersGAF can eat a bag of dicks on your tickey tack, glove of index finger touching QB flag, the Packers will have the same amount of Super Bowls when the 2015-2016 season ends. I kind of miss Buckethead though but fuck the smug Packers franchise.

linkboy

Matt Maiocco Verified account
‏@MaioccoCSN

Source: Paraag Marathe is being reassigned from president of the 49ers. He’ll still be team’s cap guy and lead contract negotiator.

Good, get a football guy in that position and let Marathe handle the contracts, which he's good at.

minx

Another one bites the dust
And another one gone, and another one gone
Hey, I'm gonna get you, too

Don't drink and drive kids.

Also do do drugs you will end up making posts like the one two posts above me.

Generate

Banned
Honestly, the Lions are pretty capable of beating almost any team. That they havent won more I think is because Jim Caldwell is a coward, but theyve got the horses.

WedgeX

Banned
Went to bed after Prater's last field goal. Had a feeling the Lions would embarrass since they seemed to be playing prevent offense after the first quarter, which I didn't realize was even a thing until Caldwell and Cooter invented it last night. Maybe Cooter is good, maybe a full offseason of his installed offense would work, or perhaps he got lucky with other teams not having any of his play calling on film until yesterday.

Back to embarrassment with the Lions all but finally mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. Pack-GAF didn't believe, but I knew. I knew!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Caldwell: "We were expecting a lateral on the last play."

:lol :lol :lol

Please fire this guy already.

squicken

-Wow at Weiland. Loved STP. But not really surprising

-49ers shakeup is something else. Seems like the sponsors and money fans aren't happy

-Detroit definitely screwed up that Hail Mary, and the facemask call was hard to officate. I disagree the play before was obvious DPI. You cannot have a league fueled on underthrown deep balls as the basis for offenses

-GB fumbled 3 times and got all 3 back, including one in the end zone. Detroit fumbled once and lost that fumble. That's brutal. It's like 24 points of EPA going by pfr. Figure 50/50 of fumble luck and that's 12 points.

-DET is screwed b/c they dug a hole and their offense isn't really good. Too inconsistent. OL, Stafford, RBs whatever. They need changes

-GB isn't in the best shape either. The won on DPIs, fumble luck, Lions incompetence and Rodgers having a cannon arm. Week to week only one of those is going to be there.

-Still a fun game even if, like the Browns game, not well played

squicken

An NFL source told me tonight that Marathe was being deposed as president in part because he is believed to be the source of many recent leaks to national reporters, most notably the reports discrediting Colin Kaepernick
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2015/12/03/paraag-marathe/

Yep, which is why Calvin was on the sidelines and Ansah was 30 yards downfield instead of rushing the passer.

Mind-boggling stupid

The only reason not to fire Caldwell right now is presumably Austin had a hand in that reasoning, and he'd be the only one who could take over as interim coach

Godslay

Banned
Man I really don't read anything in this thread I didn't even know this was a thing. I was thinking Slay vs someone.. anyone.. everyone.

Most of the arguments are topical. I've really only came away disliking a few posters from arguments, and most of those characters don't post here anymore. So it all works out.

Besides this is the kumite, best protect your neck.

I was watching the game in bed last night and legit jumped out of bed when that final play happened. One of the wildest endings I've seen in a long time.

When I stumbled my drunk ass home last night the Packers were down 20-0. Wake up this morning to find out they won it at the last second with a hail mary.

What a way to start the day.

Was in a Minneapolis dive bar watching this. That classic Viking fan inferiority complex and officiating conspiracy theorizing was in full effect. Even before the proceeding catch. Drunken "the NFL needs to get off Rogers' cock" and "well, there goes or playoff chances" is all I heard heard between outbursts of the word "fuck" sporadically screamed for 5 minutes straight.

Good times.

Not surprising but Coughlin on the hot seat. Reese is safe according to sources.

