• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 15 |OT| - A Fraud’s Misses

Jarate

Banned
You know the Pats played the same divisions right? (NFC East and AFC South). The Pats also played the AFC East, which you can't tell me is a juggernaut when the Bills and Dolphins both just lost to that terribad NFC East and the Jets looked awful against a Romo-less Cowboys team.

You know what, let me stop. I'm slipping back into DISRESPECK mode and no one likes a sore winner. I'm already on record saying that the Cardinals are the best team in pro football and the Seahawks are dangerous as hell on account of their experience and Russell Wilson playing the best football of his career. It wouldn't surprise me if either team came to Carolina and beat the Panthers. Hell, it wouldn't really surprise me if the Packers did either.

The "easy schedule" line just riles me up though. It was the same schedule before the year started and NO ONE thought the Panthers could get close to 14 wins against it, let alone get to 14-0. Plus the little fact that everyone has an easy schedule because EVERYONE IS AWFUL. THE LEAGUE IS FULL OF BAD TEAMS.

Pats are still the defending champs and still have Brady and Gronk

I don't think its disrespectful to say that the Panthers have a cupcake schedule. Pats do too, but theyve already proved themselves

The jets might be the worst 9-5 team ever though

squicken

The "easy schedule" line just riles me up though. It was the same schedule before the year started and NO ONE thought the Panthers could get close to 14 wins against it, let alone get to 14-0. Plus the little fact that everyone has an easy schedule because EVERYONE IS AWFUL. THE LEAGUE IS FULL OF BAD TEAMS.

Some teams have brutal schedules. Go look at the Browns schedule. The NFCN teams have all faced difficult schedules. AFCW teams have had relatively difficult schedules.

As far as the Pats, we rip the Pats all the time for their easy division! The Colts coasted to all those division wins in a terrible AFCS. Welcome to be going good! It's almost always a huge function of being lucky. CAR's emergence has not coincidentally come as NO and ATL fell apart as franchises and TB stayed TB.

The whole frauds thing is good for your team. Athletes thrive on being disrespected. For fans it gets tiring it's better than cheering for overmatched teams week to week

MechDX

CWuXyREWwAA5MxC.jpg:large

Playoff QB Brandon Weeden.......they cropped him in wearing a white jersey

:jnc

Crisco

Banned
Last time the defense sucked and almost cost us a game they went out and destroyed the Falcons the following week. That'll be fun to watch again!

squicken

All things Giants/Panthers, or basically Odell Beckham, dominates the viewership on NFL's YT page.

Have you ever seen anything like what he did on that 20 yard sprint-spear of Norman after a play was over? Yes, Adrian Peterson Greg Hardy on and on. Doesn't excuse Beckham's behavior

I have been very ho-hum on Tannehill lately but in the 4 years I've watched him I have to say he has put up with some real shit.

The Dolphins offensive line is very bad. It has been very bad since Tannehill entered the league, part of the reason why he is always near the top of the charts (if not #1) in sacks.

This season the Dolphins had three solid offensive linemen heading in: Mike Pouncey, Branden Albert, and Ju'Wuan James. All three have dealt with injuries this season and as of right now all three are currently out. Yesterday was the first game with all three missing at the same time and it was downright terrifying watching Tannehill try to drop back and pass behind that swiss cheese amalgamation of dfraft pick busts and FA bums signed off of the street less than a week ago.

What I'm realizing watching the Dolphins is that their window has closed. I know it sounds stupid and funny but the mediocrity they achieved the past few seasons is a distant memory now as the talented players like Grimes and Wake wither away. The Dolphins have a bad defensive line. They have a bad secondary. They have bad linebackers. They have no pass rush yet are still incapable of stopping the run. These are not problems you solve in one or even two offseasons. This team is on a downhill trajectory.

Frankly, I feel sorry for whoever the next coach is. Being "blessed" with the gift of Mike Tannenbaum is enough to doom any coach right out of the gate, not to mention the observed universal truth that looms over the Dolphins; losers lose.

It's back to the basement with Miami where they belong. The run of mediocrity was good while it lasted, I guess.

squicken

Eagles defense

-Allowed 400 yards in 5 straight games
-Allowed more points than the Giants. Only NOLA worse
-Only CLE has given up more rushing yards
-Only MIA and NOLA have given up more passing TDs
-Most plays against

They were actually a top 5 unit in the first half of the year! Totally cratered once Hicks got hurt

Crisco

Banned
So can we make it official, Cam is the MVP? The statistical argument against him is dead after his recent tear and he added another game winning drive. Does he even have to play the last 2 games?

kmag

Um...any Hines Ward game ever?

