• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 14 |OT| - A Fraud Probably Injures Himself

MIN @ ARI

BUF @ PHI
SEA @ BAL
SF @ CLE
ATL @ CAR
WAS @ CHI
PIT @ CIN
DET @ STL
IND @ JAX
SD @ KC
NO @ TB
TEN @ NYJ

OAK @ DEN
DAL @ GB

NE @ HOU

NYG
@ MIA

Go BUCS!

First time in a long time, its not Fantasy I have to worry about every week. I like the feeling!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
NFL has a decision to make if the Panthers make it to the last game 15-0. If you remember, the Pats-Giants regular season closer was simulcast on CBS, NBC, and the NFLN network at 8:30.

I imagine Riverboat might take the decision out of their hands though. The rhetoric he was using in his press conference yesterday suggested to me that he's pulling starters as soon as they clinch HFA including and up to Cam.

I typically think you should always sit starters in meaningless games.

The whole "keep momentum" theory feels like it came mostly in the face of all those Peyton Manning playoff chokes after that team resting for the playoffs vs the Patriots keeping the gas on

This is why I was excited when the Dolphins drafted Devante Parker:

parker.gif

Imagine Mike Wallace making that catch...

He hasn't had much of a chance to get it going this season, mostly because of his foot surgery and missing so much training camp and practice. Hopefully next year he'll break out as a top receiving threat for the team.

Milchjon

Nice little breakdown of the Pats struggles. All as expected:

It doesn’t appear the offensive line is to blame, either. Brady’s receivers aren’t getting open, so he’s forced to hold the ball too long. He was sacked in 3.24 seconds with Edelman and 3.66 seconds without him. Brady’s line is giving him more time to throw. There’s just no one open.

Edit:
It took over seven seconds for a receiver to get open on an incompletion with 9:37 left in the third quarter. Brady moved around the pocket and Danny Amendola finally ran downfield and past linebacker DeMeco Ryans. Amendola suffered his first drop of the season on the play.

Malalaw

Just heard the greatest thing ever on the radio.

Brandon Browner couldn't cover a twin sized bed with king sized sheets.

Dead.

rando14

FUCK YES IT'S NOT FROM KEN LEVINE SO IT MIGHT BE GOOD!!!!

I'm willing to put an entire $10 USD into the kickstarter!!

(And we all know this game is going to have to be crowdfunded because, well why wouldn't they ask for community money)

EDIT: Apparently they have Warren Spector on the team...?? Hmmmm

Lurie saw Kraft build an evil, cheating empire, complete with Darth Brady and Sith Lord Belichick - who, true to character, even wears a hood. After the 2004 season, Brady and Belichick Spygated the Eagles out of the best chance the franchise ever had to win a Super Bowl. The Pats then Deflategated their way to a fourth championship last winter.

Now, Lurie was at Gillette Stadium with a club that had lost four of five, three in a row and the last two by a combined score of 90-31. It was a punch-line team, and Lurie feared obliteration in his hometown against his hated rival.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports..._fired_up_the_Eagles.html#r0w6uHOsCmDPsBec.99

eznark

Banned
Better than $18m in dead cap space plus a roster spot....which he is now.

Murray went to Jeff Lurie to complain about his usage in the offense per Ed Werder. Should be cut now

Whoever the idiot on Sirius this morning (some former player I'm sure) was he was like "good for him! at least his agent didn't start leaking stuff to the media"

Where the fuck do you think these reports come from, idiot?

squicken

My conspiracy theory is that Murray wants to be cut and go back to Dallas. So he is putting this out there to force chips hand

eznark

Banned
My conspiracy theory is that Murray wants to be cut and go back to Dallas. So he is putting this out there to force chips hand

Maybe the Eagles will get a competent GM in there and trade him. Can't imagine they want him to go back to Dallas.

squicken

Maybe the Eagles will get a competent GM in there and trade him. Can't imagine they want him to go back to Dallas.
His cap hit and salary make him un-cutable and un-tradable. GM Chip really screwed that one up no doubt. At least Coach Chip finally moved on

eznark

Banned
His cap hit and salary make him un-cutable and un-tradable. GM Chip really screwed that one up no doubt. At least Coach Chip finally moved on

Nah, not really. After 2016 it's reasonable and assuming the Eagles are going to go cheap at QB, and they pretty much have no other option, they can eat $13m for one season if they can get a decent return.

The real problem is that he is a running back, and no one wants a running back,

Hindl

Nah, not really. After 2016 it's reasonable and assuming the Eagles are going to go cheap at QB, and they pretty much have no other option, they can eat $13m for one season if they can get a decent return.

