• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 14 |OT| - A Fraud Probably Injures Himself

rando14

Alligator kills Florida burglary suspect hiding from cops

Wow gata is, literally a hero

dGynwOJ.jpg

so obviously edelman>lewis>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>gronk

wow

Dang I had no idea Dijon lewis was worth so much to the team

Hindl

— Eagles Insider (@EaglesInsider) December 8, 2015
As the Eagles prepare to welcome the Buffalo Bills to Lincoln Financial Field on Sunday, Tuesday’s practice marked the return to the practice field for running back Ryan Mathews. Mathews suffered a concussion in Week 10 against the Miami Dolphins and has missed the last three games as he goes through the league’s concussion protocol.

Mathews was spotted warming up with the rest of the team as the training session began, and he took part in the individual drills that are open to the media.

“He’s getting better, said offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur before practice began. “He’s making progress … We’ll have to see. He’s going through the process and making good progress.”

Glad Matthews is back. Will be interesting to see the RB splits this week, between Matthews, Barner, Sproles, and Murray. I bet Matthews gets the most touches.

Good to hear, although that doesn't necessarily mean he's going to play. I don't wanna risk him getting hurt again, especially since we can afford to drop this game. But if he's back that's great, Chip made up for the DeMarco signing with the Mathews signing

squicken

Never know when someone will suddenly go Schoob.

The Texans have to get a better personnel man in there. People obsess over getting a top pick, but the good teams win b/c they get mileage from mid round picks and even UDFAs. Didn't the Texans draft some animu high and then cut him in camp?

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Good to hear, although that doesn't necessarily mean he's going to play. I don't wanna risk him getting hurt again, especially since we can afford to drop this game. But if he's back that's great, Chip made up for the DeMarco signing with the Mathews signing

eagles fans saying they can afford to drop a game at 5-7, NFC east football everyone.

MechDX

The Texans have to get a better personnel man in there. People obsess over getting a top pick, but the good teams win b/c they get mileage from mid round picks and even UDFAs. Didn't the Texans draft some animu high and then cut him in camp?

Narags hero Brennan Williams. 3rd round pick. Now training to be a pro wrestler

Don't forget taking Sam Montgomery from LSU in the 3rd and releasing by seasons end

squicken

JFF returns

“Johnny will be our starting quarterback on Sunday,” Browns coach Mike Pettine said. “He’s been solid in the building over the last couple of weeks and we are hopeful he takes this opportunity to continue to build on the progress he’s made on the field throughout the season. The goal for every game is to go out and win, and Johnny needs to show that he can put us in position to do so during these last four weeks of the season.”

jmdajr

Louis Nix III

Swearinger?

Who is animu?

edit:lol

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
8-8 will win the East for sure this year. The only question is will 7-9 win it.

Extending him to lower his cap hit might not be the worst thing, but you are committing more years to a guy who I am sure the team would like to move on from.

id like to see 6-10 win it so everyones heads can explode and maybe we change the system a little bit.

Hindl

eagles fans saying they can afford to drop a game at 5-7, NFC east football everyone.

Am I wrong? Yeah the NFC East sucks, but every team in the division controls their own destiny, and mathematically we can lose one of the next two. If we get to the playoffs, we'll get our asses beat by almost everyone. Still doesn't change the fact that the next game can be lost and we can still win the division. 8-8 can win this shit division

Extending him to lower his cap hit might not be the worst thing, but you are committing more years to a guy who I am sure the team would like to move on from.

If this was the case the Ratbirds would not have offered him the contract in the first place. Don't understand this narrative that this or any organization was forced to pay millions of dollars to a player they don't want.

Well, yeah, that's why they're going to extend him, because of the cap. There's absolutely no change they don't at least try with his cap number skyrocketing and he'll be coming off injury. I hope for the cut, but I expect them to extend him, and commit me to another 5 years of misery and overpaid, underperforming quarterback play.

If this was the case the Ratbirds would not have offered him the contract in the first place. Don't understand this narrative that this or any organization was forced to pay millions of dollars to a player they don't want.

I want to move on, but I don't think for a second the team, or the majority of the fanbase (dumb fans, clearly) want to move on.

