• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 14 |OT| - A Fraud Probably Injures Himself

ampere

From reddit:

DOZtEkg.jpg

Brutal

Philly media is killing McCoy. I agree he is a baby and what he said about Kelly being racist was way out of line, but he is an amazing player and the best RB the Eagles have ever had

Wilbert?

Best off season acquisition this year?

Brandon Marshall gotta be up there

It's Bradford and it isn't even close. He is dragging that team to wins through shear force of will. Eagles are 5-1 in his last 6 starts and 0-3 with butt fumble at qb.

squicken

Wilbert?

It's Bradford and it isn't even close. He is dragging that team to wins through shear force of will. Eagles are 5-1 in his last 6 starts and 0-3 with butt fumble at qb.

McCoy is the franchise leader in rushing, but obviously I haven't watched the other guys as much as long time fans. But either way, he is an all-time Eagle great. He doesn't handle himself very well and it is easy to see why Chip traded him, just that the media is a little too gleeful. He must have not worked well with them

My favorite part in all this is Chip proving he coach. Everyone said the team had quit on him and here they are off back to back games where he out-coached BB and Rex. They aren't a good team, but they do have the NFL's best strength of victory. Cards game seems almost meaningless since they will need the last two either way, most likely

Furyous

McCoy is the franchise leader in rushing, but obviously I haven't watched the other guys as much as long time fans. But either way, he is an all-time Eagle great. He doesn't handle himself very well and it is easy to see why Chip traded him, just that the media is a little too gleeful. He must have not worked well with them

My favorite part in all this is Chip proving he coach. Everyone said the team had quit on him and here they are off back to back games where he out-coached BB and Rex. They aren't a good team, but they do have the NFL's best strength of victory. Cards game seems almost meaningless since they will need the last two either way, most likely

NO SHOTS but what's strength of victory? I know strength of schedule is a thing. If QBR is a stat then strength of victory needs to be included as well. It can't be any worse than the fuckshit that is QBR.

So I sat down... and then when I tried to get up my hip hurt... and I mean really bad.

Is this the sign of father time? But I'm still under 30. Am I done? Does this mean I have to start playing against 8 year old at the REC now instead of my own age group?

squicken

NO SHOTS but what's strength of victory? I know strength of schedule is a thing. If QBR is a stat then strength of victory needs to be included as well. It can't be any worse than the fuckshit that is QBR.

Strength of victory is "figured by calculating the combined winning percentage of the opponents a team has beaten"

It's flawed. If some scrub team lucks into 2 wins over good teams in a 3-13 season, it's going to have a high SOV. And teams like CAR and AZ have low SOV b/c they are giving those bad teams losses, and can't play themselves. SOV is well down the list on tie-breakers, but it could actually come into play in the AFCS

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

You can see SOV here

http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/view/playoff

Bowser

The Carolina Panthers are the #1 scoring offense in the National Football League.

Just like we all predicted back in August.

squicken

Browns-49ers

-Ahmad Brooks tackled Crowell and then punched him in the head with a closed fist. In plain view of the official who did nothing. 2nd play in a 3 play sequence where he seemed to be trying to get a flag. Finally got one on the TD run the play after. Suspension wouldn't be surprising, but the officials let him goon it up way too long

-49ers are bad. Bad at offense and bad at defense and bad at coaching and bad at general managing and bad at owning. I am aware of these things. Hopefully they free Bowman and Boldin

-I continue to be impressed with the Browns offensive coordinator. They have really cool play design they gets lots of open players. Screen game can be good when paired with misdirection. Run game has been an issue, but I really think that is down to terrible running backs

-What makes it all go is Benjamin. Opponents are terrified of his speed. He really does take the top of a defense off. He removes the deep safety from the middle of the field to drive on routes

-JFF ... I can't quit you. Too fun to watch. His mechanics are all over the place, but a byproduct of that is a super fast release. He also is accurate when he throws at odd arm angles, unlike Stafford. Stafford is lazy.

-We'll see how all that holds up when it gets cold. Maybe it will never get cold again, though?

-Hard work drinking all that, his teammates respond to him more than McCown or Davis. They just play with a different vibe

-I believe. I know Seattle will kill him. Part of the process. Still expect MM, Winston and Carr to have better careers

No but with Rawls injury our season is basically over *cries on floyd shoulder

I'm sorry Rando..

