• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 15 |OT| - A Fraud’s Misses

eznark

Banned
Watched Browns-Seahawks and it is like a college vs pro team.

-I am always stunned how tiny the Browns WRs are.
-Except Pryor and Bowe, who are big and slow
-Barnidge and Benjamin are keepers. Toss the rest.
-The defense is so bad I can't even put in-
-OL is good but they will lose Mack and his presumptive heir...
-Cam Erving might not be an NFL player. Joe Thomas replaced him on FGs and XPs. If he can't even block for the kicking game then why is he on a roster?

How did our boy look? That game was on during the Packers game so I haven't seen any of it.

The officials set the tone early when they didn't flag Norman for throwing Beckham to the ground right in front of an official. Beckham lost his cool and it took him way to long to get it back. But this narrative is so full of hyperbole it's crazy. He has no history as a cheap shot artist.

He's got a history of being a bitch.

https://twitter.com/Jiillyy/status/651045580630851584

throwin punches at players because he got jacked

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I feel like a grown ass man should be held 100% responsible for his actions without applying blame to everything else at the same time.

Especially when you're talking about assaulting someone with a weapon intentionally. How the fuck does that fall on anyone else?

jakncoke

Banned
Is there any site that has leaders all time or records single season of completion % for targets. In the past 3 years Antonio Brown had 355 receptions on 513 targets or or 69.2% completion of his targets. Im curious how this stacks up vs current wrs and all time.

eznark

Banned
I feel like a grown ass man should be held 100% responsible for his actions without applying blame to everything else at the same time.

Especially when you're talking about assaulting someone with a weapon intentionally. How the fuck does that fall on anyone else?

That's not the world we live in. We need to find someone other than the individual to blame. Unfortunately with OBJ we don't have the usual scape goats of a rough upbringing, crack head mama, or playing basketball so we have to get extra lazy and blame the governing institution, in this case the refs. By the end of the day I'm sure Steven A. will have cooked up some other boogey man too. My guess is this is all somehow Goodell's fault.

I was trying to tell you! Instead I dragged myself into a Dez argument

j1iHmQF.jpg

Greg

this post might hurt someone's feelings :(((((

LJ11

Is there any site that has leaders all time or records single season of completion % for targets. In the past 3 years Antonio Brown had 355 receptions on 513 targets or or 69.2% completion of his targets. Im curious how this stacks up vs current wrs and all time.

Fuck around with pro football reference, you can query a ton of shit.

squicken

How did our boy look? That game was on during the Packers game so I haven't seen any of it.

I think we talked like a month ago about Carr and Harrington and Couch doing their best for god awful teams. About like that. Browns are just really overmatched by Seattle. Game was also really short. CLE had just 7 possessions. SEA was 9/12 on 3rd downs and just went on long drive after long drive

eznark

Banned
CLE had just 7 possessions.

Wow. And they scored on three of them? Looking forward to watching it. Looks like a lot of short stuff.

It's probably close, at least in recent history. League leaders are usually in the high 60's and doing it three years in a row is rare for any non-QB counting stat in the NFL.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Jesus Christ this OBJ shit is a microcosm of OUR FAILING SOCIETY.

It's everyone else's fault. Norman started it. There is too much media pressure. The officials didn't do enough to stop it.

Fine. Let's all stop pretending to care about protecting the players then if we're going to grasp at the thinnest possible straw to defend a guy for going out of his way to use his helmet as a weapon to attempt to knock another guy out.

Pathetic. Here is your participation medal. Grab a cruelty free farm to table no gluten vegan orange on your way out.
I get everything but the bolded, you dont think the refs should have thrown one or both of them out at the first hit to the head?

eznark

Banned
I get everything but the bolded, you dont think the refs should have thrown one or both of them out at the first hit to the head?

Of course they should have. But them not doing so doesn't suddenly give Beckham license to weaponize his helmet.

squicken

Wow. And they scored on three of them? Looking forward to watching it. Looks like a lot of short stuff.

Yeah SEA was not going to let Benjamin get deep on a scramble. There were voids I think a better QB exploits, but SEA's DBs were all over the WRs. I don't know how Barnidge does it but the dude is like Jason Witten in finding ways to get open. His box out on the TD is really impressive

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Manziel looked okay, nothing spectacular but definitely not the problem in the game.

About 4 or 5 drops by our WRs in crucial moments as well.

Commentators at one point were actually chastising him for staying in the pocket too long and not running. I think he only had 2 times where he actually took off and ran.

