• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 15 |OT| - A Fraud’s Misses

Bowser

I believe Beckham and the Giants being threatened by bats pregame about as much as I believe this from Coughlin:

Coughlin said he ultimately chose not to pull Beckham because he wanted the wideout out there to help the Giants win the game. He didn’t deviate from that point during a Monday conference call and added that he “wasn’t aware” that Beckham was the player continually drawing flags for his recklessness on the field.

Coughlin says he wasn't aware of Beckham penalties

yeahoksure.gif

Godslay

Banned
Yup. Whole league knows you can get into Beckham's head with cheap scare tactics now.

I think both points are valid.

Beckham let them get in his head, and that Norman couldn't really contain him forever either. If Beckham had kept that in check, he probably would have shit on Norman even worse than he did.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Was it illegal when the patriots threw the tea into Boston harbor?

Yes

4tx4RId.jpg

Draxal

Heh, like you're fooling anyone pretending to be happy about Cam developing.

When did I say the guy with the bat was Cam? My point is you will look for any reason to hate on the Panthers BECAUSE you don't like seeing Cam succeed, no matter how hard you try to make it look otherwise. I'm on to you.

Well Cam did try to choke out Norman before the season started.

Line_HTX

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 1m1 minute ago

If Texans and Colts win, Texans secure division title based on strength of victory if Cincinnati beats Denver Monday night.

Strength of Victory sounds like a nice way to win. Wienke Dalton beating the Brockening will be nice.

;P

kmag

If Odell could have kept his cool, he could have had more TD's, it's clear Norman knew he couldn't stay with Odell, so he won the battle with mental games since physically can't match Odell..

Edit: Odell has some growing up to do, he needs to learn how to ignore every thing else and let his play do the talking on the field..

He did slam Beckham to the deck the play after the Beckham drop which was the first thing which set things off.

The play immediately after Beckham's drop

josh-norman-body-slams-odell-beckham-jr.gif

There was also a punch before Beckham completely lost it.

Fair play to Norman, Beckham can't handle the chippy teams and Carolina worked that out. He's lost it before against the Bills and St Louis who are very chippy (although in St Louis he had real reason to be upset). Of course in those games he managed to keep his focus on the game and completely failed to do so yesterday. Norman made Beckham take himself out of the game for nearly 3 quarters, he barely ran a route in that entire team.

None of it excuses the cheap shot

eznark

Banned

When did I say the guy with the bat was Cam? My point is you will look for any reason to hate on the Panthers BECAUSE you don't like seeing Cam succeed, no matter how hard you try to make it look otherwise. I'm on to you.

ThoseSelfassuredCougar.gif

I'm not happy sad or otherwise. He isn't the Packers QB so why the fuck do I care? Some of you guys act like these dudes are your best friends. When I am watching a team and a player on that team does something noteworthy I'll say "hey that was good/bad/otherwise" When Cam looks like shit I say he looks like shit. He looked like shit quite a bit the first half of this season. Unlike Fraudgers, he has improved as the year went one. I don't take the professional development of athletes (or anyone else that isn't a direct report) personally.

But you got me. I can't sleep because some random dude I'll never meet is having an MVP caliber season. Oh also I'm racist because I'd vote for Wilson over him.

brentech

I don't think read posts. You're projecting.

You're missing the point. I don't care if no one reacted. Why was it occurring?

Why was what occurring?

Him walking around? Humans need to walk around.
On the field? He couldn't play, and players like to be on-field regardless to soak up in that atmosphere. Why was RG3 on the field earlier this season in an empty stadium when he's not playing all year?
Him holding a bat? Already mentioned numerous times, been done weeks now, home run mentality, guy who started got hurt, yesterday's was in honor, try to keep up

I'm not happy sad or otherwise. He isn't the Packers QB so why the fuck do I care? Some of you guys act like these dudes are your best friends. When I am watching a team and a player on that team does something noteworthy I'll say "hey that was good/bad/otherwise" When Cam looks like shit I say he looks like shit. He looked like shit quite a bit the first half of this season. Unlike Fraudgers, he has improved as the year went one. I don't take the professional development of athletes (or anyone else that isn't a direct report) personally.

