• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 15 |OT| - A Fraud’s Misses

Kiryu

#2 seed gets a bye though. If Cards lose to Packers, they will play all their starters against Seattle. If they beat the Packers, yeah they prob rest some players. Cards lock up bye with one more win or GB losing to Vikings. Had stupid Detroit stopped a Damn Hail Mary, the Cards would already have the bye.

The only thing Seattle has left to play for is the #5 seed instead of #6
This is tricky scenario for Seahawks to lose #5 seed.

I have to root Cardinals to beat Packers to secure our #5 seed. (If Seahawks win out) If Cardinals fail then... Sorry Seahawks have to beat Cardinals to keep #5 seed and Packers to get #2 seed... :/

Yeah worried about Honey Badger right now.
Hope it's sprained injury and I don't think he will play next or last week but he should in playoff (#2 seed bye helps)

Mathieu > Earl Thomas this season though!

Godslay

Banned
Refs let them be VERY physical with the Steelers receivers. Sherman got away with a lot of grabbing and clutching, Broncos didn't get the same treatment. I was so shocked they called the PI on Harris - Never happened with Seattle.

Safeties were bad too. Help was slow and communication looked off.

Losing Ward, Stewart, and Bruton has resulted in a drop in secondary play. Bush and Keoh weren't even on the team more than 2 weeks ago.

Harris had a bad game to some degree, safety play made it worse imo.

Even with that said, you still shouldn't lose a game with 4 TDs and 2 picks in your favor. That's on Kubes for not adjusting. 2 weeks in a row. I don't mind losing, just don't pack it in before the game is over.

Just got back from San Diego, even though we lost I had a great time. I'm off tomorrow so I'll post pics from the game; as far as the Dolphins same old story. Terrible defense, horrible oline, especially after Albert came out and of course no run game.

Yup. That interception/fumble barely even phased me. Its not even worth laughing about.

FTF

Nop.
If Falcons win last 2, Seahawks lose last 2, and Vikings lose last 2, then they will all be 9-7, and the wildcards would be Falcons and Seahawks on a 3-way tie-breaker, in which head-to-head doesn't apply.

playoffm9zzr.png

Falcons going to the Super Bowl baby

lol @ them having the Falcons beating Carolina next week...is Cam sitting??

Safeties were bad too. Help was slow and communication looked off.

Losing Ward, Stewart, and Bruton has resulted in a drop in secondary play. Bush and Keoh weren't even on the team more than 2 weeks ago.

Harris had a bad game to some degree, safety play made it worse imo.

Even with that said, you still shouldn't lose a game with 4 TDs and 2 picks in your favor. That's on Kubes for not adjusting. 2 weeks in a row. I don't mind losing, just don't pack it in before the game is over.

Steelers said Broncos D has no weaknesses. ;)

I think where you should be blaming Kubes is for all the throwing in the second half. I couldn't believe how much time there was left on the clock - 2nd half took forever. Steelers are great against the rush, but you've got to keep pounding. Can't keep stopping the clock and giving them time.

squicken

Josh Paunil @JoshPaunil
Connor Barwin said the Cardinals are the best team the Eagles have played this year, better than the Panthers and Patriots.

Totally agree. I could see an avenue to beating both the Pats and Panthers. But I knew the Eagles had no shot vs AZ. I was just hoping they kept it close. AZ is way more talented on both sides of the ball than Philly

But CAR is a lot better now than they were earlier so who knows. SEA is also playing awesome. At least we are finally getting good football from good teams. Overall I thought the level of play was up this week, though Texans-Colts threatened to set back the sport by 80 years

This is tricky scenario for Seahawks to lose #5 seed.

I have to root Cardinals to beat Packers to secure our #5 seed. (If Seahawks win out) If Cardinals fail then... Sorry Seahawks have to beat Cardinals to keep #5 seed and Packers to get #2 seed... :/

Hope it's sprained injury and I don't think he will play next or last week but he should in playoff (#2 seed bye helps)

Mathieu > Earl Thomas this season though!

I have a feeling that he'll be resting until the play offs at least.

According to local news, Mathieu's status is good and "positive" (via rashad johnson)

They wound't specify any more, so we'll see tomorrow I guess.

