• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 15 |OT| - A Fraud’s Misses

I'd say RG3's comeback is going to be legendary but lol come on

Dude's the second-most mentally broken person left in the league (Schaub's #1 rip Schaub :[)

Godslay

Banned
wienku, which garbage tackle has the duty to attempt to slow down Mack?

Let's be real here. He had 9 sacks through 12 games and feasted on a guy who is basically wouldn't be starting at RT had we lost 2 LT to injury. Kubiak fucked up by not sending a chip/help as well.

Not to mention that almost all of those sacks came against terrible OLs.

He's a great player, but I'm still not convinced he's a truly elite passrusher.

Pepiope

“There’s one play where he’s actually playing the five technique (defensive end) and the tackle fires out on him and the tight end fires out on him, so he’s got one hand on the tackle and one hand on the tight end, and he’s stringing the play down the line,” Joyner said.

“And once it’s time to make the tackle, he grabs the tight end and throws him to the side and makes the tackle. I ran it back like 10 times. I’m like that is unheard of. That’s the kind of stuff Reggie White did. Jerome was good but he didn’t do that kind of stuff. To dominate two guys?
http://www.csnphilly.com/football-p...letcher-cox-comparison-jerome-brown-very-fair

Cox the beast!

gutshot

Despite what Pep and YH might say, Sam Bradford still sucks.

The Eagles' shocking win over the 10-1 New England Patriots was always going to be a tough act to follow, but this week's scraping by of the 6-6 Buffalo Bills was particularly underwhelming.

None of the offense's 14 drives covered more than 57 yards. Six were three-and-outs ending in punts, including the penultimate possession in which even one first down would have ended the game.

Collectively, the running backs averaged 3.6 yards a carry. And quarterback Sam Bradford brushed up to the definitional basement of "efficient" by completing 60.5% of his passes for 6.5 yards per attempt (which remain bottom five-ish numbers in the modern NFL).

Bradford threw the ball deep more frequently this week, due to the "dare you to try" coverages the Bills were running, but simply tallying up the number of downfield shots obscures the larger issue, which is that the percentage of passes he's completing should be translating into far more yards overall:

EBnOsgT.png

As to why certain Eagles fans might overrate Bradford?

Speaking of Sam Bradford, there's empirical support for the "yeah, but he's our crummy quarterback" reaction, too. The classic research study involved coffee mugs, in which participants wanted to charge a much higher price to sell a mug they were given than they were willing to pay to acquire it themselves.

Economist Richard Thaler was the first to label this the "endowment effect." People place a much higher value on an object they own than they did before they owned it, which helps explain our tendency to see the best in "our" quarterback, when we'd be more clear-sighted about his overall performance if he wore a different team's jersey.

squicken

Riley Cooper and Brent Celek demonstrated the downside of throwing deep to Eagles' receivers. Derek and gutshot can have their imaginary Andrew Luck clone sitting there waiting to get drafted or signed in FA

Dat Russell.

Big part of why I think he will have the best case for MVP and OPOY by the end of the year

gutshot

Riley Cooper and Brent Celek demonstrated the downside of throwing deep to Eagles' receivers. Derek and gutshot can have their imaginary Andrew Luck clone sitting there waiting to get drafted or signed in FA

Big part of why I think he will have the best case for MVP and OPOY by the end of the year

I don't know if there is an Andrew Luck clone waiting to be drafted but I do know that Sam Bradford isn't one. I'd rather take a chance on a guy.

squicken

I don't know if there is an Andrew Luck clone waiting to be drafted but I do know that Sam Bradford isn't one. I'd rather take a chance on a guy.

That same article talks about the Super Bowl or bust mentality. I won't try and sell Bradford b/c it is a hard sell. If he want's $15m/yr they have to let him walk

The thing is, the Eagles played the Cards last year and Maclin had 12 catches for 187 yards. Eagles put a value on him and the Chiefs were willing to pay more. Now? The Eagles have their "stuck to their valuations" merit badges and no WRs that can get close to that

bionic77

Rand Paul sounds like the only person with a brain on the stage.

Everyone else is basically fighting with each other to prove they are the biggest warmonger and fascist for our next president.

Why can't we have the grown up Republican party that I grew up with? Those debates taught me something. These debates make me feel like in 10 years Gata will be qualified to run for President.

MRSA

Banned
Let's be real here. He had 9 sacks through 12 games and feasted on a guy who is basically wouldn't be starting at RT had we lost 2 LT to injury. Kubiak fucked up by not sending a chip/help as well.

Not to mention that almost all of those sacks came against terrible OLs.

He's a great player, but I'm still not convinced he's a truly elite passrusher.

He's not going to be an elite pass rusher. He's just a great all around LB/DE. I didn't expect more than 10 sacks this year, especially with the lack of talent around him. Oddly his pass rush is his weakest aspect of his game. He simply just bull rushes most the time, he needs to develop a shoulder dip or spin move. And wtf is up with Ronnie Hillman wanting no part of Mack on his 4th sack?

Rand Paul sounds like the only person with a brain on the stage.

Everyone else is basically fighting with each other to prove they are the biggest warmonger and fascist for our next president.

Why can't we have the grown up Republican party that I grew up with? Those debates taught me something. These debates make me feel like in 10 years Gata will be qualified to run for President.
Those are your people on stage.

squicken

Can't understand why anyone would hate watch a bunch of politicians yell at each other when you have no intention of voting for any of them

Its impressive that you can put all those words together in a sentence.

But it would be even more impressive if you understood what they meant.

I suggest a dictionary since schooling doesn't seem to be your thing.
I said those are your people on stage. Not really hard to figure out.

Godslay

Banned
He's not going to be an elite pass rusher. He's just a great all around LB/DE. I didn't expect more than 10 sacks this year, especially with the lack of talent around him. Oddly his pass rush is his weakest aspect of his game. He simply just bull rushes most the time, he needs to develop a shoulder dip or spin move. And wtf is up with Ronnie Hillman wanting no part of Mack on his 4th sack?

I can agree with all this. The bullrush was ridiculous though. Schofield and Harris are proving to be bums, but they were ragdolled and I think even decent OLinemen would have had a tough go.

On the Hillman attempt at help, he got a good push on him but shoved him to the interior of the pocket to Oz. I think Hillman thought Mack was going outside, misread it and tried to make up for it and made it worse.

I ran through all the offensive snaps yesterday and the time from snap to QB was fine in the 1st half. Plenty of time to make a play. 2nd half a Raider defender, usually Mack, was there in 2 seconds. It was pretty bad.

Glad to see the Raiders make progress, but hate to lose.

ACE 1991

I'll be at the Eagles Cardinals game Sunday, pretty pumped. Two weeks ago I was dreading going to this game, but now I'm excited. I don't expect the Eagles to win, but I'll be happy if they can at least come decently close. This game matters way less than the final two games of our season though.

Top Bottom