But.. At least Cleveland won :) yay!!

But I'm losing in fantasy to Konka. :(

I'm gonna lose and PD will win this week and I'll drop in to second in the league and division.. I feel the Freeman slipping away from me.

Cryingcheerleader.gif

jakncoke

Banned
Julio Jones needs 7 catches in the final 3 games to get the Falons season record. He is on pace for 134 on the year

When will Bortles enter the MVP discussion?

When his team isnt 5-8

1997 was the last year a MVP came from a player with a record less than 10-6, Barry Sanders 9-7 and that was co-mvp with 13-3 Brent

Last time a 8 win player won the MVP was in the strike shortened season of 1982 when they had a 9 game season Mark Moseley

bionic77

So I sat down... and then when I tried to get up my hip hurt... and I mean really bad.

Is this the sign of father time? But I'm still under 30. Am I done? Does this mean I have to start playing against 8 year old at the REC now instead of my own age group?
You probably just need to start taking care of yourself. Pain is your body's way of telling you that something is wrong.

jakncoke

Banned
He was a kicker! And not a very good one. Dan Fouts got robbed

his ypg, and if he played in this era with a 16 game set and the offensive minded rules. Man 6k maybe season because his numbers over 16 would of given 5129

also fun fact on mosley he missed more XP that year then FG he was 16/19 kicking extra points and 20 of 21 fg

eznark

Banned
Packer game was on Mad Dog Radio on Sirius yesterday so that was on when I turned on my car. The guy talking says that the Bengals are now better because they have a Tebow-like anti-Dalton at QB now. Also said AJ McCarron will never give back the job.

jakncoke

Banned
Packer game was on Mad Dog Radio on Sirius yesterday so that was on when I turned on my car. The guy talking says that the Bengals are now better because they have a Tebow-like anti-Dalton at QB now. Also said AJ McCarron will never give back the job.

haw

AJ has shown flashes. He throws the ball deep pretty well. He just still doesn't have the veteran' decision making yet. It will be really tough for Bengals if AJ wins a playoff game or more. Do you keep Andy who is statistically one of the best regular season QBs ever, or go with the playoff winner? Playoff winners can be Tebows or Cardarelle Jones (Ohio State)?

Edit: Side note - The Mad Dog radio guys are crazy goofballs and rarely do they make sense.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis

So you're saying Andy might come home?

bionic77

People get paid to say stuff like this?

Dude has a good deep ball but so does Dalton.

I very much doubt it, but I wonder if the Bengals lose out and give us a chance to get the division. That would be sweet. This Steelers team could beat anyone but Carolina if we get some breaks.

Line_HTX

Hoyer overthrew a few, underthrew a few, and a couple of deep ones held on a half a second too long.

WR Nate Washington and TE Ryan Griffin continue to add to the drop lead. The receivers and tight ends simply refuse to catch balls.

Derrick Newton caused the Hoyer concussion. He just won't block just to even give a chance at being average.

Tombstome them into the turf.

jakncoke

Banned
People get paid to say stuff like this?

Dude has a good deep ball but so does Dalton.

I very much doubt it, but I wonder if the Bengals lose out and give us a chance to get the division. That would be sweet. This Steelers team could beat anyone but Carolina if we get some breaks.

I fear we will go 11-5 and somehow the Jets beat the Pats and win out and Chefs as well and we are the bums sent home to drink beers on the couch and put the beer tabs on the christmas tree like Joe Kane

Crisco

Banned
Watching the Falcons shortcuts, announcer says "Falcons are really going to play inspired football today" right before the kickoff. That dude was wrong lol.

Milchjon

Watt is dunzo

PFF said:
It turns out that J.J. Watt is in fact human and playing with broken hand, against an offense keen to get the ball out of the quarterback’s hand quickly (2.17s average time to throw) and get bodies on him he turned in his lowest overall grade (-1.3) since his rookie season. Not helped by ill discipline (roughing the passer, neutral zone infraction), Watt posted his third negative overall grade of the season having recorded only one in each of the last three seasons.

Better swap him for some picks asap

Top Bottom