You dont understand that their hands were totally tied by the fact that their young QB just won a SB and was heading in FA. Really? If the let Flacco walk and it turns out that his playoff performance that year wasnt a fluke, and he is actually a great QB that franchise never would have never heard the end of it. QBs are so hard to find, no one is going to let a young SB winner just walk for nothing.

You dont understand that their hands were totally tied by the fact that their young QB just won a SB and was heading in FA. Really? If the let Flacco walk and it turns out that his playoff performance that year wasnt a fluke, and he is actually a great QB that franchise never would have heard the end of it. QBs are so hard to find, no one is going to let a young SB winner just walk for nothing.

ray-rice-11-25-12.gif

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
You dont understand that their hands were totally tied by the fact that their young QB just won a SB and was heading in FA. Really? If the let Flacco walk and it turns out that his playoff performance that year wasnt a fluke, and he is actually a great QB that franchise never would have never heard the end of it. QBs are so hard to find, no one is going to let a young SB winner just walk for nothing.

Sure. But that doesn't mean you give the guy a back laden contract that's impossible to escape from. Ozzie Newsome is a genius, though...

Zeke

So is that rumor about Murray bitching true? Come home Murray! You would be a hero, leave to infiltrate the eagles and murder their cap and run then come home to Dallas and taking the starting job and rack up another 1,000yd season! Also you're future superb owl champs will be from the NFCE...unless its Philly.

eznark

Banned
This won't get 1/10 the coverage

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-sees-little-risk-of-cte-from-youth-football/

A day after one of the doctors portrayed in the upcoming film Concussion came out in favor of a ban on contact sports for children, one of that doctor’s longtime colleagues says he has a different takeaway from their research.

Neurologist Dr. Julian Bailes said on Tuesday that he disagrees with his colleague Dr. Bennet Omalu, who wrote in the New York Times on Monday that he believes children should be barred from football, hockey, boxing, mixed martial arts and other contact sports. Bailes believes that recent rules changes made at all levels of football mitigate many of the risks associated with the sport.

“I’m a big believer in the benefits of organized sports and the benefits of football. I have two children who play football and I believe football is safer than it’s ever been,” Bailes said on a conference call today.

Bailes said the risk of Chronic Traumatic Encephelopathy comes from pro football players slamming into each other thousands of times over the course of years, and not from the kinds of hits that children inflict on each other in a few Pop Warner seasons. Bailes also believes that the seemingly large numbers of former players who have been diagnosed with CTE come from those players’ brains being selected for research specifically because those players showed symptoms of brain damage. Bailes said only about 100 football players have been shown to have CTE out of tens of thousands who have played in the NFL.

“We don’t know the prevalence of CTE. I have said and I believe that CTE is a risk in a minority of NFL players and hopefully in a group of players who are in a now bygone era, meaning that the reforms in the NFL that began in 2009, as a result of our work and others’ work, has resulted in sweeping changes,” Bailes said. “Those that have been tested were those who the family brought forward after death thinking that they had CTE, thinking they were symptomatic, thinking they were showing signs and symptoms, so it’s a very skewed, very biased sample if you look at it scientifically or epistemologically. We don’t know the real prevalence.”

In Concussion, Bailes is played by Alec Baldwin and Omalu is played by Will Smith. In real life, Omalu has referred to Bailes as “my mentor” on studying head injuries in football. But Bailes and Omalu disagree about whether football is safe for children. Omalu says it isn’t, Bailes says it is.

What if I told you that there was a team that choked more than any other team ever? And then that team went on to never do anything again.

You can insert that about half a dozen other teams though.

I heard him on the radio the other day. Dumb

second place in my division
vKj1ivd.gif

Hitting the waiver wire. I need a decent #2 RB...

Not only are you second in the division.. You are second in the league and if you hadn't of shit the bed against Fanatic (thank you again by the way fanatic for giving me a good birthday present). You'd be first in the division and the league I believe.

JFF returns

This and Oklahoma making the playoffs.. Everything is coming up Squicken..

I wonder if Cajun still supports Trump, but I dare not visit his Twitter.

Excuse me?

Top Bottom