• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 15 |OT| - A Fraud’s Misses

DMczaf

CWsJ0cCUAAEf3LU.jpg:large

no

SonnyBoy

It's a rebuilding year for us and if we can take advantage of a poor division in the interim, so be it.

I mean, both the Panthers and Seahawks got into the playoffs with less than stellar records at the start of their current success. Or am I mistaken? Things like this are often a catalyst that teaches a young team what it takes to win.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Anecdotal, but I heard it more from Texans fans than Colts fans. Not that big of a deal to me, Titans and Jags be beat us there before, and the Texans have won the division without having to win there so who cares? Besides jokes, I never really stated it much or took it seriously.

the media says it all the time. Hell Marshal Faulk just last year when the texans were pushing to 9-7 and maybe the playoffs, said he can't take them seriously cause they've never won there.

Even during the broadcast yesterday CBS kept showing how the colts just need to win one more game to win the division if they won yesterday, and then they wouldnt show anything for the Texans if they won yesterday.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Weeden needs to lead the Texans to a loss against the Titans.

what

the media says it all the time. Hell Marshal Faulk just last year when the texans were pushing to 9-7 and maybe the playoffs, said he can't take them seriously cause they've never won there.

Even during the broadcast yesterday CBS kept showing how the colts just need to win one more game to win the division if they won yesterday, and then they wouldnt show anything for the Texans if they won yesterday.
I kept waiting for them to bring it up but they didn't seem to care if we won or something. lol

It's cute that after all these years you think the media gives a Rat's ass about being fair in coverage to both teams.

captive

It's cute that after all these years you think the media gives a Rat's ass about being fair in coverage to both teams.
Uh, its cute you think i don't know this, this is exactly what im pointing out. i know for a fact they don't and i think its bullshit.

Brown had to play with 2nd and 3rd qb's for a chunk of the season.

He would probably have broken 2,000 yards if not for that.

Not to take away from Cam or the Panthers, I am just saying!

The thing that pisses me off is people giving Brown shade because he disappeared without Ben and that should put doubt on him being the NFL's best receiver.

Julio Jones always had Matt Ryan

Dez Bryant fell off a cliff this season without Romo.

Odell has the leagues ironman at QB throwing to him

captive

The thing that pisses me off is people giving Brown shade because he disappeared without Ben and that should put doubt on him being the NFL's best receiver.

Then by this logic, Hopkins is the best receiver by far. He's the only one in the conversation that doesnt have a legit QB, nevermind he's now played with Broken Math Schaub his rookie year, TJ Yates, Case Keenum, Mallet, Hoyer, Savage, Weeden.

Spinluck

I kept waiting for them to bring it up but they didn't seem to care if we won or something. lol

Well, to be frank, no one gave a shit who won this game, both teams are garbage. You guys got plenty of attention in 2012 when you guys were good (Watt hype was real). I'm not sure why the narratives that the media likes to run with are important to you, most of the coverage for pro football is absolute garbage, with former players and coaches saying some of the stupidest shit while bringing up the most meaningless stats. Outside of gambling purposes, Texans unfavorable record in Indy was a chip I feel they put on themselves. Same with caring about who the media covers, there was nothing to cover about the Colts this year outside of dumpster fire appeal.

KingBroly

Banned
I mean, both the Panthers and Seahawks got into the playoffs with less than stellar records at the start of their current success. Or am I mistaken? Things like this are often a catalyst that teaches a young team what it takes to win.

Seahawks went 7-9. Panthers went 12-4 two years ago. 7-8-1 last year with lots of injuries.

bionic77

Just enjoy the fact we are spoiled and get to watch Ben ball with a in his prime Brown.

I really hope we get a full season to see this trio of receivers play with Bell. I always wondered for an OC how the fuck do you decide what play to call? It seems like anything will work when you have Brown, Bryant and Wheaton to throw to and if the defense loads up on them just run it and pick up 5+ with the option of Bell breaking a big one as he is capable of doing.

Then by this logic, Hopkins is the best receiver by far. He's the only one in the conversation that doesnt have a legit QB, nevermind he's now played with Broken Math Schaub his rookie year, TJ Yates, Case Keenum, Mallet, Hoyer, Savage, Weeden.