Steve Smith was hardly a shrinking violet either.

I just read Peter King's MMQB column and while I agree with what he says about Beckham, but while he continually lambasts the refs for not ejecting Beckham for punching Finnegan, he fails to mention Norman threw the first punch on the first play of the game starting the whole mess. The implication seeming to be that there shouldn't be ejections until the game gets really chippy later on.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
There's not a single division that has achieved this feat.

Super bowls no, but if you include pre super bowl era championships then the nfc east can claim that.

Afc east as well if you credit buffalo with their pre super bowl afl championship.

Hindl

Eagles defense

-Most plays against

They were actually a top 5 unit in the first half of the year! Totally cratered once Hicks got hurt

Fuck Billy D and his weak ass schemes. Seems like every time he starts getting called out for being a shit coordinator the defense has an amazing game and people forget. This unit is so much better than it's playing. He has the corners give receivers like 10 yards cushion on every play and it seems like they are told to barely attempt to jam receivers when they are at the line. He needs to be gone

prag16

Banned
Have you ever seen anything like what he did on that 20 yard sprint-spear of Norman after a play was over? Yes, Adrian Peterson Greg Hardy on and on. Doesn't excuse Beckham's behavior
Literally a foot and a half away from the play and before the runner was even down you mean.

Yes it was a cheap shot deserving of a flag and probably a fine. But don't twist the facts to fit your narrative. Your description makes it sound like he sought him out 20 yards away from the pile after the whistle. The hyperbole everywhere surrounding this is absurd.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 41s41 seconds ago

NFL discussing discipline for Odell Beckham Jr. this morning, but based on conversations with league sources, a 1-game suspension is likely.

squicken

Fuck Billy D and his weak ass schemes. Seems like every time he starts getting called out for being a shit coordinator the defense has an amazing game and people forget. This unit is so much better than it's playing. He has the corners give receivers like 10 yards cushion on every play and it seems like they are told to barely attempt to jam receivers when they are at the line. He needs to be gone

Definitely feels like they are worse than the sum of their parts. I really do think a big issue is they have nothing at ILB. It's totally ruined the run defense. But opponents seem to always easily find the holes in the pass defense. When they don't force turnovers they are bad. Brady and Cam threw like 5 picks combined, but at the same time threw for a ton of yards.

Offense has put them in lots of binds, but I think that is letting the defense off easy. They can't get off the field b/c they can't cover or tackle. They suck on 3rd down. They suck in the RZ. They are currently as bad as the Saints and Giants defenses

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/1161382/hines-ward-blast-ed-reed-o.gif[/IG][/QUOTE]

Yep that is pretty damn cheap. Just as bad

kmag

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 41s41 seconds ago

NFL discussing discipline for Odell Beckham Jr. this morning, but based on conversations with league sources, a 1-game suspension is likely.

I'd actually like to see the Giants sit him voluntarily, but when this

Andre%20Johnson%20fight.gif

doesn't result in a suspension, then I'm not sure Beckham should be getting one.

eznark

Banned
Eagles defense

-Most plays against

Weird that making guys play for 75% of every game will start to hurt them down the stretch.

kmag

The man literally jogged several yards to hit him. (Not to mention the other incidents during the game before the big one.) he has to sit for a game. He has to and I don't see how he doesn't.

The ball was still in play. Jogging several yards doesn't really come into it. It's a disgracefully cowardly cheap hit, but if it was just isolation it's not something which normally draws a suspension. As one part of Beckham's meltdown yesterday then sure I don't have an issue but then I'd suspend everyone who throws a punch after the fact if they're not ejected during the game basically as they do soccer.

A suspension would probably be the best thing for him and the Giants in the long run.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
I'd actually like to see the Giants sit him voluntarily, but when this

Andre%20Johnson%20fight.gif

doesn't result in a suspension, then I'm not sure Beckham should be getting one.

Why the hell would that deserve a suspension? Finnegan threw the first punch and Andre just taught him a lesson. Both were tossed out too.

jakncoke

Banned
So you're saying Beckham's attack on Finnegan yesterday cancels out his cheap shot on Norman? No punishment NFL!

Im talking about getting punched like Andre did, I dont know what you guys are even talking about as I didnt pay attention to the game for flow of the thread

Top Bottom