• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 14 |OT| - A Fraud Probably Injures Himself

ACE 1991

As long as the best defensive lineman in the league keeps getting 10 pressures a game they have a shot to win a game in the playoffs, but I really feel like this year was just to lay the ground work and see if Bradford could be the guy. Now that they know he can, this offseason load up on OL and WR, and hopefully next year take a big step forward.

The Tampa Bay and Detroit games notwithstanding, this Eagles defense has been an absolute blast to watch. I've also been very surprised by Bradford's growth as a player, if he remains uninjured and resists throwing picks he'll be back next year. I'd love to see him with a deep threat at WR and at least an above average offensive line. Chip NEEDS to fix these two enormous holes though if this team wants to take any meaningful step forward though. Very disappointed in Agholor's performance. I still think there is serious enough dearth of talent that we'll get slaughtered in round one of the playoffs if we face anyone other than someone like Minnesota, though.

Am I a bad fan if I don't want the Dolphins to finish another season 7-9 or 8-8? Stephen Ross is an absolute idiot and the last thing he needs is an excuse to keep more of this FO and roster than he should. Dolphins organization needs a purge.

You know a fan/team relationship is abusive when we start blaming ourselves for how terrible the situation is.

Godslay

Banned
Just to add a bit more color to my statement, PFF says that Brock only threw 8 passes further than 10 yards yesterday. That's just awful.

Shannon Sharpe was also on the radio this morning saying that they have to push the ball further down the field. His caveat to this? Brock didn't have enough time to let those routes develop down field. You'll never push the ball down the field with a defender in your face or on your back. You'll never get those plays downfield if you can't control the line of scrimmage.

squicken

Stunned. He is Kaepernick with a high football IQ, or at least he was yesterday.

First dropback of the game he went all the way across the field in his progressions. I am glad it isn't a training wheels version of the offense, and that he looks improved

SF is really bad and the last three (SEA, KC, PIT) will obviously be big tests

JABEE

First dropback of the game he went all the way across the field in his progressions. I am glad it isn't a training wheels version of the offense, and that he looks improved

Manziel maybe just needed some time to work things out in the NFL.

Am I a bad fan if I don't want the Dolphins to finish another season 7-9 or 8-8? Stephen Ross is an absolute idiot and the last thing he needs is an excuse to keep more of this FO and roster than he should. Dolphins organization needs a purge.

No, I'm hoping they lose the next 4, even Armando wrote about how it would be better to lose out, we need the better draft spot, we need Ross to clean house top to bottom, he even gave the same reason you did, Ross will be stupid enough to keep people around if we get to 8-8. The best thing for the franchise is for us to lose the next 4 games and I totally expect them to win out now :/ I'm just looking forward to the throwbacks tonight and next Sunday when I get to see them for the first time in San Diego, after that I'm done with this team until draft time.

No, I'm hoping they lose the next 4, even Armando wrote about how it would be better to lose out, we need the better draft spot, we need Ross to clean house top to bottom, he even gave the same reason you did, Ross will be stupid enough to keep people around if we get to 8-8. The best thing for the franchise is for us to lose the next 4 games and I totally expect them to win out now :/ I'm just looking forward to the throwbacks tonight and next Sunday when I get to see them for the first time in San Diego, after that I'm done with this team until draft time.

Nothing would be more hilarious than this team winning out to go 9-7 and still missing the playoffs. I wouldn't even know how to feel about that other than feeling like we deserve it.

Dolphins are abusive, eh?

Line pls!

eznark

Banned
squicken has invaded eznark whiskey shelter

BarrenCoarseBernesemountaindog.gif

Honestly, this looks like the offense DeFillipo wanted to run all along.

These are dirty because I didnt realize there was a limit on frames in GifCam and I have no idea how to edit it once you save it.

SarcasticEqualBallpython.gif

LinearEnormousGharial.gif

Everything in this GIF is so far beyond what Hoyer is capable of it's astounding.

Milchjon

Ouch, really?

RIP JFF

squicken

Ouch, really?

