• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 15 |OT| - A Fraud’s Misses

Last week

Taking a cue from secondary coach Steve Wilks, who on Saturday night unveiled a black baseball bat juiced with motivational cork, cornerback Bene Benwikere emerged from the tunnel with the bat in his hand before Sunday's game. Starting with a 44-yard run by Jonathan Stewart on the third play, and continuing with Newton’s long touchdown passes to Ted Ginn Jr. on the next two possessions, the Panthers had put up a crooked number with their big swings.

Hindl

Shit that's awful about Mathieu. Shady too but he just has a sprain. Mathieu was amazing this season

The fuck caused Panthers Giants to get so crazy

eznark

Banned
Since since is now the WWE and props are allowed, the Packers need to start sending Janis with the Paul Bunyan ax over to the opposing sides warmups.

I am going to be honest, because its the Panthers I really don't give a fuck.

Yeah, it still in no way excuses ODB being the aggressor. Holding something's strange, but this is obviously already being made a bigger deal of than it should be. Unless one of them says "I do it to intimidate opposing players", this is less than nothing

eznark

Banned
Yeah, it still in no way excuses ODB being the aggressor. Holding something's strange, but this is obviously already being made a bigger deal of than it should be. Unless one of them says "I do it to intimidate opposing players", this is less than nothing

The video of the idiot walking over to the Giants as they run onto the field is pretty damning. Not like he accidentally happened to be there or had any reason to be there.

MechDX

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer 9m9 minutes ago
Video: One of reasons sources say OBJ went ballistic was threat from Panthers player in street… https://www.instagram.com/p/_kOA3pzezC/

Well....there you go

Fox318

Since since is now the WWE and props are allowed, the Packers need to start sending Janis with the Paul Bunyan ax over to the opposing sides warmups.

mWh810g.jpg

squicken

Pats circumvent the salary cap w/ Brady's PED colonic salon. Panthers carry around weapons to threaten opponents. All playoff teams have *

Bowser

Lol gtfo with this batgate bullshit. Panthers started it last week vs Atlanta to emphasize "bringing the wood" and a "home run mentality". Bene Benwikere had the bat pregame last week and then he broke his leg, so the players did it again this week in honor of their fallen teammate.

Bene on 12/14/15:

"We coming out early swinging the bat and we set the tempo of the game from the start to finish" - Bene http://twitter.com/CarolinaHuddle/status/679025801464016896/photo/1

eznark

Banned
Lol gtfo with this batgate bullshit. Panthers started it last week vs Atlanta to emphasize "bringing the wood" and a "home run mentality". Bene Benwikere had the bat pregame last week and then he broke his leg, so the players did it again this week in honor of their fallen teammate.

Bene on 12/14/15:

"We coming out early swinging the bat and we set the tempo of the game from the start to finish" - Bene http://twitter.com/CarolinaHuddle/status/679025801464016896/photo/1

What does any of that have to do with him walking over to the Giants side twirling the bat?

Deion Sanders just said that Norman said something along the lines of "I'm going to end your career today" to Odell

It worked. The image of Odell as a saint who would never harm a fly pretty emphatically ended yesterday, between 3 personal fouls, throwing punches, and helmet-to-helmeting.

I'm sorry, this just really seems like stretching in vain attempts to not get the city's biggest player suspended or fined at a crucial time. He's no victim here. The bat was a thing last week and nobody complained

WTF a bat on the field?

What in the actual fuck indeed. It doesn't excuse Odell's behavior but that's crazy.

Bene on 12/14/15:

So going to the opposing teams sideline or as the team is running out of its tunnel with it is "fine"? Again, Odell deserves a suspension but come on. You want to have bats? Keep the shit on your sideline or maybe just in the locker room?

MechDX

It worked. The image of Odell as a saint who would never harm a fly pretty emphatically ended yesterday, between 3 personal fouls, throwing punches, and helmet-to-helmeting.

I'm sorry, this just really seems like stretching in vain attempts to not get the city's biggest player suspended or fined at a crucial time. He's no victim here. The bat was a thing last week and nobody complained

Did the walk towards the opposing team last week swinging a bat??

Bread

Banned

Bene on 12/14/15:

honor him by threatening the other team with a bat, we get it!

eznark

Banned

I think the two are totally separate issues, personally.

Should Jack Del Rio's teams be allowed to march up to opponents twirling his stupid ax and start fights?

Bowser

What does any of that have to do with him walking over to the Giants side twirling the bat?

Yeah, it really looked menacing like he was walking over to go club Beckham and the Giants over the head in that video. Cut me a fucking break. Sounds like desperate flailing by the Giants to make excuses for Beckham's actions.

Like anyone thought someone was gonna come over and just start swinging the bat at players...much ado about absolutely nothing.

Did the walk towards the opposing team last week swinging a bat??

The bat was swung onfield by a player or two last week. Metaphorically hitting it out of the park. And yes, he was walking on-field with it. No fights or anything happened last week, nor was anyone viciously attacked, punched, or attempted concussed. Not even rumors of anything said. Seems like the biggest of stretches to defend a golden boy

eznark

Banned
I desperately want the Falcons to walk out onto the field on Sunday with a bunch of medieval weaponry now.

Or maybe they should all carry laptops and pile them up at Newton's feet. Let's get this prop game to new and interesting heights before it is banned.

Next thing, someone's gonna be like "OMG IT WAS A BLACK BAT"

Or "he said something about my hair, I was justified trying to cripple him on-field"

Bene on 12/14/15:

You finally made it, bro. Conspiracy theories surrounding your team are happening. Congrats. :')

Gigglepoo

So Odell saw a few Panthers with bats in the pre-game warmup, and then three hours later, he blindsided Norman with a cheapshot to his head. Totally understandable.

Bowser

Pro Football Talk @ProFootballTalk
Panthers source on the black bat issue: "Giants trying to distract from Beckham antics."

A-yup

eznark

Banned
Pro Football Talk @ProFootballTalk
Panthers source on the black bat issue: "Giants trying to distract from Beckham antics."

A-yup

At some point will they explain why the practice squad player was walking in the middle of the Giants coming onto the field, or will they keep pretending that is a totally normal thing that happens every game?

Draxal

What, he had this rep for a while, the Buffalo game this year/ ST louis last year.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Panthers fans already using the "justification" that the bats metaphor is nothing new, that the Saints were doing it 5 years ago... not sure you want to use those Saints teams as your defense.

Top Bottom