• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 15 |OT| - A Fraud’s Misses

kmag

This offense suits Eli tremendously to boot. Many said he couldn't operate a west coast style offense. McAdoo is still evolving as a coordinator but:

Eli Manning:
TD: 32
INT: 11
%: 63.7
Yards: 3900
AVG: 7.1
Rating" 96.9

Two games left to go. He'll be 35 as you mention and the last two seasons have been tremendous outside of some boneheaded decision making at the worst times (it IS Eli afterall). The presence of Odell is a big factor there obviously but considering the Giants have had a completely non-existent running game and nearly very few weapons outside of Odell - the job Coughlin/McAdoo have done on the offensive side of the ball is impressive to say the least.

Spags was just given almost nothing to work with on the defensive side.

My issue with Spagnuolo is that he's been a DC for 4 years in total and in two of those years he's led the worst defenses in the league, including an historically bad Saints defense. His Rams weren't exactly defensive powerhouses either.

Being a successful DC with a world class DL is a lot easier than putting crap players in the best spots to be successful. Some coaches can manage it, looks like Spagnuolo can't.

My main issue is at the end of games he plays his corners 10 yards off and blitzes, all the receivers have to do is sit on the route or slant in towards the shit linebackers (those who aren't blitzing) and it's an easy completion.

My main issue is at the end of games he plays his corners 10 yards off and blitzes, all the receivers have to do is sit on the route or slant in towards the shit linebackers (those who aren't blitzing) and it's an easy completion.
When your defensive line is non-existent......

His best player on the line is a one-handed man wearing a club the size of your head on the other hand. Think about that for a moment.

rando14

Well, you specified Jay. Despite being the HC, i don't see him as being too involved (in the weeds) on the defensive side of the ball.

Defensively, they were ravaged by injury. Despite years past, they have a true GM in Scot McCloughan. And as 49er/SEA fans can attest, he's a great finder of talent. The Redskins have actually improved in the absence of defensive starters. Joe Barry's defensive staff has done a good job of coaching up their players.

Up until this week, I would have agreed that he didn't do enough with the offense. But taking into consideration that it appears Cousins is finally finding his stride. I'll reserve judgement.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=146251295&postcount=722
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=175008015&postcount=1366

Told ya!!

eznark

Banned
Don't the Browns already owe like $50M to ex-coaches? Not sure an early termination penalty is going to do jack squat.

LonelyNegativeElver.gif

bionic77

Who drafted Carr and Mack for the Raiders?

They had some rough times during and after the death of their zombie CEO.

But now they have a pretty solid foundation and have reason to be optimistic for the future.

Maybe the Browns will also have a moment like this one day before all of us die.

Striker

2008's defense was better and its DL consisted of Mathias Kiwanuka, Barry Cofield, Fred Robbins, Justin Tuck (+1), and depth being Renaldo Wynn, Dave Tollefson, and Jay Alford. Aside from Tuck, who in that group is a Pro Bowler, much less, All World? The LB's being a broken down Antonio Pierce, Danny Clark, Bryan Kehl... Spags doesn't get his credit for that '08 group as much as he should. It had a nice DL, but they weren't superstars. Mediocre LB and Safeties and young, but solid corners.

This year it's clear as day. There's DRC and JPP. Prince has not played really well since returning. What every Giants fan notices is every key drive or game-sealing drive, it's always the safeties or the linebackers getting beat. You see Unga, Dahl, Casillas, Collins, etc. always burnt by everybody. Started the first Dallas game and the story is the same today. The LB situation is Reese's downfall and has been since day one. Look at every top team and they have a good LB crew.

jakncoke

Banned
It'll be interesting to see what comes of Sammie Coates, he hasnt done anything yet because we havent needed him and surely teaching him up and bringing him along slowly

kmag

When your defensive line is non-existent......

His best player on the line is a one-handed man wearing a club on the other hand. Think about that for a moment.

I get that, but the play design (blitzing and allowing multiple receivers instant uncontested hot reads) is silly. You may as well let them try to beat you deep by pressing them at the line to delay the QB getting the ball away. It's the worse possible mix, he doesn't trust any facet of the defense, the CB's are the only halfway NFL caliber part of the defense so he should be at least trusting them, but I guess given the shit show at safety there's a bit of the issue.

Would be more willing to give him the benefit of the doubt if his record wasn't

Yds

2007 NYG 5th
2008 NYG 7th
2009 STL 29th
2010 STL 19th
2011 STL 22th
2012 NOR 32nd
2015 NYG 32nd

2007 NYG 17th
2008 NYG 5th
2009 STL 31st
2010 STL 12th
2011 STL 26th
2012 NOR 31st
2015 NYG 23rd

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
It'll be interesting to see what comes of Sammie Coates, he hasnt done anything yet because we havent needed him and surely teaching him up and bringing him along slowly

He'll play some next year instead of DHB is my guess. Brown, Bryant and Wheaton are all coming back, so he can develop at a slow pace if necessary.

Beach

But now they have a pretty solid foundation and have reason to be optimistic for the future.

Maybe the Browns will also have a moment like this one day before all of us die.
Well Reggie Mackenzie started off terribly with DJ Hayden which may be the worst Raiders draft pick since JaMarcus but when you look back at it that 2013 draft was terrible all around.