The real problem is that he is a running back, and no one wants a running back,

Yeah I think if the Eagles cut him after 2016, they're only eating ~5 Million in cap, which isn't too terrible relatively. We missed on Murray, but we have Mathews too, and Barner's looking pretty nice. Losing out on two season's worth of the cap sucks, but it could be worse

Chip really screwed the Cowboys by offering Murray that much, so it's not a total loss for the Eagles.

If Murray was back there to block on the play Romo got hurt maybe this nightmare never would have happened

eznark

Banned
Texans finish 10-6? lol no.

8-8 tops. Mediocrity at its finest example

So you think they lose to the Jaguars, Titans or Hasselbeck? c'mon man

I legit think they can win against the Patriots if it's the same Patriots team that the Eagles played. Just depends on who is healthy I guess.

MechDX

If the Pats would have won the last game maybe the Texans could beat them. Texans struggle against mobile QBs. Taylor had success and Fitz , though not as mobile , gave them issues. On that 4 game win streak they beat Fitz, Brees, Dalton and Mettenberger. All but Fitz more of true pocket passers.

Brady while not mobile at all will not lose 3 in a row. Just won't happen.

They already lost to Hasslebeck who was on his deathbed in the hospital and didn't practice all week. And lost at home of all places.

There is zero reason for optimism

eznark

Banned
Has anyone gone back and looked at the performance of 538's algorithm in picking winners? It seems pretty bad to me that they were incorrect on 32% of their games in week 13. Week 3? Ok, that's fine. But week 13??

Considering those projected wins make up the entirety of the playoff odds predictor, I see no reason why anyone looks at them much less takes them seriously.

I like this:

The Eagles make the playoffs in 97 percent* of scenarios.

Eagles beat Bills
Lose to Cards
Beat Racists
Beat Giants.

Beating the Bills is going to be super tough, but even if they lose that game and the cards game they still get in in 39% of scenarios.

Tom Nook

MIN @ ARI

BUF @ PHI
SEA @ BAL
SF @ CLE
ATL @ CAR
WAS @ CHI
PIT @ CIN
DET @ STL
IND @ JAX
SD @ KC
NO @ TB
TEN @ NYJ

OAK @ DEN
DAL @ GB

NE @ HOU

NYG @ MIA

squicken

If t
There is zero reason for optimism

Clipboard Jesus may have to start a couple of games for the Colts. Texans are still in it. Buffalo loss was really disappointing. What have they said about the defense? Why did Buffalo have so much success?

eznark

Banned
None of those would surprise me. Texans might be favored in all of those matchups but I don't think any of them are a given, much less all three.

I think they finish 8-8, 9-7 at best.

Those three teams have god awful defenses. Unless Watt gets hurt even Hoyer will be able to win a shoot out against them.

The only real wild card is that Bill O'Brien is a truly terrible football coach, and as Caldwell has proven, sometimes that's all it takes.

MechDX

Clipboard Jesus may have to start a couple of games for the Colts. Texans are still in it. Buffalo loss was really disappointing. What have they said about the defense? Why did Buffalo have so much success?

Its what they are not saying that is important. Watts groin issue is bigger than they are letting on IMO. They turned into the same old Texans in that game: either Watt makes the big plays or they fall apart. End of story

They just don't have much top end speed on either side of the ball to make an impact.

Pagano said yesterday Hasslebeck is good to go vs the Jags this week.

Pepiope

I like this:

The Eagles make the playoffs in 97 percent* of scenarios.

Eagles beat Bills
Lose to Cards
Beat Racists
Beat Giants.

Beating the Bills is going to be super tough, but even if they lose that game and the cards game they still get in in 39% of scenarios.
Well the crowd will definitely be in the Bills game next week.

Then you have the Cardinals at Philly directly following a home game for them, but those bitches get 10 days to prep.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Its what they are not saying that is important. Watts groin issue is bigger than they are letting on IMO. They turned into the same old Texans in that game: either Watt makes the big plays or they fall apart. End of story

They just don't have much top end speed on either side of the ball to make an impact.

Pagano said yesterday Hasslebeck is good to go vs the Jags this week.
are you bipolar? You get so up and down its crazy.

Nobody here is asking the important question - When do the Texans reveal this year's Letterman jackets??
the more important question is when is Ben going to rape someone again?

"Hated rival."

Love it when people, teams, players, etc., who don't even register a blip on the Patriot's radar are considered "hated rivals."

Lurie's club won a flukie game and almost gave it up in the 4th quarter. They may make the playoffs with a losing record. Next year they're likely going to fire their headcoach, need to think about a new quarterback, deal with a ridiculous running back contract, and find a defensive identity.

Glad they could win the Week 13 Super Bowl.

Top Bottom