On the heels of frustrated Giants co-owner Steve Tisch telling The Post, “The next five games are important for everybody,” a well-placed source familiar with the club’s thinking said it’s Tom Coughlin who is most on the hot seat.

As for general manager Jerry Reese, the source said he will be spared even if the Giants miss the playoffs for a fourth straight season.

“He’s safe,” the source said.

http://nypost.com/2015/12/03/giants-know-the-prime-scapegoat-if-they-collapse-source/

Caja 117

I just can't believe crazy ending it was.
I mean... we all thought that Lions got big first down and clocked it down (and ready to win the game) then punt ball to give Packers about 25-16 seconds left of the game. Aaron got sacked for the game. Suddenly, Refs called facemask flag (which shouldn't have throw after replay) at 0:00 so next play, Aaron had time to run around to throw and went 70 yards TD on undefended Rodgers. (I literally called that Lions to blow 30 second of the game) Calvin Johnson should be in Prevent Defense since he have heights and hands to catch the ball. Lions do deserve to lose for that play but did not deserve to lose after game saving call from Refs.

We will have to hear more about NFL's refs. They got long way to explain!

Sorry Lions. Harsh loss.

Goodell said they are doing an extraordinary job the day before, yes, of course they are.

Kawakami saying Marathe's deposition is a firing they aren't calling a firing and in the offseason he'll just be gone with no mention

Shame. He was responsible for the Kaep contract that will allow them to get rid of him in the offseason too. They really need smart minds like that around

Was it a good game to watch?

I was so exhausted last night as soon as I got home I undressed and went to bed..at 7:30.

If you enjoy watching complete ineptitude then it was certainly entertaining. Packers failed in every way possible in the first two quarters so after a while so that was pretty fun. Packers D kept them in the game until the O could eke out a few drives. The final play is all you really need to watch.

Also according to Lions beat writer Dave Birkett when asked why Calvin Johnson wasn't in to defend the Hail Mary, Jim Caldwell was not expecting the Packers to take a shot at the endzone.

put this in OP for week 14 someone

n83xKbW.jpg

eznark

Banned
If you enjoy watching complete ineptitude then it was certainly entertaining. Packers failed in every way possible in the first two quarters so after a while so that was pretty fun. Packers D kept them in the game until the O could eke out a few drives. The final play is all you really need to watch.

Packers defense was great in the 2nd quarter. Only the first was complete ineptitude!

Packers defense was great in the 2nd quarter. Only the first was complete ineptitude!

That's true. Started late in the 2nd quarter. Shields did a tremendous job against Johnson. Ryan was all over the field. Pass rush really wasn't getting home but some big moments like Peppers' strip sack helped out.

Not surprising but Coughlin on the hot seat. Reese is safe according to sources.

http://nypost.com/2015/12/03/giants-know-the-prime-scapegoat-if-they-collapse-source/

I was listening to Pat Traina's podcast with Ed Valentine the other day and they were stressing the too-familar, too-prolonged "Giants play up and down to their opponent" narrative and how much of what Coughlin preaches is getting through to some of the players. That's the kind of thing that made me go "If Coughlin goes, he goes *shrug*" last season especially after the Jags loss, which is weird and sad to think about a coach who brought you to two SBs. But it's also frustrating that he's also having to deal with draft picks that hadn't panned out (up until maybe last season) and bad FA gambles.

I went to bed towards the end of the first half and I'm going through the thread after watching the rest of the game and holy shit.

2 timeouts Stafford getting the ball back.

that's%2Ba%2Bnice%2Blead%2Byou%2Bhave%2Bthere.%2Bit'd%2Bbe%2Ba%2Bshame.%2Bif%2Bsomeone.%2Bmade%2Ba%2Bcomeback.jpg

But Kas, the Lions are ... winning

I will never doubt Kas and his football evaluation ability again.

Fury Road was overrated.

You're a good man. If all Broncos fans have equally good taste this makes me more likely to squicken to them.

So that's why he was upset.

aushiKP.gif

:jnc

Top Bottom