• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 15 |OT| - A Fraud’s Misses

Get the fuck out of here with that bat nonsense, as if Beckham or any of the Giants honestly thought that they were going to get a bat upside the head.

brentech

I'm more surprised stadiums are allowing players/teams to bring in bats or objects unrelated to football. Other than a method to taunt, I think it's irrelevant for the most part, but outside of football equipment, players shouldn't be bringing anything into the stadium like that. That type of thing will just escalate over time.

At some point will they explain why the practice squad player was walking in the middle of the Giants coming onto the field, or will they keep pretending that is a totally normal thing that happens every game?
You're acting like such a twat considering how often you are on the side of, "stuff isn't a big deal." Cam is having a successful season dude, just get over it.

jakncoke

Banned
Panthers fans already using the "justification" that the bats metaphor is nothing new, that the Saints were doing it 5 years ago... not sure you want to use those Saints teams as your defense.

haha yep the panthers fan i know is using that argument and he is saying this is a non story fabricated towards the panthers hue

MechDX

usa-today-8787205.0.jpg

He looks like Russell!!

faints...

I want the Browns to be successful. The AFC North is far and away the most interesting division in football year in and year and and it's garbage that the three solid franchises get 2 cake walks every year. It's time to rise up.

If I am Cleveland I think I get bold. I give Ben McAdoo, Darrell Bevell or Hue Jackson (less sold on Hue) a 6 year deal with a huge termination penalty. Bring in a GM candidate who has worked in a respected organization for many years (a Reggie McKenzie clone) and give him a 10 year deal with the same termination penalty. FORCE yourself to develop a plan and stick to it. Use the Raiders as your blueprint.

If it doesn't work you are still Cleveland. If it does work you have built an organization.

It's sort of what they tried to do with Holmgren, but I never got the sense that his heart was in it. Don't go for retreads, don't go for college guys. Hire people at a tipping point in their careers with everything to prove.

This is perfect.. But they won't do it for reasons (don't ask me what they are).

squicken

In 2013 when the Rams played the Pantehrs, there was a read option play where Robert Quinn near took the handoff and tackled Cam right after he gave the ball to the back. The Panthers thought it was cheap and one of their OLs went after Quinn. It wasn't cheap; Quinn literally almost took the handoff and had no way to know the ball was going to be handed off

After that, the whole game was chippy. Same as yesterday no calls on anything. Finally there's a big scrum and Chris Long gets ejected. Upon hearing this, Cam circles the stadium and does the Hulk Hogan ear thing to each corner of the field. b/c his team baited Chris Long into a fight. Their shtick is the wrestling stuff and has been since Rivera took over. He's just better at hiding his nature than Fisher and Williams, but he's just as dirty

Bowser

At some point will they explain why the practice squad player was walking in the middle of the Giants coming onto the field, or will they keep pretending that is a totally normal thing that happens every game?

And I'm telling you watch the video, it's fucking nothing. He's just walking out to midfield and casually holding the bat. He's not running up and pointing the bat and swinging it at players running by. He's not even THAT close to the guys.

It's the Giants whining like bitches. Yeah, Panthers players have bats pregame, go up 35-7, then Beckham's like "oh shit, these guys threatened me, lemme go spear this guy in the head"? Right, ok.

MechDX

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 32m32 minutes ago
B.J. Daniels, signed to Texans roster off Seattle practice squad, contacted in middle of the night Texans wanted him badly, Seahawks unhappy

BOB got the Hawks all hot n bothered.
NFLTradeRumors.co ‏@nfltrade_rumors 12s12 seconds ago
Titans QB Marcus Mariota Likely Done For Year With MCL Sprain http://bit.ly/1MpXQy0
#Titans #NFL

Zach unleashed!!

Draxal

Panthers aren't going to bring baseball bats onto a field before a game now, if you want to talk about having violence image problems bringing baseball bats to a game is an easy target.

Bowser

In 2013 when the Rams played the Pantehrs, there was a read option play where Robert Quinn near took the handoff and tackled Cam right after he gave the ball to the back. The Panthers thought it was cheap and one of their OLs went after Quinn. It wasn't cheap; Quinn literally almost took the handoff and had no way to know the ball was going to be handed off

After that, the whole game was chippy. Same as yesterday no calls on anything. Finally there's a big scrum and Chris Long gets ejected. Upon hearing this, Cam circles the stadium and does the Hulk Hogan ear thing to each corner of the field. b/c his team baited Chris Long into a fight. Their shtick is the wrestling stuff and has been since Rivera took over. He's just better at hiding his nature than Fisher and Williams, but he's just as dirty

:jnc you've been a Cam hater for years, love how now you're spreading it to the whole team. Always know to discount your posts when it comes Cam or the Panthers.