Good news

KingBroly

Banned
You'd think Goodell would want a 19-0 Champion for the 50th Super Bowl to cement some kind of legacy for him?

I can't see Carolina giving Atlanta a reprieve after what happened today. They're probably livid they almost let it get away and are going to go down there and murder them. Same thing for Tampa.

I personally think Carolina's played the best over the past month despite the clear letdowns. They REALLY need to stop doing that so early.

Godslay

Banned

I think where you should be blaming Kubes is for all the throwing in the second half. I couldn't believe how much time there was left on the clock - 2nd half took forever. Steelers are great against the rush, but you've got to keep pounding. Can't keep stopping the clock and giving them time.

Every team has a weakness. We all know that.

Same thing happened in Oakland game. Steelers play tighter, get pressure, Denver abandons run, time to throw shrinks, and offense sputters. Brock then gets a bit finicky.

Ben had the same issue in the 1st half, but adapted.

Difference I guess is guy who is in 5th game, versus old timer who has seen it before.

Oh well, I should follow my own advice and treat him as a rookie and not have any expectations on the rest of the season.

Off to bed GG btw.

bionic77

The Broncos D was legit. Ben and Brown were just amazing (except that last INY).

They get pressure and can cover. Almost nothing we got was easy.

We have 2 number one receivers and Wheaton is a legit 2. That's 3 mismatches in the secondary unless the refs let defenders rape our guys like Seattle got away with. We will get one points.

I think in a rematch the Broncos should dial up more blitzes and take their chances against the big play.

I would pick the Broncos in a rematch. Hopefully we don't see them again...

cdyhybrid

The Broncos D was legit. Ben and Brown were just amazing (except that last INY).

They get pressure and can cover. Almost nothing we got was easy.

We have 2 number one receivers and Wheaton is a legit 2. That's 3 mismatches in the secondary unless the refs let defenders rape our guys like Seattle got away with. We will get one points.

I think in a rematch the Broncos should dial up more blitzes and take their chances against the big play.

I would pick the Broncos in a rematch. Hopefully we don't see them again...
Such a shame. The Steelers used to be known as a tough, physical team. The Steel Curtain. Mean Joe Greene. Now they're just soft. Finesse.

Get Rickety Rickety Recked, son! j/k, GG, Eagles-GAF. 12-2, baby! a franchise record! Also NFC West Champs again at last! Woooooooooooooo!

The first half was really frustrating. At one point a list came out of the number of drops by WRs for each team and I want to say we were tied for the second least. The beginning of this game was ridiculous with drops by guys who normally never do and John Brown is normally so dependable with those long passes. I feel we left a lot of points on the field because of it but that now looks like a silly complaint after ending up with 40. I'm happy that he was able to bounce back with a nice TD play, impressive footwork to say in bounds. Floyd also redeemed himself with a few great catches, that one in particular where his hip and foot hit in-bounds just in time was fantastic!

Our defense also struggled early, Rashad Johnson being out was a surprise revealed just before the game and he's a huge loss because besides the fact that he had the most interceptions on the team and was tied for second most over all in the league (recently, not sure if that's still the case) he also is the guy that reads the O and barks out shifts in coverage. Basically, the QB of our defense like the announcer said. I think it took longer to adjust because of it but after half time we did as usual. As I said before the game in another post, don't get excited if the Cards don't do a lot in the first half because the second half is always ours. Our starting Center, Sendlein was also out but our backup did a solid job over all. A few bad sacks on critical third downs but over all they did their job.

David Johnson deserves his own section, what a game he had! This kid was every Cards fan's favorite pick in our last draft and who we had the highest expectations for and man is the kid going beyond expectations. The kid has 12 TDs with limited playing time for most of the season. He's definitely our RB of the future (and now) and I'm excited to see him grow and only get better as he continues to learn the game. He had a few terrific blitz blocks and wow that 47 yarder or whatever it was! Broke like 6 tackles and a mean stiff arm at the end. Kid's a stud and his presence will protect us from getting fleeced by Chris Johnson in the off season. Although Chris' injury and age puts a damper on his asking price already. David can catch, run and block the complete package who won't give away our plays when he's out there. Love the kid.