But you got me. I can't sleep because some random dude I'll never meet is having an MVP caliber season. Oh also I'm racist because I'd vote for Wilson over him.
I think your posts in the past have shown that you dislike Cam Newton beyond his play on the field.

I don't think read posts. You're projecting.
Huh?

Line_HTX

Consider that 1) Odell was the only one who had a problem with it, 2) he was far enough away and not "scary" enough that every single person coming out didn't even turn to look at him, and 3) Eli Fucking Manning didn't feel or look shook up by it

Like, really. 3's most damning. Yall overreacting to something more than Eli Manning.

Here's where I'd post one of his aww come on reactions to throwing picks or whatever, but no, I have more respect for him now because of stuff like this, and stuff like this:

Ze6V83b.gif

Eli's past accomplishments mean nothing, yo.

*Eli's serious face gif

He did slam Beckham to the deck the play after the Beckham drop which was the first thing which set things off.

The play immediately after Beckham's drop

josh-norman-body-slams-odell-beckham-jr.gif

There was also a punch before Beckham completely lost it.

Fair play to Norman, Beckham can't handle the chippy teams and Carolina worked that out. He's lost it before against the Bills and St Louis who are very chippy (although in St Louis he had real reason to be upset). Of course in those games he managed to keep his focus on the game and completely failed to do so yesterday. Norman made Beckham take himself out of the game for nearly 3 quarters, he barely ran a route in that entire team.

None of it excuses the cheap shot

He's gotta keep his kool, more teams will do this to him, he keeps this up his endorsements will dry up, so will his NFL career..

eznark

Banned
Why was what occurring?

On the field? He couldn't play, and players like to be on-field regardless to soak up in that atmosphere. Why was RG3 on the field earlier this season in an empty stadium when he's not playing all year?
Him holding a bat? Already mentioned numerous times, been done weeks now, home run mentality, guy who started got hurt, yesterday's was in honor, try to keep up

Thanks! Intentionally obtuse is a thing my three year old does. Was kinda missing him today!

I think your posts in the past have shown that you dislike Cam Newton beyond his play on the field.

Actually you are right. I do rip him for that stupid furry tail.

Draxal

Damn, McCarthy styling the donut hole combover.

Fixed.

Honestly, he's safe, the owners realize you can't win games with Unga and Dahl starting.

Mike Garafolo, the former beat writer for the Giants basically stated that the owners think it's a miracle that they don't give up 50 points a game with this roster.

kmag

Why was what occurring?

Ralph Vacchiano þ@RVacchianoNYDN 20s21 seconds ago
The video I re-Tweeted of a bat-wielding Josh Norman was taken right in front of the Giants bench, not on the Panthers sidelines.

Ok

Bat thing is a stupid prop, doesn't make any sense, also weird to have a practice squad guy walking around with a bat on the field and then handing it to Josh Norman (https://www.instagram.com/p/_kOA3pzezC/).

But that said, the only player to actually try to hurt someone in the game yesterday -- illegally -- was Odell Beckham Jr. He should be suspended for it.

PzFCBVv.gif

Godslay

Banned
David Bruton fractured his fibula in the 15th play of the game. Played the remainder of the game. Tough bastard, too bad Vernon Davis couldn't have those guts.

Line_HTX

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 4m4 minutes ago

It's noted to O'Brien he got teary-eyed after the game talking to his team. "No I didn't," he said. "There wasn't one tear." #Texans

Need a second opinion, Dega.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 4m4 minutes ago

It's noted to O'Brien he got teary-eyed after the game talking to his team. "No I didn't," he said. "There wasn't one tear." #Texans

Need a second opinion, Dega.

He almost did but regained his composure after he redirected everyone's attention to the microphones.

Top Bottom