His one touchdown he probably could have ran it in but he decided on a strong throw across his body to Barnidge in the end zone. From what I remember I think he could have ran in but looked like he would have probably been hit hard right at the end zone as I remember 2 or 3 guys floating around the area.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Of course they should have. But them not doing so doesn't suddenly give Beckham license to weaponize his helmet.

of course it doesnt, but who's saying it does? Like who are you responding to, or were you just doing a nice straw man to bitch about society?

of course it doesnt, but who's saying it does? Like who are you responding to, or were you just doing a nice straw man to bitch about society?

It all started in response to this post

The hyperbole surrounding this is ridiculous. (Though it should be noted that Graziano is a known Giants hater with a long history of trolling Giants fans with clickbait such as this.)

He's a young passionate guy who lost his head in this game. This isn't a defining moment of who he is (and the hit wasn't even nearly as egregious as it's being made out to be... it wasn't late, and it was right on top of the play; enough for plausible deniability... flag and fine, yes; clear suspension and disgraceful scumbag? no).

He's been nothing but a well adjusted individual off the field, and they love him in the locker room. He absolutely showed a ton of immaturity today. He will learn from this and move on. Disappointing to see all the beat writers (and even homer bloggers) seemingly turning on him over this game. Pretty ridiculous.

Jopie

Headshot defense force. gaf is a wonderful place.

Bbb..bbbbut did you see that one handed catch last year!

It was a cheap shot. Dude went unhinged. Litterally the only people defending it are the ones that were giggling like school girls over his fancy red cleats during the warm ups.

His behavior was far more egregious than Suh's was when he was stepping on people. Hope he enjoys being the new villain of the NFL. He can be two face. Flip a coin, if it comes up heads you get a fancy, one handed, backflip, highlight reel catch. If it comes up tails he tries to end your career by spearing you in the head with his helmet.

Line_HTX

Never mind Kirk Cousins, it's ACTUALLY Odell Beckham Jr. that's going to stop the Giants from the 4 year cycle and the pure gold of 50.

squicken

Never mind Kirk Cousins, it's ACTUALLY Odell Beckham Jr. that's going to stop the Giants from the 4 year cycle and the pure gold of 50.

eh Skins will clinch next week. I kind of wonder how the Maras will take all of this and how that relates to Coughlin and Reese

prag16

Banned
eh Skins will clinch next week. I kind of wonder how the Maras will take all of this and how that relates to Coughlin and Reese
I respect Coughlin and what he's done. But a new voice is needed at this point. I'd like to see them take a hard look at S&C. The beat writers all sweep this under the rug, but the amount of consistent soft tissue injuries for years now are more than luck can explain.

Hindl

It's a divisional game at home. Don't assume it'll be a cakewalk. Although if Maxwell and Rowe are still out that could decide it. Biggers and Watkins are fine depth but they aren't starters at all

jakncoke

Banned
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201512200nyg.htm#drives

I don't know if there is a better way to link to the exact drive, but that end of the second half drive from Newton was easily the most impressed I've ever been with him. Just a string of accurate and on time throws.

was wondering what those numbers on the right represented and laughed at giants final drive wild swing for expected win pct

Giants last drive
1:55 incomple pass 12.7%
1:51 odell 14 yd td 62%
1:51 extra point 54.7% (wuhhh how do lose expected win% on a made xp that ties the game)
1:51 kick off that was returned 27 yards, carolina drive starts at 26 34.7%

eznark

Banned
was wondering what those numbers on the right represented and laughed at giants final drive wild swing for expected win pct

Giants last drive
1:55 incomple pass 12.7%
1:51 odell 14 yd td 62%
1:51 extra point 54.7% (wuhhh how do lose expected win% on a made xp that ties the game)
1:51 kick off that was returned 27 yards, carolina drive starts at 26 34.7%

Had a chance to take the lead on that play, chose to tie instead. Algorithms!

LJ11

I know the NFC, and AFC for that matter, East is dog shit, but Gruden's done a good job. I've had the Skins game on pretty regularly for the last month plus and they get a lot out of that roster. Tough situation, managed to get around the RG3 fiasco, and did about as good a job as one can expect when you look at that roster.

Crisco

Banned
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201512200nyg.htm#drives

I don't know if there is a better way to link to the exact drive, but that end of the second half drive from Newton was easily the most impressed I've ever been with him. Just a string of accurate and on time throws.

Yeah the plays he made with his arms and legs on that drive were killer, but he's been consistently deadly in those situations. Even going back to his first two years where the overall team record was poor, he's always been at his best when trying to get a late score. He still makes some throws that will kill us against a better defense, including one in this game that should have been intercepted and returned for a td. That's where the defense just has to play better, even with those mistakes, we shouldn't come close to losing a game where the offense scores 35 points.

Top Bottom