After it was a problem for a stretch, we've now went 4 games in a row without committing a turnover and I hope that continues. The future is bright but we have two playoff opponents before us. Lets take this as free playoff practice and see how we measure up! I just pray that Honey Badger is alright, the only thing that dampered this evening :( Fortunately, Peterson already said that Mathieu was walking well so they're hopeful. Thank god Palmer's finger injury wasn't serious too and David Johnson gave me a scare just before the half. Good grief! Also, I'll be livid if Honey Badger's injury is serious because there was no reason for him to be out there at that point in the game... That woke coach up and he finally took Palmer out and let Stanton close it out. I'm sorry his play wasn't as exciting as his dance moves ;)

Anyway, on to waiting on Honey Badger's health report and preparing to host the Packers! I'll save my pre-game blurb on that match for the next thread.

congrats to cards-age and my boy squall! even though i have constantly trolled, it is nice to see bum franchises (in the grand scheme of their existences!) taste some success. that is why even though i hate the seachickens (and indeed all of our division rivals) i was happy to see the seahawks fanbase experience a championship.

Thank you, brother. I think we have to win a playoff game to gain your full respect though, right? Does earning a bye count? We advance a round that way ;) As much as I hate divisional rivals, I was ok with the Chickens getting one because I like seeing franchises that have never won it get there chance to shine. Hopefully this year will finally be the Cardinals' time to shine! Then we can brag that everyone in our division has won a championship ;) I wonder how many divisions can already say that? I'd have to look.

Get Rickety Rickety Recked, son! j/k, GG, Eagles-GAF. 12-2, baby! a franchise record! Also NFC West Champs again at last! Woooooooooooooo!

The first half was really frustrating. At one point a list came out of the number of drops by WRs for each team and I want to say we were tied for the second least. The beginning of this game was ridiculous with drops by guys who normally never do and John Brown is normally so dependable with those long passes. I feel we left a lot of points on the field because of it but that now looks like a silly complaint after ending up with 40. I'm happy that he was able to bounce back with a nice TD play, impressive footwork to say in bounds. Floyd also redeemed himself with a few great catches, that one in particular where his hip and foot hit in-bounds just in time was fantastic!

Our defense also struggled early, Rashad Johnson being out was a surprise revealed just before the game and he's a huge loss because besides the fact that he had the most interceptions on the team and was tied for second most over all in the league (recently, not sure if that's still the case) he also is the guy that reads the O and barks out shifts in coverage. Basically, the QB of our defense like the announcer said. I think it took longer to adjust because of it but after half time we did as usual. As I said before the game in another post, don't get excited if the Cards don't do a lot in the first half because the second half is always ours. Our starting Center, Sendlein was also out but our backup did a solid job over all. A few bad sacks on critical third downs but over all they did their job.

David Johnson deserves his own section, what a game he had! This kid was every Cards fan's favorite pick in our last draft and who we had the highest expectations for and man is the kid going beyond expectations. The kid has 12 TDs with limited playing time for most of the season. He's definitely our RB of the future (and now) and I'm excited to see him grow and only get better as he continues to learn the game. He had a few terrific blitz blocks and wow that 47 yarder or whatever it was! Broke like 6 tackles and a mean stiff arm at the end. Kid's a stud and his presence will protect us from getting fleeced by Chris Johnson in the off season. Although Chris' injury and age puts a damper on his asking price already. David can catch, run and block the complete package who won't give away our plays when he's out there. Love the kid.

After it was a problem for a stretch, we've now went 4 games in a row without committing a turnover and I hope that continues. The future is bright but we have two playoff opponents before us. Lets take this as free playoff practice and see how we measure up! I just pray that Honey Badger is alright, the only thing that dampered this evening :( Fortunately, Peterson already said that Mathieu was walking well so they're hopeful. Thank god Palmer's finger injury wasn't serious too and David Johnson gave me a scare just before the half. Good grief! Also, I'll be livid if Honey Badger's injury is serious because there was no reason for him to be out there at that point in the game... That woke coach up and he finally took Palmer out and let Stanton close it out. I'm sorry his play wasn't as exciting as his dance moves ;)

Anyway, on to waiting on Honey Badger's health report and preparing to host the Packers! I'll save my pre-game blurb on that match for the next thread.