If that were the only reason he was considered the best, sure.

Not to take away from Hopkins since he's easily top 3-5 in the league.

Having watched it live, it's amazing how terrible we really are, I'd say worst in the league.

Definitely. This team has flashes of being something pretty good, but 95% of the time they're just throwing out garbage. I don't think there's any team that's overall worse, or at least currently worse, than Miami right now.

jakncoke

Banned
Its a shame NFL has a cap so have to make tough decisions instead of keeping all our good players and giving Brown a new 60+ deal and Bryant a 30 deal and Bell a 40 deal..ect

Its a shame NFL has a cap so have to make tough decisions instead of keeping all our good players and giving Brown a new 60+ deal and Bryant a 30 deal and Bell a 40 deal..ect

You don't want that. No salary cap and the smaller teams like the Steelers and Packers can't compete with Jerry World and all the coke you can snort and hookers you can bang.

I'm sorry you paid money to witness that. :(

Do you think there is any hope for the future?

No I had a great time! I already expect them to play bad going in but just being at a game among so many dolphin fans was awesome (and there was tons) and I bought a dolphins poncho so it's all good! As for the team....I have no idea...I mean Ross is still the owner so no? Maybe if he moves to Miami finally? If they honestly try for a veteran HC that's done it before I suppose they have a chance but this team needs a lot of help, a whole new defense and a coordinator that knows how to use them, whole new Oline and an OC that will use Tannehills strengths and put our players in position to succeed....I mean is that too much to ask!?
yes
I agree with you and Armando...we're a bad team and we're going to stay bad for a while.

Spinluck

So according to Kent Sterling of 1430 CBS Sports, Jimmy Irsay had a sit down dinner with Bill Cowher this morning.

It's happening friends

Bread

Banned
So according to Kent Sterling of 1430 CBS Sports, Jimmy Irsay had a sit down dinner with Bill Cowher this morning.

It's happening friends
Sucks that the Colts are going to waste luck's career, friend.

Boban can you advance? I think there's scouting super bowl week

harSon

Banned
Would you give Brown a new deal this offseason?

As much as I love the guy, I'm not sure that I would. We've shown a ridiculous ability to draft receivers in the middle of the draft. Even Wheaton is playing like a grown ass man as of late.

We've drafted the following in the last 5 drafts:

Mike Wallace
Antonio Brown
Emmanuel Sanders
Martavis Bryant
Marcus Wheaton

That's 3 3rd rounders, 1 4th rounder and a 6th rounder. Absolutely ridiculous return.

As much as I love the guy, I'm not sure that I would. We've shown a ridiculous ability to draft receivers in the middle of the draft. Even Wheaton is playing like a grown ass man as of late.

We've drafted the following in the last 5 drafts:

Mike Wallace
Antonio Brown
Emmanuel Sanders
Martavis Bryant
Marcus Wheaton

That's 3 3rd rounders, 1 4th rounder and a 6th rounder. Absolutely ridiculous return.

While you're right, gotta keep it in perspective:

Wallace and Bryant (so far) are one trick ponies.
Sanders had talent but underperformed in a Steelers jersey
Markus Wheaton is only just now coming on. Incomplete, need more info.

This is more selfish, but Brown also has a unique opportunity to have a hall of fame caliber career. Do you piss off guys like that?

No I had a great time! I already expect them to play bad going in but just being at a game among so many dolphin fans was awesome (and there was tons) and I bought a dolphins poncho so it's all good! As for the team....I have no idea...I mean Ross is still the owner so no? Maybe if he moves to Miami finally? If they honestly try for a veteran HC that's done it before I suppose they have a chance but this team needs a lot of help, a whole new defense and a coordinator that knows how to use them, whole new Oline and an OC that will use Tannehills strengths and put our players in position to succeed....I mean is that too much to ask!?
yes
I agree with you and Armando...we're a bad team and we're going to stay bad for a while.
I'm glad to hear you were able to get some enjoyment out of it at least! Misery loves company so I suppose it makes sense.

I remember being so excited about the Dolphins when Tannehill was drafted and Philbin was brought in. So much young potential and it just felt like the arrow was pointing up. Now it's the complete opposite.

Top Bottom