• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 14 |OT| - A Fraud Probably Injures Himself

Trey

So Buffalo has to win out. (sure)

Jets have to lose one non Bills game. (sure)

KC has to lose out (lol) or Steelers have to lose two (probably not).

Could've would've should've.

h4d93Vr.png

Talk about a free ride for the Seahawks

Trey

What did Serena Williams do to win Sportsperson of the year over Jordan Spieth? What did she do at all actually?

Something about winning every match since last season till her final game this passed season, and winning three out of four slams this year.

Just being the most dominant force of any athlete in his or her respective sport.

Greg

Something about winning every match since last season till her final game this passed season, and winning three out of four slams this year.

Just being the most dominant force of any athlete in his or her respective sport.
women's tennis though

lol

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Talk about a free ride for the Seahawks

Seahawks vs. Pats Superbowl rematch.

It's gonna suck.

I'd rather see the Panthers go 19-0...if nothing else to shit on the Pats legacy and reminding everyone how much they fucking failed as a franchise to get it.

eznark

Banned

Oh. I just remembered she choked early in some tournament. I guess I should have assumed that she had a great year up to that point if I had heard about womens tennis at all. Seems legit. Spieth had a bad stretch after the Open but I couldn't really think of anyone else, so seems like a fine year for a women's tennis player.

Line_HTX

We have no running game, our ride is firmly stopped.

I believed in Rawls Future though... =/

What happened on that play exactly? Sorry, was preoccupied with the Colts/Jags pool party.

Serena should've completed the calendar slam. I was shocked she didn't win them all.

Trey

I figured it was a "lol women's sports" type of thing, but Serena turned in one of the greatest all time years ever in her sport, solidified herself as one of the greatest athletes of this generation, changed her sport, absolutely dominant across 15 plus years and counting, so on and so forth.

Spieth had a neat year, too. Made good money, destroyed masters score record, grabbed no. 1 for a time. But he's 22, he'll have years to be acknowledged if he can keep it up.

eznark

Banned
Fuck you, golf fan.

Fair

I figured it was a "lol women's sports" type of thing, but Serena turned in one of the greatest all time years ever in her sport, solidified herself as one of the greatest athletes of this generation, changed her sport, absolutely dominant across 15 plus years and counting, so on and so forth.

Spieth had a neat year, too. Made good money, destroyed masters score record, grabbed no. 1 for a time. But he's 22, he'll have years to be acknowledged if he can keep it up.

No, I was asking for a real reason. I don't watch general sports highlight shows so her accomplishments were totally unknown to me.

I can't honestly think of very many notable things that happened this year in sports.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
working on your stand up eh

golf and tennis in nfl thread that isnt off season mode? u wot m8

More than half the posters here are fans of teams already eliminated either mathematically or mentally.

Plus it's been a shitty year so I can't blame people for wanting to move on into the 2016 season already.

Greg

it's not a women's sports thing, it's a women's tennis thing

but let's be impressed that the physically dominant player who has done it for years choked away the one that mattered!

Line_HTX

Seahawks vs. Pats Superbowl rematch.

It's gonna suck.

I'd rather see the Panthers go 19-0...if nothing else to shit on the Pats legacy and reminding everyone how much they fucking failed as a franchise to get it.

I'd rather it be the 4 year cycle just so I can feel better about last night.

Godslay

Banned

That's generous.

I have some serious doubts about the tackles on this team. Granted we are on our 3rd LT, and 2nd RT, who are/should be backups. You can't trust them against talented pass rushers like Mack, because as you saw yesterday he'll gobble them up and steal your QB's lunch money.

All of the lower seeds in your scenario have the players to work those tackles in the same way Mack did, some to a lesser degree. It's a real problem, and if the Broncos don't get better at mitigating that pressure, they're going to have a real tough time generating any offense against those teams.

There is still time to adjust and fix the problems, but it has to happen fast.

wait who do you have the chefs losing to? they play browns, ravens and raiders. does pittsburgh have some sort of tiebreaker over chefs despite losing to them?

Raiders are actually your best shot of playing spoiler. Had Carr not thrown the game away they very well could have won the last one.

eznark

Banned
Sounds like Serena beat Greg's ass in ping pong and then called it table tennis.

Isn't insulting Serena bannable? Swear I saw a whole graveyard thread where that went down.
Probably called her fat.

I bet she could clown Lacy at the buffet.

rando14

I just don't like her game

hate what it takes to get her motivated during a match

Yeah, I understand, I feel the same way about Shriekapova's game *shudders

I miss Justine Henin, one of very few women who actually could play a one-hand backhand!!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Pretty sure people got banned because of subtle racism and saying things about her physique.

Ah okay.

I always felt like women's tennis had a disproportionate media draw (compared to the WNBA for instance) because the women are typically young, cute, and wearing short skirts...and Serena probably isn't what most of the typical tennis audience finds attractive which is why she gets a lot of weird hate.

Such is the way of all women's sports I suppose.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 44m44 minutes ago
Whoa. @AdamSchefter reports #Packers have signed @Mike_Daniels76 to 4-year, $42M extension with $12M signing bonus, $22M in first 15 months.

ashot_jugg.gif

Not really surprising. He's been a huge, huge part of our defense.

Top Bottom