Thank you, brother. I think we have to win a playoff game to gain your full respect though, right? Does earning a bye count? We advance a round that way ;) As much as I hate divisional rivals, I was ok with the Chickens getting one because I like seeing franchises that have never won it get there chance to shine. Hopefully this year will finally be the Cardinals' time to shine! Then we can brag that everyone in our division has won a championship ;) I wonder how many divisions can already say that? I'd have to look.

There's not a single division that has achieved this feat.

lets be honest: if you guys dont win a playoff game this year, you would be massively disappointed and the season would have been more or less worthless. it's your time to win a championship now, but i feel like you're going to need to overcome the seachickens in the playoffs!

prag16

Banned
ESPN going in on OBJ. Saying the game could "alter the trajectory of his career".

The hyperbole surrounding this is ridiculous. (Though it should be noted that Graziano is a known Giants hater with a long history of trolling Giants fans with clickbait such as this.)

He's a young passionate guy who lost his head in this game. This isn't a defining moment of who he is (and the hit wasn't even nearly as egregious as it's being made out to be... it wasn't late, and it was right on top of the play; enough for plausible deniability... flag and fine, yes; clear suspension and disgraceful scumbag? no).

He's been nothing but a well adjusted individual off the field, and they love him in the locker room. He absolutely showed a ton of immaturity today. He will learn from this and move on. Disappointing to see all the beat writers (and even homer bloggers) seemingly turning on him over this game. Pretty ridiculous.

lets be honest: if you guys dont win a playoff game this year, you would be massively disappointed and the season would have been more or less worthless. it's your time to win a championship now, but i feel like you're going to need to overcome the seachickens in the playoffs!

Very true, we're too good to drop out that quick and I'd be massively disappointed. It doesn't take away from how special this season has been to us Cards fans though. I guess it's hard to imagine when you've rooted for a team that's won so much in its tenure but hitting 12 wins for the first time feels so good, especially when there's two more games left in the reg. Breaking franchise record after record (granted most of our years have been terrible but beating our previous SB team feels good) and just seeing the depth we have. No matter how it ends, I know this Cards team is special and we're a contender as long as Palmer stays healthy and plays well. That said, it's as you say, at the end of the day it's all for one singular purpose: to win it all and if you fall short of that you failed. It's just that given our history, we can appreciate some of the stuff along the way that fans of perennial winner franchises have lost sight of with so much success.

I'm not being a homer and am dead honest when I say there's not a single NFL team I'm afraid of. So bring on the chickens. I'm not stupid, I very much respect the threat the chickens, packers, panthers, patriots and steelers present and know damn well we could lose to most of those teams but I like our chances against any of them and I can't explain how incredible that feels for a fan of a franchise that's never truly won anything. We have the talent to go all the way, now we just have to execute. This is our time and window of opportunity, we must seize it now while the iron is hot #yearofthecardinals

Milchjon

Why? There would be a clear good vs. evil battle.

Small town, home-grown Seahawks vs. the darlings-of-the-league, silver spoon Steelers!

I only root for real underdogs like the scrappy, injury-plagued Patriots.

God, I had high hopes for this year's playoff field, but now it's the same old cunts heating up while we lose player after player.

KingBroly

Banned
I feel like the NFC Final 4 will be SEA-ARZ and MIN-CAR. I think Minnesota is finding something right now while Green Bay is kinda stuck in a rut. But I feel like GB is going to host the Vikings in the Wild Card round.

Striker

I feel like the NFC Final 4 will be SEA-ARZ and MIN-CAR. I think Minnesota is finding something right now while Green Bay is kinda stuck in a rut. But I feel like GB is going to host the Vikings in the Wild Card round.
Still don't buy the Vikes pass game against a good defense. Seattle wrecked them and a rematch would be no different. Same if they faced ARZ or CAR.

I am curious if Harrison Smith, Linval Joseph and Anthony Barr are playing next Sunday night.

KingBroly

Banned
Still don't buy the Vikes pass game against a good defense. Seattle wrecked them and a rematch would be no different. Same if they faced ARZ or CAR.

I am curious if Harrison Smith, Linval Joseph and Anthony Barr are playing next Sunday night.

well...Green Bay doesn't have a good defense. They are very spotty and one or two throws can open everything for you against them.