RIP JFF

Still my biggest fear. He looks so small, and still takes some hits he needs to avoid. Not sure he makes it through that gauntlet. I actually worry more about Travis Benjamin, who might weigh 140 lbs. Already a few concussions and it just seems like they will be playing behind a lot

Just watched the Browns game and I have to say I am very pleasantly surprised with JFF. Made a lot of very accurate throws under duress, delivered balls on time while moving, made a shocking number of pre-snap adjustments and kept his poise all game. He's working with nothing at the skill positions and still patiently scanned the field, went through his progressions and mostly made smart decisions.

Stunned. He is Kaepernick with a high football IQ, or at least he was yesterday.

i can cherry pick a bunch of games where kap "goes through his progressions", makes smart throws and gets a W. maziel played great yesterday (save for one god awful INT) but keep in mind the talent level of the defense. he was rarely pressured yesterday. most of the time he just sat back in the pocket and waited and waited and waited and waited. our defense is trash. if manziel does what he did to us against the seachickens this week THEN i will give him props

eznark

Banned
i can cherry pick a bunch of games where kap "goes through his progressions"
No, you can't. That's the point.

Still my biggest fear. He looks so small, and still takes some hits he needs to avoid. Not sure he makes it through that gauntlet. I actually worry more about Travis Benjamin, who might weigh 140 lbs. Already a few concussions and it just seems like they will be playing behind a lot

One of the things I was most impressed with was his ability to recognize hots and get his (complete garbage) receivers on the same page on the fly. He made a number of fadeaway completions into the teeth of zones because of his ability to read and react. Plus his athleticism will hopefully allow him to avoid a lot of those hits.

I really think he can easily be Russell Wilson after his performance yesterday.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Just watched the Browns game and I have to say I am very pleasantly surprised with JFF. Made a lot of very accurate throws under duress, delivered balls on time while moving, made a shocking number of pre-snap adjustments and kept his poise all game. He's working with nothing at the skill positions and still patiently scanned the field, went through his progressions and mostly made smart decisions.

Was pretty awesome to see him live yesterday. The INT I saw coming a mile away, my buddies were laughing at me because I yelled out "YOU FOOL DON'T DO IT!" a second before he made his throw.

It'll be interesting to see how he does the next two weeks as some have already said.

Hats off to the OC Flip though, the offense despite the lack of a proper RB has been outstanding all year long no matter who has been in there it feels.

No, you can't. That's the point.

One of the things I was most impressed with was his ability to recognize hots and get his (complete garbage) receivers on the same page on the fly. He made a number of fadeaway completions into the teeth of zones because of his ability to read and react. Plus his athleticism will hopefully allow him to avoid a lot of those hits.

I really think he can easily be Russell Wilson after his performance yesterday.

yes i can?

kap vs. packers in the opening game of 2013
kap vs. falcons in the NFC title game
kap vs. panthers in the NFC division game
kap vs. patriots in 2012
kap vs. bears in 2012
kap vs. cards last game of 2013
kap vs. redskins 2013
kap vs. rams 2013

he has had quite a few games where he has looked excellent. the problem is most of these great games were against trash teams/defenses, which is exactly my point. lets see how John F. does against a real defense

Shannon Sharpe was also on the radio this morning saying that they have to push the ball further down the field. His caveat to this? Brock didn't have enough time to let those routes develop down field. You'll never push the ball down the field with a defender in your face or on your back. You'll never get those plays downfield if you can't control the line of scrimmage.

I agree with all of that except that there were 51 passes thrown and while Brock was under pressure, most of his passes were check downs. That means that he had time to go through his progressions and, therefore, had time to throw the ball deep. There were only two or three plays that I remember where Brock was literally dead in the water from the moment the ball was snapped.

Was the offensive line terrible? Yes. Could Brock have pushed the ball deeper? Also, yes.

eznark

Banned
yes i can?

kap vs. packers in the opening game of 2013
kap vs. falcons in the NFC title game
kap vs. panthers in the NFC division game
kap vs. patriots in 2012
kap vs. bears in 2012
kap vs. cards last game of 2013
kap vs. redskins 2013
kap vs. rams 2013

he has had quite a few games where he has looked excellent. the problem is most of these great games were against trash teams/defenses, which is exactly my point. lets see how John F. does against a real defense

I definitely watched all the playoff games and remember him in 2012. The other games just sort of blend together. He was a first read and go guy. Especially against the Packers. C'mon man, he had literally zero patience but generally didn't need it. The league hadn't figured out how to handle RO yet and defenses were generally baffled by pistol draw action with a deep post. It's pretty much all they needed against Green Bay and Carolina.