If Odell could have kept his cool, he could have had more TD's, it's clear Norman knew he couldn't stay with Odell, so he won the battle with mental games since physically can't match Odell..

Edit: Odell has some growing up to do, he needs to learn how to ignore every thing else and let his play do the talking on the field..

squicken

:jnc you've been a Cam hater for years, love how now you're spreading it to the whole team. Always know to discount your posts when it comes Cam or the Panthers.

You're going to have trouble finding any posts from this year with me saying he was bad. Other than the Philly game. When he was bad

e: Seems like I have insulted Cam Erving and Cam Cameron quite a bit so maybe I am projecting?

eznark

Banned
You're acting like such a twat considering how often you are on the side of, "stuff isn't a big deal." Cam is having a successful season dude, just get over it.

Yeah I'm really struggling with it after a bunch of posts yesterday about how great he looked in the pocket and my post this morning detailing how impressed I was with him on one specific drive to end the half. It's really bother me that Newton is maturing as a QB.

It's weird to me though that you think that guy with the bat was Cam. Do all .... Panthers look the same to you?

Also, am I making it a big deal? I'm looking for an explanation for one guy (he isn't Cam by the way you dumb racist) doing something stupid pregame.

And I'm telling you watch the video, it's fucking nothing. He's just walking out to midfield and casually holding the bat. He's not running up and pointing the bat and swinging it at players running by. He's not even THAT close to the guys.

It's the Giants whining like bitches. Yeah, Panthers players have bats pregame, go up 35-7, then Beckham's like "oh shit, these guys threatened me, lemme go spear this guy in the head"? Right, ok.

It's possible it's a trick of the camera but it certainly looks like the dude is going out of his way to approach the Giants with a bat. I don't get what he hopes to gain by doing so if not some junior high level of intimidation.

LJ11

PR war between the Giants/Panthers and the Giants are leaking stuff that looks bad for you guys.

Imho, they're trying to prevent Beckham from getting suspended, and the Panthers will not bring bats to the fields anymore.

Pretty much. It's so easy to manipulate the media, especially NFL guys, thirsty as fuck.

Bowser

You're going to have trouble finding any posts from this year with me saying he was bad. Other than the Philly game. When he was bad

Didn't say you posted that Cam was bad this year. I said you're a Cam hater. As in you do not like Cam personally.

Yeah I'm really struggling with it after a bunch of posts yesterday about how great he looked in the pocket and my post this morning detailing how impressed I was with him on one specific drive to end the half. It's really bother me that Newton is maturing as a QB.

It's weird to me though that you think that guy with the bat was Cam. Do all .... Panthers look the same to you?

Also, am I making it a big deal? I'm looking for an explanation for one guy (he isn't Cam by the way you dumb racist) doing something stupid pregame.

It's possible it's a trick of the camera but it certainly looks like the dude is going out of his way to approach the Giants with a bat. I don't get what he hopes to gain by doing so if not some junior high level of intimidation.

Consider that 1) Odell was the only one who had a problem with it, 2) he was far enough away and not "scary" enough that every single person coming out didn't even turn to look at him, and 3) Eli Fucking Manning didn't feel or look shook up by it

Like, really. 3's most damning. Yall overreacting to something more than Eli Manning.

Here's where I'd post one of his aww come on reactions to throwing picks or whatever, but no, I have more respect for him now because of stuff like this, and stuff like this:

Ze6V83b.gif

eznark

Banned
Consider that 1) Odell was the only one who had a problem with it, 2) he was far enough away and not "scary" enough that every single person coming out didn't even turn to look at him, and 3) Eli Fucking Manning didn't feel or look shook up by it

Like, really. 3's most damning. Yall overreacting to something more than Eli Manning.

Here's where I'd post one of his aww come on reactions to throwing picks or whatever, but no, I have more respect for him now because of stuff like this, and stuff like this:

Ze6V83b.gif

You're missing the point. I don't care if no one reacted. Why was it occurring?

Heh, like you're fooling anyone pretending to be happy about Cam developing.

When did I say the guy with the bat was Cam? My point is you will look for any reason to hate on the Panthers BECAUSE you don't like seeing Cam succeed, no matter how hard you try to make it look otherwise. I'm on to you.

Ze6V83b.gif

Eli has been a pro from day 1, Odell has shown he can't keep his emotion in check since rookie year, get in his head and he's beaten..

Top Bottom