Like I said, if Carolina learned to not let their foot off peoples' throats, they'd have blown out like...8 or 9 teams including Houston, NO, Philly, NYG, GB and Indy. They had like 15-20+ point leads against all of them and only had single-digit wins against all of them. They're the best team in the league by far when they want to be and get caught up in things when they have to be, except for Cam who is a machine.

#TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS

well...Green Bay doesn't have a good defense. They are very spotty and one or two throws can open everything for you against them.

Like I said, if Carolina learned to not let their foot off peoples' throats, they'd have blown out like...8 or 9 teams including Houston, NO, Philly, NYG, GB and Indy. They had like 15-20+ point leads against all of them and only had single-digit wins against all of them. They're the best team in the league by far when they want to be and get caught up in things when they have to be, except for Cam who is a machine.

Or the Panthers defense is actually garbage and the reason teams get back in to games against them is because they're not very good.

Crud

Banned
#TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS #TEXANS

We will not dishonor Yates sacrifice.

GO TEXANS!!

I only root for real underdogs like the scrappy, injury-plagued Patriots.

God, I had high hopes for this year's playoff field, but now it's the same old cunts heating up while we lose player after player.
Patriots aren't underdogs when they're preseason favorites. Bellichek can start resting everyone if he wanted too. Aren't they a lock for #1?

KingBroly

Banned
I just found out that it's possible for the Broncos to miss out on the Playoffs. I can't even comprehend how truly amazing that would be.

OuterLimits

According to local news, Mathieu's status is good and "positive" (via rashad johnson)

They wound't specify any more, so we'll see tomorrow I guess.

He would obviously be a huge loss for the defense, but the Cardinals offense is good enough to give them a good chance against any playoff team. Last year was much more depressing watching a 9-1 team fall apart after Palmer and even Stanton went down. The running game is also much better for the Cards this year.

A bunch of teams are dealing with some fairly significant injuries right now.

Actually I'm kind of surprised the Cards won and by a fairly big margin. Usually they suck in cold temperatures.

Jarate

Banned
Honestly, I think I'd pick the Cardinals, Pats and Seahawks over the Panthers right now

Panthers are eating up an easy as hell schedule as they get to play against the NFC East, AFC South and a really mediocre NFC Sout

They played the Seahawks when they were going through some issues early this year and also beat a Packers team when they were at their worst.

Milchjon

Patriots aren't underdogs when they're preseason favorites. Bellichek can start resting everyone if he wanted too. Aren't they a lock for #1?

a) I was being sarcastic. Mostly.
b) They're underdogs when they're like #2 in players on IR and it looks even worse if you include players that missed at least some games. If you look at their top 10 most important players, I think only Brady and Jones didn't miss any time. They got by on a weak schedule. They'll get blown out in the playoffs if their injury luck continues. I mean they even struggled somewhat against the Titans, and lost against a bad Eagles team.
What makes it so frustrating is that this is probably their best team since 2007, even post-Solder and Lewis. If they manage to put all their non-IR players on the field at once, I'd give them a shot.

Honestly, I think I'd pick the Cardinals, Pats and Seahawks over the Panthers right now

Panthers are eating up an easy as hell schedule as they get to play against the NFC East, AFC South and a really mediocre NFC Sout

They played the Seahawks when they were going through some issues early this year and also beat a Packers team when they were at their worst.

You know the Pats played the same divisions right? (NFC East and AFC South). The Pats also played the AFC East, which you can't tell me is a juggernaut when the Bills and Dolphins both just lost to that terribad NFC East and the Jets looked awful against a Romo-less Cowboys team.

You know what, let me stop. I'm slipping back into DISRESPECK mode and no one likes a sore winner. I'm already on record saying that the Cardinals are the best team in pro football and the Seahawks are dangerous as hell on account of their experience and Russell Wilson playing the best football of his career. It wouldn't surprise me if either team came to Carolina and beat the Panthers. Hell, it wouldn't really surprise me if the Packers did either.

The "easy schedule" line just riles me up though. It was the same schedule before the year started and NO ONE thought the Panthers could get close to 14 wins against it, let alone get to 14-0. Plus the little fact that everyone has an easy schedule because EVERYONE IS AWFUL. THE LEAGUE IS FULL OF BAD TEAMS.

Top Bottom