I'm not talking about the outcome or the stats, I'm talking about how he played. He was clearly given a lot more responsibility than Kap was ever given and handled it well. He made checks on a significant number of plays, stayed with the play a hell of a lot longer than I ever expected him to and often came back to his first read after going off of it.

In short, he was an actual quarterback. Not sure I ever saw a full game of Kap playing the position, though to be fair Harbaugh never asked him to.

I definitely watched all the playoff games and remember him in 2012. The other games just sort of blend together. He was a first read and go guy. Especially against the Packers. C'mon man, he had literally zero patience but generally didn't need it. The league hadn't figured out how to handle RO yet and defenses were generally baffled by pistol draw action with a deep post. It's pretty much all they needed against Green Bay and Carolina.

I'm not talking about the outcome or the stats, I'm talking about how he played. He was clearly given a lot more responsibility than Kap was ever given and handled it well. He made checks on a significant number of plays, stayed with the play a hell of a lot longer than I ever expected him to and often came back to his first read after going off of it.

In short, he was an actual quarterback. Not sure I ever saw a full game of Kap playing the position, though to be fair Harbaugh never asked him to.

he threw for over 400 yards against the packers (regular season). in that game, he had more rushes scrambling out of the pocket then out of the read option. infact, throughout most of 2013, we didn't run much read option. we did run it here and there, but it wasn't like 2012 where defenses were just fucking clueless.

i'm not going to post a thousand gifs but the "one read QB!" thing is a myth to a large degree

HorribleConventionalArcticfox.0.gif

i've watched every niners game of his career and his issue wasn't that he was a one read QB, it's that he refuses to take chances, won't throw receivers open and generally has poor pocket presence.

as for manziel being given more freedom than kap with audibling, i don't disagree because our coaching staffs (harbs and tomsula) just don't do it. oh well! anyhow, i'm not defending kap, he's trash without a running game/dominant defense but just to say that one game against a bad defense doesn't make manziel anything right now. it's like ron jaworski saying kap could be the greatest QB ever after throwing for 400 against the packers: it's one game and means nothing

Logically i'm glad the cowboys lost but as a fan I am sad

I want some Kellan Moore next week against the Jets. my stepdad is taking me and my brother to that game so I'd like to see something refreshing than Matt Cassel gettin hassled

made a shocking number of pre-snap adjustments .

But Merrill Hoge says he's incapable of doing that!

eznark

Banned
it's one game and means nothing

How many games until they mean something? Like, how many of a players games do we pretend tell us nothing until we decide that magically they do?

He played well. If he plays well for three weeks will you then look at this game and say ok I guess he played well in that game now too, because in hindsight he has played well since. That's stupid as fuck. If he plays like shit next week he will have played like shit next week. Are we not allowed to say he played like shit because it was only one week?

Can we only evaluate the play of veterans now? And how much service time do they need before we can say if they were good in one game? Lacy has played three years, is it ok to say he played well yesterday or is that not a long enough career to evaluate how he was on a particular Sunday?

MechDX

Yates wins division

Bengals lose divisional lead but get wildcard

Have to play in Houston vs Yates

Somewhere in Cincinnati Dalton and Marvin Lewis are getting a chill up their spine

squicken

I'm mostly posting this for boban

Chip says Sam is here to stay

Sam Bradford got the kind of endorsement from Chip Kelly on Monday that Nick Foles never got during his red-hot 2013 run to the playoffs.

Kelly had just finished extolling the benefits of having a quarterback who is experienced in his team's offense when he was asked if that applied to his outlook on Bradford, brought in from the Rams for Foles and a second-round draft pick last March.

"We've always wanted Sam here. We wouldn't have traded for him if we thought he was going to be here for (only) a year," Kelly said.

Top Bottom