• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 15 |OT| - A Fraud’s Misses

Tablets are fun. I'm sure it was tough to understand the the meaning behind it though.
The point still stands. You're projecting what you believe he thinks about Cam into a statement he made that had absolutely nothing to do with Cam, at all.
I'm not trying to be a dick I legitimately didn't understand what you were saying. I wasn't sure if "think read" was some internet slang term I wasn't aware of. Apologies. Maybe next time you can look for the typo before throwing insults around.

Maybe you're right but I feel like ez has had a very negative slant on the Panthers all season long, specifically Cam. I'm not just talking about their play on the field, either. Today's posts don't exist in a vacuum.

eznark

Banned
chip-kelly-nuclear.jpg

jnc of course nobody says anything about guy holding non-black bat

the threat (to miss playoffs)...is here

Chip burned all his black bats.

squicken

Kiko is definitely afraid of reinjuring that knee. He's playing so timidly. Hopefully he gets over it in the offseason. Right now though between him and Kendricks it's hard to say who's worse

The biggest problem, to me, is that there are very clear instances of Kiko, Maxwell and Murray all avoiding contact in pretty pathetic ways. His past few offseasons have been about getting guys out of the building who don't buy in, and the three biggest deals brought in guys making business decisions instead of trying to win games

That Johnson TD run was a joke. None of the defenders wanted a piece of him. Too many guys going for the strip, which is play acting football

brentech

I'm not trying to be a dick I legitimately didn't understand what you were saying. I wasn't sure if "think read" was some internet slang term I wasn't aware of. Apologies.

Maybe you're right but I feel like ez has had a very negative slant on the Panthers all season long, specifically Cam. I'm not just talking about their play on the field, either. Today's posts don't exist in a vacuum.

To my memory, he's been hard on Cam for missing easy passes that would put teams away. Against the Packers and numerous other games, he's had very open receivers and missed in pretty terrible fashion allowing teams to get extra possessions and make a game of it.
I really can't remember him saying anything worse about his play this year.

Hindl

https://phalsephillysports.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/chip-kelly-nuclear.jpg/img]

jnc of course nobody says anything about guy holding non-black bat

the threat (to miss playoffs)...is here[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hyRwDO1.png

Threatening black players with it no less!

The biggest problem, to me, is that there are very clear instances of Kiko, Maxwell and Murray all avoiding contact in pretty pathetic ways. His past few offseasons have been about getting guys out of the building who don't buy in, and the three biggest deals brought in guys making business decisions instead of trying to win games

That Johnson TD run was a joke. None of the defenders wanted a piece of him. Too many guys going for the strip, which is play acting football

I kinda expected it with Maxwell, I expected him to be a cover guy and not exactly physical. Kiko and especially Murray is inexcusable though. That strip is Billy D's defense though, get that guy the fuck out then we can critique the players more

Bowser

For whoever wanted the Panthers to go on record:

Panthers communications director Steven Drummond said: "absolutely nothing happened on the sideline. I was there. No one was threatened...

Drummond went on to say: "no one was threatened with a bat. It didn't happen. It's a diversionary tactic and a good one at that."

Respect

hyRwDO1.png

Threatening black players with it no less!

I kinda expected it with Maxwell, I expected him to be a cover guy and not exactly physical. Kiko and especially Murray is inexcusable though. That strip is Billy D's defense though, get that guy the fuck out then we can critique the players more

Kinky.

eznark

Banned
To my memory, he's been hard on Cam for missing easy passes that would put teams away. Against the Packers and numerous other games, he's had very open receivers and missed in pretty terrible fashion allowing teams to get extra possessions and make a game of it.

Don't honestly recall having a criticism of the Panthers since the Seahawks win.

Well it's your memory vs. my memory because I don't feel like digging through ez's post history.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

jakncoke

Banned
For whoever wanted the Panthers to go on record:

Panthers communications director Steven Drummond said: "absolutely nothing happened on the sideline. I was there. No one was threatened...

Drummond went on to say: "no one was threatened with a bat. It didn't happen. It's a diversionary tactic and a good one at that."

"If we chose it didnt exist and then therefore it didnt happen ok. Look we're 14-0 and look at Cams hillary clinton slippers with extra diamonds. "

look deep into the light...

God I hope Chip sends one of his practice squad guys out there with a Jake the Snake costume and rubber snake.
This made me laugh more than it should have.

My view is this:

1. Odell should be suspended.
2. Panthers can have all of the bats they want in the locker room or for whatever ritual they want but I have no clue why they hell it needs to be on the field pre or post game. General view for any team, really. Including the Giants.

this is a good tweet ‏@KennethArthuRS 15m15 minutes ago
Russell Wilson on pace for 4th-ever season of a QB having 4,000 yards, 30 TD, 68% completions, fewer than 10 interceptions.
others were Tom Brady (2007, MVP), Aaron Rodgers (2011, MVP), and Brett Favre (2009)

But Cam is the MVP and there's no statistical argument to be made otherwise am I right?

squicken

Joey Harrington on his NFL career

https://thecauldron.si.com/despite-...-career-was-a-success-179aeca1b1e7#.a0o22vv8e

In 2002, the Detroit Lions selected me at No. 3 overall. The four years I spent there absolutely crushed me. By the time I left, I was a shell of the player I once was. Here’s an example of how broken things were by the end.

I remember walking into the office of then head coach Steve Mariucci and telling him, “I need you to give me permission to throw the ball down the field.” I’d never felt so down. At that point, I was just searching — grasping — for some kind of support.

“Why do you need permission?” he asked.

“I’m afraid to make a mistake,” I said. “You tell me every day, if it’s close, check it down … and I’ve gotten into a rhythm where all I do is check it down, and I’m afraid to throw it down the field.”

He got up, went to his closet, grabbed a toothbrush, and started brushing his teeth. Then he walked towards the door, and said, “I have to go do some interviews. I’ll be back. If you want to come back later, we can talk.”

He just left.

That was at the very end, when things had all but collapsed around me. Mariucci was a good guy who was trying to save his job, but when one of my teammates went out and said I was the reason our coach got fired, it created a situation where I just imploded mentally. I couldn’t handle it.

This wasn’t football. This wasn’t team. This wasn’t fun.

Through the gentle nudging of general manager Matt Millen — who was, in my opinion, one of the only stand-up guys in that organization — I spent a lot of time with a sports psychologist, trying to figure out how to get my confidence back. In the NFL (and especially at the quarterback position), if you don’t have confidence, you’re done.

Cool read

eznark

Banned
This made me laugh more than it should have.

My view is this:

1. Odell should be suspended.
2. Panthers can have all of the bats they want on the locker room or for whatever ritual they want but I have no clue why they hell it needs to be on the field pre or post game. General view for any team, really. Including the Giants.

Seems logical and not even a little bit controversial.

But Cam is the MVP and there's no statistical argument to be made otherwise am I right?

Russ gets my vote!

Line_HTX

FOX Sports: NFL ‏@NFLonFOX 10m10 minutes ago

#Betcha didn’t know there's only been one QB from the state of Texas to win the Super Bowl.

Please come home.

Top Bottom