He has done fine since, considering a lot of good players just fell to him.

MRSA

Banned

Reggie Mckenzie. Although rumor was Carr was a Mark Davis pick.

squicken wanted Reggie fired, shows how much he knows about football.

Striker

Michael Mulvihill
& #8207;@mulvihill79

15.3 overnight rating for yesterday's Fox NFL singleheader, anchored by CAR-NYG, is a 17 year high for a Fox single.

bionic77

Reggie Mckenzie. Although rumor was Carr was a Mark Davis pick.

squicken wanted Reggie fired, shows how much he knows about football.
I usually never give a fuck about owners other then making fun of them, but Mark Davis is the most likable owner of all time.

The most-injured teams in the NFL this year

All 32 NFL teams (with records heading into Week 15). Number on right represents injured days lost.

Ravens (4-9) 165
Giants (6-7) 165
Patriots (11-2) 163
Redskins (6-7) 158
Browns (3-10) 142
Texans (6-7) 138
Jaguars (5-8) 136
Buccaneers (6-7) 136
Bears (5-8) 132
Steelers (8-5) 130
49ers (4-9) 126
Bills (6-7) 119
Jets (8-5) 115
Colts (6-7) 114
Saints (5-8) 110
Chiefs (8-5) 109
Lions (4-9) 107
Eagles (6-7) 103
Raiders (6-7) 102
Chargers (3-10) 100
Seahawks (8-5) 99
Cowboys (4-9) 94
Packers (9-4) 93
Cardinals (11-2) 92
Falcons (6-7) 91
Panthers (13-0) 91
Vikings (8-5) 86
Titans (3-10) 84
Rams (5-8) 81
Broncos (10-3) 67
Bengals (10-3) 67
Dolphins (5-8) 53

Giants gonna keep the streak alive via tie

rando14

I usually never give a fuck about owners other then making fun of them, but Mark Davis is the most likable owner of all time.

I'd like to nominate Shad Khan as well

13346849.jpg

Look at that stache!! No way would a normal man's wife let him grow that, but he's so rich he don't give a fuuuuuuck!!

My guess is he's Martavis Bryant's long term replacement. Don't see the Steelers holding onto Brown Wheaton and Bryant.

Spinluck

also fuck the colts. so tired of that they've never won there before bullshit.

Anecdotal, but I heard it more from Texans fans than Colts fans. Not that big of a deal to me, Titans and Jags be beat us there before, and the Texans have won the division without having to win there so who cares? Besides jokes, I never really stated it much or took it seriously.

kmag

2008's defense was better and its DL consisted of Mathias Kiwanuka, Barry Cofield, Fred Robbins, Justin Tuck (+1), and depth being Renaldo Wynn, Dave Tollefson, and Jay Alford. Aside from Tuck, who in that group is a Pro Bowler, much less, All World? The LB's being a broken down Antonio Pierce, Danny Clark, Bryan Kehl... Spags doesn't get his credit for that '08 group as much as he should. It had a nice DL, but they weren't superstars. Mediocre LB and Safeties and young, but solid corners.

This year it's clear as day. There's DRC and JPP. Prince has not played really well since returning. What every Giants fan notices is every key drive or game-sealing drive, it's always the safeties or the linebackers getting beat. You see Unga, Dahl, Casillas, Collins, etc. always burnt by everybody. Started the first Dallas game and the story is the same today. The LB situation is Reese's downfall and has been since day one. Look at every top team and they have a good LB crew.

2008 the Giants had for most of the season until Burress shot himself, an unbelievable advantage in TOP on average 33:19 to the opponents 27:23 .They had by the best rushing attack in the league (2518 yards 19 Rushing touchdowns). The Giants D had 4th least snaps to defend in the league and their offense had the 2nd best TOP behind the Ravens

I'm not minimizing that defense, it was a very good all round defense especially on 3rd down and it created a lot of sacks and turnovers, but had an offense which held on to the ball and scored a lot of points. A bit like Dallas's running offense last year flattered their defense by limiting the number of opponents drives.

SonnyBoy

rando14 said:
Told ya!!

He's injected a level of competitiveness and resiliency that hasn't existed under the Snyder era. He actively scouts the existing roster for accountability purposes. Reports state that he'll sit in common areas and actively scout/grade future and existing players. People have been benched regardless of salary for lack of production. None of this happened under any regime in the Snyder era. We've seen the end result in San Fran and Seattle, I wouldn't dare jump that far ahead. But it's not fluke that he's done this twice before and that his newest experiment in the playoff race after only one off-season under his heading.

bionic77

I think you have to. Brown's production is unmatched, but I think more importantly his work ethic is the measuring stick that your entire WR corps aspires to. A salary bump for him is money well spent.
I agree.

He is a leader for the entire team.

We are not the Patriots and can't act like them. The dude has been a bargain for his current contract and deserves it.

That said if you are cold bastard you should not renew him until he only has one year left on his contract. A lot can happen in one year and if you are a cold bastard you would think you could find his replacement during his final year if he walks or get him under value if he gets a freak injury or somehow there is no interest for the best receiver in football.

Top Bottom