• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 15 |OT| - A Fraud’s Misses

LJ11

But Cam is the MVP and there's no statistical argument to be made otherwise am I right?

I was going to necro bump the contract thread yesterday evening, I'm waiting until after he chips up once more, please allow me that honor. Made by a Seahawks fan no less, can't blame the dude, he's been watching football for 2 years, has no clue.

Draxal

This made me laugh more than it should have.

My view is this:

1. Odell should be suspended.
2. Panthers can have all of the bats they want in the locker room or for whatever ritual they want but I have no clue why they hell it needs to be on the field pre or post game. General view for any team, really. Including the Giants.

Bingo.

Alright guys, here are some pics I took.

Here is Tannehill throwing a Pass
hKbXClY.jpg

Here is Wake

Here is a cool panoramic shot I got

Here are the football gods checking in on us

And of course here are the cheerleaders while a dude was getting arrested at the end of the game

eznark

Banned
I keep going back and forth between Wilson and Cam, but Russ is really making a push.

I think they've had impressive seasons but the Seahawks are a much more flawed team so I'll go with Russell. Also because I CANNOT IMAGINE WHAT I WOULD DO IF THIS MAN I WILL NEVER MEET WINS A MEANINGLESS INDIVIDUAL AWARD JUST THE THOUGHT OF IT OH MY GOD THE RAGE THE RAGE THE RAGE

MechDX

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 25s26 seconds ago
Andrew Luck will not play in Week 16 against Miami, per head coach Chuck Pagano

Just shut him down

Bowser

Cam Newton is the unquestioned best player on an undefeated team with great numbers and there are still folks looking for ways to give other guys the MVP.

Line_HTX

I think they've had impressive seasons but the Seahawks are a much more flawed team so I'll go with Russell. Also because I CANNOT IMAGINE WHAT I WOULD DO IF THIS MAN I WILL NEVER MEET WINS A MEANINGLESS INDIVIDUAL AWARD JUST THE THOUGHT OF IT OH MY GOD THE RAGE THE RAGE THE RAGE

Fuck Sissy. He's not getting the award.

And fuck Tom also.

But Cam is the MVP and there's no statistical argument to be made otherwise am I right?

Russel is having a top 5 year. Cam is having a top 1 year.

Only way I see Newton losing the MVP vote is if the Panthers go 1 and done in the playoffs which I don't see happening. MVP Voting doesn't officially take playoffs into account, but if Brady or Palmer lead their teams to the Super Bowl, and the Panthers somehow lose their first game, then that's the only reasonable argument against Cam for MVP IMO.

But I think Brady and Palmer are in the hunt.

You'll probably come here and bitch about him just like usual.

15th best QB's got this.

Crisco

Banned
I don't understand where all this "Panther's must sit their starters" talk is coming from. We haven't even clinched the #1 seed yet and the Cardinals play after us next Sunday. If we beat Atlanta (or the Cardinals lose to the Packers) then sitting our starters in the final game becomes a serious consideration.

eznark

Banned

Only way I see Newton losing the MVP vote is if the Panthers go 1 and done in the playoffs which I don't see happening. MVP Voting doesn't officially take playoffs into account, but if Brady or Palmer lead their teams to the Super Bowl, and the Panthers somehow lose their first game, then that's the only reasonable argument against Cam for MVP IMO.

Pretty sure all the votes are due before the playoffs start.

Bowser

thatsnothowanyofthisworks.gif:

The AP NFL MVP award is voted upon by sportswriters at the end of the regular season, before the playoffs, though the results are not announced to the public until the day before the Super Bowl.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_Most_Valuable_Player_Award

I don't understand where all this "Panther's must sit their starters" talk is coming from. We haven't even clinched the #1 seed yet and the Cardinals play after us next Sunday. If we beat Atlanta (or the Cardinals lose to the Packers) then sitting our starters in the final game becomes a serious consideration.

They could put the Georgia Bulldogs out there and beat the Falcons.

Alright guys, here are some pics I took.

Here is Tannehill throwing a Pass

Here is Wake

Here is a cool panoramic shot I got

Here are the football gods checking in on us

And of course here are the cheerleaders while a dude was getting arrested at the end of the game

It's horrible getting into the stadium right? But overall how was it?

cdyhybrid

Yeah, so? Cam has a whole list of history making statistics to his name this season, besides all his clutch play saving the Panther's undefeated streak.
Russell doesn't have the luxury of practice squad goons going Tonya Harding on the opposing team's star players before the game.

Derek Anderson could blow both the Falcons and Bucs out

squicken

This Harrington thing is fascinating

As for Saban, he and I actually had a really good relationship. Many people think of him as a little dictator, but we got along really well. He could be honest with me, and I would listen. After four years of having something said to my face and different things said behind closed doors, all I wanted was a coach who told me where I stood. Nick gave that to me.

Part of me thinks that had Nick stayed in Miami, and not left for Alabama, I’d have stayed there as well. There was a sense of stability about Saban’s stint in Miami. In another life, it might’ve been the place where I really regained my football footing. Sadly, this one had other ideas.

----

That team had a head coach, Bobby Petrino, who was so ill-equipped to coach an NFL team, it was laughable. If anybody challenged him, or suggested something different, the person was cast away. It was an unhealthy environment from the get-go, and it wouldn’t get any better.

In defense of Brady for MVP...

Rushing Leaders by team:
2. Seattle
3. Carolina
6. Arizona
27. New England

New England is the only team below 1300 yards rushing that's most likely in the playoffs. There are only 2 teams below 1400 yards that are in the playoffs if the season ends today, Denver (#18) and Washington (#20), and neither of them are really locks.

But, still, I think it goes to Newton. A sizeable chunk of Carolina's rushing yardage comes from Newton, and more even comes from his ability to scramble so defenses have to spy him and open up one less defender to cover the RB.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Giants get SNF

League suspends Beckham one game.

Can a game be unflexed?

Say what you guys want about OBJ, but he and Eli were the only two guys not sleep walking through the whole game. (And the offensive line but I wanted to exaggerate for my point).

Can't wait for Vikings with no AP vs Giants with no OBJ.

cdyhybrid

In defense of Brady for MVP...

Rushing Leaders by team:
2. Seattle
3. Carolina
6. Arizona
27. New England

New England is the only team below 1300 yards rushing that's most likely in the playoffs. There are only 2 teams below 1400 yards that are in the playoffs if the season ends today, Denver (#18) and Washington (#20), and neither of them are really locks.

But, still, I think it goes to Newton. A sizeable chunk of Carolina's rushing yardage comes from Newton, and more even comes from his ability to scramble so defenses have to spy him and open up one less defender to cover the RB.
Team that doesn't run the ball has few rushing yards. Shocking.

Hindl

Cam Newton is the unquestioned best player on an undefeated team with great numbers and there are still folks looking for ways to give other guys the MVP.

I know a lot of people are just shitting on Cam but here's my thoughts, between the big four so far: Palmer, Brady, Wilson, Cam.

Palmer has been playing lights out football, and some of his throws last night were unreal. However, the Cardinals are a team that is stacked top to bottom with talent, so I think even with Drew Stanton, they would find some success and make the playoffs as a WC, so I'll cut Palmer.

Brady has been dealing with an average defense and Oline, a revolving door of RBs, and injuries up and down his WR core. However, as long as he has Gronk he puts up good numbers. Without him, Brady looked mortal. I know the injuries, but compare this to the next two.

The Panthers have no one really on their WR core, but Greg Olsen is making plays, albeit not to the level Gronk is. Add in the fact that Cam himself is moving the ball on the ground even when his receivers can't do anything, and that puts him above Brady for me.

The Seahawks are in a similar position as the Panthers, with a mobile QB, strong defense, and no name receivers. However, the reason I may side with Wilson is that he doesn't have Marshawn Lynch. Jonathan Stewart isn't on Lynch's level, but he's at least better than Bryce Brown and Christine Michael. I know that Stewart is hurt now, but Wilson had to literally will his team into their current streak, without their star running back. So that might just edge out Cam for me. Either one are excellent choices though

Top Bottom